HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cal - NJ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
  #126
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
Bärtschi's career regular season statistics : 5GP/3G/0A/3PTS/+2
Zajac's career regular season statistics: 423GP/91G/164A/255PTS/+36


Bärtschi>Zajac ?



Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
  #127
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,492
vCash: 100
Everyone's flipping because I don't want to give up Irving? Lol so what, not for Zajac atleast. He's far from anything special. 2c with mediocre offensive abilities. Meh

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 04:57 PM
  #128
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Stajan had back to back 50 point seasons 3-4 years ago too. I'm saying what is relavant is what they have done over a recent stretch.
That doesn't answer why you ignored them at all.

Selanne 2001-2003


Last edited by GM17*: 08-24-2012 at 05:02 PM.
GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 05:05 PM
  #129
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Everyone's flipping because I don't want to give up Irving? Lol so what, not for Zajac atleast. He's far from anything special. 2c with mediocre offensive abilities. Meh
You're right people should have just taken it for exactly what it is either A) a comment by someone trying to start a fight B) a comment by someone who's never watched a hockey game in their lives C) A completely biases opinion by someone without enough knowledge be be involved in an actual hockey conversation.

So which are you?

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
  #130
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,492
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
You're right people should have just taken it for exactly what it is either A) a comment by someone trying to start a fight B) a comment by someone who's never watched a hockey game in their lives C) A completely biases opinion by someone without enough knowledge be be involved in an actual hockey conversation.

So which are you?
I think I made it pretty clear? Can you read? I just don't want to give up Irving,. Not in a package for Zajac, not sure how that starts a fight considering devils fans have no interest in giving up Zajac anyways.. Cool? Cool.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:09 PM
  #131
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
again, EVERYONE had bad years 2 years ago. Kovalchuk had like 60 points. does he suck too now?

and last year he had a serious leg injury. came back and lit it up in the playoffs.

for the millionth time, the Devils have NO interest in trading Zajac UNLESS its in a package for a center upgrade. that is it. so you can keep your "can't miss elite prospects"

I love how baertschi > Zajac now. unbelievable. only on HF boards.
The excuses made for his season 2 yrs ago by devil fans is just laughable when on the other hand telling us what a vital part he is to the team, its most important player accordibg to some.

Well if that is indeed the case then instead of saying everyone struggled that yr maybe Zajac and his disgusting 13 goals and 40pts in 82 games while getting tons of 1st line ice and PP should shoulderthe blame, you know being the teams most important player and all!

And dont try and hang it on johnny mac who only coached 30 of those 82 games

The amount of hype and expectations devil fans have placed on Zajac and Henrique to tryand compensate for the HUGEhole Zach left in the lineupwhen he decided he didnt want to be a devil anymore is comical.

God help devil fans if either dont meet thedevil fans lofty and unrealistic expectations guys like you have placed on tbem but I guess it will make the Zajac bashing a little morebelievable then the comical Parise bashing that was preceded by 6 yrs of telling us how he was the greatest thing sonce sliced bread!

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:12 PM
  #132
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Oh look who showed up. briiiing. thats the devils thread alarm.

'your excuses for his one bad season...'

nevermind you only have one season to nitpick and it happens to be career lows for nearly the entire team. whats more retarded? pickin tthat season to ***** about or pointing out reasons for it (note excuses and reasons are different).

think long and hard because youre being judged

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
  #133
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Oh look who showed up. briiiing. thats the devils thread alarm.

'your excuses for his one bad season...'

nevermind you only have one season to nitpick and it happens to be career lows for nearly the entire team. whats more retarded? pickin tthat season to ***** about or pointing out reasons for it (note excuses and reasons are different).

think long and hard because youre being judged

One bad season...you know the 43 pts he scored in "his one bad season" is almost exactly what his career average is, right?

And it just so happens that the season in question was Zajacs only one that didnt have that dynamic, give it 110% on every shift winger named Zach on his wing...you think that has any relevance smart guy

The one season he didn't have Zach but had a healthy Kovalchuk all season he was terrible offensively and while he is a really good 2-way center he is closer to the 45-50 pt guy offensively without Zach then he is to the 65 pt who who had Zach on his wing putting up 94pts.

But devil fans like yourself want to cite the ONE season Travis hit 65 pts and choose to try to get other fans to buy into that...again based on one season so who is being selective here?

I really cant wait to see the same 180 bashfest that will occur if he bolts which is likely the same as Zach because I've never seen a fanbase expose themselves like devil fans have this summeri n regards toZach
it has been nothing short of hysterical to watch you guys trying to convince everyone including yourselves what a terrible player zach is and it will be the same when zajac bolts


Last edited by JR#9*: 08-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.
JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:51 PM
  #134
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
Zajac is getting better as time goes on.

The only way I want him gone is if he wants to jump ship like Parise.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
  #135
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
One bad season...you know the 43 pts he scored in "his one bad season" is almost exactly what his career average is, right?

And it just so happens that the season in qu
eztion was Zajacs only one that didnt have that dynamic, give it 110% on every shift winger named Zach on his wing...you think that has any relevance smart guy

But devil fans like yourself want tocite the ONE season Travis hit 65 pts and choose to try to get other fans to buy into that...again based on one season so who is being selective here?

I really cant wait to see the same 180 bashfest that will occur if he bolts which is likely the same as Zach because I'venever seen a fanbase expose themselves like devil fans have this summerin regards toZach
it has been nothing short of hysterical to watch you guys trying to convince everyone including yourselves what a terrible player zach is and it will be the same when zajac bolts
Zajac has had two +60 pts seasons already and not "ONE season". Losing him to FA would hurt the Devils a lot. He's a 3 zone center, not loaded with talent but a complete player that might make clutch plays.

Without Zajac NJD has been inconstant with mixed results. The day he came back and brought depth at center, it was a different team going to the SCF.



Enjoy the trollfest with Parise by the way, it's off-topic already, nobody cares also. Thank you.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
  #136
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Zajac is getting better as time goes on.

The only way I want him gone is if he wants to jump ship like Parise.
no doubt about it..a really really good 2 way center with size...but Devil fans this summer have been trying to turn him and Henrique into the second coming of Gretz Mess down the middle in their attempts to convince everybody including themselves that the loss of Zach is no big deal.

as for him bolting I really can't see him sticking around unless the Devils get lucky and the UFA age gets raised...otherwise Zajac WILL be offered more money then what the devils will offer and as much as they like to think everybody wants to take hometown discounts to stick around why, if you were Zajac and had probrably 15-20 suitors after you, why would you go back to NJ when there are teams that are better positioned both now and in the future then what the Devils are?

Zajac is entering the prime of his career and see's 2 40yr old with no sure thing in net in the pipeline, a way closer to 40 then 30 Elias and Only Larsson and Henrique as for as higher end young guys/prospects.

Should be intersting watching Lou handle this if he doesn't sign by the deadline and is approaching UFA and see if he lets it go to July 1 like Zach.

Of course what spot they are in at the deadline and if they get the bankruptcy thing settled but he can't lose a guy Like Zajac for nothing following their star plaer Zach this summer because that would be like the whole losing both Weber/Suter that Nashville faced.

That would really hurt the franchise's ability to attract other UFAs just like it would've with Nashville because who wants to go to a team who's best players or either well north of 35 or leaving as UFA's every summer?

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:47 PM
  #137
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
skill

determined by points by JA#11 the ranger fan who spends more time discussing the Devils than his own team.

He also hit 60+ pts twice and 20 goals or more in both season and was voted into selke contention

If you can't understand what I'm trying to tell you it's your curse, not mine. i'm not gonna deal with it.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
  #138
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 37,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Incorrect. He has averaged 42.5 points. He had one season where he reached the totals you say. Unless of course you think Cheechoo is a 50 goal scorer because he did it one time. He also sees the 2nd easiest minutes on your team at the center position, so your coaching staff disagrees on the elite defense part.
Um what?

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:36 PM
  #139
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
oh, no. JA#11 is here everyone, with his stats and know-it-all attitude, best close up the thread, because his trash-the-devils ***** is harder then ever.

But, please keep making it like he's barely a #2 center

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:57 PM
  #140
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
The excuses made for his season 2 yrs ago by devil fans is just laughable when on the other hand telling us what a vital part he is to the team, its most important player accordibg to some.

Well if that is indeed the case then instead of saying everyone struggled that yr maybe Zajac and his disgusting 13 goals and 40pts in 82 games while getting tons of 1st line ice and PP should shoulderthe blame, you know being the teams most important player and all!

And dont try and hang it on johnny mac who only coached 30 of those 82 games

The amount of hype and expectations devil fans have placed on Zajac and Henrique to tryand compensate for the HUGEhole Zach left in the lineupwhen he decided he didnt want to be a devil anymore is comical.

God help devil fans if either dont meet thedevil fans lofty and unrealistic expectations guys like you have placed on tbem but I guess it will make the Zajac bashing a little morebelievable then the comical Parise bashing that was preceded by 6 yrs of telling us how he was the greatest thing sonce sliced bread!
What they are saying is that those 40 points was third on the team. Kovalchuk scored barely eclipsed 30 goals that season, Elias a usual .9ppg player had a mere 60 points. Last year, he came back early with an Achilles injury where even beat reporters said he was limping around the locker room. When he finally came back and was healthy, he was a key cog in the Devils run. He provided a solid, reliable two-way option on the second or first line.

When it comes down to it, Zajac is like many other Devils players. He is underrated and under appreciated by many, except to the Devils organization and the fans. In a city like Toronto or Vancouver, he'd be looked at like Ryan Kesler or some top center. Because he is in New Jersey, he is maligned by many.

No package that other teams put together for Zajac are going to seem valuable enough for Devils fans for that given reason. A reasonable package for Zajac would be something along the lines of Stalberg+offensive prospect+1st round pick. That's what he's worth, even if outsiders don't think so.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 09:59 PM
  #141
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
One bad season...you know the 43 pts he scored in "his one bad season" is almost exactly what his career average is, right?
Without even calculating, I am going to say you were foolish enough to include a 15 game season with six points into your calculations which totally skews them negatively. Nor did you take any consideration that the first two years he wasn't playing top six minutes, or at least, consistent top six minutes.

When I actually did calculate it, you did. His career average changes from a 48 points per season player to a 42.5. Just by you including a 15 game season into a yearly points per season argument, you just proved right there you are not worth time to reason or argue with.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 11:05 PM
  #142
DBU
Bars for Eons
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,157
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
You're right people should have just taken it for exactly what it is either A) a comment by someone trying to start a fight B) a comment by someone who's never watched a hockey game in their lives C) A completely biases opinion by someone without enough knowledge be be involved in an actual hockey conversation.

So which are you?
No flames fan in this thread has tried to start a fight. Devils fans got completely anal when ONE GUY said he didn't want to give up Irving. So not only do you not want to give up Zajac, which I get, but you then proceed to tell us why we SHOULD want him, even though we're fine without him, and we're fine keeping Irving, and you would rather keep Zajac anyways.

Real nice.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 11:48 PM
  #143
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,350
vCash: 500
I like how there are barely any counter offers ever on this forum. It's like Player A for B:
"NO WAY! B is xtimes better than A! You're Retarded"
"Nuh-uh, Player B sucks ass, and your team sucks"
"Nuh-uh-uh, your prospect pool sucks, and your team blows"
"Well, my prospects are better than yours <inserts bias opinion>"

Like seriously? First poster suggested a trade not everyone likes... either
A) Counter B) Decline without being an ass.

Good lord, the two most "who gives a ****, never gets any respect" teams in the league going at each other. Should be at least respectful at the fact both teams are better than anyone in the NHL ever gives them credit for.

In my opinion, the trade only doesn't work because of the two years given to Marty & Moose. Leland Irving is NHL ready, he's ready to get 20-30 games this year, easily and next year should be getting to the 40-50 area to solidifying himself as a starter. He is a stud in the AHL (he's been there for what seems forever), played very well in the NHL this year (Do not just look at his W/L and his GAA or even SV%, he was put into some miserable games last year, if you watched him play, he kept Calgary in games they had no business being a part of in his short tenure) and is under appreciated... once again, because of the logo on his chest (Hell, wasn't Henrique only going to top out as a second liner even according to HF? I think Jersey fans know a thing or two about undervaluing).

But as I mentioned before, for someone like Zajac I think Calgary would have to look into Tanguay as a center piece, or Glencross... but both are ridiculously valuable for the team. Dunno. Probably not the correct trade partners tbh.

One thing I don't get here, is the Wedgewood > Irving talk. The kid has been good, but he's been good in the OHL... That's like saying Brossoit >>>> All Goalie prospects because he ate up the WHL. One player is NHL ready, the other guy might never make any kind of transition to the pros even.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 08:31 AM
  #144
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
because we already have Wedgewood and don't need to give up assets for some "maybe".

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:42 AM
  #145
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Seriously? We are talking about Zajac here, he's had back to back brutal seasons. 2 years ago he put up 13 goals in a full 82 game season playing with elite talent. This year he put up 2 goals in 15 games for a pace of 11 on the season. He's not a #1 center.

I agree that is would take more than the junk the OP suggested, but Zajac is not at all untouchable at this point, especially as an impending UFA. Iggy for example put up 75 goals to Zajac's 15 over the same past two seasons. No one has done what Baertschi did in the WHL since Joe Sakic (2ppg). He also had more goals in 5 games than Zajac did in 15 and he was playing 12 minutes a night. Baertschi is an elite prospect, Zajac is an impending UFA who has barely been a 2nd line center the last 2 seasons.
I find it funny that in this and other posts, you are judging a two-way playmaking centre solely based on his goal totals. This is a guy who has consistently played with one or both of Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise, superstar wingers who like the puck on their sticks. Of course he's not shooting much. Watch him play to see how important he is to the Devils in all areas of the game, it's clear you don't because of how you slag him based on his goal scoring.

And bringing up Baertschi in comparison to an established NHL player is pure insanity. I know this is HF, but come on now.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:25 PM
  #146
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 39,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
oh look who showed up in the thread

find me one post where the Devils fans have tried to turn Zajac and Henrique into the next "Mess and Gretz". just one, thats all I ask.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
  #147
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
Personally I would say no to the deal and not because I don't think Zajac is good but Irving is the first goaltender since Kipper to look like he belongs in the nhl and I have high hopes for him. With Kipper already 36 we simply can't trade away our best goalie prospect who we have spent the time developing to get a centermen who I don't believe is the solution to our center problems long term.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 06:59 PM
  #148
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,225
vCash: 500
The original proposal was funny enough, then some Flames fans decide that they actually wouldn't do the trade because Irving is too important. It's gonna be fun watching Feaster deny a rebuild for another year.

As far as the Zajac better than Staal stuff, I find that a little overboard, but he's at least in the conversation.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:18 PM
  #149
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: T.A.
Country: Israel
Posts: 7,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
The excuses made for his season 2 yrs ago by devil fans is just laughable when on the other hand telling us what a vital part he is to the team, its most important player accordibg to some.

Well if that is indeed the case then instead of saying everyone struggled that yr maybe Zajac and his disgusting 13 goals and 40pts in 82 games while getting tons of 1st line ice and PP should shoulderthe blame, you know being the teams most important player and all!

And dont try and hang it on johnny mac who only coached 30 of those 82 games

The amount of hype and expectations devil fans have placed on Zajac and Henrique to tryand compensate for the HUGEhole Zach left in the lineupwhen he decided he didnt want to be a devil anymore is comical.

God help devil fans if either dont meet thedevil fans lofty and unrealistic expectations guys like you have placed on tbem but I guess it will make the Zajac bashing a little morebelievable then the comical Parise bashing that was preceded by 6 yrs of telling us how he was the greatest thing sonce sliced bread!
Do you even have a 'Type B' post? Not even sure you root for the Rags, so much as just take every opportunity to whine about the Devils.

'Your inferiority complex is showing'.

Jersey Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
  #150
Backlund
Registered User
 
Backlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,790
vCash: 1263
I don't want Zajac for the price we would have to pay.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.