Notices

Ducks sign Lindholm to 3-year ELC

Old
07-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Disgruntled Goat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Norfolk fans would be absolutely spoiled to see a Lindholm-Vatanen pairing.

Disgruntled Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
This is true but many teams probably would like to wait. lol
I don't think Bob Murray wants to wait after the Schultz-fiasco...

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:57 AM
airforceones25

The Schultz situation is completely different. Are we to assume every prospect now never wants to play for us. It's obviously nice to get your guys signed early but it isn't necessary by any means.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:07 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

im not going to get ahead of myself here and say he now coming over and gonna make the team, i think it more likely they just want to sign him quick in a favorable situation let him have some more time on NA ice and in your systems, then send him back to the SEL where his devolpment has been great with his coach and h only get a spot if some one goes down for a long time imo, but even then he has to beat out competition for that im perfectly happy he signed and think let him continue that upward curve back in Sweden

DuckshaveaRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

He retweeted this: https://twitter.com/AlanHungover/sta...16614207766530

I think its fair to say that he`s officially a bust now

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

With the lockout coming up, how could that impact his possible stay in NA?

Personally, i`d want him to stay one year in Sweden elite league.
But, with so few defensemen signed for AHL, are we counting on him there?

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Eddie Shack

After seeing so many of this year's draft picks being signed across the league, I'm starting to wonder if the signings (including Lindholm) are related to getting ahead of the anticipated new CBA. As much as I do believe the team is high on him, it might never have been in the cards for him to play here this year anyway.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
After seeing so many of this year's draft picks being signed across the league, I'm starting to wonder if the signings (including Lindholm) are related to getting ahead of the anticipated new CBA. As much as I do believe the team is high on him, it might never have been in the cards for him to play here this year anyway.
No. It has to do with deadline for players in other leagues (such as the Swedish Elite League). They have much earlier deadlines then players in NA.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
No. It has to do with deadline for players in other leagues (such as the Swedish Elite League). They have much earlier deadlines then players in NA.
There have been way more North American players signed at this point this year than there was last year as well. It definitely appears to be CBA related.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
There have been way more North American players signed at this point this year than there was last year as well. It definitely appears to be CBA related.
Yes, this was my point. Players from NA as well are being signed. I know Lindholm had to be signed sooner because of the SEL agreement but that's only if they were going to sign him this year anyway. Most here seemed to think he would play in Sweden next year so I think it was a surprise to see him signed this year.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:28 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Yeah a lot of NA players have signed too.

Here's a post from when Matteau was signed
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
So far, 16 first round picks have signed while 14 remain unsigned (In addition, 4 second rounders: Martin Frk, Mitchell Heard, Alex Mallet and Ludvig Bystrom have signed contracts, though, Mallet and Heard were both older players when drafted).

The following first round picks have signed with their respective clubs
01. EDM: N.Yakupov
02. CBJ: R.Murray
03. MTL: A.Galchenyuk
04. NYI: G.Reinhart
05. TOR: M.Reilly
06. ANA: H.Lindholm
07. MIN: M.Dumba
11. WAS: F.Forsberg
12. BUF: M.Grigorenko
13. DAL: R.Faksa
14. BUF: Z.Girgensons
16. WAS: T.Wilson
20. PHI: S.Laughton
26. VAN: B.Gaunce
29. NJD: S.Matteau
30. LAK: T.Pearson

The following first round picks remain UNSIGNED
08. PIT: D.Pouliot
09. WPG: J.Trouba
10. TBL: S.Koekkoek
15. OTT: C.Ceci
17. SJS: T.Hertl
18. CHI: T.Teravainen
19. TBL: A.Vasilevski
21. CGY: M.Jankowski
22. PIT: O.Maatta
23. FLA: M.Matheson
24. BOS: M.Subban
25. STL: J.Schmaltz
27. PHX: H.Samuelsson
28. NYR: B.Skjei

In addition, all 30 first rounders from 2011 have signed their ELCs, while 16 of the 30 second rounders have also signed, well in advance of next June's deadline.
It seems a little odd, considering that one of the changes in the NHL's proposal was making the ELC 5 years. You would think teams would be more interested in waiting. Unless they're afraid the kids will jump somewhere else in a lockout? I think I read that the NHL-CHL agreement to not send kids to the AHL is also up for renewal. Could this also be factoring?

As to the international players, maybe clubs are worried about any changing of transfer agreements?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Yeah a lot of NA players have signed too.

Here's a post from when Matteau was signed

It seems a little odd, considering that one of the changes in the NHL's proposal was making the ELC 5 years. You would think teams would be more interested in waiting. Unless they're afraid the kids will jump somewhere else in a lockout? I think I read that the NHL-CHL agreement to not send kids to the AHL is also up for renewal. Could this also be factoring?

As to the international players, maybe clubs are worried about any changing of transfer agreements?
Thanks for putting that together. I don't know how many current year picks normally sign right away, but this year it seems like almost every day somebody is signing.

It's hard to know what the owners are thinking but I have to believe it is based on some idea of what the next CBA will bring. There has to be some reason for this apparent urgency in getting these guys signed.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:46 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I can't take credit for putting that list together.

That all 30 first rounders signed from 2011 also seems abnormal. I think both together really shows that something's up.

Maybe owners are willing to concede on ELCs to get more concessions from 2nd contracts or something?

Old
08-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
I can't take credit for putting that list together.

That all 30 first rounders signed from 2011 also seems abnormal. I think both together really shows that something's up.

Maybe owners are willing to concede on ELCs to get more concessions from 2nd contracts or something?
I guess I should have read more closely.

Also, on further inspection, add Ceci to the list of the signed.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:

With the thought of having a 5 year ELC, clubs are probably enticing their prospects as well as agents to sign a 3 year ELC now where it could eventually be a 5 year ELC. Thus, if the 5 year ELC is passed, then the player and agent lose the prospect of making significant money sooner by two years. Plus, this year's rookie rate may be higher than the one that may be ratified in the new CBA, thus losing money again.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 11:04 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
With the thought of having a 5 year ELC, clubs are probably enticing their prospects as well as agents to sign a 3 year ELC now where it could eventually be a 5 year ELC. Thus, if the 5 year ELC is passed, then the player and agent lose the prospect of making significant money sooner by two years. Plus, this year's rookie rate may be higher than the one that may be ratified in the new CBA, thus losing money again.
But why would the clubs need to entice the prospects? Obviously there's cases like Schultz, but that doesn't happen often. Like I said, it would be in the clubs' best interests to wait.