HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
I don't think it's that bad. Worst that happens is he turns out like Hemsky, or goes on LTIR. Could turn out to be a steal, but should be a fair contract.
I agree. It's not that bad of a contract. He has had some injuries and the Oilers are paying for potential but people are acting like it's the worst contract in NHL history.

Laugh all you want at the Oilers fans bringing up PPG but I think that probably matters when negotiating a contract. He was also on pace for 35+ goals before he got injured last season.

Also, for the people (here and on the main board) who keep bringing up Tavares, keep in mind that he signed his extension before he really broke out. He was coming off a 67 point season and he had a PPG of .75 when he got his contract. Everyone knew it would eventually be a steal but 5M/yr seemed pretty reasonable at the time. Hall has been injured but he also has a PPG of .75 after two seasons and he has the potential to be one of the top goal scorers in the league.

Another reason why Hall got 6M/yr could be because of Skinner's contract. Both Hall and Skinner were injured last season and played just over 60 games. Hall was the better player out of the two last season and I think he has a higher ceiling. Skinner got 5.75M/yr over 6 years and Hall got a bit more than that. When you compare the two, it seems like a fair deal based on the current market. I don't remember this kind of outrage when Skinner signed.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Heebs21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I wish there was space on the roster for a defenceman who is great offensively, even if he is undersized and poor defensively. Streit and Letang were the only two defencemen to break 40 points without having another defenceman on the team get over 30 points. Some of the top scoring defenceman even had two more defencemen on the team get over 30 points. Whether that is a cause of playing with the highest scoring defenceman or vice versa, I do not know, but it makes me think that it will be hard for any of our defencemen to put up good numbers until someone offensively orientated is brought in.

This makes me wonder if trading O'Byrne lets say, and giving his spot to Elliott/Barrie would be beneficial. While they are obviously not in the same ball park defensively or physically, it would bring A LOT more offense.

For example:

Team goals for:

While Elliot was on the ice: 31 (24 without PP)
While O'Byrne was on the ice: 36

This is despite Elliott playing 35 less games. Over 82 games that is an extra 11 goals for just even strength. This would put the team at 219 goals for, or 6th place in the West in goals for. Meanwhile the ES goals against differential would be less than 1 more goal against over 82 games (in a vacuum). Now Elliott was extremely sheltered, but is O'Bryne's defensive contributions really worth the complete lack of scoring while he is on the ice? Obviously it doesn't extrapolate out exactly like this, but it still would seem the O'Byrne is a black hole offensively. Although, Hejda was barely out for more goals for, while being out for a lot more goals against. Regardless, even if it wasn't Elliott filling in I think I would be totally fine with O'Byrne being traded to open up space for an offensive defenceman. This is taking into account the recent re-signings. There are other defencemen I'd want gone before him, but it just seems extremely unlikely.
How many times is Elliot matched up against teams opposing #1 lines? How about NEVER.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:52 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Someone on the Hall extenstion thread actually came on here and Quoted something Ivan said. Another guy actually quoted him and said that in a few years Duchene will be asking for a 9-10 mill because the cap will be 100 million.

My god Oiler fans are so ignorant.

Old
08-23-2012, 12:12 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
Someone on the Hall extenstion thread actually came on here and Quoted something Ivan said. Another guy actually quoted him and said that in a few years Duchene will be asking for a 9-10 mill because the cap will be 100 million.

I didn't know if I could find fans that were more annoying than Canucks fans but I have.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
How many times is Elliot matched up against teams opposing #1 lines? How about NEVER.
Right, and if you read my post it said Elliott is EXTREMELY sheltered.

Whoever is paired with EJ would play against the other teams top line. ROB isn't the key to keeping Elliott sheltered. I'm sure you could put Zanon with Hejda and they could get hemmed in the defensive zone for 45 seconds just as well.

Old
08-23-2012, 02:28 AM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I didn't know if I could find fans that were more annoying than Canucks fans but I have.
I know. I have a good amount of friends who are Oiler fans in real life and they are fine but then you come on here and then they treat Schultz like he is the next Lidstrom and Hopkins will be the next great one. I know this is not the proper thread but its bugs the crap out of me.

Last edited by DatsyukOwns: 08-23-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Old
08-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

Pay him no mind.

Old
08-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Nihiliste

Quote:
I know. I have a good amount of friends who are Oiler fans in real life and they are fine but then you come on here and then they treat Schultz like he is the next Lidstrom and Hopkins will be the next great one. I know this is not the proper thread but its bugs the crap out of me.
Yeah I've lived in Alberta all my life, the vast majority of my friends are Flames and Oilers fans and they're awesome people. But HFBoards just seems to attract the real gems.

Old
08-24-2012, 12:05 PM
DanishAvsfan

Markus Holton Lauridsen

Hi guys I just wanted to pass you this assessment of Markus Holton Lauridsen for you. As a Dane Having been an Avs fan since 1996, I was thriller to hear they invited him.
Morten Hagen Danish national coach
Markus is a big strong back. His biggest strength is that he is very mobile for in spite of his size. He has an aggressive style of play and likes to make hard hits. At the same time he is a good passer, which makes him good at getting the puck up to the forwards. Apart from this he is a born leader who always plays a 100%.
I actually think that Markus has the second best chance of being drafted this year among the Danes, just ahead of Meyer. Lauridsens game is tailor made for the North American hockey style, and he has had a terrific season in the USHL. The bulletins are saying that he has been brilliant in the second half of the season which is obviously important in a draft year. He was draft eligible last year but he was in Sweden*

Old
08-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishAvsfan View Post
Hi guys I just wanted to pass you this assessment of Markus Holton Lauridsen for you. As a Dane Having been an Avs fan since 1996, I was thriller to hear they invited him.
Markus is a big strong back. His biggest strength is that he is very mobile for in spite of his size. He has an aggressive style of play and likes to make hard hits. At the same time he is a good passer, which makes him good at getting the puck up to the forwards. Apart from this he is a born leader who always plays a 100%.
I actually think that Markus has the second best chance of being drafted this year among the Danes, just ahead of Meyer. Lauridsens game is tailor made for the North American hockey style, and he has had a terrific season in the USHL. The bulletins are saying that he has been brilliant in the second half of the season which is obviously important in a draft year. He was draft eligible last year but he was in Sweden*
i'll be rooting for him.. i'm a fan of Danish hockey players and think they are an upcoming and talented hockey country.

Old
08-24-2012, 05:20 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishAvsfan View Post
an aggressive hitting, mobile puck moving D man with non smurf size... i like it.

Old
08-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Nihiliste

Don't want to Holos this kid so I'll wait and see what he can do before I form any type of expectation at all about his ability. I'll be rooting for him to do well though since it's always nice to see these types of longshots make it.

Where is he expected to play this season?

Old
08-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Foppa2118

I'm still astonished at how a once highly respected GM Darcy Regier lost his mind once he got a blank check from new ownership last year.

Last season was disastrous after way too many changes and big contracts last summer. Now after hearing the same rumor for like the tenth time from a different source, I can't believe he would offer $7.5M a year for four years to a soon to be 36 year old who's only scored more than 70 points twice, and ended the last three heathy seasons with 55, 60, and most recently 50 points.

Even with all of Doan's leadership and intangibles, how the hell is that player worth $7.5M at 36, let alone 40?

Why won't the league hold their GM's and owners accountable when they go crazy like this? How can they possibly expect to be able to raise the bar every year with salaries, and promise more and more money to players to convince them to sign with them, and then ask them to give it back? How does that possibly fix a problem that Bettman is insisting is hurting the NHL?

They're just going to keep doing it and doing it, and were going to be facing a lockout again next time when the league insists on the players giving back more money the owners promised them in a legal document. Would the league ever agree to give the players a 24% increase on their salaries? They'd laugh their ***** off if the players asked for that under any sort of scenario.

This is Bettman's latest quote. "We believe we're paying out more than we should be. It's as simple as that."

Well then don't let your owners ask for money back when they throw out 13 and 14 year $100M+ deals, and four year $30M deals to a 36 year old scoring around 50-60 points a season. I bet you'll see owners stop making retarded business decisions, and the salaries drop real quick. You'll be able to cut back on your biggest expense, while drawing in the same exact amount of money you would in revenue. It's pretty ****ing simple if you're not trying to r*** the system.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 08-25-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old
08-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Regier is getting desperate because his job is on the line and it will cost the Sabres dearly.

Old
08-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
I have a feeling he was being pressured to sign players now that the team had the money for it, rather than being allowed to do his own thing.

Old
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I have a feeling he was being pressured to sign players now that the team had the money for it, rather than being allowed to do his own thing.
Maybe, and I could accept that for last years moves. But he should be putting his foot down on $7.5M x 4 for a 36 year old Shane Doan.

If this is all Pegula's plan, Regeir should step down. He'll find another gig pretty fast.

Old
08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
agentblack

Regier would be foolish to give Doan that kind of coin. Doan would be crazy not to take it. I know his heart is in PHX (and those games next year..should there be one...against LA would be fun) But IMO its probably his last chance to make that kind of money.

Old
08-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Yea, regier is smashing a great reputation. Sad.

Old
08-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Fine by me if it frees up Ruff to be poached to coach our team in a year or two.

Old
08-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Hell yea. Will never happen though.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:50 PM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Hell yea. Will never happen though.
Nope, I kind of think David Quinn is probably next in line.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
that sounds about right. but would be awesome if Ruff did become coach.

Old
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
I think when Sacco is cleared out, the whole coaching staff goes too. I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs eventually go with Roy.

Old
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I think when Sacco is cleared out, the whole coaching staff goes too. I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs eventually go with Roy.
Roy likely won't come to a team without having heavy personnel input as well as being the coach.

Old
08-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
Roy likely won't come to a team without having heavy personnel input as well as being the coach.
He's more likely to get that with the Avs, then with any other NHL team in my opinion.

That is unless someone hires him as both GM/HC combo which doesn't seem to happen much anymore nowadays.

Closed Thread