HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st Line RW to Ottawa

Old
08-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

vCash: 500
Eberle + Petry

for

Karlsson

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Zibanejad, Petersson, Da Costa, Hoffman, Noesen, Prince, Puempel, Stone, Pageau,....

Ceci,..., Wiercioch,..., ?????

No
I guess I'm higher on their defense prospects than you...

Also, none of those guys except maybe Zibanejad could step into a top 6 role this year.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Franzen + Quincey
for
Gonchar + 1st/2nd

Gionta
for
4th

I'd be interested in Ryder or Stewart but I can't see anything working there.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
I guess I'm higher on their defense prospects than you...

Also, none of those guys except maybe Zibanejad could step into a top 6 role this year.
Petersson, Stone and Da Costa all have a legit chance to make the sens top 6 this year.

Also that original deal(Ceci for Nyqvist) is so bad, its not even close.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Franzen + Quincey
for
Gonchar + 1st/2nd
a potential lottery pick for a bad contract and an average defensmen, no thanks.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
a potential lottery pick for a bad contract and an average defensmen, no thanks.
I wouldnt make the deal until later in the season.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Corey perry can be had for not a first but a second round pick?
Trade deadline or after the season (draft day?).

Sure, he could re-sign d render my point useless, but the fact is, Perry has ties to Bryan Murray, would fit well on the Sens, and would probably like to play with Spezza. With the CAP we have, I don't think its unreasonable to think we'd have a good shot at landing him if he did decide to walk.

That said, Ottawa isn't winning the cup this year, so I'd rather wait and do nothing, hope our specs okay well, and make a push for Perry if that becomes an option, over jumping the gun on a trade now.

To be clear, Perry is worth a hell of a lot more than a 2nd right now. I'm talking strictly as pending UFa here.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorchang View Post
Hes talking about a trade deadline deal.
He would cost you more than a second at the trade deadline.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:29 PM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Im wrong i think he was saying you could acquire the rights for perry after next season for a pick. Makes sense if you know that Perry isn't gonna resign might as well try to get something.

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

What would you give up for Lupul? Just curious on what you would be willing to give up for him.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:52 PM
KingCanadain1976

Just curious if theres any interest in Justin Williams from the kings and what ottawa would offer for him ? not saying i would trade him just curious on the offer if there is one

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 07:08 AM
topshelf15

Reality is that ottawa ,doesnt have the required assets to make a move for a top line winger.Not without destroying our decent depth of forwards at the prospect level,we are still in the early stage of a rebuild we need to just stay the course

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Im wrong i think he was saying you could acquire the rights for perry after next season for a pick. Makes sense if you know that Perry isn't gonna resign might as well try to get something.
Then why is the word "trade deadline" being tossed around, there will be a lot of teams offering the world for Perry even as a rental.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 07:55 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

As an Ottawa fan I want Corey Perry and I'd offer the following package to the Ducks:

- Mika Zibanejad
- 2 of Milan Michalek/Peter Regin/Jared Cowen
- 2013 1st

08-26-2012, 08:00 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
As an Ottawa fan I want Corey Perry and I'd offer the following package to the Ducks:

- Mika Zibanejad
- 2 of Milan Michalek/Peter Regin/Jared Cowen
- 2013 1st
This is a Catch 22 offer: Not enough to get Perry now, but too much to get Perry's rights before July 1st, once the season is over.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
This is a Catch 22 offer: Not enough to get Perry now, but too much to get Perry's rights before July 1st, once the season is over.
I think Zib, Michalek, Cowen and a first is more then fair for Perry. First round pick, NHL ready blue chip prospect, top 4 already, very likely top pairing 21 year old defenseman, and 30 goal scoring winger that's the same age as Perry on a good contract.

I think the world of Perry, but that cost is very tough to swallow, opens up a hole in our roster.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
I think Zib, Michalek, Cowen and a first is more then fair for Perry. First round pick, NHL ready blue chip prospect, top 4 already, very likely top pairing 21 year old defenseman, and 30 goal scoring winger that's the same age as Perry on a good contract.

I think the world of Perry, but that cost is very tough to swallow, opens up a hole in our roster.
Perry is a UFA this year.

Leave Spezza Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:24 AM
brochenski
@brochenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Sens:
Blake Wheeler

To Jets:
Cowen
2nd 2013
The Sens are in no position to give up Cowen as their D kinda stinks, but I'd love for them to get Blake Wheeler.

brochenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:33 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Who cares if you lose a top 6?

Seriously, all the offense lost would be replaced, and then some. Why does it matter what position they play?
No it wouldn't, because Anaheim's top-6 would be Getzlaf, Spezza and then AHL fodder plus Cogliano as a top-6, and the numbers wouldn't be the same.

Your theory couldn't be more wrong.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Quote:

Hemsky is a top liner on most teams and top 6 on all of them. 70 point talent and hes 29 so hes got at least a couple more years.

Something like Hemsky for Zibanejad, I know it doesn't make sense to do it as ottawa doesn't need a 29 year old but thats roughly where the value is.
bro seriosuly Hemsky is nowhere near the value of Zib , not close at all.

Hemsky is a top 6 player , but his age and his injury history wouldnt be worth it , especially at 5 mill a season.

Id do something like greening or smith straight up , those are the kind of players edmonton needs and closer in value to.

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:36 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

No to trading any of our top blue chip prospects who could emerge as stars in their own right. Trading for a stop gap measure until the prospects are NHL ready & ready to be elite players is more or less the way to go at this time in the teams development. IMO Ottawa needs a bonafide top four defenceman more than a top 6 forward but both are possible. I would like to see Murray pursue Byfuglien RD from Winnipeg & Hemskey RW from Edm, I doubt they would cost any of our top five prospects & both could contribute for another few yrs.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:45 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Lol no kidding... Kindof an embarassing comment, look what Kovalchuk got then add.

A deal around Zibanejad, Bishop + + + for Ryan seems like the only viable option for the sens.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
No to trading any of our top blue chip prospects who could emerge as stars in their own right. Trading for a stop gap measure until the prospects are NHL ready & ready to be elite players is more or less the way to go at this time in the teams development. IMO Ottawa needs a bonafide top four defenceman more than a top 6 forward but both are possible. I would like to see Murray pursue Byfuglien RD from Winnipeg & Hemskey RW from Edm, I doubt they would cost any of our top five prospects & both could contribute for another few yrs.
Byfuglien will definitely cost you one of your top prospects. You are not going to someone like him if you are not willing to give up something the Jets would want.

As far as all the "Perry is a UFA, we can just acquire him for free". I wish that was the way everything worked, we could all just wait till free agency to solve all our weaknesses. The fact is that Perry will be a premier free agent which any team with cap space will try to acquire. In fact I bet most would even try to free up space to sign him if given the opportunity. The competition for a guy like Perry would be high and then you have to hope that he picks your team out of 29 others. All I am saying is the odds will not be in your favor.

For the matter at hand, I would simply advocate waiting. You saw good results this year but sticking with the plan will likely end up with better results.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Any interest in Iginla? I could see something done around Zibanjad + mid pick. (if Iggy signs an extension)

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
bro seriosuly Hemsky is nowhere near the value of Zib , not close at all.

Hemsky is a top 6 player , but his age and his injury history wouldnt be worth it , especially at 5 mill a season.

Id do something like greening or smith straight up , those are the kind of players edmonton needs and closer in value to.
At one point he would've been worth it, but until he can return to form and stay healthy, the value isn't there. The thing is that when you buy low you don't give up the farm and the player could end up being a steal if he returns to form. Look at Michaelik for example. I haven't seen much of your team the last number of years, does Smith play C? Is his upside a 3C? If so and he's a 3C that brings physicality and solid two way play I'd consider it.