HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Does Bobby Ryan's value = PK Subban's value ?

Old
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
FanHabtic

vCash: 500
I don't think there is any question that Bobby Ryan has more value (via trade) than PK Subban. However it would make little sense for either team to make this trade from a team needs perspective.

With that being said, Subban is not far behind Ryan in value and could easily surpass him next season. (although making predictive statements like that adds no value).

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 11:12 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It was Ryan and Perry for Karlsson and Spezza. Mandy doesn't understand that we might need more than two players in our top six.
That trade subtracts 1 player from your top 6.

Ryan for Karlsson straight up subtracts 1 player from your top 6.

Therefore, you would not trade Ryan for Karlsson.

Exit Dose doesn't understand that replacing a 57 point player for a 78 point player will not harm his team offensively no matter what position they play.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
That trade subtracts 1 player from your top 6.

Ryan for Karlsson straight up subtracts 1 player from your top 6.

Therefore, you would not trade Ryan for Karlsson.
Perhaps you should direct me to the posts in this thread where Ducks fans said that they wouldn't consider giving up Ryan for Karlsson, straight up. If you are referring to something in another thread, then take it up there.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 11:24 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I'm surpised people are saying subban>ryan.

I mean Ryan is the more proven player right now, by default he's worth more. Subban has potential remaining(as does Ryan) and while it's close Ryan clearly has more value right now.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 02:14 PM

I think Subban's defense is really undervalued in this thread...for such a young player, he's come a long way since his draft year defensively, he's a rock in his own end, especially when it comes to one on one battles, I rarely if ever see him lose any of those. He can get in trouble a little bit in his own zone positionally, as he can get too aggressive at times, but he greatly improved on that area in the 2nd half last year.

There are very few U-25 dmen who can play a shut down role as effectively as Subban can/has. I think offensively he still has quite a bit of room to grow as well, once he gains more experience, he'll learn that sometimes, less is more on offense. As he tends to overhandle the puck and look for the highlight play too often.

All in all...IMO, PK Subban's abilities as a player, for his age, he's quite underrated. I think his personality tends to be given way more attention then his actual on-ice play, which is a shame.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote