HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane Proposal Thread (keep it here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Yeah, trade for Schneider and then take Vancouver's place waiting for that one big piece to come back for our extra starting goalie.

Pittsburgh seems like the team best suited to get Kane if **** was to go sour. As was said earlier, Hamhuis would be the best expendable piece from VAN that fits the Jets, and he isn't going anywhere.

Old
08-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Fan View Post
Winnipeg is fine with Pavelec in net. Trading Kane away for a goalie would make little sense. Who would the Jets trade Pavelec for on the Leafs to replace Kane?
Seems like a lot of work when they could just as easily keep both Kane and Pavelec.

Perhaps Schneider should just be traded to Toronto for a Kane-esque player?
Toronto doesn't have anyone like that. There's Kessel-untouchable, Lupul-older, risky, and JVR, also risky.

Old
08-25-2012, 10:36 AM
hockeyGod

vCash: 500
Might be a steep price but heres my offer from the Avs.

Stastny + Barrie + 1st 2013

For

Kane

Old
08-25-2012, 10:37 AM
dannyj10

To Jets-Despres,TK,2+1sts

To Pens-Kane,2nd

Old
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Watch out. He's been to 20 games. This guy's opinion can now be accepted as fact.
Good work you confirmed my point,I was answering a statement that said my opinion was based on rumors,when all I am saying is my opinion was based on what I have seen.i have a right to my opinion,I would never be upset with someone disagreeing with it,you should try reading everything before making such intelligent comments.

Old
08-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyGod View Post

For

Kane
Holy overpayment Batman

Old
08-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Smith-pelley is a former 2nd rounder that sofas has outperformed his draft position. Not sure what his probable or absolute upside is though. I think I'll check. I would do the ANA deal over the Edler/kassian deal 10 times/10.
There is no way Ana would give up that much for kane.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
JayB

To Jets:
Voracek+picks

To Philly:
Kane

OR

To Jets:
Voracek
Read
Laughton
Gustaffson
picks

To Philly:
Kane
Byfuglien/Bogosian

Old
08-25-2012, 11:13 AM
MajorPain

Jeff Skinner Vs Evander Kane

Some brought up the fact that Kane is overrated, that he has all the tools but not a good hockey sense. I always considered Kane to be a great player and I'm wondering if this would work value wise and if not, what do you think would need to be added? (I know both teams would probably never do this).

Old
08-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Only thing that could work from Boston is something around Krejci+, and I'm sure the Jets could get something better... It's a shame... The way he plays, he'd fit in perfectly in Boston. Not to mention he'd be an instant fan favorite because he beat the **** out of Matt Cooke.

Seguin, Rask, or Hamilton can't be moved.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:38 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Guys, the Jets are almost certainly not going to want prospects+picks. They will need immediate help coming back. Most likely in the form of someone replacing Kane(or a RW), a 2nd pairing physical DFD, and/or(depending on the other two pieces) a decent young player(preferably not a pure prospect), a 1st.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:05 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Well, I, a jets fan suggested it. I like it be ause it upgrades so many of our positions. It gives us a top four shut down D and a great 3rd Centre. He may even project higher. It makes antropov expendable and tradeable to a team looking to contend. He may even work as a 2nd line C and that fills out that perfectly. If its not enough maybe an additional 1st rounder?
Orpik is fine I like him but Sutter? We don't need another third line centre. We have Slater and also Cormier waiting in the wings granted Sutter is better than either but he doesn't interest me in any way. We get a late first round pick not interested.

So we get:
3rd line centre maybe more + older defensive defenseman + late first rounder

For a 20 year old power forward 30 goal scorer that seems like a terrible trade to me

Last edited by veganhunter: 08-25-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old
08-25-2012, 12:09 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
To Jets:
Voracek+picks

To Philly:
Kane

OR

To Jets:
Voracek
Read
Laughton
Gustaffson
picks

To Philly:
Kane
Byfuglien/Bogosian
I'd be okay with Voracek as [B]one] of the main pieces but it'd take more than picks to be added. The second part is ridiculous though - you certainly don't get Byfuglien for Read + Laughton + Gustaffson and Bogosian would be ten times harder to pry away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
But I said any 3 so.....

Booth++ is what the offer is?
Booth is not something I'd consider a major piece for Kane. He's 3 years removed from even being a decent player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Enstrom and Michalek is a pretty even swap.
I feel you might be alone in that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Schnied for Kane is a fair deal.

The Peg could then flip Pav to TO
This is even more ridiculous. Schneider will not return a young 30 goal scorer even from a team that needs a goalie, much less as part of a deal that requires the team to flip their own goalie who's more proven to TO for some yet to be agreed on package that likely also fails massively at fulfilling any of the Jets needs.

I expect Kane would hypothetically fetch a Kessel-like return. That is, two top-10 picks although not necessarily as high as second overall, or the equivalent in young roster players and/or top prospects. I expect Schneider will fetch the equivalent of a second-line winger OR second-pairing D, plus one or two mid-round picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I know the first Oil proposal was awful, hopefully this one is better???

To EDM: Kane

To WPG: Hemsky, Klefbom, 2013 1st, 2014 1st

If Hemsky can get into 70 games or more (yes, I realize even that is questionable), he should be good for 60 pts. Klefbom is a stud in the making with a full compliment of tools, likely 1-2 years away. 2013 is a strong draft where our pick likely falls anywhere from 8-16. 2014, who knows, but a guess would put us 15-20.

I realize most Jet fans will say one of the big 4, but in 3 of those scenarios we downgrade (Hall, RNH, Ebs), and maybe even all 4 depending on how Yak performs (as well as having 7 yrs of contract control vs 4 with Kane). Again, this is also under the OP's premise that he actually wants out.
Ask yourself what the Oilers would want for Hall, even before he signed, and then assume the Jets want that much for Kane. You wouldn't give up a player like Hall for a player like Hemsky as one of the main pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Schneider for Kane? Valuewise it seems fair, I would seriously consider doing that. Has Kane ever played RW before?
Is everyone in here drunk today? How does a backup goalie fetch a 20 year old 30 goal scorer as fair value?

Old
08-25-2012, 12:44 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddy View Post
I don't know what the value is, but if Kane wants face-time, Toronto would be a great place.

Gardiner + MacArthur + (Kadri or Colbourne)

Gardiner + Lupul

Do any of those work?
Gardiner + Lupul is actually pretty reasonable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeane View Post
Not sure what Winnipeg would want but a proposal from Stan Bowman:

Saad
Leddy
Stalberg

for Kane

chicago's top prospect, a good young PMD, and a 20 goal scorer in Stalberg for Kane's rights

Chicago rolls a top 6 of

Kane-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Kruger-Hossa
Not the worst value but I'd rather have another good prospect than Stalberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Subban+Pacioretty for Bogo+Kane?
Value is spot on but I don't want to trade Bogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxdown View Post
To Van:
Kane

To Winnipeg
Booth (25 goal scorer)
Schroeder/Ballard (top 6 forward prospect/left side D)
1st
3rd
That is god awful injury prone, concussion prone, one time 25 goal scorer + undersized centre prospect or Ballard whose play has dropped off a cliff + a late 1st come on.....

Quote:
Niklas Jensen(power forward prospect)
Chris Tanev(potential shut down defenseman)
David Booth(replacement)

Ball park?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Devils wouldn't be able to come close to what it would take to get E. Kane mainly because they can't give up a first round pick. If I had to structure a deal with somewhat of a fair value around it, it would be like this:

Tallinder/Volchenkov+Tedenby+defensive prospect+2nd or 3rd. The defensive prospect would probably have to be a guy not named Merrill or Gelinas, although I'd consider Gelinas if it were to get Kane. Not sure the Jets would like that deal, or even need another defenseman, but it's the best the Devils could reasonably offer. I highly doubt that's enough for the Jets to bite, and other teams could probably easily top that offer.

If the Devils were to execute a trade like that:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-E.Kane
Elias-Henrique-Zubrus
Butler-Josefson-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

EDIT: After rethinking that, that deal is eerily similar to the one for Kovalchuk. Now granted, Kane is younger and didn't want out but I couldn't help but see the correlation.
Henrique, Larsson, or Zajac has to be coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
I have no problem giving that up for a 21 year old with 63 career goals.
Playing as an 18 and 19 year old on a terrible team and he scored 30 goals as a 20 year old lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Last time this thread came up, I made this proposal, which was decently accepted:

Evander Kane (RFA rights)
Tobias Enstrom

Milan Michalek
Mika Zibanejad
Colin Greening
Our 2012 first, used on Cody Ceci

0% chance he goes anywhere though. Just fun to imagine.
I like that a lot but I'm not the biggest Enstrom fan so I'm not sure if many would agree with me

Quote:
Jets

Jensen
Kassian
1st

Van

Kane

Van best 2 forward prospects + 1st

Thoughts?
I like Kassian but that is pretty bad for us

Quote:
Interesting offer.

How bout this, Winnipeg fans can pick any 3 of:

Jensen
Booth
Kassian
Tanev
1st

for a deal on Kane

Thoughts?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I know the first Oil proposal was awful, hopefully this one is better???

To EDM: Kane

To WPG: Hemsky, Klefbom, 2013 1st, 2014 1st

If Hemsky can get into 70 games or more (yes, I realize even that is questionable), he should be good for 60 pts. Klefbom is a stud in the making with a full compliment of tools, likely 1-2 years away. 2013 is a strong draft where our pick likely falls anywhere from 8-16. 2014, who knows, but a guess would put us 15-20.

I realize most Jet fans will say one of the big 4, but in 3 of those scenarios we downgrade (Hall, RNH, Ebs), and maybe even all 4 depending on how Yak performs (as well as having 7 yrs of contract control vs 4 with Kane). Again, this is also under the OP's premise that he actually wants out.
The only way you get Kane is one of those 4 we add a bit if it's necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Yeah, trade for Schneider and then take Vancouver's place waiting for that one big piece to come back for our extra starting goalie.

Pittsburgh seems like the team best suited to get Kane if **** was to go sour. As was said earlier, Hamhuis would be the best expendable piece from VAN that fits the Jets, and he isn't going anywhere.
Pittsburgh is literally one of the worst trading partners for us regarding Kane

Quote:

For

Kane
Love it but not a huge fan of Stastny's age I would rather have one of the younger centre straight up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
To Jets-Despres,TK,2+1sts

To Pens-Kane,2nd
We get a pretty good defensive prospect a third liner and 2 late firsts lol that is beyond bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
Jeff Skinner Vs Evander Kane

Some brought up the fact that Kane is overrated, that he has all the tools but not a good hockey sense. I always considered Kane to be a great player and I'm wondering if this would work value wise and if not, what do you think would need to be added? (I know both teams would probably never do this).
I would do that in a millisecond even if Kane was signed

Old
08-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Ask yourself what the Oilers would want for Hall, even before he signed, and then assume the Jets want that much for Kane. You wouldn't give up a player like Hall for a player like Hemsky as one of the main pieces.
:
Totally understand your point, and hope the offer wasn't insulting, but I did say it was under the premise the OP laid out, that Kane hasn't signed because he wants out (Not that I believe that to be true).

If I were to turn the tables and pretend Hall were the guy wanting out and the Jets offered Buff, Scheiffele and 13, 14 1sts I wouldn't be happy, but it wouldn't be horrible value wise.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Meh, I'm pulling out of this thread. I don't feel he's worth as much as people are asking for. He's a great player and all, but I just don't think he's worth paying through the nose for.

Of course, all that matter is that someone else would be willing to do that, but whatever.

Good luck to Jets fans on keeping him/getting a good return, though, Winnipeg is one of the better teams in my books.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Guys, the Jets are almost certainly not going to want prospects+picks. They will need immediate help coming back. Most likely in the form of someone replacing Kane(or a RW), a 2nd pairing physical DFD, and/or(depending on the other two pieces) a decent young player(preferably not a pure prospect), a 1st.
Would that really cut it?

Cause a package of Bourque, Emelin, Leblanc and a 1st is exactly that, and it's a deal I'd easily say yes to. Keep Leblanc out, add Plekanec and Hainsey (not quite sure what his value to you is though) and I'd still do it.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
sully1410

Quote:

For

Kane
I'd only want Stastny if we were keeping Kane otherwise he'd be kind of the same.

O'Reilly
Hejda
Barrie
1st

For

E. Kane
2nd

Old
08-25-2012, 02:15 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Would that really cut it?

Cause a package of Bourque, Emelin, Leblanc and a 1st is exactly that, and it's a deal I'd easily say yes to. Keep Leblanc out, add Plekanec and Hainsey (not quite sure what his value to you is though) and I'd still do it.
Not if Bourque is the replacement obviously. I mean a good replacement. Borderline 1st liner. Bourque's best season point's wise is only one point better then Kane's 20 year old season. But no, the other pieces are about right. Assuming Emelin actually plays more then 17 minutes a night, because we need more minutes out of someone like that. Although, it's not like Buff, Enstrom, and Bogo couldn't all handle 24+ minutes a night.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Not if Bourque is the replacement obviously. I mean a good replacement. Borderline 1st liner. Bourque's best season point's wise is only one point better then Kane's 20 year old season. But no, the other pieces are about right. Assuming Emelin actually plays more then 17 minutes a night, because we need more minutes out of someone like that. Although, it's not like Buff, Enstrom, and Bogo couldn't all handle 24+ minutes a night.
I like this deal especially if we end up getting Plekanec back. He'd be a great 2nd Line, 2 way centre that would allow little to go to right win and for us to roll 2 solid top six lines.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Wow. Some of the proposals in here are absolutely moronic in nature. Unbelievable.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

Quote:
Meh, I'm pulling out of this thread. I don't feel he's worth as much as people are asking for. He's a great player and all, but I just don't think he's worth paying through the nose for.
i mean if hes asking for a trade and it comes out , people arnt going to trade much , lets be honast look @ luongo and nash

ask out , and value sinks , jets fans seem to think different

Old
08-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
i mean if hes asking for a trade and it comes out , people arnt going to trade much , lets be honast look @ luongo and nash

ask out , and value sinks , jets fans seem to think different
Has there been one confirmed quote from Kane or his agent that he wants out? It's all been garbage twitter rumors and a moron from RDS that was quickly debunked.

Maybe I should go and make a bunch of fake twitter handles, post that 10 or 20 top players want out of their teams and that they are head cases and see if HF buys it all?

Old
08-25-2012, 03:18 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Yakupov
Paajarvi

for

Kane
Bogosian

Old
08-25-2012, 03:25 PM