HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Everybody's talking about a two month lockout," says Cherry.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:12 PM
SerenityRick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudos1 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-col...0694--nhl.html

They met less than two hours, the money terms are way apart sounds bad..
god ****ing damn it.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 08:24 AM
don

This is a killer for me. I don't follow baseball because it moves to slow, I don't follow football fr the same reason (5 seconds of action and 30 seconds of guys patting each other on the butt), nor basketball because the pros make it look to easy. I will watch soccer but I'm not into the pro-soccer scene. Hockey is the only sport I'm really into.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 09:47 AM
spokedB

Let's assume Cherry is correct

and the inevitable lockout is only 2 months. Might I suggest a fan strike. What would the Lords do if no one showed up or bought sweaters or drank overpriced beer and they had a bunch of players who still needed to paid.

But, that won't happen because everyone will be just like me - overjoyed to see hockey again.

spokedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

Interesting how both sides are hung up on revenues.....how the heck is a lockout going to improve that? Is it just me or does that make no sense???

3 lockouts since '94? Terrible. The NHL and NHLPA should be ashamed. That's not a way to win fans back. Just ask us! I think it would be fitting for the fans to stage their own lockout once the season starts. Can you imagine that....an arena with no fans during a game? Cue the crickets.

I'm looking forward to NCAA hockey in October. I became a college hockey fan in '04 because of that lockout, and I'm hooked. Go Gophers!

Lauri from Tacoma

Lam7825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:22 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
This is a killer for me. I don't follow baseball because it moves to slow, I don't follow football fr the same reason (5 seconds of action and 30 seconds of guys patting each other on the butt), nor basketball because the pros make it look to easy. I will watch soccer but I'm not into the pro-soccer scene. Hockey is the only sport I'm really into.
Baseball and football are too slow for you but soccer isn't?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post

My thoughts exactly.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:49 PM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Seriously, how can the owners and league be this ****ing stupid again?

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Seriously, how can the owners and league be this ****ing stupid again?
Hard to fathom.

20 or so teams are doing better than they ever have. Head to head with local NBA franchises the Wild, Capitals, Flyers, Sharks, BRUINS, Red Wings are crushing them. Canadian teams are more profitable than ever before and don't play to an empty seat even if they seriously suck (Calgary+Edmonton.)

New York Rangers, LA Kings, Chicago Blackhawks franchises are at all time highs.

HOW CAN THOSE OWNERS BE THIS STUPID! Seriously. Phoenix doesn't even have an owner, Carolinas splashing the cash, theres only a handful of owners who can have a gripe with this system.

The greed is disgusting.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I live in CA no other hockey but NHL

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Rancid McGoiter
Lieks Boxxy

Send a message via AIM to Rancid McGoiter
It's impossible not to be on the player's side this time. The five or so teams that shouldn't even exist in the first place are going to be why we'll have a lockout.

These owners got their salary cap, which is fine, it even went up and up every year. However, if they expect the players to forfeit the wages that the very same owners are willing to pay, they're out of their ****ing minds. The league won twice, I surely hope there won't be a third.

It won't kill the NHL. Far too many of us are rabid fans. I didn't spend a dime on the Bruins from 2001 to 2008 and they did just fine. It's just a stupid shame.

Rancid McGoiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:21 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid McGoiter View Post
It's impossible not to be on the player's side this time. The five or so teams that shouldn't even exist in the first place are going to be why we'll have a lockout.

These owners got their salary cap, which is fine, it even went up and up every year. However, if they expect the players to forfeit the wages that the very same owners are willing to pay, they're out of their ****ing minds. The league won twice, I surely hope there won't be a third.

It won't kill the NHL. Far too many of us are rabid fans. I didn't spend a dime on the Bruins from 2001 to 2008 and they did just fine. It's just a stupid shame.
They did just fine from 2001-2008???? Not sure how many games ya took in at the TD during that stretch?They had a couple of decent regular seasons, Thousand of empty seats would disagree with you Mrs. Odaat and I drove a long way to see a mediocre at best product in front of 14/15,000. Up to the 2007/2008 season, CJ`s first behind the bench, this team hit a low.

The Jacobs family will always be 'fine' economically, but the Bruins had become irrelevant

Missed the playoffs 3 times, bounced 3 times in the first round, the team/organization was far from 'fine' with all due respect

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Thousand of empty seats would disagree with you Mrs. Odaat and I drove a long way to see a mediocre at best product in front of 14/15,000.
At 14k thats still only 1,565 empty and empty seat dont always mean they didnt sell, just that nobody chose to be there during the game.

Salem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 07:08 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
At 14k thats still only 1,565 empty and empty seat dont always mean they didnt sell, just that nobody chose to be there during the game.
Boston isn`t Phoenix

It`s Boston, a great sports/hockey town, sorry, won`t buy the 'decided not to be there' arguement, the team was awful, personel moves by Mngt had left fans distraught, and there was no indication from Ownership that they had true interest in pursuing a Cup but rather were content with the status quo.

Fans in Boston, like in Chicago (but to a lesser degree) spoke in volumes via empty seats. The TD has been sold out for a few years now, the team isn`t just competitive, but one that, when the subject of Cup contenders comes up, are mentioned, the same can`t be said about the teams during the timeframe mentioned earlier. They had a few nice seasons but......

And trust me, NEVER view the stat line with attendance, there are varying ways that the NHL/League account for those numbers, and as someone that was suckered into out of passion for Bruins hockey, to make about a half dozen trips a year to Boston to watch the B`s, I was being kind when saying there was/were scattered empty seats. I`m not a rich man, my tix weren`t in the prime spots, but Mrs. Odaat and I easily and did move from the upper bowl to the lower tier without worry when we got to town for a game. There was a ton of empty seats, I recall something from the 2001-2002 season, the B`s average attendance sat at about 25th on the League average (but again, the numbers then are being generous IMO), tons of free space to stretch out

Last edited by ODAAT: 08-26-2012 at 07:14 AM.
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:12 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Nope. The ball is always moving. Just because the players are spread out more doesn't mean something isn't happening.

don is offline   Reply With Quote