HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oscar Klefbom

Old
08-25-2012, 11:40 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I was going with all star defense from recent tournments, but I guess if I wanted to create a weak argument Id choose forwards from 2006 and goalies from 2002 or something like that as well
Don't forget Alexei freakin Cherepanov.

smackdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Why didn't he and Luc Bourdon turn out? If only there was some sort of life changing reason they didn't become NHLers...

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
He was talking about dorsett.
Ya, I put an edit saying 'nvm if you were talking about Dorsett'

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:46 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Hes ranked 21 by hockeys future soooo ignore that one?
Edmonton prospects are always ranked higher than they should be? JDD over Harding? How did that one work out in the end.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:47 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Klefbom ended up last season playing on the top pair with Jonas Brodin with his SEL team and some say he is better than Jonas Brodin. Since last years WJC he has made leaps and bounds in development and you can not judge him by his stats. He has top pair potential, not top 4 potential, and some scouts say he was the steal of the draft that year. If anything his value has increase from the day he was drafted. This kid is playing top pair on a good SEL team against men and to say he's worth less than a mid 1st+ don't have a clue what they're talking about.

It would be safe to say that Klefbom is untouchable right now.
by "some" you mean that same friggin swedish oil fan that keeps getting quoted and misinterpreted as their coach's comments. That said Klefbom hasn't dropped in value and and I'd think he'd actually go ~12-17 depending on who was drafting. I'd love to have him on the Wild. I don't think either the Wild or the Oilers would part with their young swede D for mere picks though--both teams need that high-end young guy in their stable too badly.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
Why didn't he and Luc Bourdon turn out? If only there was some sort of life changing reason they didn't become NHLers...
K, sorry. I was saying that just because they go on that line, doesn't mean they are guaranteed All-Stars.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:50 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Edmonton prospects are always ranked higher than they should be? JDD over Harding? How did that one work out in the end.
I forgot Tambo funds that web site and every that ranks the prospects

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
by "some" you mean that same friggin swedish oil fan that keeps getting quoted and misinterpreted as their coach's comments. That said Klefbom hasn't dropped in value and and I'd think he'd actually go ~12-17 depending on who was drafting. I'd love to have him on the Wild. I don't think either the Wild or the Oilers would part with their young swede D for mere picks though--both teams need that high-end young guy in their stable too badly.
Exactly right. I think Klefbom has more potential but Brodin has shown more right now.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Goalies gonna goal. Rask for Raycroft? Pogge? You don't trust a goalie until he gives you 3 good NHL seasons.

Old
08-26-2012, 12:05 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
I forgot Tambo funds that web site and every that ranks the prospects
It's a Canadian biased board. It is.

Two things you learn on HF; Canadian prospects > other team prospects (and that also includes Canadian player prospects). And the what have you done for me lately mentality.

Quote:
Goalies gonna goal. Rask for Raycroft? Pogge? You don't trust a goalie until he gives you 3 good NHL seasons.
Yeah. And how is JDD doing?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:13 AM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
He's getting paid +600k to play goal or watch hockey from the best seat in the house

He's doing pretty well all things considered.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Hynh

Quote:
He's been flushed. Is that supposed to mean something? People constantly overvalue goaltender prospects. Look at Bernier. People want real players for a nobody.

Old
08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Nick Rash

Quote:
some people eh so if I'm correct, and I understand you right, the oilers need a 20 pt fighter ( in which we have hordichuk, eager) over a high level 8.0 defense prospect?

Is that the point you just tried to make to the world?

Eager for erixon straight up then
hordichuk 20G career? he cant fight anymore

I love this move or one similar for the Oil ...Dorsett in a season or two will be in high demand and IS a rare commodity for what he brings. Honestly taking emotion out of it where would dorsett fit in the lineup for you guys and what would be your expectations.

Comparing him to Jones is unfair as well there games couldent be more different.

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:25 AM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
high second rounder - to - maybe a low 1st rounder
Ummmm....... 4 of 5 scouts asked said he was better than Murray or that they would rather have him for the future (can't remember)

4EDM14OIL93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post

I love this move or one similar for the Oil ...Dorsett in a season or two will be in high demand and IS a rare commodity for what he brings. Honestly taking emotion out of it where would dorsett fit in the lineup for you guys and what would be your expectations.

Comparing him to Jones is unfair as well there games couldent be more different.
Bottom 6.

Yak-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Horcoff-XXX
XXX-Belanger-XXX

Old
08-26-2012, 12:29 AM
topchowda

Quote:

Dorsett got 12 goals once and 4 the seasons before.

Dorsett would be on the 3rd/4th line and fighters are getting less valuable every year ( plus we got eager). To trade for dorsett well give you tuebert + 5th

Old
08-26-2012, 12:34 AM
SDig14

Let's wait and see what he looks like in the NHL before we set a trade value for him.

If all goes well, he has a good year in the SEL and comes to NA next year and shows what he can do on a bigger scale.

I hope he is ready for the NHL after another year in Sweden, but if he needs to play a full year in OKC to be ready then we will have to wait for him, no point rushing him at this point.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:37 AM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Wow good job! You can find one example from over half a decade ago, that really strengthens your argument.

4EDM14OIL93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Nick Rash

Quote:
Dorsett got 12 goals once and 4 the seasons before.

Dorsett would be on the 3rd/4th line and fighters are getting less valuable every year ( plus we got eager). To trade for dorsett well give you tuebert + 5th

first im not a Columbus fan Oil actually Dorsett could play 3-4th line EVERY night... eager and hordichuk will be in and out of the lineup and would satisfy a long term need moving forward no need to go through free agency every 2 years u think head down Hall or the other guys want a crisp outlet pass regularly from klefblom or someone to tilt the ice when they take a big hit eager and hordichuk cant prevent that from the press box and Dorsett is improving thats what you want from young players he played in columbus a set place in EDM he could be a 15-15 250PIM guy year in year out right up till contention where as the other Oil D prospects will have made the lineup.

Old
08-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
July 1 he'll fetch a 2nd rounder.
Why July 1?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Hynh

Quote:
first im not a Columbus fan Oil actually Dorsett could play 3-4th line EVERY night... eager and hordichuk will be in and out of the lineup and would satisfy a long term need moving forward no need to go through free agency every 2 years u think head down Hall or the other guys want a crisp outlet pass regularly from klefblom or someone to tilt the ice when they take a big hit eager and hordichuk cant prevent that from the press box and Dorsett is improving thats what you want from young players he played in columbus a set place in EDM he could be a 15-15 250PIM guy year in year out right up till contention where as the other Oil D prospects will have made the lineup.
I'd rather not have thugs wasting space on the roster and taking "tough" penalties that cost us goals against.

Old
08-26-2012, 12:53 AM
topchowda

Quote:
Well.. we just traded away our best d prospect in your scenrio. Im sure hall would rather look back and see a stud defense helping us get to the playoffs with a bullet of a shot then shake his head and look at bench or press box and see a crazed hockey fighter.

And somehow Dorsett would crash into Hall evaporating every bone in his ankle

Old
08-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Koto

Quote:
Don't bring goalies or forwards into this. The WJC is a short tournament. It's easy for a foward or goalie to have a hot streak that makes them seem elite. That happens far less often with defence. Here are the Defence all stars since 2005 sorted by age.

Hedman 6218 days
Doughty 6593 days
Klefbom 6734 days
Karlsson 6784 days
E. Johnson 6855 days
Bourdon 6888 days
J. Johnson 6922 days
Orlov 7086 days
Subban 7137 days
Letang 7155 days
Phaneuf 7169 days
Gormley 7220 days
Suter 7248 days
Pietrangelo 7251 days
Carlson 7259 days
Ellis 7266 days

Pretty strong list.

that is a stacked list...doesn't look like there are any exclusions either.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:55 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
What has Josh Harding done that's so special?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Nick Rash

Quote:
I'd rather not have thugs wasting space on the roster and taking "tough" penalties that cost us goals against.

So McSorley Semenko Mclleland (sp) etc.. never had places on other successful Oiler teams lol

Besides the fact he is a talented hockey player and not a crazed goon id like you to tell me 10 other players in his group obviously you wont give it a fair assessment because your emotions will get the better of your judgement he isent nor will be Lucic but there are you few players that equate to him and what he brings ...in regards to tough penalities with the new style the current coach expects to implement there will be more open ice hits to the kids and with peckham eager hordichuk not guaranteed to be in the lineup each night there is room for disaster. By December is my guess one will be the victim of a hard hit which no-one on the ice will be able to police...Klefblom is a great prospect no doubt but Edm can draft another d stud in the next three drafts where they will have a good pick Dorsett can be in there NOW policing the kids and chipping in some offence and energy to tilt some close games. They have assets they can move in a season or two or contracts coming off for Free Agency they can use that time to build thier back end...but right now there is no protection for the kids and the rest of the league will take advantage of that.