HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You are shopping D?

Old
08-24-2012, 03:51 PM
PenguinTommy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
What twitter rumor?
Well known twitter rumor "company" ..don't take it seriously, that's why I added laughing smiles at the end..

On the other hand, it really reminds me Gogo-Neal+Nisky trade...

Still...take it with a grain of salt

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
Dany Heatley...want. Badly.

An easy 160 goals out of Sid/Heater/Geno/Jim Neal
Have you seen the guy play lately? He's progressively getting slower and it seems like one of those things that isn't going to get better.

I think he's Andrew Brunette fast now. Not good.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 05:49 AM
JTG

Heatley is definitely not the guy he used to be.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:44 AM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Heatley is definitely not the guy he used to be.
Yeah I totally agree with the fact that he isn't the same guy. I do think he's still at least 30(s) goal guy with Sid though. He's still way better than Guerin was as far as a slower guy that played on Sid's line. I think Heatley is defintiely a guy worth getting in my opinion because we have the space, and he only has two years left on that deal.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Yeah I totally agree with the fact that he isn't the same guy. I do think he's still at least 30(s) goal guy with Sid though. He's still way better than Guerin was as far as a slower guy that played on Sid's line. I think Heatley is defintiely a guy worth getting in my opinion because we have the space, and he only has two years left on that deal.
he wouldn't be my top choice, but I'd rather get him than do nothing.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
I wouldn't be opposed to Heatley. I think he could still score 30 goals being set up by either Sid or Geno, and I'm hoping that our locker room has enough leadership/maturity to handle one guy who may be mopy without it ruining chemistry. Plus the fact the remaining years on his contract isn't that much, that even if he's a failure, it's a short term failure.

He's a better option than going into the season with either Cooke, Kennedy, or an unproven rookie as our final top six winger, at the very least.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to Heatley. I think he could still score 30 goals being set up by either Sid or Geno, and I'm hoping that our locker room has enough leadership/maturity to handle one guy who may be mopy without it ruining chemistry. Plus the fact the remaining years on his contract isn't that much, that even if he's a failure, it's a short term failure.

He's a better option than going into the season with either Cooke, Kennedy, or an unproven rookie as our final top six winger, at the very least.
I still don't see any chance of us moving a potential top 4 d-man before the season so I don't think that part matters. We currently have 3 proven top 4 d-men; two of which just had awful seasons. We have at least two others with potential, but they'll need to prove they can handle it before we move anybody. Shero isn't going to create an even bigger hole in the defense to fill a wing position. If things go well and Martin, Orpik, Niskanen and Despres all perform as well as some of us think they can, then we can move one of them. If not, Shero has made it pretty clear that defense is a higher priority than wings.

And I actually think the opposite as far as Tangradi goes. If there's ever a time to try him, its the beginning of the season when we can still pick up a guy like Heatley later.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I still don't see any chance of us moving a potential top 4 d-man before the season so I don't think that part matters. We currently have 3 proven top 4 d-men; two of which just had awful seasons. We have at least two others with potential, but they'll need to prove they can handle it before we move anybody. Shero isn't going to create an even bigger hole in the defense to fill a wing position. If things go well and Martin, Orpik, Niskanen and Despres all perform as well as some of us think they can, then we can move one of them. If not, Shero has made it pretty clear that defense is a higher priority than wings.

And I actually think the opposite as far as Tangradi goes. If there's ever a time to try him, its the beginning of the season when we can still pick up a guy like Heatley later.
I know the thread and discussion was about possibly moving Martin for wing help, but my post was more me giving my opinion on potentially acquiring Heatley, in general.

I agree, I don't think Shero will deal Martin. Not until he has a good idea whether some of the youngsters can handle NHL minutes, and can potentially take Martin's minutes.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Honour Over Glory

I think Shero gives Martin until late November or near the end of December to prove last year was just a fluke year. That is if the season starts on time. Shero is probably going to make that move fast so he can assess what else he needs to do at the deadline rather than make that move at the deadline and have his entire defense re-adjust in the final stretch.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote