HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl -edm

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Be a Hab

vCash: 500
Mtl -edm

MTL : P.K Subban+

EDM : Jordan Eberle

OK I'm a habs fan and this is a trade I would do. I think MTL would have to ADD something but I also believe this fills a need for both teams.

MTL have Young good D-propects comming up in the system Tinordi,Beaulieu and need more top end forward talent like Eberle moving forward

EDM have a amazing group of young top elite fowards(the best in the nhl) but I beleive they need a top pairing d-men to make them a more complete team I have a feeling EDM will not want to make this deal but maybe we could agree on the + going with subban to even it out

Last edited by Be a Hab: 08-27-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

vCash: 50
I'd do straight up Subban for Eberle.

If MTL have to add they say no, if EDM has to add they say no.

Montreal has no one even close to replacing Subban if he got dealt, and I think Edmonton are perfectly fine with holding on to Eberle.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Tbh, I'll do as if we could live without Subban. My question is can Eberle play LW, because Habs are pretty much set at RW or unproven Centers that can be decent RW with Cole, Gionta, Leblanc & Gallagher are all top 6 or future top 6 RW. Anyways I don't think Beaulieu, Tinordi or Ellis are nhl ready and I doubt they'll be able to eat Subban's minutes. Who will do it with Gorges ? Markov? Too risky imo, but some may disagree

Old
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Roof Daddy

Giant no from E-town. Hall's BFF, grew up an Oiler fan, plus the Lorne Davis connection.... oh, and he's really good.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Interesting trade for sure, I think it's pretty fair too.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:38 PM
StringerBell

Both teams rightfully decline.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

I feel that they would rather MaxPac, a PWF for thier top 6. You would still have to add though

Old
08-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Be a Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Tbh, I'll do as if we could live without Subban. My question is can Eberle play LW, because Habs are pretty much set at RW or unproven Centers that can be decent RW with Cole, Gionta, Leblanc & Gallagher are all top 6 or future top 6 RW. Anyways I don't think Beaulieu, Tinordi or Ellis are nhl ready and I doubt they'll be able to eat Subban's minutes. Who will do it with Gorges ? Markov? Too risky imo, but some may disagree

I disagree with some of your arguments I agree that MTL defense would be pretty krappy but maybe we could sign a d-men cheap to fill a hole and some minutes and I'm not sold that leblanc and gallagher are top 6 forwards and gionta and cole are not exactly young anymore but they are still productive players.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:46 PM
LyricalLyricist

Nah. Eberle is great but habs have core players in each position:

Wing-Pacioretty
Center-Galchenyuk
D-Subban
G-Price

Add in Emelin, Eller, Desharnais and so on and habs are rounding out their team. We certainly improve our wing position with eberle but our D suffers.

It's best habs keep a balanced approach until they have a surplus of talent. Right now, they are in a transition and most of their top guys are vets.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:46 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Thanks but no thanks from an Oilers fan.

Eberle has shown great chemistry with Hall and RNH. I'd like to see that continue.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:50 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1599
yet another Subben offer to Edmonton--I am schocked

still do not want him on my team

Old
08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
No way. If Edmonton's moving Eberle, it's for a more significant upgrade than Subban.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post

Don't worry you'll never get him.You don't really have much to offer.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:14 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

"Subban +" ?
IMO, that would have to be one heck of a "+"

The only reason I could see the Oilers doing this trade would be if they understood that they were overpaying to fill a need, and were at peace with it.

Eberle >>> Subban, despite defencemen commanding more value in trades. The "plus" that Montreal would have to pay would have to be quite siginficant, just from a value standpoint.

I'm sure Edmonton can find a top-3 defenceman elsewhere without having to move their best player.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:18 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm not interested in the least in such a move happening. Montreal would have to pay a lot more to get Ebs.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Miller Time

not the least bit enticing from Montreal's pov.

Eberle is talented and I'd love to have him on my team, but replacing Subban with him does not make montreal any better of a hockey team, period.

Conversely, I think (especially with Yakupov coming in), you could very easily argue that Subban-Eberle swap leaves the Oilers better off.

So even if, from a pure player value pov, Eberle is arguably worth a bit more than Subban (much less than some suggest in this thread, imo), from a hockey pov the Habs would be stupid to pay that price while ending up with a less effective team.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:25 PM
zeus3007*

You don't want to know what the + on top of PK would have to be.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:38 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

None of the Fab 4 will be leaving Edmonton barring a ridiculous overpayment. Subban is nice, but I'd rather keep Eberle.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

lol, edmonton fans and montreal fans will never agree. Terrible trading partners here. I don't do subban for eberle as it is. They don't do it for subban either. Complete opposite, terrible partners.

Old
08-27-2012, 10:04 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
lol, edmonton fans and montreal fans will never agree. Terrible trading partners here. I don't do subban for eberle as it is. They don't do it for subban either. Complete opposite, terrible partners.
Agreed. Both players are too important to their respective teams, and neither team would be willing to add.

IMO it would be better to keep Subban in Montreal and Eberle in Edmonton.

Old
08-27-2012, 10:12 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You would think Hab fans by know would know Oilers fans want nothing to do with PK Subban. Every time a former hab comes to Edmonton, he turns out to be more trouble then he's worth.

Old
08-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post

Still don't want to trade him.

To the OP, I have no interest in moving Subban, he simply can't be replaced right now and Eberle doesn't really provide the upgrade we need at forward to offset his loss.

Old
08-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Hugo Sham

so Eberle is God after one season? where's Dryden with his his Subban top-15 d man stats? at least B fans give subban the loving he deserves.
lol
neither team does this

Old
08-27-2012, 10:42 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
so Eberle is God after one season? where's Dryden with his his Subban top-15 d man stats? at least B fans give subban the loving he deserves.
lol
neither team does this
Bruins fans also probably watch a lot more of Subban than Oiler fans do.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:19 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
MTL : P.K Subban+

EDM : Jordan Eberle

OK I'm a habs fan and this is a trade I would do. I think MTL would have to ADD something but I also believe this fills a need for both teams.

MTL have Young good D-propects comming up in the system Tinordi,Beaulieu and need more top end forward talent like Eberle moving forward

EDM have a amazing group of young top elite fowards(the best in the nhl) but I beleive they need a top pairing d-men to make them a more complete team I have a feeling EDM will not want to make this deal but maybe we could agree on the + going with subban to even it out

I dont like the negative question marks that seem to hang around PK, therefore I would only trade for him on a serious underpay from Edmontons side. Which Eberle is not. Eberle is the anti-PK. No issues or questions. Just solid all star level production. So a no for me.

Closed Thread