HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #11

View Poll Results: #11
Brett Ponich, D 2 4.76%
Sam Kurker, RW 9 21.43%
Joel Edmundson, D 5 11.90%
MacKenzie MacEachern, LW 1 2.38%
Dmitrij Jaskin, RW 2 4.76%
Jori Lehtera, C 7 16.67%
Yannick Veilleux, LW 0 0%
Evgeny Grachev, C/LW 16 38.10%
Sergei Andronov, RW 0 0%
Cody Beach, RW 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-27-2012, 10:40 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
LOL!!! I guess he was!!! I remember back than that I was worried that Pietrangelo wasn't that interested in ice hockey and wanted to possibly pursue other things -- all according to a post-draft interview. It wasn't a big deal, but he made it seem that ice hockey wasn't everything in his life and he still had to decide in which direction to go. For a fan that was a lot of hand wringing, but for him it was a very healthy thing to do. He chose ice hockey for now.

However, the Blues' scouting staff is due for another Schwarz-like bust. Not saying Schwartz is gonna bust, but simply playing the contrarian gnat.
You mean Schmaltz, right? God I hope those 2 make it, and it would be a miracle if Schwarz comes back and plays amazing, and we sign Jaden's brother and he lights it up. Listening to our announcers try and keep up, would seriously be the funny **** ever.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:43 AM
STL fan in IA

vCash: 500
Quote:
He's responding to my superficial argument about Schwartz being a skinny punk who is three years away. My comment about Schwartz was in reference as to why he was voted the #6 Blues prospect. He's not even in my Top-12, but I understand why he's much further up in the majority's eyes.
Schwartz=/=Schmaltz.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:48 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You mean Schmaltz, right? God I hope those 2 make it, and it would be a miracle if Schwarz comes back and plays amazing, and we sign Jaden's brother and he lights it up. Listening to our announcers try and keep up, would seriously be the funny **** ever.
Schwarz with the save, rebound to Schmaltz, passes it up to Schwartz, across to Schwartz, who drops it off to Schmaltz, slapshot wide, but Schwartz with the puck. Back to Schmaltz at the point, down to Schwartz at the half-boards, who feeds it in front for Schwartz, who shoots and scores! Thank you thank you thank you!

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:57 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
LOL!!! I guess he was!!! I remember back than that I was worried that Pietrangelo wasn't that interested in ice hockey and wanted to possibly pursue other things -- all according to a post-draft interview. It wasn't a big deal, but he made it seem that ice hockey wasn't everything in his life and he still had to decide in which direction to go. For a fan that was a lot of hand wringing, but for him it was a very healthy thing to do. He chose ice hockey for now.

However, the Blues' scouting staff is due for another Schwarz-like bust. Not saying Schwartz is gonna bust, but simply playing the contrarian gnat.
I remember an exchange where Pietro was bragging about a WJC victory, and Erik Johnson said something about being more concerned about winning the Stanley Cup. Wow, that conversation looks irrelevant now.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
DOH! Schmaltz!!!

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:42 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
I don't think any of us are world-class scouts, otherwise that's what we'd be doing and not talking about it here.

My general rule of thumb is rate players with high ceilings high, until they show that it is doubtful that they reach that ceiling. Schmaltz IMO is a high prospect because his ceiling is something similar to Mike Green. I put him ahead of Fairchild because even though Fairchild seems like a lock to be a NHL regular, he will only play a Kris Russell role. Grachev will be very low for me because he isn't productive enough for the top 9 and isn't suited for the 4th line.
I think it's interesting that many of us seem to have differing methods at how we arrive at our selections.

Old
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I remember an exchange where Pietro was bragging about a WJC victory, and Erik Johnson said something about being more concerned about winning the Stanley Cup. Wow, that conversation looks irrelevant now.
Sure does! We all say the weirdest **** sometimes.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
RE: Nigro

He's another hard-worker who will get his shot at spot duty in the NHL if he keeps it up. Again, it might not be with the Blues, but I could see him choosing to sign elsewhere following this upcoming season (his ELC expires).
If the Blues don't qualify him (like they failed to do with Nick Drazenovic a couple of years back), I could see Nigro going elsewhere. The Blues gambled that Drazenovic would jot be anything more than an AHL depth guy, and so far that gamble looks to be paying off for the Blues. Drazenovic was a point-per-game player in Columbus' system last year, but only played 41 games for Springfield of the AHL (13 G, 28 A, plus-1, 16 PM), and has not seen NHL ice since getting a cup of coffee with the Blues in 2010-11.

I would expect the Blues to at least give Nigro a QO, however, if he continues to progress this year as much as he did last year.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote