HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st Line RW to Ottawa

Old
08-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Hemsky for a prospect and a pick

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:21 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorchang View Post
Injuries. You look at his ppg?
His ppg is 0.72 in the last 3 seasons, which is 59 points over 82 games.

His ppg was 0.52 last year. Explain to me how that is a 70 point player.

Explain to me how this player, who is 29 and the most injury prone player in the league, is worth a blue chip prospect like Zibanejad.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:24 PM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
And if he cannot play a full season then he wont be able to put up 70 points.
He just played 69 games. It looks like hes recovering well. Hall hasn't played a full season im sure you wouldn't trade zibanejad for him right?

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Corey Perry could potentially be had for a pick (rights-not 1st) or even for free (UFA), so that's the best option and its worth waiting for. Especially given the fact that many of our specs could okay and impress this year anyways.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:26 PM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
His ppg is 0.72 in the last 3 seasons, which is 59 points over 82 games.

His ppg was 0.52 last year. Explain to me how that is a 70 point player.

Explain to me how this player, who is 29 and the most injury prone player in the league, is worth a blue chip prospect like Zibanejad.
Career ppg of 0.82, thats 66 points. Explain to me how a 66 point player isn't worth a prospect.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:27 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Career ppg of 0.82, thats 66 points. Explain to me how a 66 point player isn't worth a prospect.
We'll trade Michalek for Yakupov.

Hemsky and Yakupov for Michalek and Zibanejad

fyi his career ppg is 63 points over 82

Old
08-25-2012, 01:31 PM
senorchang

Quote:
We'll trade Michalek for Yakupov.

Hemsky and Yakupov for Michalek and Zibanejad
Yakupov is a 1st overall. Michalek is a product of spezza and karlsson.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Roof Daddy

Much rather keep Hemmer and see if he can stay healthy and click with Yak. If his perceived value is truly what some Sens fans seem to think, then there is zero incentive in moving him. If he ends up injured and doesn't return to form offensively then oh well, I guess we missed out on turning him into Bobby Butler and a 5th rder.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:35 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Yakupov is a 1st overall. Michalek is a product of spezza and karlsson.
Zibanejad is 6th overall.

Michalek also had great seasons in San Jose, so no.

Hemsky hasn't been healthy and produced offense at the same time in 4 years. He's done and broken down.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
He just played 69 games. It looks like hes recovering well. Hall hasn't played a full season im sure you wouldn't trade zibanejad for him right?
and in those 69 games he put up 36 points. That is good enough for 8th on the Sens. He is 29. Sens are not in a "win now" position. We are rebuilding just as much as you are. We just had better success this year.

Would I trade Hall for Zibby? Doesn't matter, Edmonton would never trade him. He is worth just as much off the ice for them as he is on the ice.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:51 PM
senorchang

Quote:
Zibanejad is 6th overall.

Michalek also had great seasons in San Jose, so no.

Hemsky hasn't been healthy and produced offense at the same time in 4 years. He's done and broken down.
Michalek played with stars his whole career. Hemsky played with like Horcoff.

Right, no one has ever recovered from injuries in the history of hockey despite. Lets just ignore that he just finished the majority of the season, while having a down year offensively granted but the talent is still there and his health is looking better and better.

Hasn't produced offense ? hes been at ppg(or near) with the exception of last year and that is because he was playing in a role he hadn't before.

Last edited by spiny norman: 08-25-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: not needed
Old
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

No interest for Hemsky. He has injury problems, a $5M cap hit and I don't think he'd be a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Kessel
3rd

for

Zibanejad
Cowen
Lehner
Silferberg
Definitely not. Why trade our entire prospect pool for a player that's going to walk in two years via UFA? I think Kessel walks from Toronto in two and goes back to the US.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
senorchang

Quote:
and in those 69 games he put up 36 points. That is good enough for 8th on the Sens. He is 29. Sens are not in a "win now" position. We are rebuilding just as much as you are. We just had better success this year.

Would I trade Hall for Zibby? Doesn't matter, Edmonton would never trade him. He is worth just as much off the ice for them as he is on the ice.
He had a down year in which he wasn't the teams 1st line rw. I know the senators are stacked but the only forwards with more talent than hemsky are spezza and alfie. I know the sens are in the same spot as us and it doesn't make sense all im trying to argue is his value.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
How about we play our prospects and find a solution internally. Kthxbye.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
He had a down year in which he wasn't the teams 1st line rw. I know the senators are stacked but the only forwards with more talent than hemsky are spezza and alfie. I know the sens are in the same spot as us and it doesn't make sense all im trying to argue is his value.
I understand where you are coming from. I feel Hemsky's value has gone down a bit. For a few reasons.

1)His Contract. He is getting paid 5m per year plus 1.5m and 500k in signing bonuses. (how is cap is still only 5m confuses me)

2)injury history. He could very well go on to play 82 games a year for the next 6 years. But history with other players shows that when a player is hurt as often as Hemsky he rarely plays a full season again.

3)Depth. He lost 1st line duty to Eberle, now Yakupov is in the picture. They could move him. They could also see they're paying their second highest player this year to pull 3rd line duties.

These are just my feelings, Oilers management may see this as complete opposite.

Ignoring prospects, where does Edmonton need help? Perhaps a hockey deal can be made.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:20 PM
senorchang

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. I feel Hemsky's value has gone down a bit. For a few reasons.

1)His Contract. He is getting paid 5m per year plus 1.5m and 500k in signing bonuses. (how is cap is still only 5m confuses me)

2)injury history. He could very well go on to play 82 games a year for the next 6 years. But history with other players shows that when a player is hurt as often as Hemsky he rarely plays a full season again.

3)Depth. He lost 1st line duty to Eberle, now Yakupov is in the picture. They could move him. They could also see they're paying their second highest player this year to pull 3rd line duties.

These are just my feelings, Oilers management may see this as complete opposite.

Ignoring prospects, where does Edmonton need help? Perhaps a hockey deal can be made.
5m for a 1st liner isn't bad, and ottawa has plenty of cap space. The length of it is actually quite attractive as it gives you options.

He most likely wont, but he wont have 20-30 game seasons it would probably be around 60-70, which is reasonable.

Exactly, edmonton has too many rw and hemsky is not a player who can play in a 3rd line role. He;s expendable (if he doesn't work on the left side, probably not because he loves to use his body to protect the puck on the right side). I would actually be fine with trading Hemsky for Greening because Greening can play the 3rd line.

A player like Turris would really help the Oilers. On nights when the kids aren't superhuman its painful to watch. Turris provides secondary scoring and good defense.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
5m for a 1st liner isn't bad, and ottawa has plenty of cap space. The length of it is actually quite attractive as it gives you options.

He most likely wont, but he wont have 20-30 game seasons it would probably be around 60-70, which is reasonable.

Exactly, edmonton has too many rw and hemsky is not a player who can play in a 3rd line role. He;s expendable (if he doesn't work on the left side, probably not because he loves to use his body to protect the puck on the right side). I would actually be fine with trading Hemsky for Greening because Greening can play the 3rd line.

A player like Turris would really help the Oilers. On nights when the kids aren't superhuman its painful to watch. Turris provides secondary scoring and good defense.

Unfortunately Turris is not available. We traded away a very good prospect and a pick to get him to fill a hole we had. We would just be creating a new hole.

You may have better luck with Regin+

Old
08-25-2012, 02:28 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I'd say Kane, but clearly that didn't work out, lol. I honestly think you're looking for a stopgap until a prospect like Silfverberg or Z work out. You can get a guy like Hemsky cheap.
And you can count on him for 10 games a year!

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:11 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Corey Perry could potentially be had for a pick (rights-not 1st) or even for free (UFA), so that's the best option and its worth waiting for. Especially given the fact that many of our specs could okay and impress this year anyways.
Corey perry can be had for not a first but a second round pick?

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:13 PM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Corey perry can be had for not a first but a second round pick?
Hes talking about a trade deadline deal.

Old
08-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Benny FTW
44.jgp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frea_K View Post
How about we play our prospects and find a solution internally. Kthxbye.
This.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Jamin

Whats funny when saying Hemsky is no longer the first line winger is he played way harder minutes so Eberle could score points against middling forward competition. Without Hemsky Eberle has to play these monutes and who knows if he is ready to take them on and still produce or if he could just keep his head above water.

At worst he stays injury prone and he is off the team in a couple years (1 year if its a lockout). At best he becomes the 60-70 point player he used to be which would be awesome. Keep him around or his value has increased alot.

To me that risk >garbage and used pucks HF thinks he is worth

I dont know if he will ever be what he was but even a 40-60 point second line player would be fine to me. He is not guranteed "done" like that one monkey seems to think

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
This.
I 2nd this.

Personally I think Zibanejad will end up on the right wing. I think he'd be better off there, but that's just me.

Nyquist for Ceci? Wings could use a dman like him in their system, and they have plenty of top-6 forward prospects.

Ottawa has a great young defensive core, and parts with a good one for Nyquist, who could step into their top 6 this year(if there is one).

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:51 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
I 2nd this.

Personally I think Zibanejad will end up on the right wing. I think he'd be better off there, but that's just me.

Nyquist for Ceci? Wings could use a dman like him in their system, and they have plenty of top-6 forward prospects.

Ottawa has a great young defensive core, and parts with a good one for Nyquist, who could step into their top 6 this year(if there is one).
Zibanejad, Petersson, Da Costa, Hoffman, Noesen, Prince, Puempel, Stone, Pageau,....

Ceci,..., Wiercioch,..., ?????

No

Old
08-25-2012, 03:52 PM
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!

If Corey Perry is UFA next year, there's little point in trading for him as we can just entice him to join our team next year with money and Bryan Murray love, without losing a player in return. Any other good forward in next years UFA bunch? If needed as our prospects might prove worthy additions on the first two lines.

So we sit and wait unless something amazingly in our favour appears.

dennilfloss is offline   Reply With Quote