HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released Today

Old
08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Mgkibbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Then what is the point of using players from juniors if the training cards only work for one game?
NHL will likely have tournaments that you can use Junior players and still have a level playing field. Like in FIFA they have Gold, Silver and Bronze cards, obviously you'd never use Bronze cards vs Gold unless you're a legend in your own head, but it doesn't mean Bronze cards are worthless because they have Bronze only tournaments.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:26 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Haven't played since NHL10.. can someone tell me the key to winning faceoffs? I played like 6 periods last night and won maybe 2 faceoffs in total.
Timing with the drop and using left/right stick respectively.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:55 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Timing with the drop and using left/right stick respectively.
It's even deeper than that, It's like a game of rock-paper-scissors. Certain techniques work well against certain other ones, but fail against other ones

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:28 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
It's even deeper than that, It's like a game of rock-paper-scissors. Certain techniques work well against certain other ones, but fail against other ones
yes this too, but start with what I said.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:36 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
yes this too, but start with what I said.
Found this link... will be trying it out tonight. It's for NHL 11, but it looks like things haven't changed since then.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 01:22 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Played one game so far as the Kings. I really like it. The computer would dump the puck on the rush and actually out-hustle me to get the puck unlike previous years. The skating will take some time to get used to but I don't see too many problems with it. The hitting does seem jacked up. I was laying people out all over the ice. The presentation is cool. The players look better this year, especially some of the faces I saw. Mike Richards actually looked like Mike Richards.
My first experience with the new "goal cam" was after the net was dislodged. So after play stopped, and the net was still sliding across the ice, it jumped to that angle.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 05:24 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
My first experience with the new "goal cam" was after the net was dislodged. So after play stopped, and the net was still sliding across the ice, it jumped to that angle.
My first view of the goal cam came when the net was dislodged too.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Swic21

So what's everyone's thoughts on the demo? I think the game is vastly improved from last year. I think the new skating will take some time to get used to, but all in all it's a fun game that is much more realistic. Goalies also are much better which will make for better online games, and make it tougher to play the ai when I do my be a gm mode. I give it 8.5 out of 10. How abut you guys?

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 10:28 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swic21 View Post
So what's everyone's thoughts on the demo? I think the game is vastly improved from last year. I think the new skating will take some time to get used to, but all in all it's a fun game that is much more realistic. Goalies also are much better which will make for better online games, and make it tougher to play the ai when I do my be a gm mode. I give it 8.5 out of 10. How abut you guys?
im still not a fan of goalies... its just all over the place with the goalie AI... using LA Kings, Quick looked looked like himself during the playoffs during one game, then that next game looked like "December Bryz" out there

one thing i would love to see in future games is to get rid of the "sticky" puck physics... seems like the CPU can block most passes and gain immediate control of pucks that come anywhere close, but player controlled teams have to put more effort into it
could be just me though

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Flyerfan808

Installed CS:GO on steam this morning before I came to work. As former competitive level CS:S player I am excited to try it. I'm bringing the "one-deag" out of retirement.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Im guessing EA is already switching off servers for NHL 12.. It's getting worse and worse online..

08-23-2012, 07:26 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Im guessing EA is already switching off servers for NHL 12.. It's getting worse and worse online..
yeah I have noticed that too

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Hey guys, just for fun i've been making my own ratings for players for the past couple of years but right now i want to ask your opinions.

So far i've made the ratings for the first 3 lines. Offense is the main thing, but i try to factor defensive skills and hitting game aswell.

Im trying to make the ratings realistic for next season, so with some players like Schenn im assuming he will improve alot this summer.

Giroux 91
Hartnell 84
Briere 83
Voracek 83
Simmonds 82
Read 81
Schenn 81
Couturier 80
Talbot 79

EDIT: and i have no idea what the ratings look like for nhl 13, have lost faith on EA long time ago

Last edited by Reikai: 08-24-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Reikai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Madden anyone?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/c.../6030/overview

We just won elite playoff champs

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Go For It

Quote:
Congrats!

My team and I were pumped the first time we did that as well.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Congrats!

My team and I were pumped the first time we did that as well.
That was actually our second time.. But this season was ridiculous.. We usually had 6 people on every night for the last 3 or 4 months.. This month we were pushing 10+ every day..

We ***** faces

Old
08-28-2012, 01:00 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Hey guys, just for fun i've been making my own ratings for players for the past couple of years but right now i want to ask your opinions.

So far i've made the ratings for the first 3 lines. Offense is the main thing, but i try to factor defensive skills and hitting game aswell.

Im trying to make the ratings realistic for next season, so with some players like Schenn im assuming he will improve alot this summer.

Giroux 91
Hartnell 84
Briere 83
Voracek 83
Simmonds 82
Read 81
Schenn 81
Couturier 80
Talbot 79

EDIT: and i have no idea what the ratings look like for nhl 13, have lost faith on EA long time ago
I do the same thing when I first get the game, although I'm going to be cautious this year...because I like the idea they went with of spreading out the talent, so the great players appear great, and the fringe players get burnt every so often.

-Giroux* (PLY) probably solid at 91. Speed, Acc, shot acc/pwr should all be relatively high. Agi, deking, passing, off awareness (vision) should be very high. I'll also bet checking/aggressiveness is much lower than it should be for him.
-Hartnell (PWF) might be an 85. After what I saw last season, I'd turn his shot pwr/acc up to a decent level. Checking should be around 85, aggressiveness higher even. He's got some wheels and acceleration, just ****** balance although if you give him bad balance in the game, he'll get knocked off the puck way too easily...which really doesn't happen IRL.
-Briere* (SNP) shot pwr in the high 80s and shot acc in the high 90s IMO. He has a lethal shot from the left circle (forehand), though that can't really translate into the game, I'd just attribute that to shot acc. Speed, agi, accel, off-aware is high 80s I'd say. Everything else is at a respectable level (low 80s)...even checking/aggr. Def awareness is awful.
-Voracek (PLY) is an easy one. Speed/acc should be in the low 90s (I doubt it is), checking/aggr in the low 80s, shot pwr low 80s, shot acc low 70s or lower. Passing should be mid-high 80s, off/def awareness should be low 80s as well.
-Simmonds (PWF) speed around ~87, checking/ around 85, aggr around 90, shot pwr/acc around low 80s. Off/Def awareness around 80/70-75 respectively.
-Read (SNP) should have low-mid 90s speed, and a hard, decently accurate shot. Everything else should be fine
- (Brayden I assume) Schenn* (???) checking/agg in the mid-80s, passing in the low 80s, temper the shot pwr/acc for now to lower his grade. Speed would be low-mid 80s as well. Off aware around 80, def around 75
-Couturier* (TWF) started hitting a lot more as the season went on last year, so checking around 80, speed 75-80ish, shot pwr/acc are both pretty good, maybe low 80s for now. Off aware should be around 75-80 and def aware should be 85-90.
- Talbot* (TWF) seems a bit low at 79, though he brings things to RL hockey that's tough to translate into a video game. His speed, checking, and aggr should all be respectable. Passing and shot pwr in the low 80s, shot acc in the mid 70s. His def aware should be ~85 and off around 75.

One you forgot who should play a role is Wellwood. I guarantee they overlook his speed, and he's the fastest player on the team easily (makes Read look like a turtle in molasses). He should pull in a 94-96 speed rating with very high acceleration. His def awareness, passing, shot power/acc and off awareness are all respectable as well.

* None of the Flyers centers should have a faceoff skill above 80. We're not that good

Old
08-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Xbox is getting new Skyrim DLC on the 4th, while ps3 users are still waiting for dawnguard.

Why doesn't bethesda come out and just say that they realistically have no plans to release it

Old
08-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

NHL '13 LEGENDS TEAM
Jeremy Roenick
Niklas Lidstrom
Wayne Gretzky
Jarri Kurri
Doug Gilmour
Mario Lemieux
Gordie Howe
Chris Chelios
Ray Bourque
Borje Salming
Patrick Roy
Steve Yzerman
Jaromir Jagr
Angela Ruggerio
Hayley Wickenheiser
Dominik Hasek
Doug Gilmour

Old
08-28-2012, 09:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
NHL '13 LEGENDS TEAM
Jeremy Roenick
Niklas Lidstrom
Wayne Gretzky
Jarri Kurri
Doug Gilmour
Mario Lemieux
Gordie Howe
Chris Chelios
Ray Bourque
Borje Salming
Patrick Roy
Steve Yzerman
Jaromir Jagr
Angela Ruggerio
Hayley Wickenheiser
Dominik Hasek
Doug Gilmour
Old school Jagr? Still needs more, but improving!

Old
08-29-2012, 07:07 AM
RussianRocket10

Picked up Madden 13 and Kinect yesterday. It feels weird yelling commands at my tv.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Bethesda on PS3's DLC for Skyrim

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

Old
08-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

And it's ridiculous how limited the NA PSN store is

Old
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Any of you guys looking for a NHL 13 club? Me and a rangers fan are looking to make a team