HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

The MLD 2012 Thread II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-26-2012, 04:39 PM
  #726
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 37,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Trying to think of a way to phrase this...

Am I voting for the players who were the best historically, or the players I project to have the best hypothetical MLD season?

IE, say I feel the best player won't be used to the best of his ability. Is that a factor?
I look at a little of both.

For example, I think Mike Green is going to be more effective doing what he's doing with a partner who is known to be good positionally, with a good reach and speed to cover for him.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 04:41 PM
  #727
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 37,932
vCash: 500
I've been half paying attention here; busy with other things.

Did Selfish Man ever make up his two picks?

Edit: Looks like he didn't. Tomorrow will be 1 week since he signed on to say he would.

Double Edit: PMed overpass asking him if he wanted to make the picks.


Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 08-26-2012 at 05:18 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
  #728
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I've been half paying attention here; busy with other things.

Did Selfish Man ever make up his two picks?

Edit: Looks like he didn't. Tomorrow will be 1 week since he signed on to say he would.
We have no structure. We need to set dates so GMs know and are motivated. And they need to be PM'd.

When will be regular season voting day? (I suggest this Friday. Saturday is September already! Decide something!)

Once you TDMM and seventieslord decide please PM everyone the info. (I am willing to if you are too busy to.)

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:01 PM
  #729
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 37,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
We have no structure. We need to set dates so GMs know and are motivated. And they need to be PM'd.

When will be regular season voting day? (I suggest this Friday. Saturday is September already! Decide something!)

Once you TDMM and seventieslord decide please PM everyone the info. (I am willing to if you are too busy to.)
Do we usually vote for All Star teams before regular season standings or at the same time?

I would rather not be in charge of collecting any of the votes this time

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:09 PM
  #730
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Do we usually vote for All Star teams before regular season standings or at the same time?
Sometimes we haven't had all-stars at all, it's been a side event sometimes at the same time, sometimes later(the all-tars are NOT released until after the playoffs are finished sometimes). The regular season rankings is the main concern. The all-star teams could be submitted at the same time or a few days later (anytime on the weekend if Friday is Voting Day for regular season rankings). Let's fix a Voting Day and give GMs a few days to get ready for it.

Quote:
I would rather not be in charge of collecting any of the votes this time
Seventieslord said he is willing to collect votes on our Mickey Ion divison. We just need someone in the Mickey Ion division to collect votes on the Sir Montagu Allan Division. Once you set a date for regular season rankings, I'll PM it to everyone and send requests for that division's vote collector.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:32 PM
  #731
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 37,932
vCash: 500
I think Friday at the latest for both regular season and all star voting then. I know some GMs said they wanted this weekend to assassinate teams, but this weekend is basically over.

How about Wednesday the last day to make trades or add/drop, voting for both regular season and all star teams opens ether Thursday night or Friday morning (I don't care which)

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:37 PM
  #732
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
How about Wednesday the last day to make trades or add/drop, voting for both regular season and all star teams opens ether Thursday night or Friday morning (I don't care which)
Great. If there are no objections (seventieslord hasn't logged on for over 30 hours so he's unlikely to object).

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:13 AM
  #733
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 37,932
vCash: 500
I told overpass that if he wants, he can start making picks today. Today would be 7 days since Selfish Man last posted

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
  #734
overpass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,511
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh Hornets select

Derek Morris, D

1000+ NHL games, solid two-way d-man who can play on both special teams units, RHS, was a #1 defenceman/candidate to make Team Canada before the lockout.

Felix Potvin, G

Solid decade-plus NHL career, memorable performances for the Leafs in the 1993 and 1994 seasons.

Guy Chouinard, C/RW

Highly skilled offensive producer, RHS, can play point on PP. Top-6 sub or can be added to lineup if the coach wants to add some skill.

C/LW Radek Bonk

Can play a support role on a scoring line (as he did for some very good Ottawa teams) or a checking role. Adds the option of size down the middle, can defend big centres. Primarily C, can play LW in a pinch.

overpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
  #735
Hobnobs
Pinko
 
Hobnobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
Pittsburgh Hornets select

Derek Morris, D

1000+ NHL games, solid two-way d-man who can play on both special teams units, RHS, was a #1 defenceman/candidate to make Team Canada before the lockout.

Felix Potvin, G

Solid decade-plus NHL career, memorable performances for the Leafs in the 1993 and 1994 seasons.

Guy Chouinard, C/RW

Highly skilled offensive producer, RHS, can play point on PP. Top-6 sub or can be added to lineup if the coach wants to add some skill.

C/LW Radek Bonk

Can play a support role on a scoring line (as he did for some very good Ottawa teams) or a checking role. Adds the option of size down the middle, can defend big centres. Primarily C, can play LW in a pinch.
Excellent picks!

Hobnobs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:01 PM
  #736
seventieslord
Registered User
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Do we usually vote for All Star teams before regular season standings or at the same time?
Yep. Same time.

Quote:
I would rather not be in charge of collecting any of the votes this time
that's fine. I have DaveG and Mike Farkas handling our division. I'll handle the other one and I'll just need someone else to receive them in case my work needs to be checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
sometimes later(the all-tars are NOT released until after the playoffs are finished sometimes).
I don't remember when this ever happened.

Quote:
Seventieslord said he is willing to collect votes on our Mickey Ion divison. We just need someone in the Mickey Ion division to collect votes on the Sir Montagu Allan Division. Once you set a date for regular season rankings, I'll PM it to everyone and send requests for that division's vote collector.
Already taken care of.

And I will send out the PMs for voting. I can do it in two quick messages.

So here is what's happening, as a summary:

- Votes for Mickey Ion: To me and (undetermined volunteer)
- Votes for Sir Montagu Allan: To DaveG and Mike Farkas
- Votes for All-star teams: To me and DaveG

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
Pittsburgh Hornets select

Derek Morris, D

1000+ NHL games, solid two-way d-man who can play on both special teams units, RHS, was a #1 defenceman/candidate to make Team Canada before the lockout.

Felix Potvin, G

Solid decade-plus NHL career, memorable performances for the Leafs in the 1993 and 1994 seasons.

Guy Chouinard, C/RW

Highly skilled offensive producer, RHS, can play point on PP. Top-6 sub or can be added to lineup if the coach wants to add some skill.

C/LW Radek Bonk

Can play a support role on a scoring line (as he did for some very good Ottawa teams) or a checking role. Adds the option of size down the middle, can defend big centres. Primarily C, can play LW in a pinch.
Well done.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM
  #737
Canadiens1958
Registered User
 
Canadiens1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 500
Well Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
Pittsburgh Hornets select

Derek Morris, D

1000+ NHL games, solid two-way d-man who can play on both special teams units, RHS, was a #1 defenceman/candidate to make Team Canada before the lockout.

Felix Potvin, G

Solid decade-plus NHL career, memorable performances for the Leafs in the 1993 and 1994 seasons.

Guy Chouinard, C/RW

Highly skilled offensive producer, RHS, can play point on PP. Top-6 sub or can be added to lineup if the coach wants to add some skill.

C/LW Radek Bonk

Potvin is solid for a goalie who does not move as well as others.

Derek Morris, solid with a slight taint of underachieving. Liked Bob Murray's puck moving skills better.

Can play a support role on a scoring line (as he did for some very good Ottawa teams) or a checking role. Adds the option of size down the middle, can defend big centres. Primarily C, can play LW in a pinch.
Excellent picks especially Chouinard and Bonk. Both bring versatility and skills. Came down to Lang and these two for my fourth center.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 02:06 PM
  #738
overpass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Excellent picks especially Chouinard and Bonk. Both bring versatility and skills. Came down to Lang and these two for my fourth center.
Thanks! Lang was among the first names I checked to see if they were available, so I guess we were looking for similar skillsets.

overpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 12:41 PM
  #739
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,634
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Winnipeg has decided to drop C Petr Nedved in favor of C Forbes Kennedy. Kennedy will take over the role of 4th line center to form a super-pest line of Darcy Tucker, Forbes Kennedy, and David Backes. We are also dropping D Amby Moran, and picking up D Keith Carney, who will remain on the bench.

Craven-McGimsie-Hergesheimer
Mickoski-Reay-Stoughton
Gracie-Stemkowski-Christian
Tucker-Kennedy-Backes
Boutette, Zhamnov

Cooper-Hillman
Babinov-McKenny
Picard-Niinimaa
Tverdovsky, Carney

Beaupre
Ranford

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:15 AM
  #740
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 31,673
vCash: 500
Better late than never, I suppose.


Please consider the following Polar Twins for All Star votes:

Charlie Burns, bottom-6 C

- Played 10% more PK than any other post-expansion player with more than 400 GP.
- World Championship Best Forward while winning gold.
- Shadowed the best players during a period that included Howe, Hull, Mahovlich, etc.
- The last player/coach in NHL history.


Bronco Horvath, top-6 C

- #1 in goals (tied with Bobby Hull) in 1960. Also he was 6th in Hart voting and a 2nd All Star that year.
- Two top-5 finishes in goals and points.
- Over a 4-year period he was 4th in goals-per-game behind Geoffrion, Beliveau and Moore. Add Bathgate, Howe and Richard ahead of him for 7th in points-per-game.
- 22-game scoring streak was the longest in history until Lafleur in 1977.


Dustin Brown, bottom-6 W

- Captained the 2012 Cup winning Kings, leading all NHL players in G-A-P.
- 20+ goals in each of the past 5 seasons.
- Led the league in penalties-drawn in 5 of the last 7 seasons.
- The only player to be top-3 in hits every post-lockout season.
- 10th in playoff points-per-game over the past 3 years (>30 gp).
- Only missed 10 of his past 574 games despite an extremely punishing style of play.


Brad Maxwell, D

- As a rookie in 1978 he led all defensemen in power-play goals.
- Top-pairing defenseman on the 1981 Cup finalist North Stars.
- In 1984 he was exceeded by only Bourque, Coffey and Potvin in assists. Top-pairing defenseman on a conference finalist.
- Estimated TOI of nearly 29 minutes per game in 1984.
- Top-scoring defenseman on the conference finalist Nords in 1985.


Arnie Brown, D

- Brown was Harry Howell's partner during Howell's 1968 Norris season. He was integral enough as the defensive half of that pairing that one writer gave him a 1st place Norris vote and 8 gave him All Star votes.
- The next year, Brown partnered with Brad Park and again was the defensive element in Park's scoring breakout. In 1970, Brown pulled down a few All Star votes during Park's first Norris-runner-up season.
- Even as a defensive defenseman, he was good enough offensively to score 15-21-36 one season.


Don Cherry, coach

- Adams Trophy, 1976
- Cup Finalist, 1977 and 1978
- AHL Coach of the Year, 1974
- Canada Cup gold medal, 1976 (as an assistant)
- Winning percentage in the regular season - .521; in the playoffs - .564

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:15 PM
  #741
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,920
vCash: 500
I thought Friday was going to be Voting Day.
It's 215am here, gotta go to sleep, have a long day tomorrow, can't vote until midday friday eastern northern america time. Hope that's okay!

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:22 PM
  #742
seventieslord
Registered User
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
I thought Friday was going to be Voting Day.
It's 215am here, gotta go to sleep, have a long day tomorrow, can't vote until midday friday eastern northern america time. Hope that's okay!
at the rate votes are coming in, that should be fine.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:24 PM
  #743
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,920
vCash: 500
The Sir Montagu Allan Division was called by somebody the 'Group of Death' but that was before the draft and I personally have found the Mickey Ion Division much harder to rank after looking at the teams that were built! Lots of quality squads there. I expect a close race!

When there are so many quality horses in the race there's no shame in finishing in the middle of the pack!

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:41 AM
  #744
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 37,932
vCash: 500
I won't have time to vote until Saturday afternoon. Working 16 hours tomorrow then sleeping LATEeee

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 10:10 AM
  #745
seventieslord
Registered User
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I won't have time to vote until Saturday afternoon. Working 16 hours tomorrow then sleeping LATEeee
don't be in a rush, it doesn't look like anyone else is.

Right now I have 8 sets of votes:

velociraptor
tony d
tarheelhockey
Bring Back Scuderi
BillyShoe1848272859349
Hedberg
VanIslander (standings only, no all-star teams yet)
Canadiens1958 (standings only, no all-star teams yet)

so, still expecting a lot of PMs in the next 24 hours.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:51 PM
  #746
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,995
vCash: 500
I received a number of PMs (including AS votes, wasn't sure I was a part of that, but no big deal, I think I'm just a failsafe more than anything on that front, correct? - A double-checker of sorts...).

I've been on a bit of a weird schedule recently, but I'm around, collecting info, trying to formulate my own personal votes. Just wanted to make sure that we knew I didn't skip town or anything...just trying to find a good block of time to devote to this...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 02:41 PM
  #747
seventieslord
Registered User
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I received a number of PMs (including AS votes, wasn't sure I was a part of that, but no big deal, I think I'm just a failsafe more than anything on that front, correct? - A double-checker of sorts...).
that's correct.

I thought I cleared that with both you and Dave? maybe I'm mistaken. In any case, thanks for having the inbox room.

Quote:
I've been on a bit of a weird schedule recently, but I'm around, collecting info, trying to formulate my own personal votes. Just wanted to make sure that we knew I didn't skip town or anything...just trying to find a good block of time to devote to this...
same here.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:40 PM
  #748
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??
 
Velociraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maritimes
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,655
vCash: 500
Seventies can you send Farkas my revised all star voting? Thanks

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
  #749
seventieslord
Registered User
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Seventies can you send Farkas my revised all star voting? Thanks
done.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:57 PM
  #750
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
don't be in a rush, it doesn't look like anyone else is.

Right now I have 8 sets of votes:

velociraptor
tony d
tarheelhockey
Bring Back Scuderi
BillyShoe1848272859349
Hedberg
VanIslander (standings only, no all-star teams yet)
Canadiens1958 (standings only, no all-star teams yet)

so, still expecting a lot of PMs in the next 24 hours.
I doubt I'll have time to vote. Just got a new job, and i need to relocate.

On a related note, is anybody here from Orillia or area?

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.