Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Green

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 03:14 PM
SToMper!

vCash: 500
How do you like GREEN now? Clutch back-hand in the closing seconds. I like him !

Old
12-03-2003, 03:18 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SToMper!
How do you like GREEN now? Clutch back-hand in the closing seconds. I like him !
hey stomper, you beat me to it.

green is a clutch player, and let's face it, we aren't filled with clutch players on this team. that goal was a beautiful play for a so-called "no talent hack". also, watch him on faceoffs- he's very good. not only does he win them, but he directs his teammates where to go, and the puck winds up there. he works with a confident attitude, and isn't afraid to give someone a stick in the back of the legs to keep them honest. if this isn't a player you want on this team (especially in the playoffs), perhaps you should try golf.

by the way, great pass by zamuner to set up that goal.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:30 AM
prdbsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceyalone
What does anyone here really know about me.

The fact is that Green is a useless player being asked to play roles he is not suited for. Plus he takes stupid costly penalties to hurt the team (which at least Lapointe doesn't do).

Just wondering when Bruinz20 was the board appointed antagonist. He sure does a good job.

Old
12-04-2003, 02:50 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
hey stomper, you beat me to it.

green is a clutch player, and let's face it, we aren't filled with clutch players on this team. that goal was a beautiful play for a so-called "no talent hack". also, watch him on faceoffs- he's very good. not only does he win them, but he directs his teammates where to go, and the puck winds up there. he works with a confident attitude, and isn't afraid to give someone a stick in the back of the legs to keep them honest. if this isn't a player you want on this team (especially in the playoffs), perhaps you should try golf...
You're right. There's no reason to trade Green. I don't advocate trading Green, just playing him on the fourth line. Plus he'll be available to handle faceoffs or other special situations and when the playoffs [or a 'must win' game] come around and he puts on his Claude Lemieux game face, Green can get whatever ice time he earns.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:34 AM
sfbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceyalone
What does anyone here really know about me.
Is this a trick question?

Closed Thread