HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oscar Klefbom

Old
08-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
First, Klefbom has been hyped since been drafted by many scouts

Second, Brodin is getting all the love but last year him and klefbom were on an even par.

Third and most arbitruary, Klefbom was voted to the first team all star team at the WJC proving he can raise he game when his team needs him.

Some past members on the first team all stars include: karlsson, subban, pietroangelo, carlson, hedmen, doughty, letang, ellis.

Pretty good company. But ya second rounder for sure...
No ****ing doubt this thread is assinine. He's been called in Sweden as the next big thing in swedish hockey was an allstar on the WJC championship, but yeah apparently his value is less than when he was drafted. Klefbom is considered to have 1st pairing upside, and it's not considered a reach either. There was many scouts saying the Oilers shouldn't draft Murray because they already have Klefbom who they feel is better.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
What about Dorsett energy guy who will take on anyone.. good net presence young enough to grow with the core and fits a longterm need for the Oil. Klefbom could be a a second pairing D in Columbus with Erixon in a year or 2.
I really like Dorsett but that is a huge lowball offer. How about Jones for Erixson? Same thing bud, maybe even a better offer from the Oilers end. You seem genuine enough but trust me this is a terrible proposal.

Old
08-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
some people eh so if I'm correct, and I understand you right, the oilers need a 20 pt fighter ( in which we have hordichuk, eager) over a high level 8.0 defense prospect?

Is that the point you just tried to make to the world?

Eager for erixon straight up then
Well he does have a bit of a point as terrible as the offer is Dorsett is a much better player than Eager. Dorsett is a quality checker, he's not just an enforcer.

Old
08-26-2012, 02:00 AM
Hynh

Quote:
So McSorley Semenko Mclleland (sp) etc.. never had places on other successful Oiler teams lol
The game has changed since then. You can't send out an enforcer to start a fight so you have 4x4 hockey to dominate.

Quote:
Besides the fact he is a talented hockey player and not a crazed goon id like you to tell me 10 other players in his group obviously you wont give it a fair assessment because your emotions will get the better of your judgement he isent nor will be Lucic but there are you few players that equate to him and what he brings
He is a skilled hockey player. How else could he make the AHL, let alone the NHL? I don't think that the Oilers need him on their team.

Quote:
...in regards to tough penalities with the new style the current coach expects to implement there will be more open ice hits to the kids and with peckham eager hordichuk not guaranteed to be in the lineup each night there is room for disaster. By December is my guess one will be the victim of a hard hit which no-one on the ice will be able to police...
Police? Enforcers do NOTHING. Proof. More proof. If an asshat like Raffi Torres wants to take Hall's head off, he will. Getting punched 100 times a year is worth the millions of dollars he makes.

Quote:
Klefblom is a great prospect no doubt but Edm can draft another d stud in the next three drafts where they will have a good pick
Those players will take 1-2 years to be ready. You are delaying the time that the team becomes competitive simply due to an outdated though process.

Quote:
Dorsett can be in there NOW policing the kids and chipping in some offence and energy to tilt some close games.
Energy? The only energy that the bottom 6 provides is the energy that comes from resting your top 6. Do you honestly think that Dorsett provides more energy to the team than a player like Taylor Hall or Nail Yakupov?

Quote:
They have assets they can move in a season or two or contracts coming off for Free Agency they can use that time to build thier back end...but right now there is no protection for the kids and the rest of the league will take advantage of that.
The Oilers already moved an asset to build their blueline. They traded Dustin Penner for Tuebert and the pick that became Klefbom.

I understand that you like Dorsett. If the Oilers had drafted him in the 7th round I'd be ecstatic. The odds of a seventh round pick playing 250 games in the NHL are tiny. However, you don't move top 6/top 4 pieces for bottom 6/bottom pairing pieces. Ever.

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:08 AM
Nick Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I really like Dorsett but that is a huge lowball offer. How about Jones for Erixson? Same thing bud, maybe even a better offer from the Oilers end. You seem genuine enough but trust me this is a terrible proposal.
I never said he was an enforcer but playing on Columbus he made more happen every shift more than anyone on the roster he may have not generate much offence doing this but this is on a team going nowhere, he brought it every shift he fought all the BIG guys even though it was Columbus and would have little effect on the outcome he defended himself and his team on a team like the Oilers that type of energy and leadership is needed and would be needed as well as instantly being a fan favorite and selling jerseys etc...he would grow with the core and have a spot in the bottom 6 that would not need to be looked at improving in the next decade. Its not a whos better proposal but addressing a need that few players in the league can bring for his age and price and abilty he is a championship piece a player built for playoff hockey.

so what would be needed to add from the Jackets '"be realistic"

or what pieces could EDM offer-- Dorsett is not a goon or a throw in he is a rare commodity who is young cheap and does the things few will every shift every game.

Columbus is rebuilding so Tubert and a fifth just doesent cut it

maybe klefbom-khabby for dorsett-mason Jackets get a mentor for bob and the oilers get the grit toughness and a platoon goalie to challenge dubnyk Klefbom is an expensive move but it improves the Oilers dramatically Now and going forward .

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Nick Rash

Energy? The only energy that the bottom 6 provides is the energy that comes from resting your top 6. Do you honestly think that Dorsett provides more energy to the team than a player like Taylor Hall or Nail Yakupov?

HAHA is this Real life?

Old
08-26-2012, 03:32 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
What has Josh Harding done that's so special?
Other than hold down a backup position for the Wild and has a long term career in the NHL? Nothing...I guess JDD is doing much better as a scrub somewhere in the AHL/ECHL somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Wow good job! You can find one example from over half a decade ago, that really strengthens your argument.
31. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson

39. Ryan McDonagh

43. Max Pacioretty

47. Jordan Eberle

50. Jamie Benn

Is another example.

I never take stock in the prospect rankings here on HF and I don't see Klefblom being a top 25 prospect. More like a top 50, sure? But 25?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:54 AM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
EDM Biggest weaknesses according to elite prospect. is RW depth.
Eberle
Yakupov
Hemsky
Jones
Petrell

Seems fine to me? Especially the top 3.

4EDM14OIL93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:56 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
How on earth has Klefbom lowered his value this past year?

Just wondering..

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:56 AM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Other than hold down a backup position for the Wild and has a long term career in the NHL? Nothing...I guess JDD is doing much better as a scrub somewhere in the AHL/ECHL somewhere.

31. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson

39. Ryan McDonagh

43. Max Pacioretty

47. Jordan Eberle

50. Jamie Benn

Is another example.

I never take stock in the prospect rankings here on HF and I don't see Klefblom being a top 25 prospect. More like a top 50, sure? But 25?
Well he didn't make the WJC Allstar team for nothing.. And a top 3 player on the gold medal winning Swedish team. For all we know he could have been ranked #1.

4EDM14OIL93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Shaman464
#FireHolland

Red Wings offer Tatar+2nd. Kelfbom is a good prospect at this stage of his development but, until he plays in NA against bigger, stronger NA players his value is still a bit of a question mark. Tatar is a top 6 winger, hes shown he can play well in NA, and is NHL ready.

Shaman464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:23 AM
Nick Rash

Quote:
Eberle
Yakupov
Hemsky
Jones
Petrell

Seems fine to me? Especially the top 3.
the site could possible be dated before the draft and i Brain Farted when did Hemsky sign and I dont think they had taken Yakopov yet also a natural LW

Eberle
Hemsky
Petrell/Jones
?
Dorsett on the 4th or 3rd

Old
08-26-2012, 06:48 AM
supert

Quote:
Ummmm....... 4 of 5 scouts asked said he was better than Murray or that they would rather have him for the future (can't remember)
I think the 4 out of 5 scouts said they would have him rated higher then Murray if he was in this draft

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 07:14 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
The game has changed since then. You can't send out an enforcer to start a fight so you have 4x4 hockey to dominate.

He is a skilled hockey player. How else could he make the AHL, let alone the NHL? I don't think that the Oilers need him on their team.

Police? Enforcers do NOTHING. Proof. More proof. If an asshat like Raffi Torres wants to take Hall's head off, he will. Getting punched 100 times a year is worth the millions of dollars he makes.

Those players will take 1-2 years to be ready. You are delaying the time that the team becomes competitive simply due to an outdated though process.

The Oilers already moved an asset to build their blueline. They traded Dustin Penner for Tuebert and the pick that became Klefbom.

I understand that you like Dorsett. If the Oilers had drafted him in the 7th round I'd be ecstatic. The odds of a seventh round pick playing 250 games in the NHL are tiny. However, you don't move top 6/top 4 pieces for bottom 6/bottom pairing pieces. Ever.
I am an Oiler fan . I get tired of hearing people mention draft position . A 7th rd can turn out just fine and a first rd can bust . I do not care where Klefbom was drafted he is coming along well and will be here in a year or 2 then we will know what we have . Until then i would not trade him unless it is for a young NHL proven D man with first pairing upside , and there is not a team that would do that

Dorsett would be a great fit for the Oilers . However it is easier to build our 3 and 4 lines once we are ready to contend . Which will be in 2 or 3 years . At the time we will lose Horcoff contract and will be good enough to get free agents to sign here .

Just a question to think about . How many of the NHL best D men were drafted in the First rd ?

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:40 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
hordichuk 20G career? he cant fight anymore

I love this move or one similar for the Oil ...Dorsett in a season or two will be in high demand and IS a rare commodity for what he brings. Honestly taking emotion out of it where would dorsett fit in the lineup for you guys and what would be your expectations.

Comparing him to Jones is unfair as well there games couldent be more different.
You're right. Jones is better than Dorsett at everything other than fighting. I do like Dorsett, and think he is improving, but he will be lucky if he becomes more than a 4th liner, and will never be more than a 3rd liner on a decent team. To answer your question, Derek Dorsett would be a 4th liner on Edmonton, taking the place of Lennart Petrell. And I wouldn't move Klefbom to upgrade our 4th line energy players.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:42 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman464 View Post
Red Wings offer Tatar+2nd. Kelfbom is a good prospect at this stage of his development but, until he plays in NA against bigger, stronger NA players his value is still a bit of a question mark. Tatar is a top 6 winger, hes shown he can play well in NA, and is NHL ready.
Value wise its probably not too far off (might be a bit low), but the Oilers have zero need for more wingers.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:54 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
high second rounder - to - maybe a low 1st rounder
his stock has gone up not down. Not sure where you getting this info from. Most talking heads said if he was in this draft he would have gone top 15 if not higher

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 11:50 AM
topchowda

ask a wings fan what Smiths value is. Or ask a wild fan what Dumbas/Brodins value is, or ask a leafs fan what Riellys value is.

All will turn out messy

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:14 PM
DisgruntledGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
How on earth has Klefbom lowered his value this past year?

Just wondering..
Put on an Oilers jersey.

Its a strange afflicition, but it seems to be going around. Schultz and Yakupov also saw their HFBoard value plummet after becoming Oilers.

Its weird... Hope someone finds a cure soon... Somebody should run some tests on Morgan Reilly, he seems to carry the antidote: went from fourth or fifth best D-man in the draft to BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE/HALL OF FAMER after slipping on that Leaf jersey.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:38 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
Put on an Oilers jersey.

Its a strange afflicition, but it seems to be going around. Schultz and Yakupov also saw their HFBoard value plummet after becoming Oilers.

Its weird... Hope someone finds a cure soon... Somebody should run some tests on Morgan Reilly, he seems to carry the antidote: went from fourth or fifth best D-man in the draft to BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE/HALL OF FAMER after slipping on that Leaf jersey.
You know the old saying "Most Leaf fans know everything about the Leafs, but nothing about hockey"

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

The bottom line is that unless we are trading for an established player that is what Klefbom could be it makes no sense. As for him being worth a low 1st, 2nd, or even a 3rd rounder, yes that is exactly how things work. Every prospect that is drafted and improves their play still has their value drop. Reilly is worth a mid-low 1st rounder assuming that he improves his game this year, Brodin is worth a late 1st rounder, etc. When a player shows that he is closer to reaching his upside their value increases, not decreases.

08-26-2012, 01:48 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
The bottom line is that unless we are trading for an established player that is what Klefbom could be it makes no sense. As for him being worth a low 1st, 2nd, or even a 3rd rounder, yes that is exactly how things work. Every prospect that is drafted and improves their play still has their value drop. Reilly is worth a mid-low 1st rounder assuming that he improves his game this year, Brodin is worth a late 1st rounder, etc. When a player shows that he is closer to reaching his upside their value increases, not decreases.
I think a lot of the people posting in this thread assume Klefbom was drafted in the second round.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:01 PM
AE

To all the Bob McKenzies out there:
Sometimes the letter F is really a V in Swedish.
One of those times is Klefbom, it's pronounced Klevbom and not Klefbom.

AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE View Post
To all the Bob McKenzies out there:
Sometimes the letter F is really a V in Swedish.
One of those times is Klefbom, it's pronounced Klevbom and not Klefbom.
Interesting. Who says you cant learn anything from HF

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
BBO, you as usual talk sense. Unfortunately I do not see the benefits of responding to some of the proposals in this thread. You simply can't fix stupid....

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote