HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Baby Face Trilla

vCash: 500
Yeah, I find it to be some sort of misguided and ineffective pandering. In an NHL game I would like to play with the best possible players, neither of these women fit that bill. I mean come on, little Phaneuf could take Wickenheiser out of the play three years ago.

Old
08-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Can't wait pre ordered I played NHL 11 today just for fun and wow.....it runs A LOT smoother than 12

I also forgot when a player scored they had team celebrations and after games the 3 stars skated out

hope they brought those back in 13

Old
08-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
I'm not sexist, but seriously? Out of all of the people they could include, they include TWO female players? That's a bit ridiculous.
a) who cares...edit: you clearly do
b) might attract more girls to try out the game (ones that play hockey); more money for EA
c) who cares

in conclusion, who cares?

Old
08-28-2012, 08:41 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
I'm not sexist, but seriously? Out of all of the people they could include, they include TWO female players? That's a bit ridiculous.
I'm not sexist but I just like to say sexist things/believe female athletes are 4ever inferior to the mens.

Seriously, does anyone really care that much about the legends? I think it's ****ing cool that they're including some women hockey players. And it'll help draw more girls to the (video) game...And maybe to the actual sport.

Old
08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsJacob8 View Post
Anyone planing on getting NHL 13 early? Not the season ticket, but buying early at a store?
I pre ordered it with Hitman

Old
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
I'm not sexist but I just like to say sexist things/believe female athletes are 4ever inferior to the mens.

Seriously, does anyone really care that much about the legends? I think it's ****ing cool that they're including some women hockey players. And it'll help draw more girls to the (video) game...And maybe to the actual sport.

suuuuuuuuuuuure

Old
08-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
See, there was a way to do this for EA. But that would have required effort on their part. They could have created two female all star teams. That would have worked a heck of a lot better than shoe horning them into an NHL legends team.
Exactly. The two women are deserving of legend-type ratings as long as they're playing against women. I think it's really unrealistic to have Haley Wickenheiser on the same level as Anze Kopitar (assuming she's a mid-80).

I've defended the game for a while and I have NHL 13 pre-ordered. The legends idea was a good one. However, the way they constructed it was stupid. Basically, the more you play in your Be a Pro, the more legends you unlock and can use them in a Be a Pro career (against current players). I agree with whoever said they need to aim the mode more at Jordan Mode, although it's a lot easier to do in an NBA franchise.

People actually think women is the game will appeal for more women to buy the game? I think putting in Bobby Orr and Pavel Bure would result in more sales. I think for a women, they will either buy the game or not. They won't really care if there's a female legend in the game.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:09 PM
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek

Quite a few white knights in the thread.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
umad

Does anyone know if being right or left handed affects a D line while simming?

Old
08-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Ched Brosky

for all the people complaining about 2 women legends really? Are u telling me u are seriously going to be playing as the legends team enough or even at all to honestly care?? they could add shaq as a legend (featured in more than nba games like ufc) and i wouldn't care.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Martyros

While the two women are deserving, I could care less if Rory Fitzpatrick was a legend; I am not even going to touch that mode. There's HUT, Be a GM, and EASHL which are time consuming and actually very fun.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:12 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

nvm.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:18 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I apologize if this was already answered, but does anyone know if you can add custom music, goal horns, and goal songs to the game? I'm particularly interested in uploading custom horns to each arena because it bugs me that EA can never seem to get them right...

08-28-2012, 11:20 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

its not that i hate the inclusion of women, its that i hate the fact that players more deserving like Orr, Messier, Sakic, Lindros, Coffey etc werent included.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:22 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I apologize if this was already answered, but does anyone know if you can add custom music, goal horns, and goal songs to the game? I'm particularly interested in uploading custom horns to each arena because it bugs me that EA can never seem to get them right...
Yes you can. I have been using custom goal horns since NHL 11 and the reason they said they can't get them right is a licensing issue.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:28 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

Am I the only person in NHL where the coach would only let 3 lines rotate and the other one get zero ice time?

Old
08-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdwe1 View Post
Am I the only person in NHL where the coach would only let 3 lines rotate and the other one get zero ice time?
nope my 4th line would rarely see the ice. I would run 3 lines and if all 3 were in the yellow only then I would put the 4th line out. Also I put them out in the dying seconds of any period

Old
08-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Can't wait pre ordered I played NHL 11 today just for fun and wow.....it runs A LOT smoother than 12

I also forgot when a player scored they had team celebrations and after games the 3 stars skated out

hope they brought those back in 13
NHL 11 was the best NHL game for gameplay, in my opinion.

Old
08-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Heisenberg77

Something I'm very concerned about...As I'm finding in Madden, there is no longer any kind of Season/Franchise/Playoff Mode in the game. Just a simple season mode to casually play offline vs the CPU that have been a staple of sports games for over a decade. They seem to be out. All just because of all of this Connected stuff? I find that incredibly unfair to those who like to play Playoff Modes ON THE SAME CONSOLE with their friends OFFLINE, as well as simple 1 player Franchise mode.

If NHL is the same thing, and judging by the demo modes, it is, then I'm seriously bummed.

Old
08-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Verviticus

things that own: women being included in a video game fantasy team

things that also own in a similar, but fundamentally opposite way: most of the posts in this thread

Old
08-29-2012, 12:38 AM
xX Hot Fuss

No Lindros, Bure, Sakic, Foresberg, Stevens, Hull, Orr, Mikita, Hull, Fedorov, Kariya, Coffee, or Messier? But they add two people who've never played in the NHL before....

Awesome. Ever think that a lot of us play HUT and were looking forward to having a lot better legends in the game? We were waiting for this list since last year at around this time, only to be severely disappointed...again.

I don't like the inclusion of TWO women on the legends team. Who cares?/Get over it!

Typical "why do you even care responses" too. Gotta love those.

Old
08-29-2012, 12:51 AM
RehnX

I don't think people realize that the player in question would have to give their explicit permission to use their likeness in a video game.

This is why, despite the rest of the Dream Team being in NBA 2k13, Scottie Pippen is not.

So, instead of jumping through hoops to try to get players to get on board(which they have probably done with some of these guys for years), they decided to break a few barriers of their own.

Grow up. Get over it. Quit acting like(ironically) little girls.

Old
08-29-2012, 12:58 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

You know, when you make your game out to the most realistic hockey game ever made... and putting them on the "Legends" team... well, whatever. Anyone with a brain can see this was a bad idea.

I wonder if that wonderful, little "Tropes vs. Women in games" thing had any influence on EA. Nah, couldn't be! These women are LEGENDS in the NHL! Should've been in when NHL 12 first came out!

EDIT: IIRC you could create them in NHL 12, but I've never made one nor have I seen any in my online exploits. The fact that they put these women on the NHL Legends team is pretty insulting.

Last edited by RevUpThoseGolfCarts: 08-29-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old
08-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Ziostilon

wonder how the Wickenheiser HUT card is going to look like

Gonna have her center my third line, then maybe have Bissonette on the wing

Old
08-29-2012, 01:10 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Best HUT team I gotten so far.