HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5 Gut-Feeling Predictions on the Kings

Old
08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
BringTheReign

vCash: 500
5 Gut-Feeling Predictions on the Kings

http://thehockeywriters.com/shj/5-gu...-on-the-kings/

While it's not an in-depth piece, it's a nice quick read and he makes an interesting point about Brown in this upcoming season. Hope you guys enjoy.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:15 PM
MsWoof

I don't understand the comment about Richards being comfortable this year. He was doing very well until the concussion so comfort had nothing to do with his drop in points. If he had started off slow, that would be a different story.

If Carter doesn't score a ton of goals but continues to play a prominent defensive role like he did this year, I'm fine with it. I love the 2 way play from this team and as a whole, that's very important.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Gagne , finally healthy, is going to have a big year

Kopitar reaches elite status and cracks the 40 goal plateau

The Dwight of Kings continues his playoff scoring and pots 15-20 this year.

Even though he doesn't play much, Kevin Westgarth writes a heartfelt ballad about his Jack Russell Terrier and sells a million records.

Darryl Sutter smiles once during Game 42

Last edited by Bad Will Hunting: 08-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 11:45 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Interesting stuff about Brown.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

I didn't think much of the article.

The Kings are built for the playoffs. Just by saying "it's anybody's game" because the Kings were in the 8th seed basically equates that the writer failed to do his homework.

I just don't get it. How many times have I repeated the same refrain? Which is...

...the Kings went 13-5-3 to close out the season. That was a righteous run but even that paled in comparison to how they turned it on in the playoffs.

Still, a 29-9-3 mark in their last 41 games represents a sustained run that is not a "flash in the pan." I expect some really good things this upcoming season.

Hockey writers should be more informed before they give out their opinion. At least maybe ask some knowledgeable Kings fans to review their prose before sending it out. If he had done that, I could have told him not only the above information but also to not to forget how the Kings turned an awful offensive effort to the league's best to close out the season and still averaged 2.85 goals per playoff game vs. 1.5 allowed.

08-28-2012, 09:58 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

1. Saying Penner will get 20 goals and 45 points is just saying he'll get back to about what a typical season is for Penner. Take off his career best year and his career worst year (last year for the latter) and he's a 25 goal, 45 point guy. Should be capable of more, but he won't.

2. Richards will be better because he won't be dealing with a concussion this year (hopefully, knock on wood), plus having his BFF on the wing will only help.

3. Bernier's value isn't dictated by Quick's contract. He'll be traded, when the time is right, for a proper return. Rinne's contract length didn't afffect Lindback's return, and Quick's won't impact Bernier's. We'll get a couple of good draft picks or a decent pick and a solid prospect, or Bernier for a veteran player straight up. But value won't be affected by Quick in any way.

4. Yes, the playoffs are anyone's game. To a point. The way the writer writes this, it's as if the regular season is just for show and to weed out a few teams before the real season starts. As Ron pointed out, the Kings were amazing down the stretch once they fixed their need for offensive depth upfront (Carter trade) and ignoring that is just wrong. It's not 100% anyone's game, or teams like Detroit wouldn't make it a habit of going on runs to the 3rd or 4th round year after year.

5. He says Dustin Brown will see a spike in PIM's, but never says how or why. I don't see why he would. He's not going to be a different player. He may get more attention, but isn't that what Dustin Brown wants as well?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Scottkmlps

From what it looks to me, is the writer has a bad case of sour grapes towards the Kings.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
5. He says Dustin Brown will see a spike in PIM's, but never says how or why. I don't see why he would. He's not going to be a different player. He may get more attention, but isn't that what Dustin Brown wants as well?
I think the writer is insinuating diving calls...

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:05 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I think the writer is insinuating diving calls...
Could be.

That said, he really didn't dive much at all in the playoffs, so not sure where that's coming from. Be funny to see how much more Kesler gets called though after his highlight reel of dives from round one.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote