HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Where will Andrei Kostitsyn go?

Old
08-25-2012, 02:54 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
you're right, Howson is a genius, which explains why Columbus is in such great shape. didn't the supposed cornerstone of your franchise just escape to new york? three coaches in four years? awesome.
Viqsi never once called Howson a genius, so I'm not really sure from where you pulled this comment.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
Not a problem in the locker room? Didn't Poile publicly state they aren't bringing him back specifically cause he was?

lol. Gee, who will I believe, an actual NHL GM who has dealt with him or infatuated Montreal fans on Internet Forum HFBoards???

He hasn't signed anywhere cause no one wants him. KHL here he comes!!
He was one of the most liked in the locker room. Sure he did go out when he was younger, sure he did stupid things.. But that's is personal life, nothing hockey related/locker-room . This doesnt excuse the fact that he was out on a game eve. But it was still overblown.. 45 Minutes, and they we're sobber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
He's not known for being the sharpest tool in the shed... IF what you're saying is true (and I highly doubt it), he's dumber than I thought for not taking it. I'd be shocked if he had an offer in the NHL.
You're right about this what is the difference between a 40 goal scorer or a 20 ? Hockey IQ, AK has shown limited IQ. But he still can complete incredible plays.
Yet, you're a delusional hater. You should know that his wife just came over to america with his kid and that his familly is really wealthy back in Bielorussia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
I've never really paid attention enough, who were his typical linemates in Montreal? Watching highlight videos of him shows a player who has brilliant skill and knows how to use his size to his advantage, I know people have said he was inconsistent, but does he show that same level of skill every game or does he get lazy during bad stretches?

The only thing I could think is he's a player who was, at least partially, a victim of his linemates.

(as a hockey fan I)Would love to see him with either Malkin/Sid, Datsyuk, or even Backstrom.
During his best season he played with Kovalev and Plekanec, AK had a career year. Next year Plekanec and Kovalev we'rent shades of themselves and he still managed a 20 goal season. In 09-10 he was on pace for a 50-60 points season and was our best forward before getting rammed viciously to the head by Kurt Sauer and went out with a concussion for I think 20 games and had a very slow rehab..Still managed 33 points...(iN 50 ISH GAMES..). He had another great season with Plekanec scoring 20, leading in hits...And then came this year... Where he was amazing with Eller at the start of the year but got kicked on Gomez wing to kickstart him... Didnt work then AK got all the crap and was kicked down to the 4th line by Cunneyworth...He then got back with Eller and they had a good stretch then Cunneyworth reunites Gomez and AK again... And the season ended like that. AK was on pace for another 20-50 season before getting bumped on Gomez wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Just an example...take it however you want.

Neal was a 20 goal scorer in Dallas with Ribeiro and Richards.

Neal is a 40 goal scorer after 1 full season with Malkin. Not saying Kostitsyn could do the same, but I wouldn't rule out 30 if he had chemistry with Sid or Geno. I mean think real hard about this...he wants to stay in the NHL, if you are given the opportunity to play for a legit contender and a shot at playing with either of the 2 best centers in the game...you find new motivation to prove everyone that doubted you that you can change and be better.

There are plenty of cases where a player hasn't changed and AK could be in that pile too, but I kind of want to give him the benefit of the doubt first, he didn't play with an elite center in his entire career on either the preds or habs, until he does and fails...I'll be optimistic about the kid.
I don't think he could be a 40 goal scorer in this league, he lack's consistency.. Maybe on a year where he got extremely lucky and being centered by elite centers.. But I still 30 is still plausible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
I'm sort of surprised the Rangers are in on Doan, but not on AK considering Doan's insane demands (if true).

AK can play the kind of game the Rangers would want him to play (minus the insane amount of shotblocking - but I feel that will change with this year's team and having the puck a lot more often than less) I think AK could provide a similar amount of secondary scoring and skill the Rangers would need at a lot lower of a price than Shane Doan.

AK could easily slot into the Rangers top-6 moving Hagelin to the 3rd line where he won't burn himself out like he did last season. 84 games of skating at 100+ mph every shift will do that to you.

Maybe it's the character issues keeping the Rangers away.
He wouldn't do good under Torts. He need's to get rubbed the right way or he gets underconfident and makes more and more mistakes..He's kinda fragile mentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Apparently. Every NHL season of AK-46's career he has played in PO. Doesn't look like MC is going to be in playoffs in next 2-3 years, so yeah he is not the answer.
I really don't understand all the hate the guy gets. Well, I can understand that a user with nickname Lucic will hate him. It is hard to accept that a guy you name yourself after is been knocked on his booty every time he collides with Andrei.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiIKwSw0qqY
Doesn't make sense to see habs fans hate him. Did he not live up to the standards some fans wanted him to be? Was he getting paid 7m+ and did nothing for the team? He was mainly playing on a third line with line-mates like Moen, Eller or Gomez and still managed to put in average 45 points in a season. Well if you wanted him to be that elite player, maybe just maybe you should provide him with elite line-mates. Maybe he shouldn't be demoted from his line when he was bringing it to try and get Gomez or Gionta going.
Comments about contract year for European player were just as ugly as a story about him been criminal. Montreal police tried so hard to find anything but failed, twice. But some people chose to believe this story is true, just because they want it to be true. The fact is that every time I watch highlights for visually amazing goals scored by MC Andrei will be involved in good 2/3 of them. Another fact is that MC fail to develop their 1-st rounders. It smells like he is a scape-goat more than anything else.
Cancer in locker-room? Well I've heart he was one of most loved players in Montreal's locker room. So where this BS coming from?
The story with Radu is totally overblown. 1 hour at most late WITH NO ALCOHOL or partying included? Gimme a break. Read this story first and tell me if you think Poile wasn't over-reacting or maybe finding excuses why the team lost....
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...ne/MAG1198348/

To sum it up. If someone thinks that Shane Doan 35 years old with 28 points in 55 PO games worth 7 mil and AK (8 years younger) with 23 points in 49 PO games (has almost same numbers and same experience) doesn't belong to NHL I feel pity for them
I wouldn't go out and say AK is elite. It's statement like that that make people think he's lazy/sucks etc..

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I wouldn't go out and say AK is elite. It's statement like that that make people think he's lazy/sucks etc..
I never said he is elite player. All I said you can't expect anyone to be 70-80 point guy playing on 3-rd line with line-mates like Moen and Gomez. I believe putting 50 points with Plekanec is very good achievement as IMHO Tomas is not winger-friendly center. But that is just my opinion.
As for his hockey IQ. I don't know why people think he has low hockey IQ. Every time he plays with atleast one creative player on his line he looks good as he has someone to play with. He doesn't look good when team plays dump and chase kind of hockey. But does it makes his hockey IQ low? IDK. He can't understand primitive hockey, but he fits very well in creative type of hockey. Your call how good is his hockey IQ
There are problems I can see with AK-46
1) He doesn't shoot puck enough.
2) He has confidence issues. Especially since martin started with a team. The fact he wasn't in coaches plans, got bounced between lines and got punished for literally 1 mistake didn't help. So IDK if that is his personality or is that "successful" coaching achievement
3) He doesn't have enough sport anger. I mean the good kind of anger, not the dirty one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
TYou can't build your team around him but you can include him as a piece to complement your core.
There is no winger in NHL I would start to build my team. IMHO good teams are always built around elite centers and goalies

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I never said he is elite player. All I said you can't expect anyone to be 70-80 point guy playing on 3-rd line with line-mates like Moen and Gomez. I believe putting 50 points with Plekanec is very good achievement as IMHO Tomas is not winger-friendly center. But that is just my opinion.
As for his hockey IQ. I don't know why people think he has low hockey IQ. Every time he plays with atleast one creative player on his line he looks good as he has someone to play with. He doesn't look good when team plays dump and chase kind of hockey. But does it makes his hockey IQ low? IDK. He can't understand primitive hockey, but he fits very well in creative type of hockey. Your call how good is his hockey IQ
There are problems I can see with AK-46
1) He doesn't shoot puck enough.
2) He has confidence issues. Especially since martin started with a team. The fact he wasn't in coaches plans, got bounced between lines and got punished for literally 1 mistake didn't help. So IDK if that is his personality or is that "successful" coaching achievement
3) He doesn't have enough sport anger. I mean the good kind of anger, not the dirty one

There is no winger in NHL I would start to build my team. IMHO good teams are always built around elite centers and goalies

His IQ is average .. That's is biggest knock.. He needs alot of time to ajust to schemes. I didnt mean Hockey IQ, playmaking wise. Because he's great at this (see Eller's big night..) And I get what you are saying about the anger.. His brother had more of this. He's passive. Sometimes he takes too much time to wind up his shot he has a quick release but he also has a really heavy shot and he tends to try and take the goalies head off before anything...AK is still one of my favorite all time habs. (Maybe it's just because of those hits on Chara and Lucic.)

And i'd build around Ovi and Perry easily.

Old
08-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Because it's unlikely he receives an offer in the NHL. His last fiasco in Nashville in the playoffs may have been the last nail in the coffin.

Also, is there a credible link somewhere that he refused major money from the KHL or is that a pipe dream from his supporters?
2 contracts ago when everyone was in love with Kostitsyn.

Quote:
His IQ is average .. That's is biggest knock.. He needs alot of time to ajust to schemes. I didnt mean Hockey IQ, playmaking wise. Because he's great at this (see Eller's big night..) And I get what you are saying about the anger.. His brother had more of this. He's passive. Sometimes he takes too much time to wind up his shot he has a quick release but he also has a really heavy shot and he tends to try and take the goalies head off before anything...AK is still one of my favorite all time habs. (Maybe it's just because of those hits on Chara and Lucic.)

And i'd build around Ovi and Perry easily.
That's not his biggest knock. His biggest knock is he'll take a game over like a star player can, then disappear for 20 games...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
2 contracts ago when everyone was in love with Kostitsyn.

That's not his biggest knock. His biggest knock is he'll take a game over like a star player can, then disappear for 20 games...
Is that a knock on him ? 20 games ? I guess he could be invisible for 1-2-3 games but to say 20 .. You must be refering to when he was paired with the offense b1ack ho1e ?

Old
08-25-2012, 04:02 PM
RehnX

Quote:
During his best season he played with Kovalev and Plekanec, AK had a career year. Next year Plekanec and Kovalev we'rent shades of themselves and he still managed a 20 goal season. In 09-10 he was on pace for a 50-60 points season and was our best forward before getting rammed viciously to the head by Kurt Sauer and went out with a concussion for I think 20 games and had a very slow rehab..Still managed 33 points...(iN 50 ISH GAMES..). He had another great season with Plekanec scoring 20, leading in hits...And then came this year... Where he was amazing with Eller at the start of the year but got kicked on Gomez wing to kickstart him... Didnt work then AK got all the crap and was kicked down to the 4th line by Cunneyworth...He then got back with Eller and they had a good stretch then Cunneyworth reunites Gomez and AK again... And the season ended like that. AK was on pace for another 20-50 season before getting bumped on Gomez wing.

He wouldn't do good under Torts. He need's to get rubbed the right way or he gets underconfident and makes more and more mistakes..He's kinda fragile mentally.
Wow, thanks for the detailed response. I've wanted him on the Pens all off-season(actually, I wanted to trade for him last year), but now I want him even more. He would be a more skilled(albeit more inconsistent as well) version of Kunitz, AND Bylsma is great with players. I mean, after Jefferys penalty shot flub in the playoffs Bylsma was nothing but encouraging to him.

RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
It was a while ago, but yes; a KHL team offered him(I believe it was) 6 million.

He and Radulov missed curfew by 45 minutes, in a different timezone, and on a night where they had no morning activities.

The more likely reason he hasn't been signed yet it the same reason free agency has been slow from the start; very few teams want to give new contracts to UFAs if there isn't even a season. He will be signed regardless, but it will be AFTER Doan.
A couple of points:
  1. The rumoured offered from the KHL he turned down: I searched everywhere on the internet and I can't find any mentions of it anywhere, from non-credible and even less from credible sources. It sounds like hearsay from rumouroids. One would think that had it been the case, it would have been plastered all over the Habs section by AK's loverboys.
  2. His night out during the playoffs: I don't buy the 45 minutes late and you know why? I give more credit to Nashville's management and strongly believe that had there been a good reason, had it been 45 minutes, those two bozos would have been back in the line-up, especially considering the importance of those games for the team.

Quote:
You're right about this what is the difference between a 40 goal scorer or a 20 ? Hockey IQ, AK has shown limited IQ. But he still can complete incredible plays.
Yet, you're a delusional hater. You should know that his wife just came over to america with his kid and that his familly is really wealthy back in Bielorussia.
And he has taken many nights off and missed even more plays.

As for your last comment, I refuse to lower myself to your level with kindergarten name calling.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:19 PM
RehnX

Quote:
A couple of points:
  1. The rumoured offered from the KHL he turned down: I searched everywhere on the internet and I can't find any mentions of it anywhere, from non-credible and even less from credible sources. It sounds like hearsay from rumouroids. One would think that had it been the case, it would have been plastered all over the Habs section by AK's loverboys.
  2. His night out during the playoffs: I don't buy the 45 minutes late and you know why? I give more credit to Nashville's management and strongly believe that had there been a good reason, had it been 45 minutes, those two bozos would have been back in the line-up, especially considering the importance of those games for the team.
It was Chesnokov who reported it if I'm not mistaken, but I'm not going through his twitter.

They would not have been in the line-up if it had been 5 minutes, Tortz has his rules and that's that, and no there probably wasn't a good reason, they probably just lost track of time(Have you ever been out with friends and realize "Holy #!^&, is it really 1 already?!"?).

You can disagree with it all you want, but, your laughably childish disdain for Kostitsyn is obvious. Just like Semin, he will be back in the NHL during the next regular season we have.

RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
A couple of points:

And he has taken many nights off and missed even more plays.

As for your last comment, I refuse to lower myself to your level with kindergarten name calling.
You're delusional when you come to talk about AK. Nothing more nothing less. You just hate him.. it's cool I too hate some players.. But I still can admit they're not worthless and bound to be out of the NHL.

Old
08-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I never said he is elite player. All I said you can't expect anyone to be 70-80 point guy playing on 3-rd line with line-mates like Moen and Gomez. I believe putting 50 points with Plekanec is very good achievement as IMHO Tomas is not winger-friendly center.
He got those points because Kovalev was awesome. He has never come close to that level ever again.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
I'm sort of surprised the Rangers are in on Doan, but not on AK considering Doan's insane demands (if true).

AK can play the kind of game the Rangers would want him to play (minus the insane amount of shotblocking - but I feel that will change with this year's team and having the puck a lot more often than less) I think AK could provide a similar amount of secondary scoring and skill the Rangers would need at a lot lower of a price than Shane Doan.

AK could easily slot into the Rangers top-6 moving Hagelin to the 3rd line where he won't burn himself out like he did last season. 84 games of skating at 100+ mph every shift will do that to you.

Maybe it's the character issues keeping the Rangers away.
Yup. Getting drunk after a playoff game wouldn't fit Torts' MO.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Is that a knock on him ? 20 games ? I guess he could be invisible for 1-2-3 games but to say 20 .. You must be refering to when he was paired with the offense b1ack ho1e ?
Exaggerated for 20 games, but he does disappear for long periods of time.

Remember the game Vs. the Jets. Eller's hat trick and Akost was flying and stick handling ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Exaggerated for 20 games, but he does disappear for long periods of time.

Remember the game Vs. the Jets. Eller's hat trick and Akost was flying and stick handling ?
Yep. He probably had good sex that night. Blame the wife. Or was he played is real style of hockey? Was he misused? Was he playing with scrubs ?

Old
08-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Probably waiting for Doan to sign.

Then he'll listen to offers from the KHL and see if desperate teams overpay in the NHL for him in a last resort.

I'm sure he goes to the KHL.
But only if no one in the NHL even wanted him. AK will exhaust his NHL options first.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I could see NJD, PHX, or WAS

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 08:34 PM
dannyj10

Shero should give him a 1-2yr deal @ 3-3.5 n see how it works out. That leaves 7mil open to try and sign either Perry or Iggy in 2013 if the cap stays the same.

Kunitz/Crosby/Iggy/Perry
Neal/Malkin/AK

Thats a pretty sick top 6.

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
Shero should give him a 1-2yr deal @ 3-3.5 n see how it works out. That leaves 7mil open to try and sign either Perry or Iggy in 2013 if the cap stays the same.

Kunitz/Crosby/Iggy/Perry
Neal/Malkin/AK

Thats a pretty sick top 6.
If doan gets 7+ and Parise gets 8 Mill why would Perry or iggy sign for less then 8?

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
has something to do with three colours, red white and blue, but fewer stars...haha
i dont get it

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Honour Over Glory

Long post about 40 goals when I said 30.

Good times.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:12 AM
mstad101

I'd give him two years for 6 million total. Give Kesler's line a true consistent 20 goal scorer on his line, who would put up 100 hits and be able to play between 16 n 18 minutes without being out of place defensively.
He could easily get more from a team offering more of a role, I'd just hope he'd wanna try to win n have at least some security.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i dont get it
call it comedic licence, little extra subtlety as most people don't even get the difference between the two independent nations and paint all players from anything east of Germany with the same brush....

other explanation is that it just wasn't very funny and you should pretend I never wasted your time....just get sick of some of the bias on this site and in the hockey media...

Korolyuk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Odelein24

Andrei does well with consistent linemates.

Kovalev, Plekanec, Kostitsyn was an incredibly dangerous line.

Cammalleri, Plekanec, Kostitsyn was another line that dominated till either Andrei got injured or JM broke them up.

Most recently, Moen, Eller, Kostitsyn was a dominating 3rd line.

Then, Andrei was given to Scott Gomez to "get him going". Gomez's style did not mesh with Andrei on the ice and he became a black hole of offence (like many of Gomez's linemates).

Another poster said they wouldn't give up on Andrei till he fails with an elite center, I agree completely. IMO he's been misused and thrown around by incompetent coaching.

All he needs is decent and consistent linemates, not a turnstile and Gomez.

Last edited by Odelein24: 08-26-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Typos
Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Fuelled by Passion

He wasn't drinking or parting this night. We all live in 21-st century and this kind of behavior will always leave "prints". Anyone could find me pictures or videos for such a behavior be my guest....
They were 1 hour late and broke a curfew and should be fined at the most.
Let's see ho did Andrei produce the next day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSoX3W-FzeY
Highlight of the night
Let's see how others produced in this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj76o...e=results_main
I'm not sure who was drinking and partying

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50