HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Where will Andrei Kostitsyn go?

Old
08-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You're delusional when you come to talk about AK. Nothing more nothing less. You just hate him.. it's cool I too hate some players.. But I still can admit they're not worthless and bound to be out of the NHL.
I'm not so sure who is delusional, to be honest. Personally, I think it's those who undermine the Predators' management intelligence by thinking that they would have suspended the two bozos for what they say is "being 45 minutes late" and that, during the playoffs. Delusional to think that they wouldn't have been fined instead, if that was the case.

But I guess it depends on what side of the fence we're sitting, right.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 01:39 PM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I'm not so sure who is delusional, to be honest. Personally, I think it's those who undermine the Predators' management intelligence by thinking that they would have suspended the two bozos for what they say is "being 45 minutes late" and that, during the playoffs. Delusional to think that they wouldn't have been fined instead, if that was the case.

But I guess it depends on what side of the fence we're sitting, right.
It wasnt "Predators management", it was Trotz. And yes, he would have suspended them if they were 5 minutes late, that is how the guy is.

Stop filtering everything(more so when relating to non French Canadian players who are no longer on the club) through the traditional Montreal machine, it will give you nothing in terms of realism.

RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Viqsi never once called Howson a genius, so I'm not really sure from where you pulled this comment.
To be fair, I did once shout such in my living room during the 2009 draft when he traded up to get John Moore. However, my opinion has been revised significantly since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He wouldn't do good under Torts. He need's to get rubbed the right way or he gets underconfident and makes more and more mistakes..He's kinda fragile mentally.
That actually makes it sound like he might do well here under the present circumstances. Hmmmm.

I do want to eventually see Andrei here, but that's mostly because Sergei plays for the Preds, and a brother-against-brother "civil war" theme for CBJ versus Nashville is just too perfect.

I'm just not sure if now is the time, since we're in the early stages of establishing a team identity here.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
It wasnt "Predators management", it was Trotz. And yes, he would have suspended them if they were 5 minutes late, that is how the guy is.

Stop filtering everything(more so when relating to non French Canadian players who are no longer on the club) through the traditional Montreal machine, it will give you nothing in terms of realism.
You bet your ass that Poile and even ownership were involved in that decision to suspend them! You can try to swing the discussion towards me all you want, it's not about me but about those two idiots who let their team down. Until someone gets the truth about this whole story, I'll give Nashville's management more credit than Kostitsyn's fanboys. Poile and Trotz are not stupid.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:38 PM
dannyj10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
If doan gets 7+ and Parise gets 8 Mill why would Perry or iggy sign for less then 8?
Well maybe not Perry but Iggy would do it at a legit chance at a cup.

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
it's not about me but about those two idiots who let their team down.
So you have called him bozo, idiot and dump in only 1 thread. You can believe in what you want. That sky is green and water is not liquid. But I don't believe you can insult players that you don't like. This two guys has made it to NHL and were drafted in 1-st round. Have you done better? Did you achieve more in your life than any of them? Do you do your job better than them? I'm not the first user who tells you to keep quite and give some respect to the players you're talking about and especially other posters. Trust me it will at least look like you're grown up and not some kind of frustrated teenager.
And this one my favorite
Quote:
I refuse to lower myself to your level with kindergarten name calling.

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 11:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Because it's unlikely he receives an offer in the NHL. His last fiasco in Nashville in the playoffs may have been the last nail in the coffin.
Also, is there a credible link somewhere that he refused major money from the KHL or is that a pipe dream from his supporters?
Nail in the coffin from what? 20+ goal seasons?

AK goes out late one night and is russian=Get him out of here.

Players on substance abuse programs who are NA=Glad he's all fixed up, some team will pick him up.

Ah the logic of HF boards. I'm SURE AK recieved an offer. Maybe he didn't like term or amount but you gotta be kidding if you think no team expressed interest just because he went out. Holy cow. The (belo)russian factor for sure.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Nail in the coffin from what? 20+ goal seasons?

AK goes out late one night and is russian=Get him out of here.

Players on substance abuse programs who are NA=Glad he's all fixed up, some team will pick him up.

Ah the logic of HF boards. I'm SURE AK recieved an offer. Maybe he didn't like term or amount but you gotta be kidding if you think no team expressed interest just because he went out. Holy cow. The (belo)russian factor for sure.
Of course he received an offer , this summer has been slim pickings in terms of UFA , he isn't coming off an injury so why would anyone say he has put a nail is his coffin??
The guy averages 46 pts per season , has been fairly health , has had 4 20+ goal seasons , top 20 wrist shot in the NHL (arguably top 10-15). I can easily see him being a 30-30 guy playing on a team that actually tries to use him on the same line for more then 5 games... NYI/Pittsburgh/Detroit/Ottawa would be ideal especially since I'm sure he would sign for 3.5-4 if given at least 2 years. He would be dumb not to hold out the one player left that has anything on him (Doan) . I would want him back on the Habs for 3.75 x 2-3 years but I know that we burned this bridge...Gauthier I hate you.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 12:07 AM
RehnX

Quote:
You bet your ass that Poile and even ownership were involved in that decision to suspend them! You can try to swing the discussion towards me all you want, it's not about me but about those two idiots who let their team down. Until someone gets the truth about this whole story, I'll give Nashville's management more credit than Kostitsyn's fanboys. Poile and Trotz are not stupid.
I could link to the interviews with Poile where he said game 4 was up to Trotz. But you would ignore it, because these idiot morons were out a little past curfew, and that should be grounds for banishment not only from the NHL, but earth as well.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 08-27-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: off-topic
RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Because it's unlikely he receives an offer in the NHL. His last fiasco in Nashville in the playoffs may have been the last nail in the coffin.

Also, is there a credible link somewhere that he refused major money from the KHL or is that a pipe dream from his supporters?
We miss out on Doan and I have no qualms signing Kostitsyn for a year or two at 3m per. He either gels with Kesler and we get a physical and more consistent version of Raymond or maybe he works on the third line for some extra offense. If not, what's the harm? This coming from one of his biggest critics on the Habs board.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
So you have called him bozo, idiot and dump in only 1 thread. You can believe in what you want. That sky is green and water is not liquid. But I don't believe you can insult players that you don't like. This two guys has made it to NHL and were drafted in 1-st round. Have you done better? Did you achieve more in your life than any of them? Do you do your job better than them? I'm not the first user who tells you to keep quite and give some respect to the players you're talking about and especially other posters. Trust me it will at least look like you're grown up and not some kind of frustrated teenager.
And this one my favorite
That I disrespect those players is based on what they have done. Yes, I have done as well in my life at what I do and that, with integrity and respect for my coworkers, superiors and employees and when I retire in 10-15 years or so, after a long career, I will be proud of what I've accomplished. Now that you've detracted the topic towards me, away from the true problem, those two individuals who think they're bigger than their team, does it make what they did go away? I didn't think so.

I know that people will keep on defending Radulov and Kostitsyn no matter what and that's fine. It's a choice that they make and soldiers have lost their lives to allow them to do just that. But they've also lost their lives to allow me to believe in Nashville's management's intelligence as well.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:11 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
That I disrespect those players is based on what they have done. Yes, I have done as well in my life at what I do and that, with integrity and respect for my coworkers, superiors and employees and when I retire in 10-15 years or so, after a long career, I will be proud of what I've accomplished. Now that you've detracted the topic towards me, away from the true problem, those two individuals who think they're bigger than their team, does it make what they did go away? I didn't think so.

I know that people will keep on defending Radulov and Kostitsyn no matter what and that's fine. It's a choice that they make and soldiers have lost their lives to allow them to do just that. But they've also lost their lives to allow me to believe in Nashville's management's intelligence as well.
oh, come on man...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Still hoping to see him back with the Habs. Well, not that I think there is any actual "hope", I'm sure the Habs aren't looking at him. But I do find it interesting that he hasn't made a decision yet. It isn't like Doan with Phoenix ties and the whole ownership issue there hanging over his head. The market isn't getting any better during a lockout. He should by now have had ample opportunity to choose between whatever the best KHL offer is and whatever the best offer from the NHL is. Likely, the NHL offer has been significantly below what he was hoping for. But it's not like it's going to get better now. Maybe he waited too long and any offers are off the table.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Still hoping to see him back with the Habs. Well, not that I think there is any actual "hope", I'm sure the Habs aren't looking at him. But I do find it interesting that he hasn't made a decision yet. It isn't like Doan with Phoenix ties and the whole ownership issue there hanging over his head. The market isn't getting any better during a lockout. He should by now have had ample opportunity to choose between whatever the best KHL offer is and whatever the best offer from the NHL is. Likely, the NHL offer has been significantly below what he was hoping for. But it's not like it's going to get better now. Maybe he waited too long and any offers are off the table.
Besides Doan, Bergevin said he had no interest in any UFA lefts out there, so I think it's pretty safe to assume Kostitsyn ain't coming back

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Besides Doan, Bergevin said he had no interest in any UFA lefts out there, so I think it's pretty safe to assume Kostitsyn ain't coming back
Hence why "I'm sure the Habs aren't looking at him". But he's a good player, if you temper your expectations appropriately, and the Habs are a good player short up front IMHO, so I'd like to have him back. That's why I believe he must also have had some other offers from other teams too. Lowball offers, probably, hopefully he hasn't lost his chance.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Avim86

Quote:
His agent is Don Meehan and I'm sure Meehan told him to wait for Doan to sign so he can get fair value 3-4M rather then 1.5-2.5M offers I'm sure he has been receiving.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:24 PM
MrMariusz

Wish Nashville would come to their senses and get him back. Poor management in this case.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:33 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Wish Nashville would come to their senses and get him back. Poor management in this case.
Wasn't there something like Anderi didn't want to come back after the incidents they had there?

Though for the right money..

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
His agent is Don Meehan and I'm sure Meehan told him to wait for Doan to sign so he can get fair value 3-4M rather then 1.5-2.5M offers I'm sure he has been receiving.
Which probably made sense up to a point. Now, with a couple of weeks left before the lockout and no surety that Doan will finally sign to end the impasse, maybe it would have been smarter for AK to just take the best lowball offer, rather than try to tie his fate to Doan in this dicey environment.

Or maybe that won't turn out to be a problem and AK will sign promptly thereafter anyway. Who knows. I hope it turns out ok for AK now.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Avim86

I can see him signing short term 2-3 seasons at 2 for 7.5 or 3 for 11.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:49 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
The fact theres a strong chance of a lockout probably has a lot to do with it. He'll probably sign a 1 year KHL deal.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
The fact theres a strong chance of a lockout probably has a lot to do with it. He'll probably sign a 1 year KHL deal.
Maybe , but he has never expressed a desire to play in the KHL.
His brother is in the NHL , he has made friends in North America by now
playing 3 years in AHL and 5 years in the NHL.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:53 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Which probably made sense up to a point. Now, with a couple of weeks left before the lockout and no surety that Doan will finally sign to end the impasse, maybe it would have been smarter for AK to just take the best lowball offer, rather than try to tie his fate to Doan in this dicey environment.

Or maybe that won't turn out to be a problem and AK will sign promptly thereafter anyway. Who knows. I hope it turns out ok for AK now.
Well doan's agent said september 15th is deadline. They fear removal of front loaded deals and signing bonuses so they want to sign before it gets potentially removed.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote