HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Camp Invites

Old
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
http://www.csnbayarea.com/hockey-san...9&feedID=10290

Quote:
Samsonovís agent, Neil Abbott, told CSNCalifornia.com in an email on Monday that he is speaking with several teams and expects those talks to continue into September.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
samsonov is an idiot if he is going to wait till september, by then the league/gm's will have a much better idea of if there will be a lockout.

its not like samsonov is a super star who is waiting for the big deal, he is a 3rd liner who if there is a lockout won't be in high demand in the nhl after it comes back.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:41 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
samsonov is an idiot if he is going to wait till september, by then the league/gm's will have a much better idea of if there will be a lockout.

its not like samsonov is a super star who is waiting for the big deal, he is a 3rd liner who if there is a lockout won't be in high demand in the nhl after it comes back.
Sounds like wherever he ends up, it's only a PTO he's been offered, not a contract ready-to-go.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Kitten Mittons

I'm sure Samsonov will sign with a team that offers him the most playing time, which won't be the Sharks unless we make some false promises. This off-season suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 04:52 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Sounds like wherever he ends up, it's only a PTO he's been offered, not a contract ready-to-go.
Still could be negotiating for a NHL deal or negotiating on what it would be if he makes the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I'm sure Samsonov will sign with a team that offers him the most playing time, which won't be the Sharks unless we make some false promises. This off-season suuuuuuuuuuucks.
I really don't think any NHL GM would "promise" playing time to a player that did not even play last season. If i'm him, i'd want a team that will give me a chance based on camp/play to make the team and then once on it the play if i'm good enough. This is the way the sharks are, the best players end up playing, they don't care who you are.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 06:01 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
Still could be negotiating for a NHL deal or negotiating on what it would be if he makes the team.

I really don't think any NHL GM would "promise" playing time to a player that did not even play last season. If i'm him, i'd want a team that will give me a chance based on camp/play to make the team and then once on it the play if i'm good enough. This is the way the sharks are, the best players end up playing, they don't care who you are.
Still, I think if he made the team there is a really good argument to be made for him getting some of the most playing time in a position for him to succeed with the Sharks. We have a terrible 3rd line and therefore he'd be almost assured a position there.

On another note, where do you think our third line ranks vs all the other teams? Can anyone think of a worse 3rd line than ours?

BrianSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:04 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Still, I think if he made the team there is a really good argument to be made for him getting some of the most playing time in a position for him to succeed with the Sharks. We have a terrible 3rd line and therefore he'd be almost assured a position there.

On another note, where do you think our third line ranks vs all the other teams? Can anyone think of a worse 3rd line than ours?
I agree, we have a 3rd line/depth winger need with playing time if he can out play the rest of the bottom 6 wingers. If he's in shape and can / wants to play should be easy for him.

Among playoff caliber teams i think our 3rd line is in the bottom 1/3.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Korolyuk15

Samsonov would be great, has amazing hands

I personally would love to see Sturm get a chance to earn a contract (DW should be willing to try anything at this point to fix the penalty kill....)

Also Huselius could add a little offensive firepower to the 3rd/2nd line if he can prove he is healthy and stay that way

Lastly, a quick boo to all the naysayers, Kostitsyn would be a great addition to this team, but sadly it will never happen because he isn't the sort of player DW signs....

Korolyuk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 08:16 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
Samsonov would be great, has amazing hands

I personally would love to see Sturm get a chance to earn a contract (DW should be willing to try anything at this point to fix the penalty kill....)

Also Huselius could add a little offensive firepower to the 3rd/2nd line if he can prove he is healthy and stay that way

Lastly, a quick boo to all the naysayers, Kostitsyn would be a great addition to this team, but sadly it will never happen because he isn't the sort of player DW signs....
I'll play.... sign Kostitsyn, Samsonov, and have a third line of:

Samsonov - Wingels - Kostitsyn (I believe he prefers the right side)

That's leaps and bounds better than what we currently have...

or...

Huselius - Wingels - Kostitsyn

... all in all I'd be down to sign him. I'd say the addition of skill is worth the locker room risk... at least if the goal is to win the SC. We have a mature enough room that if they can't handle AK then we have bigger problems.

Still, AK doesn't fit into the type of player I'd expect DW to sign so I wouldn't count on it.

BrianSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 09:09 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
It's been hinted that Huselius is going back to Sweden.

I'm was pretty surprised by that. He's definitely NHL caliber when healthy, and I would assume he's not planning on playing injured in Sweden.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
I'll play.... sign Kostitsyn, Samsonov, and have a third line of:

Samsonov - Wingels - Kostitsyn (I believe he prefers the right side)

That's leaps and bounds better than what we currently have...

or...

Huselius - Wingels - Kostitsyn

... all in all I'd be down to sign him. I'd say the addition of skill is worth the locker room risk... at least if the goal is to win the SC. We have a mature enough room that if they can't handle AK then we have bigger problems.

Still, AK doesn't fit into the type of player I'd expect DW to sign so I wouldn't count on it.
those 3rd lines would be such a huge improvement, plus finally provides the option for a 3rd liner to step up to the top 6 if someone goes down...

However, as you say, Kostitsyn is 100% not a DW player, and I don't think Huselius is either...was surprised to hear about samsonov to be honest...

Lets play what do all three players have in common that makes them not DW players? haha

Old
08-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
those 3rd lines would be such a huge improvement, plus finally provides the option for a 3rd liner to step up to the top 6 if someone goes down...

However, as you say, Kostitsyn is 100% not a DW player, and I don't think Huselius is either...was surprised to hear about samsonov to be honest...

Lets play what do all three players have in common that makes them not DW players? haha
1 russian, 1 belarus, 1 sweden. nope not where they were born.

2 injury prone players, 1 healthy player. nope not health.

2 team players, 1 not team player. nope not how they play with others.

i really see no comparison of why they wouldn't be wilson guys.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
1 russian, 1 belarus, 1 sweden. nope not where they were born.

2 injury prone players, 1 healthy player. nope not health.

2 team players, 1 not team player. nope not how they play with others.

i really see no comparison of why they wouldn't be wilson guys.
the answer I was looking for was non-north American players who like to play a skill based game (although Kostitsyn actually is quite a physical player) :-)

This is in contrast to players like Moore, Winnik, Brown, Winchester, Eager, Mayers, Nichol, Shelly, Moen, Grier and all the others who have been brought in to fail on the 3rd line the past few years...

Although, that being said, Hertl was a non-standard pick, and DW did trade Heatley for Havlat, so maybe I'm just too harsh and am still bitter they let Korolyuk go...haha

Old
08-29-2012, 03:19 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
It's been hinted that Huselius is going back to Sweden.

I'm was pretty surprised by that. He's definitely NHL caliber when healthy, and I would assume he's not planning on playing injured in Sweden.
He'd be a good try out/camp invite if he's healthy.

Not the first player to get screwed by the team's medical staff.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
TheUndertow40Six2

Quote:
Although, that being said, Hertl was a non-standard pick, and DW did trade Heatley for Havlat, so maybe I'm just too harsh and am still bitter they let Korolyuk go...haha
It wasn't us letting him go, but a case of not being able to hang onto him. Korolyuk left the Sharks for a bigger paycheck in the KHL. It's my understanding that his wife was the main factor behind his decision.

TheUndertow40Six2 is offline   Reply With Quote