HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oscar Klefbom

Old
08-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I think a lot of the people posting in this thread assume Klefbom was drafted in the second round.
Or maybe in the 3rd? It makes you wonder how many of them have A) heard of Klefbom and B) seen him play. He's a big kid with wheels, a good outlet pass, and a good shot. At the very least he projects to be a shutdown type D at the NHL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
BBO, you as usual talk sense. Unfortunately I do not see the benefits of responding to some of the proposals in this thread. You simply can't fix stupid....

Last edited by SnS: 08-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:15 PM
CanadienKid25

To the OP: I think is value is still pretty much the same as where the Oilers drafted him, 19th overall. Looking at the 18 skaters that went ahead of him in the 2011 draft, I dont think more than 1 or 2 at most have fell behind him at this point in time. In a package? Well that depends a bit on what team he is going to and where he would fall into the depth chart. I don't imagine Pittsburgh would give up much at all for him but someone like Columbus would.

CanadienKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienKid25 View Post
To the OP: I think is value is still pretty much the same as where the Oilers drafted him, 19th overall. Looking at the 18 skaters that went ahead of him in the 2011 draft, I dont think more than 1 or 2 at most have fell behind him at this point in time. In a package? Well that depends a bit on what team he is going to and where he would fall into the depth chart. I don't imagine Pittsburgh would give up much at all for him but someone like Columbus would.
Columbus is stacked on the blueline so why would they give up a lot for him?

Old
08-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
You know the old saying "Most Leaf fans know everything about the Leafs, but nothing about hockey"
Then if we know everything about our guys, that means that Rielly will be the top guy out of the draft? I'm okay with that.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:39 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
the site could possible be dated before the draft and i Brain Farted when did Hemsky sign and I dont think they had taken Yakopov yet also a natural LW

Eberle
Hemsky
Petrell/Jones
?
Dorsett on the 4th or 3rd
When the site was dated doesn't matter now. The Oilers are stacked on the right wing, so they will probably move someone to the left. Also, Hemsky was extended earlier this year, and Yakupov is a natural RW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I think the 4 out of 5 scouts said they would have him rated higher then Murray if he was in this draft
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying.

4EDM14OIL93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:40 PM
DisgruntledGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Then if we know everything about our guys, that means that Rielly will be the top guy out of the draft? I'm okay with that.
Except it also means you dont know anything about any of the other players, and just because Rielly is the best Leaf pick, it doesnt make him the best pick overall.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:46 PM
CanadienKid25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It was just an example, feel free to fill in the blank with another team whom you think needs defence. Columbus being "stacked" or needing more sure things is just a matter of opinion.

Old
08-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
It was just an example, feel free to fill in the blank with another team whom you think needs defence. Columbus being "stacked" or needing more sure things is just a matter of opinion.
Columbus is stacked on defense, just because they were the worst team in the league last year doesn't change that. Add Ryan Murray to their D and it's that much better. As for teams that need defense, we are one of those teams, that's why it makes no sense for us to move him for a pick unless it's a surefire lottery pick to have to wait on said picks development when Klefbom will already be 2 years ahead in terms of development.

Old
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Oh sweet G-d almighty. So this is where the Dorsett madness came from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Dorsett or Mason from Columbus?
No chance we send 'em Dorsett - not with the tons of blueline prospects and roster players we have already - and no chance they accept Mason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Dorsett is a grinder, why in the bloody H would the oilers trade a promising 1/2nd pairing defenseman for a grinder. Jeezus.

I look at klefbom and pitlick for Johansen

You know the price for mentioning him. All Oil fans by now should know the price.

Quote:
This. We simply do not need Klefbom. I'm sure he'll be a fine Oiler.

Quote:
The top-4 is set - Tyutin-Nikitin (which was quietly one of the best blueline pairings in the league last year) and JMFJ-Wisniewski (a plus pairing when they played together).

Aucoin is on the bottom pair. Fighting for the last spot are FOUR top-quality blueline prospects in Erixon, Murray, Moore, and Savard.

Beyond them are steady-developing types like Goloubef, Weber, and Prout, and the occasional boom-bust guy like Mike Reilly.

The absolute dead last thing ever that we need is more defensemen.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:01 PM
CanadienKid25

Quote:
Columbus is stacked on defense, just because they were the worst team in the league last year doesn't change that. Add Ryan Murray to their D and it's that much better. As for teams that need defense, we are one of those teams, that's why it makes no sense for us to move him for a pick unless it's a surefire lottery pick to have to wait on said picks development when Klefbom will already be 2 years ahead in terms of development.
Anyways, I don't want to derail the OPs thread so I'm just going to leave it at that

Old
08-26-2012, 04:04 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
high second rounder - to - maybe a low 1st rounder
He was drafted 19th overall and his stock has soared since then. He's basically on par with 10th overall Brodin who has also seen his stock rise. Add the fact that he's already been developing in the SEL for two years - i.e. can play in 13/14 - and your evaluation is really poor.

At this point, he'd be worth a 7th-12th overall pick in most drafts.

Last edited by 5RingsAndABeer: 08-26-2012 at 04:09 PM.
5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
The bottom line is that unless we are trading for an established player that is what Klefbom could be it makes no sense. As for him being worth a low 1st, 2nd, or even a 3rd rounder, yes that is exactly how things work. Every prospect that is drafted and improves their play still has their value drop. Reilly is worth a mid-low 1st rounder assuming that he improves his game this year, Brodin is worth a late 1st rounder, etc. When a player shows that he is closer to reaching his upside their value increases, not decreases.
I agree with this post, teams usually scout and like to draft their own. Unless a GM really likes Klefbom I doubt anyone would pay what you would want in a trade.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:11 PM
topchowda

Quote:
looking at the D taken ahead:
Larsson (4)
Hamilton (9)
Brodin(10)
Siemens(11)
murphy (12)
Oleksiak (14)
Beaulieu (17)

Id if the draft was done today hed still be behind larsson, hamilton and on par with brodin.

I believe guys like Siemens and Oleksiak have fallen and Klefbom has risen his game past Beaulieus.

So a tenth overall pick is around what hes worth

Edit: I wouldnt trade klefbom for the tenth pick in the upcoming draft

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:33 PM
CanadienKid25

Quote:
Larsson (4)
Hamilton (9)
Brodin(10)
Siemens(11)
murphy (12)
Oleksiak (14)
Beaulieu (17)

Id if the draft was done today hed still be behind larsson, hamilton and on par with brodin.

I believe guys like Siemens and Oleksiak have fallen and Klefbom has risen his game past Beaulieus.

Personally I would rank the forwards in there as well since I think teams draft BPA. Again, that is just my opinion

Old
08-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
He was drafted 19th overall and his stock has soared since then. He's basically on par with 10th overall Brodin who has also seen his stock rise. Add the fact that he's already been developing in the SEL for two years - i.e. can play in 13/14 - and your evaluation is really poor.

At this point, he'd be worth a 7th-12th overall pick in most drafts.
Pretty much. Not sure how his value dropped.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:37 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Larsson (4)
Hamilton (9)
Brodin(10)
Siemens(11)
murphy (12)
Oleksiak (14)
Beaulieu (17)

I wouldn't say that until the end of the SEL season, but you assessment is close to his value.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

He can be a solid top 4 . hes a complete package. I'd say his value is about the same as CeCi , its eerie how similiar players they are , carbon copy although ceci looks to have an edge offensivly

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Pretty much. Not sure how his value dropped.
I wasn't even aware that there was a presumption that it had. "Reduced value? Klefbom? The heck're y'all talkin' 'bout?"

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Really, what the hell is the point of this thread? For opposing fans of teams from around the NHL to help the Oilers fanbase come to a "more reasonable" conclusion as to what his value could hypothetically be?

These sorts of things are a waste of time debating/discussing until... well I don't even know what until but he's the Oilers best D-prospect, projected to be an almost surefire top 4, potential 2-3 D-man. With that being said, he still hasn't come over to NA, hasn't experience the pro game at any level over here, hasn't played in the CHL etc. etc., therefor - while he was a mid level first round pick, he doesn't have much value at the moment.

Not to mention it makes zero sense for the Oilers to trade this kid... zero, none whatsoever, unless they're getting a stud D in return.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:54 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Really, what the hell is the point of this thread? For opposing fans of teams from around the NHL to help the Oilers fanbase come to a "more reasonable" conclusion as to what his value could hypothetically be?

These sorts of things are a waste of time debating/discussing until... well I don't even know what until but he's the Oilers best D-prospect, projected to be an almost surefire top 4, potential 2-3 D-man. With that being said, he still hasn't come over to NA, hasn't experience the pro game at any level over here, hasn't played in the CHL etc. etc., therefor - while he was a mid level first round pick, he doesn't have much value at the moment.

Not to mention it makes zero sense for the Oilers to trade this kid... zero, none whatsoever, unless they're getting a stud D in return.
So your saying the CHL is tougher to play in then the SEL.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
I like how there is a debate about how he's worth a late 1st/lower and a simultaneously ludicrous debate about how he's better than certain defenders drafted before him or that he's one of the best prospects currently.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

No need to trade him, we don't even know how his game will translate into the NHL.

BOLD MacT Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Dan Boyle + 2nd for Klefblom and MPS

San Jose gets two young players, Edmonton gets a draft pick and a veteran d they need.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

He should have similar value to what Runblad (17th pick 2009) got in a trade (16th pick 2010). Klefbom was drafted 19th (2011) and has shown solid development. 17-18th overall (2013) would be where I would put his value.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I like how there is a debate about how he's worth a late 1st/lower and a simultaneously ludicrous debate about how he's better than certain defenders drafted before him or that he's one of the best prospects currently.
I take it you didn't like it when someone said that he leaped ahead of Siemens last year?