HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton - Montreal

Old
08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
One bad season after winning the cup and hfboards does the usual and goes full ******.

Nah I would hold onto the 50pt dman.
Depends the offer of course but habs shouldn't be dying to move him for scraps.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

vCash: 500
Kaberle can still put up 40-45 points, don't want to move him for a scrub 4th liner, we have enough.
If we really want to move Kaberle, trade him at the deadline to a top playoff team and we'll get a much better return

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Jamin

Quote:
One bad season after winning the cup and hfboards does the usual and goes full ******.

Unless...whats that...he was garbage during the playoffs and Bruins fans were routinely slagging him, all to happy to see him leave. In Toronto the Kaberle watchs were almost as bad as the drama with Sundin but guess what HF hated him then.

So more so. HF hated him, he had a bad season but happened to win a cup, had another bad season and HF still hated him. But now because he is on Montreal HF is just full of idiots and he is a top 4 50 point dman even though the only time he has managed to not be a minas player in modern times is 24 regular season hockey games with the Bruins.

Im the oilers. I have 1st unit pp time available and sheltered minutes. Do I give it to the rookie free agent who signed with the team known for his offence and keep my penalty killing faceoff winning 3rd/4th line center.

Or I give this first unit pp time with sheltered minutes to a 34 year old bouncing around the league since he left his safe spot of toronto who has said in the past he has less then zero interest in playing in the west. Oh and ignoring he is old and has no potential like Schultz the team has to create a whole to aquire him.

Why are Hab fans surprised Oilers dont want the deal?

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
kaberle would be the best offensive defenceman in Edmonton....
Avg more then 40 points in his last 3 season and always top 30 in the NHL
Ryan Whitney is better now, even with his messed up wheel. Kaberle of three years ago was a different player than Kaberle of the last two years. That Kaberle I wouldn't take for free.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
So more so. HF hated him, he had a bad season but happened to win a cup, had another bad season and HF still hated him. But now because he is on Montreal HF is just full of idiots and he is a top 4 50 point dman even though the only time he has managed to not be a minas player in modern times is 24 regular season hockey games with the Bruins.
Hmm, well Toronto fans at one point sure loved him (for valid reasons). Right now, I don't think you'd find many Habs fans who like him, or who think he is a top-4 50 point dman, however. Habs fans generally don't like him. But we're mostly "quietly resigned" to keeping him, and valuing him ever-so-slight-above zero (on average). On June 30th I would have given him negative value. On August 27th, given what has subsequently transpired, he edges back into the black. Barely.

But I don't think it's representative to take our lukewarm defense of him in the context of the proposed trade as any ringing endorsement. In general. There are always a few individuals who see things differently, but if you surveyed all of Habdom outside the context of this trade proposal, I don't think you'd come away with any remotely positive impression of Kaberle.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:56 PM
kingdok
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Im the oilers. I have 1st unit pp time available and sheltered minutes. Do I give it to the rookie free agent who signed with the team known for his offence and keep my penalty killing faceoff winning 3rd/4th line center.

Or I give this first unit pp time with sheltered minutes to a 34 year old bouncing around the league since he left his safe spot of toronto who has said in the past he has less then zero interest in playing in the west. Oh and ignoring he is old and has no potential like Schultz the team has to create a whole to aquire him.
You give it to the one that work the PP best and have the most success. Be it because he's better, healthier, readier, whatever. Simple. If Schultz works out, great, if not, Kaberle's there.

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Ryan Whitney is better now, even with his messed up wheel. Kaberle of three years ago was a different player than Kaberle of the last two years. That Kaberle I wouldn't take for free.
Kaberle finish 13th two years ago in scoring for defenceman and was + 4. He had won the cup with Boston being 1st in point and + 8. Only last year in Carolina for 30 games he did bad after the trade he was okay defensively but very good with the puck...

Kaberle will rebound this year and finish again in the top 20 offensively.

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:10 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Unless...whats that...he was garbage during the playoffs and Bruins fans were routinely slagging him, all to happy to see him leave. In Toronto the Kaberle watchs were almost as bad as the drama with Sundin but guess what HF hated him then.

Problem is your 1st unit PP doesn't have a Dman that can quarter the PP.Your young players could benifit from learning from Kabs on how to quarterback the PP.For what Kabs brings offensively his contract is fine. I have no problem keeping him.I sure as hell don't want to trade him for the garbage thats being offered for him.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Traded to a new team thatplays entirely different and he doesn't catch fire immediatly? Must be garbage. Didn't boston try to re-sign him but they couldn't come to terms on money? What a terrible player.

He has always been an offensive dman hence the +/-, if you can't see his value that speaks more to your hockey knowledge (or lack thereof) than Kaberles play.

I am not shocked the oilers don't want him, same fans who wanted rid of Cole right? Another old player bouncing around the league.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:

Did you watch him in the playoffs with the Bruins? He did not play well.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gazur voit View Post
You give it to the one that work the PP best and have the most success. Be it because he's better, healthier, readier, whatever. Simple. If Schultz works out, great, if not, Whitney's there.
Fixed. (Nevermind Potter is an option too)

Old
08-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Problem is your 1st unit PP doesn't have a Dman that can quarter the PP.Your young players could benifit from learning from Kabs on how to quarterback the PP.For what Kabs brings offensively his contract is fine. I have no problem keeping him.I sure as hell don't want to trade him for the garbage thats being offered for him.
Did Whitney die in a horrible accident and nobody tell me. What about Potter and Petry did something terrible happen to them too? Seriously we don't need a PP defenseman even if Schultz isn't ready for the role.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gazur voit View Post
You give it to the one that work the PP best and have the most success. Be it because he's better, healthier, readier, whatever. Simple. If Schultz works out, great, if not, Kaberle's there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Fixed. (Nevermind Potter is an option too)

hmm Oilers 3rd best pp in the league
Potter 62 GP 1PP G 11PP A
Whitney 51 GP-2PP G 8 PP A
N.Schultz 62 GP-1PPG O PP A

Habs 28th best PP in the league
Kabs 43 GP 1 PP G 11 PP A

J.Schultz is no wheres ready to be your go to guy on the PP.

No Looks like you couldn't used Kabs on your potent PP on the backend.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:

A top 4 50 point d-man? Since we're making up stories. RNH is apparently going to shatter gretzky's records according to Oiler fans. Yup, that's right, neither happened.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Did you watch him in the playoffs with the Bruins? He did not play well.
I will slow this down for you. 25 games or 974 games?

Which one do you think an intelligent human being would judge the mans true playing level upon?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
mytor4*

Quote:

So more so. HF hated him, he had a bad season but happened to win a cup, had another bad season and HF still hated him. But now because he is on Montreal HF is just full of idiots and he is a top 4 50 point dman EVEN THOUGH THE ONLY TIME HE HAS MANAGE TO NOT BE A MINUS PLAYER IN MORDERN TIMES IS 24 REGULAR SEASON HOCKEY WITH THE BRUINS.

Glad to see your t top scoring Dman had such great plus/minus
Whitney -16 Potter-16,Petry-7

Old
08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
I will slow this down for you. 25 games or 974 games?

Which one do you think an intelligent human being would judge the mans true playing level upon?
25 games? So last year doesn't count? This is a player past his prime at this point expecting him to recapture his glory is very optimistic, and with his contract optimism shouldn't be an option. An intelligent person has to consider how he projects not just his career averages (duh), at 34 and given his past few seasons his projection is on a downward spiral. This isn't a guy in his mid to late 20's, his prime performances are past him. 2 seasons of mediocre to poor performances combined with his age and contract make him signifcantly less valuable than his prime seasons would indicate. Based on this logic shouldn't you be in a rush to sign Colin White as a shutdown defenseman and Daymond Langkow for the 2nd line?

Even in his last couple years in Toronto his defensive game was being often questioned. And as much as one could argue Kaberle's career indicates he's better than what he's shown on his last 3 teams the same could easily be said for Belanger.

Old
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
mytor4*

Why the hell does this kelloggs crave logo keep popping up on my page.
It covers half my page .How do stop this crap?

Old
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
25 games? So last year doesn't count? This is a player past his prime at this point expecting him to recapture his glory is very optimistic, and with his contract optimism shouldn't be an option. An intelligent person has to consider how he projects not just his career averages (duh), at 34 and given his past few seasons his projection is on a downward spiral. This isn't a guy in his mid to late 20's, his prime performances are past him. 2 seasons of mediocre to poor performances combined with his age and contract make him signifcantly less valuable than his prime seasons would indicate. Based on this logic shouldn't you be in a rush to sign Colin White as a shutdown defenseman and Daymond Langkow for the 2nd line?

Even in his last couple years in Toronto his defensive game was being often questioned. And as much as one could argue Kaberle's career indicates he's better than what he's shown on his last 3 teams the same could easily be said for Belanger.

The same could be said about Whitney but you seem not to think so by some of your post.
As for Belanger. He was never that good in the first place.
Kabs easily >>Belanger and most know it.

Old
08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
tempest2i
You and Whose Army?

Quote:
The same could be said about Whitney but you seem not to think so by some of your post.
Sure.

But I'd much rather have Belanger on my team because he's cheaper.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 08:01 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Taking a team accomplishment that a player had almost nothing to do with and using it to justify that player's ability is going full ******.

1st in points for defenceman and 2nd in team assist, he must have nothing to do with the SC ring.....

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 08:02 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Taking a team accomplishment that a player had almost nothing to do with and using it to justify that player's ability is going full ******.
You mean when he was tied for the top scoring D-man on the team and also was the player with the most PP PTS on his team.Ya he had nothing to do with the team winning.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
1st in points for defenceman and 2nd in team assist, he must have nothing to do with the SC ring.....

ssssh.leading your team in from the backend while having the 2nd most assist and having the most PP pts means nothing.
Now what has Belanger done.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:25 PM
McVespa99

Quote:
ssssh.leading your team in from the backend while having the 2nd most assist and having the most PP pts means nothing.
Now what has Belanger done.
Isnt the issue with Kabs that he can score some points but is even easier to score against? Offensive numbers look good for a defenceman but not if he cant play defence.

McVespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Ryan Whitney is 29, so in his prime still. Whitney in 10-11 prior to getting hurt was having the best season of his career. He has also come back from a fairly significant ankle surgery before, although i'm not overly optimistic he can do so this time. I have no idea what my post infered in regards to Whitney. My point is we have Whitney who shares a similar skillset to Kaberle, so why would we trade for Kaberle? I said nothing as to what i expect in the future from Whitney. Even going by last season Whitney can still pass the puck and help a PP.

Kaberle is a bottom pairing puck mover borderline PP specialist (which btw is how i would describe Whitney, although Whitney is at an age where a bounceback is still possible and declined because of injury unlike Kaberle). You don't pay 4.25 for two more years for a guy who is a liability in his own zone. At least with Belanger he's paid like a bottom 6er and is only a season removed from his best year of his career. And at least with Belanger he can fill a role the team needs. Kaberle may be a better player, and i don't think that's for certain, but at the end of the day is a lot less valuable. Kaberle has negative value because he's paid to be something he isn't. Belanger isn't overpaid an obscene amount, therefore he has more value.