HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Season Tickets Thread

Old
08-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I made that mistake last strike year. Although I got a full refund, watching the dates of my tix pass & die with the strike was too damn depressing...

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:01 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Waiting 'til the lobbies open on Saturday.

kassian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:10 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I would never buy tickets now.
If the lockout lasts till March and upon the return the Fans DON'T come back and the average attendance is 3000-4000 the tickets will go for $10 but you would have paid???????????? WHAT???????????
\
Average attendance 3-4000? Are you on crack? This has got to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Geez $100 of service fees per ticket? This is absolutely brutal. RDS here comes my subscription!
I don't know where the $100/ticket service fees came from but it's definitely incorrect. As far as I know its about $8-10 in service fees + $5 for e-tickets or $7 for hard copy. Single game tickets will be announced within a week or so.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Average attendance 3-4000? Are you on crack? This has got to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

I don't know where the $100/ticket service fees came from but it's definitely incorrect. As far as I know its about $8-10 in service fees + $5 for e-tickets or $7 for hard copy. Single game tickets will be announced within a week or so.
If you get a 10 game pack, it's an extra $100, though. ($10 per ticket).

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
If you get a 10 game pack, it's an extra $100, though. ($10 per ticket).
That's just insane!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Bill McNeal

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking the Habs won't be selling out every game this year unless there's a partial lockout.

I felt this way before, but now logging into the Habs website and seeing that 3 of the 4 10 game packs are still available after tickets went on sale this morning kinda just confirms it for me.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking the Habs won't be selling out every game this year unless there's a partial lockout.

I felt this way before, but now logging into the Habs website and seeing that 3 of the 4 10 game packs are still available after tickets went on sale this morning kinda just confirms it for me.
Well it is a presale, I'd like to buy but unfortunately only have a Visa, so we'll see Saturday morning what it's like.

People maybe less likely to commit 2+ grand upfront in the face of a lockout.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It's been 3 years I haven't purchased a ticket, way too expensive. I either get invited from a client, or watch at home. Way too high prices are ridiculous
Same for me. Used to buy 10 game packages from 2005 to 2009, but it was just getting too pricey. Nowadays, I attend 2-3 games per year because people around me invite me/give me their ticket.

I was thinking about buying tickets again this year, but upon seeing the prices for 10-game packages, I just don't feel 10 games in the blues or greys (let's not even get into Desjardins or red seats) are worth that much, no matter how much I love the Canadiens.

Gonna save up for a TV or sound system instead and make my TV experience better .

Also, I'm 100% certain the Bell will be sold out every game. Where Molson might see a drop in revenues is merchandise sell IMO. Especially jerseys.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:58 PM
BLONG7

Went to the teams website to look at the price of the tickets, and they have gone up, but how about those optimum games...insane prices...WTF are they thinking, talk about supply vs demand...wow...

Brutal pricing strategy coming from the 15th place team, we are getting as bad as the Leafs organization...awful...put the prices up, just because they can...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Buyed the pack 4.

The season will started around Christmas, that 5 january game against the Leafs will be worth 5 times his actual value. + all the games before that. The rest of the year will be paid just by selling this one.

Kidding. But only a little...
---------

Seriously, 555$ + the charges for a ticket in the Blue for 10 games???????? It was possible to go in that section for less than 30$ not that long ago...

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Same for me. Used to buy 10 game packages from 2005 to 2009, but it was just getting too pricey. Nowadays, I attend 2-3 games per year because people around me invite me/give me their ticket.

I was thinking about buying tickets again this year, but upon seeing the prices for 10-game packages, I just don't feel 10 games in the blues or greys (let's not even get into Desjardins or red seats) are worth that much, no matter how much I love the Canadiens.

Gonna save up for a TV or sound system instead and make my TV experience better .

Also, I'm 100% certain the Bell will be sold out every game. Where Molson might see a drop in revenues is merchandise sell IMO. Especially jerseys.
That's what I did, purchased my big flat screen for my basement and enjoy every game. Also I pay a vacation with my family in the summer with the cash I use to spend on tickets.

As for the jerseys, he has been losing money for years since the fake jerseys are around and much cheaper

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:33 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
Buyed the pack 4.

The season will started around Christmas, that 5 january game against the Leafs will be worth 5 times his actual value. + all the games before that. The rest of the year will be paid just by selling this one.

Kidding. But only a little...
---------

Seriously, 555$ + the charges for a ticket in the Blue for 10 games???????? It was possible to go in that section for less than 30$ not that long ago...
The service charge for that 10 pack is $100 extra...

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:45 PM
coolasprICE

IMO,

60 inch plasma / audio set-up >>> Sitting upper level

If I'm not sittings in the Reds, no point going... So I'll dish out a few times a year for reds or get some freebies before I invest in blues/greys and whites

I also rather 2 games with sick red tickets than 8 games in blues

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
IMO,

If I'm not sittings in the Reds, no point going... So I'll dish out a few times a year for reds or get some freebies before I invest in blues/greys and whites

wut

the upper levels are awesome. The atmosphere is amazing.

I'd give my left nut to be in Montreal and be able to see 3 or 4 games a year, lucky ********.

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
IMO,

I disagree. While I love watching games on TV (can't wait to have a better one though), there's just nothing like the atmosphere of our crowd... when the crowd's "in it", of course. Chanting, screaming, booing... man it's a rush.

I have very, very good memories at the Bell.

But still... it's a huge luxury at this point.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 02:51 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
a ticket last time I checked in the desjardins section is 170$ a piece to 230$, it's either the second most expensive ticket in the arena or at par with the red section. All food is free and you are right under the top section and over the bottom section. I love it because you don't have to pay 5$ for a hot-dog and the only thing that isn't free is beer.
damn!

i figured desjardins = poor as ****.

free food is great, but free beer is better

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:21 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
damn!

i figured desjardins = poor as ****.

free food is great, but free beer is better
Pretty sure the beer ins't free in Desjardins section, lol

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:22 AM
juve

I've been to 3 to 4 games for the past 3 years. I'm considering not even buying tickets this year with hike in price.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Does anybody know when single game tickets go on sale and about how much I would expect to pay for a cheap seat? Some teammates and I are going to try to visit in February vs the Pens.

Thanks!

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:35 PM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Does anybody know when single game tickets go on sale and about how much I would expect to pay for a cheap seat? Some teammates and I are going to try to visit in February vs the Pens.

Thanks!
Don't bother.....

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post

Thanks!
Not sure when they go on sale but here you have the price list, use the Optimum price list since the Penguins game in February is an Optimum game

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56633

Old
08-24-2012, 05:13 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Pretty sure the beer ins't free in Desjardins section, lol
yeah i know.

Quote:
[...] the only thing that isn't free is beer.
^ this part clued me in

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Lshap

I'm currently sitting in a beautiful resort on the Mayan Riviera with my family, but here I am on my laptop, thinking, "Crap! I missed the ticket sale!"

I'm admitting to this pathetic set of priorities in the hope that one of you ticket-holders will let me know when you can't go to a game and want to re-sell the seats. We had a ticket re-sale thread on this board last season -- a brilliant win-win arrangement -- so pencil me in this year as a buyer.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Clumsyhab

10 games partial plans still available for sale as I'm writing right now. For the last 7-8 years, those got sold out in 4-5 hours and people were whining about not getting tickets. Not that surprising because of the chance of a lock out and the ridiculous prices. I think that the Bell Centre might not sell out for all the games this season.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
10 games partial plans still available for sale as I'm writing right now. For the last 7-8 years, those got sold out in 4-5 hours and people were whining about not getting tickets. Not that surprising because of the chance of a lock out and the ridiculous prices. I think that the Bell Centre might not sell out for all the games this season.
The Bell Centre was far from being sold out after our horrible seasons in the late 90's, I wouldn't be surprised if companies and people gave up their tickets for this up coming season. It has become too expensive, sucks but at the end of the year I would rather vacation + other things then assist 10 5-10 live hockey games