HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

vCash: 500
Anyone planing on getting NHL 13 early? Not the season ticket, but buying early at a store?

Old
08-28-2012, 05:04 PM
moog35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
lol or someone who's spent over 40 hours testing the game and the guy who reported Ryan Miller being the best goalie at 92 ovr almost 2 months ago and posted a bunch of other ratings back then like telling everyone Schneider/Rask were 83 ovr. Vokoun was the highest rated backup at 87, Kesler/Edler/Hamhuis were 88 ovr even though most would not believe me especially after I posted how Doughty was an 87 ovr Kopitar was 86, Carter was 86 and Richards was 87. Also posted ovrs of almost half of LA's team a week before the demo was out after testing the demo. check my post history before u make urself look like a fool bud.
nerd

Old
08-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Not sure if I can agree with Hayley Wickenheiser as a Legend. What she's done for women's hockey is great. However, all of that was against women. I'm almost 100% sure EA will not create a women's team of any sort, so she'll be playing against men. A women against men at the NHL level would be humiliating. They'll have to bump up her overall so she can actually compete, which will leave it really unrealistic. Her overall should probably be around 65-70 (although I haven't looked closely at the ratings this year) but she'd barely do anything out there.

But she'll be in the game, in the 80s somewhere, which doesn't make much sense.

Old
08-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Quote:
lol or someone who's spent over 40 hours testing the game and the guy who reported Ryan Miller being the best goalie at 92 ovr almost 2 months ago and posted a bunch of other ratings back then like telling everyone Schneider/Rask were 83 ovr. Vokoun was the highest rated backup at 87, Kesler/Edler/Hamhuis were 88 ovr even though most would not believe me especially after I posted how Doughty was an 87 ovr Kopitar was 86, Carter was 86 and Richards was 87. Also posted ovrs of almost half of LA's team a week before the demo was out after testing the demo. check my post history before u make urself look like a fool bud.
Then who's the 5th legendary?

Old
08-28-2012, 05:09 PM
DoubleAAAA

It's a game ... they want to appeal to female consumers as well. Who really cares what she's rated?

Old
08-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
It's a game ... they want to appeal to female consumers as well. Who really cares what she's rated?
I can't see putting her in the game suddenly makes women want to buy the game. And plenty of people will care about what she's rated, just as they cared about what the legends were rated last year and a lot of players this year.

Anyways, my predictions for the five legends are: Gilmour, Wickenheiser, Hasek, Kurri and Lindros

Old
08-28-2012, 05:21 PM
UFancyHuh

not sure if this has been posted yet but more gameplay footage philly vs boston

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/22...cer-commentary

Old
08-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Not sure if I can agree with Hayley Wickenheiser as a Legend. What she's done for women's hockey is great. However, all of that was against women. I'm almost 100% sure EA will not create a women's team of any sort, so she'll be playing against men. A women against men at the NHL level would be humiliating. They'll have to bump up her overall so she can actually compete, which will leave it really unrealistic. Her overall should probably be around 65-70 (although I haven't looked closely at the ratings this year) but she'd barely do anything out there.

But she'll be in the game, in the 80s somewhere, which doesn't make much sense.
She played in a men's league in Finland for Christ's sake. You are really underrating her. Sure she doesn't possess the physical attributes but she's feisty and a rather good player.

Last edited by Gigantor The Goalie: 08-28-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old
08-28-2012, 05:40 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
I can't see putting her in the game suddenly makes women want to buy the game. And plenty of people will care about what she's rated, just as they cared about what the legends were rated last year and a lot of players this year.

Anyways, my predictions for the five legends are: Gilmour, Wickenheiser, Hasek, Kurri and Lindros
No ... you're right, I'm sure the female demographic won't appreciate at all them adding a female athlete to the game.

Old
08-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Helmeted Goalie:

Old
08-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
She played in a men's league in Finland for Christ's sake. You are really underrating her. Sure she doesn't possess the physical attributes but she's feisty and a rather good player.
How am I underrating her? Do you think she deserves to be higher than the 65 I suggested? How many players in the Finnish men's league will be ranked 65 overall or higher?

She's a good player...against women. In this game, she'll be competing against men. Her ratings should be adjusted just as a Finnish league's men would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
No ... you're right, I'm sure the female demographic won't appreciate at all them adding a female athlete to the game.
I'm sure they will. But how many women are really going to go out of their way and pay $60 for the game just because a women was added? I don't think many.

Old
08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
2 girls in NHL '13 as Legends, it looks like.

Quote:
Very excited that @wick_22 & I will be the first ever women’s hockey Legends in @easportsnhl. Download the #NHL13Demo now!
HAYLEY WICKENHEISER
ANGELA RUGGERIO
JARRI KURRI
DOUG GILMOUR
DOMINIK HASEK

Official as per NHL.com.

Quote:
In addition to Wickenheiser and Ruggiero, former NHL stars Jari Kurri, Doug Gilmour and Dominik Hasek have also been added to the Legends roster for "NHL 13."

Last edited by NYRMatt: 08-28-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Purple hippo

Quote:
How am I underrating her? Do you think she deserves to be higher than the 65 I suggested? How many players in the Finnish men's league will be ranked 65 overall or higher?
Im actually interested to see just what EA rates her because they already make the Euro league players pretty bad and these are players from Elite leagues, Wickenheiser played in the 3rd tier, and left early once the club gained promotion

Again in Sweden, third tier, however, I bet she is better rated then almost every single player in Euro leagues.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:08 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
Im actually interested to see just what EA rates her because they already make the Euro league players pretty bad and these are players from Elite leagues, Wickenheiser played in the 3rd tier, and left early once the club gained promotion

Again in Sweden, third tier, however, I bet she is better rated then almost every single player in Euro leagues.
Ugh the legends just got worse two women????

Old
08-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Playerwinner

vCash: 7431
Quote:
I can confirm its Hasek. his ovr will be 86 ovr.
That sounds terribly low

Old
08-28-2012, 06:16 PM
NYRMatt

I think it's unique. But I think they shouldn't be rated to a similar calibre as the legends already in the game. No problem with having lower rated Legends who broke gender barriers in the sport. I just want current stars (except Jagr) to not be on the team like how Crosby, Ovechkin was in NHL '12. Add Lidstrom and the team looks pretty sharp!

NHL '13 LEGENDS TEAM
Jeremy Roenick
Niklas Lidstrom
Wayne Gretzky
Jarri Kurri
Doug Gilmour
Mario Lemieux
Gordie Howe
Chris Chelios
Ray Bourque
Borje Salming
Patrick Roy
Steve Yzerman
Jaromir Jagr
Angela Ruggerio
Hayley Wickenheiser
Dominik Hasek
Doug Gilmour

Old
08-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Well whatever Hayley's overall will be I'm sure every tradition male elitest won't be happy unless its near 10 and they'll still think she belongs in the kitchen and not in this game.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:19 PM
NYRMatt

I'm waiting for people to get the memo that there are 2 FEMALES on the NHL '13 Legend Team.

Let the sexist remarks continue...

Old
08-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Well whatever Hayley's overall will be I'm sure every tradition male elitest won't be happy unless its near 10 and they'll still think she belongs in the kitchen and not in this game.
No, my issue is that you have two woman on an NHL legends team who never played a day in the NHL.

I am sure she is a legend in woman's hockey, but not an NHL legend.

At the end of the day though, the whole legends mode was handled unbelievably poorly imo. EA should have done a career retrospective on ONE player.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Fiji Water

Pretty disappointed that Bure is not one of the legends. You would think that he would be an ideal legend to promote this year given their emphasis on "explosive skating". No one exemplified explosive skating like Pavel Bure....

Old
08-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Nobody is being sexist (yet). Use some logic here. If Euro players are rated extremely low, and she was tier 3 in the Euro league, why should she have a high rating?

Why isn't Bobby Orr in the game?

Old
08-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiji Water View Post
Pretty disappointed that Bure is not one of the legends. You would think that he would be an ideal legend to promote this year given their emphasis on "explosive skating". No one exemplified explosive skating like Pavel Bure....
Forget Bure, pretty crazy that Orr hasn't been put in.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Nobody is being sexist (yet). Use some logic here. If Euro players are rated extremely low, and she was tier 3 in the Euro league, why should she have a high rating?

Why isn't Bobby Orr in the game?
Thats a great question. I have no idea.

Frankly, I don't care about any of these "legends". Legendary players are only interesting, imo, in the context to which they played.

Just throwing a character likeness, and a high rating is not interesting imo. EA should have followed the framework of the Jordan challenges from NBA 2k12.

The whole legends mode reeks of laziness on their part.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Heisenberg77

I'm not sexist, but seriously? Out of all of the people they could include, they include TWO female players? That's a bit ridiculous.

Old
08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
I'm not sexist, but seriously? Out of all of the people they could include, they include TWO female players? That's a bit ridiculous.
See, there was a way to do this for EA. But that would have required effort on their part. They could have created two female all star teams. That would have worked a heck of a lot better than shoe horning them into an NHL legends team.

Closed Thread