HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oscar Klefbom

Old
08-25-2012, 10:39 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Would easily snatch a first rounder at this point since he's done well since being drafted.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:41 PM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I'd rather Hamilton, Gormley, Smith, Hamilton over Klefbom. AINEC. Twice on Sundays. Rundblad is a toss-up. And Rielly wasn't a 4 game superstar, too bad you don't watch CHL games.
I don't think you do either.

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Nick Rash

Dorsett or Mason from Columbus?

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:51 PM
topchowda

Quote:
It's not because he is not Canadian. Do you see Chara/Malkin/Ovy underrated? No. Granlund either. Rielly had a very small chance, but still a chance, of contending for #1. Read back, and you see that. Leaf fans didn't want him because our biggest weakness was 1C, and there was a few of them top 5 contending. Your comment on 3rd of dmen, you have to love overrating.

First, Klefbom has been hyped since been drafted by many scouts

Second, Brodin is getting all the love but last year him and klefbom were on an even par.

Third and most arbitruary, Klefbom was voted to the first team all star team at the WJC proving he can raise he game when his team needs him.

Some past members on the first team all stars include: karlsson, subban, pietroangelo, carlson, hedmen, doughty, letang, ellis.

Pretty good company. But ya second rounder for sure...

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:53 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Dorsett or Mason from Columbus?
I'd rather the Oilers invest time and money into developing Klefbom and have him completely bust, than trade him for Mason.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:54 PM
SDig14

He was drafted 19th overall, and has done nothing but increase his value to our team, so any offer less than that seems a bit low.

I have no idea what the Oilers as a team would ASK for, but seems it would be high enough that no teams would want to pay it and we would keep him.

He's our best D prospect, and our defense is average at best even after adding Schultz, so seems unlikely he is ever getting dealt.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Hynh

Quote:
And Rielly wasn't a 4 game superstar, too bad you don't watch CHL games.
Rielly has exploding legs and plays against U-20 competition. Klefbom is 2 months from being a 2012 draftee. He made the Swedish Elite League at 17. When he plays against U-20 he dominates, hence the WJC all-star nod.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Nick Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
I'd rather the Oilers invest time and money into developing Klefbom and have him completely bust, than trade him for Mason.
What about Dorsett energy guy who will take on anyone.. good net presence young enough to grow with the core and fits a longterm need for the Oil. Klefbom could be a a second pairing D in Columbus with Erixon in a year or 2.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:10 PM
topchowda

Quote:
What about Dorsett energy guy who will take on anyone.. good net presence young enough to grow with the core and fits a longterm need for the Oil. Klefbom could be a a second pairing D in Columbus with Erixon in a year or 2.
Dorsett is a grinder, why in the bloody H would the oilers trade a promising 1/2nd pairing defenseman for a grinder. Jeezus.

I look at klefbom and pitlick for Johansen

Old
08-25-2012, 11:16 PM
franfrey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
I'm curious what Klefbom did (or did not do) that has caused his value in some eyes to fall from his original draft position.
This is what I'm thinking too. I wonder why no one's answered yet... Hmmmmmmm...

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:21 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGOilers View Post
This is what I'm thinking too. I wonder why no one's answered yet... Hmmmmmmm...
Because it's easier to just say he is worth a 2nd rounder and then leave the thread It's pretty funny, and a bit sad.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Nick Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Dorsett is a grinder, why in the bloody H would the oilers trade a promising 1/2nd pairing defenseman for a grinder. Jeezus.

I look at klefbom and pitlick for Johansen

Well I think you would have to add for Johansen.

Grinders effect games as well and he would produce some offence he had 12G in Columbus last year and has a solid two way game. Players like Dorsett are not easy to find he is a willing combatant and young with some skill.

perhaps adding a mid tier prospect with projected bottom pairing potential could even it out.

The Oil need him more than Klefbom.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:27 PM
topchowda

Quote:

Grinders effect games as well and he would produce some offence he had 12G in Columbus last year and has a solid two way game. Players like Dorsett are not easy to find he is a willing combatant and young with some skill.

perhaps adding a mid tier prospect with projected bottom pairing potential could even it out.

The Oil need him more than Klefbom.
some people eh so if I'm correct, and I understand you right, the oilers need a 20 pt fighter ( in which we have hordichuk, eager) over a high level 8.0 defense prospect?

Is that the point you just tried to make to the world?

Eager for erixon straight up then

Old
08-25-2012, 11:27 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:

The Oil need him more than Klefbom
The Oilers biggest need is top pairing defensemen, which aren't available through trade, and rarely through free agency these days. So why would they trade a potential one of a guy who will top out as Ryan Jones?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
high second rounder - to - maybe a low 1st rounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Klefbom is probably a top 20-25 prospect or close to and is just starting to develop, why would the Oilers deal him at all?
I'm sure that they would only deal him in a package for an established top pairing defenseman otherwise, there's no point in dealing him.
somehow moving up his SEL team's depth chart and being named top-2 Dman at the WJC has moved his value down...

He is at minimum worth a #15OV (in general without looking at a specific draft).

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
First, Klefbom has been hyped since been drafted by many scouts

Second, Brodin is getting all the love but last year him and klefbom were on an even par.

Third and most arbitruary, Klefbom was voted to the first team all star team at the WJC proving he can raise he game when his team needs him.

Some past members on the first team all stars include: karlsson, subban, pietroangelo, carlson, hedmen, doughty, letang, ellis.

Pretty good company. But ya second rounder for sure...
Some no-name company also; Pascal Leclaire, Sami Lepisto, Mathieu Biron, Viktor Tikhonov, Alexei Cherepanov, Lauri Tukonen. For every success there will be 2 fails.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Koto

Quote:
Some no-name company also; Pascal Leclaire, Sami Lepisto, Mathieu Biron, Viktor Tikhonov, Alexei Cherepanov, Lauri Tukonen. For every success there will be 2 fails.
thats fine...but how did he lose value since being drafted as some in here would suggest?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The Oilers biggest need is top pairing defensemen, which aren't available through trade, and rarely through free agency these days. So why would they trade a potential one of a guy who will top out as Ryan Jones?
You think that RyJo will top out as Jones? Boy, he is way past that already.

EDIT: nvm if you were talking about Dorsett.

Last edited by Leafs For Life*: 08-25-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old
08-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
thats fine...but how did he lose value since being drafted as some in here would suggest?
He hasn't. Just that people are saying that he is worth impact players/estabilished top pair dmen.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:36 PM
topchowda

Quote:
I was going with all star defense from recent tournments, but I guess if I wanted to create a weak argument Id choose forwards from 2006 and goalies from 2002 or something like that as well

Old
08-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Don't bring goalies or forwards into this. The WJC is a short tournament. It's easy for a foward or goalie to have a hot streak that makes them seem elite. That happens far less often with defence. Here are the Defence all stars since 2005 sorted by age.

Hedman 6218 days
Doughty 6593 days
Klefbom 6734 days
Karlsson 6784 days
E. Johnson 6855 days
Bourdon 6888 days
J. Johnson 6922 days
Orlov 7086 days
Subban 7137 days
Letang 7155 days
Phaneuf 7169 days
Gormley 7220 days
Suter 7248 days
Pietrangelo 7251 days
Carlson 7259 days
Ellis 7266 days

Pretty strong list.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:38 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:

No he's not. Brodin is criminally underrated on this board, even more so than Klefblom. Really? Top 20-25 prospect? Klefblom is becoming extremely overrated on this board.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:38 PM
topchowda

Quote:
You think that RyJo will top out as Jones? Boy, he is way past that already.
He was talking about dorsett.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:39 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Klefbom ended up last season playing on the top pair with Jonas Brodin with his SEL team and some say he is better than Jonas Brodin. Since last years WJC he has made leaps and bounds in development and you can not judge him by his stats. He has top pair potential, not top 4 potential, and some scouts say he was the steal of the draft that year. If anything his value has increase from the day he was drafted. This kid is playing top pair on a good SEL team against men and to say he's worth less than a mid 1st+ don't have a clue what they're talking about.

It would be safe to say that Klefbom is untouchable right now.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:40 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
No he's not. Brodin is criminally underrated on this board, even more so than Klefblom. Really? Top 20-25 prospect? Klefblom is becoming extremely overrated on this board.

Hes ranked 21 by hockeys future soooo ignore that one?