HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins working out new contract for Tyler Seguin

Old
08-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Bruins working out new contract for Tyler Seguin

Quote:
The Bruins are reportedly starting to work on a contract extension for Andrew Ference and a new deal for Tyler Seguin.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boston-...0069--nhl.html

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I would expect unlike Hall, Seguin will receive a bridge contract.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Thought it was working out a trade for a split second.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:13 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Thought it was working out a trade for a split second.
ditto.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:14 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

So by capgeek, I see that Boston has $1.33 in cap space this year including Seguin's last contract. How does Thomas' contract fit into all this? He's slated to be UFA after next year but I was told his absence could move that year forward.

Is Boston planning on keeping Horton?

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So by capgeek, I see that Boston has $1.33 in cap space this year including Seguin's last contract. How does Thomas' contract fit into all this? He's slated to be UFA after next year but I was told his absence could move that year forward.
It won't. Similar situation to Paul Ranger.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Sign and trade to the Sens.

He requested it after he enjoyed his all-star experience here. Rumoured deal would send Gonchar, Daugavins to Bruins.

Seriously though, good deal. I'd pay him 7 years $5 500 000

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:25 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:

It depends. If the Bruins pay him his 3 million left on his current contract THIS year then his contract expires at the years end. if they chose to suspend him without pay then it pushes his contract out another year.
Seguin will definitely stay, horton I'm not sure. I like the guy but if he gets reinjured I think the bruins would have to let him walk, especially where he will get 4m+ again, even with the injuries.
Money wont be the issue though. Thomas should come off the books, they can put savards cap hit toward resigning by adding him onto LTIR. easy 9 million there. the only player that will have a large cap increase is seguin with probably a 2 million increase (his current hit is 3.6ish due to bonuses)

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I would expect unlike Hall, Seguin will receive a bridge contract.
Reason being? IMO he'll follow the paths of Tavares, Skinner, and Hall and sign a 5-7 year deal.

08-26-2012, 04:49 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
It depends. If the Bruins pay him his 3 million left on his current contract THIS year then his contract expires at the years end. if they chose to suspend him without pay then it pushes his contract out another year.
Seguin will definitely stay, horton I'm not sure. I like the guy but if he gets reinjured I think the bruins would have to let him walk, especially where he will get 4m+ again, even with the injuries.
Money wont be the issue though. Thomas should come off the books, they can put savards cap hit toward resigning by adding him onto LTIR. easy 9 million there. the only player that will have a large cap increase is seguin with probably a 2 million increase (his current hit is 3.6ish due to bonuses)
Marchand has Wade Arnott as an agent and is already a 28-27-55 player at 24 years old. He'll be getting a big raise from $2.5 million/year. Lucic & Rask, it depends but if things go well for the Bruins this season (assuming there is a season), we could be talking about enough raises to eat up all of Thomas' freed cap space and then some. Then you have to hope there's either a cap increase or salary rollback or that a cheap kid like Knight, Spooner or Koko is ready to take Horton's spot.

As of now financially, Horton looks to be on his way out after the season, but there are WAY too many factors for any of this to be anything but immature speculation.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:

He'll still be paid 3.5 this year no matter what. Thomas' contract will be gone next season, freeing $5m which will more than cover the cap hit. If we keep Horton, I don't know, it depends on this season. If his injury isn't harmful long-term and he puts up decent numbers, I'm sure we'd toss a few more years at him, at the same price probably or let him walk. That, or we'd need to make a trade to get another RW. Or we could try Peverley in the top-6 or see if Spooner/Knight/Caron/KoKo is ready. Caron played well with Bergeron and Marchand in the past, all three of them are great defensively. A top-6 of Lucic-Krejci-Seguin/Marchand-Bergeron-Caron isn't too bad, but I'd prefer an actual goal scorer on the wing on the 2nd line. Caron is pretty talented, though.

I'd be overjoyed if he got a Skinner/Hall contract.

He's already gotten more points than Krejci, and his defensive play is great for his age, he almost deserves 5.5-6 now..

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:10 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
He'll still be paid 3.5 this year no matter what. Thomas' contract will be gone next season, freeing $5m which will more than cover the cap hit. If we keep Horton, I don't know, it depends on this season. If his injury isn't harmful long-term and he puts up decent numbers, I'm sure we'd toss a few more years at him. That, or we'd need to make a trade to get another RW.

I'd be overjoyed if he got a Skinner/Hall contract.

He's already gotten more points than Krejci, and his defensive play is great for his age, he almost deserves 5.5-6 now..
Thomas will be in breach of contract. He won't be paid no matter what. He will count against the cap no matter what, but you don't collect when you breach a contract.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Thomas will be in breach of contract. He won't be paid no matter what. He will count against the cap no matter what, but you don't collect when you breach a contract.
Hmm, I never thought/knew about this.

We still have 4m from Savard, so it's not a problem. But still, interesting.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Pint O Guinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Marchand has Wade Arnott as an agent and is already a 28-27-55 player at 24 years old. He'll be getting a big raise from $2.5 million/year. Lucic & Rask, it depends but if things go well for the Bruins this season (assuming there is a season), we could be talking about enough raises to eat up all of Thomas' freed cap space and then some. Then you have to hope there's either a cap increase or salary rollback or that a cheap kid like Knight, Spooner or Koko is ready to take Horton's spot.

As of now financially, Horton looks to be on his way out after the season, but there are WAY too many factors for any of this to be anything but immature speculation.
Come on seriously, your going to replace Horton a first liner with a kid who hasn't played nhl hockey? If anything look into free agency. I'm optimistic about Nathan though not ready to give up on him yet. Need to resign lucic to new contract.

The team has got a good core only things we should worry about. A backup with experience. Ie: Ben Bishop would be great.

And the veteran presence lost when Recchi retired. Look into free agency ie: brunette, Arnott, Langenbrunner

Pint O Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint O Guinness View Post
Come on seriously, your going to replace Horton a first liner with a kid who hasn't played nhl hockey? If anything look into free agency. I'm optimistic about Nathan though not ready to give up on him yet. Need to resign lucic to new contract.

The team has got a good core only things we should worry about. A backup with experience. Ie: Ben Bishop would be great.

And the veteran presence lost when Recchi retired. Look into free agency ie: brunette, Arnott, Langenbrunner
I was talking about what the Bruins are looking at if the cap remains stagnant or lowered and the Bruins' pending RFA's have the kinds of seasons that demand good raises. Not talking about what I'd want for the team. But look at Chicago, although that happened a lot more violently. If you want to keep all your core guys, then some others are going to have to go and be replaced by young'uns or reclamation projects, etc.

The Bruins could be looking at giving out about $10 million in raises to Seguin, Lucic, Marchand, Rask & Ference. You want to keep all those guys? Well, then your inconsistent RW with concussion issues and one year left on his deal suddenly seems replaceable, even if it's not something you'd love to do. The cap world.

But again, this is all speculation until/unless we know what the financial structure of this league will look like in the future.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:24 PM
nycbruins*

Also, Nathan Horton has scored 43 goals for the Bruins in the last 2 years (I know there were injuries, but that's part of someone's value.) Brad Marchand has scored 49 goals over the same time period.

2 years ago, Brad Marchand was a kid who hadn't scored a goal in the NHL and had only played 20 games. So it's not unfathomable to believe that a Bruins kid could replace Horton....and for a hell of a lot cheaper than what anything decent costs in the free agent market these days.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:35 PM
PJ StockBB

good news, hoping Lucic is there next priority

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:40 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Hope he signs fir 5-5.5 per

Then maybe Kane will smarten up and sign his deal

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:45 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Reason being? IMO he'll follow the paths of Tavares, Skinner, and Hall and sign a 5-7 year deal.
None of those teams have existing cores (Eric Staal can't be a core group unto himself), and those young players are immediately core players. Seguin, while an intended core player, is joining a well-established core group. Different situations.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Hopefully Chiarelli can sell him on the team concept and get a discount.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 05:59 PM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

vCash: 177
I would guess 6 years 5.75m per. Can't see him taking less then 5.5m.

BOLD MacT Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Trap Jesus

Definitely think it'll be shorter than Hall's, but I still think it'll be 4 or 5 years. I'll say 5 years at just over $6 million per.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:06 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Overpaid pre-Madonna.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Overpaid pre-Madonna.
Lol this made me laugh. It's prima donna. I guess someones musical tastes are coming out

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
None of those teams have existing cores (Eric Staal can't be a core group unto himself), and those young players are immediately core players. Seguin, while an intended core player, is joining a well-established core group. Different situations.
I see your point, but will his agent and will he when he's seen 3 comparable players sign the deals that I mentioned? Do you risk a 2-3 year deal and then have to pony up a lot more at the end of that deal?

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote