HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FINAL PROSPECT LIST (Summer 2012)

View Poll Results: Do you mostly agree with this list?
Yes 18 72.00%
No 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
I remember when people on here were saying Ryan Bourque will be as good as Ryan Callahan
He certainly had the potential when he was a freshly drafted player. Then he simply never developed physically any further and the injuries kicked in.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:19 AM
eco's bones

At best Bourque would have been a mini-Callahan. He should have stuck with his original college plans instead of going to the Q. His road forward at this point is the one Stephen Gionta's been on--hang around the minors for years and hope you get a shot some day. But I doubt the Rangers are going to have much patience and 1 or 2 more serious concussions in the next year or two and I think it's all over.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:17 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
I think Bourque is out of the organization after this season, barring a miraculous progression in his development.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 11:06 AM
cwede

i just don't understand some of these knee-jerk opinions.
Ryan Bourque is being thrown away, because he didn't score in his first pro season?
during Hartford's most mediocre, leaderless season in years?
the kid is 21-1/2, and has been a leader and contributor everywhere he's played.
Bourque is as likely to have NHL success as Dylan Mcilrath, who my be the next Beukeboom, but could be up being the next Jessiman - I am NOT knocking McIlrath, I am just saying NO ONE can say with such certainty.
My concern re Bourque is just that we too many smaller F's - Bourque, Thomas, McColgan, St.Croix

cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think Bourque is out of the organization after this season, barring a miraculous progression in his development.
He'll be gone to Boston. They're collecting all the Bourques to convince Raymond to be closer with the franchise.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
i just don't understand some of these knee-jerk opinions.
Ryan Bourque is being thrown away, because he didn't score in his first pro season?
during Hartford's most mediocre, leaderless season in years?
the kid is 21-1/2, and has been a leader and contributor everywhere he's played.
Bourque is as likely to have NHL success as Dylan Mcilrath, who my be the next Beukeboom, but could be up being the next Jessiman - I am NOT knocking McIlrath, I am just saying NO ONE can say with such certainty.
My concern re Bourque is just that we too many smaller F's - Bourque, Thomas, McColgan, St.Croix
Nobody is "throwing" Bourque away. He's just experienced so many setbacks in his development that people are questioning his ability to play in the NHL. If he couldn't stay healthy in the Q or the AHL, it's hard to imagine him staying healthy in the NHL.

Tough to say that Bourque has an equal shot to McIlrath when it comes to making the NHL. McIlrath could easily carve out a role as a Shane O'Brien or Matt Carkner type even if his development completely stalls out over the next couple years. Bourque doesn't have his fists to fall back on.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:45 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
It's not very deep. After Hrivik it gets really dodgy as far as I'm concerned. Rangers are going to have to build it up again.
It will not be easy as we do not have a 1st round pick this year and well be drafting in the high 20's if there is a season this year. Good news is that we have a very young NHL team and may not need many reinforcements soon.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
It will not be easy as we do not have a 1st round pick this year and well be drafting in the high 20's if there is a season this year. Good news is that we have a very young NHL team and may not need many reinforcements soon.

Reinforcements always help. They keep the cap down and they allow us to do youth-for-age trades like the one for Nash.

In addition to Kreider and Hagelin, who are are already on the team:

1. Miller will make it as a top-9 player.
2. Either MSC, Thomas or Fast will make it as a top-6 player.
3. Either Yogan, Lindberg or Fogarty will make it as a third liner.
4. Either Skjei or one of the other D prospects will make it.
5. There might be another prospect like Hrivik or Kyle Jean who'll make it.

So in all, we'll add 4-5 more players from this bunch over the next 3 years, none of them likely to be stars. That's not bad, but not great either. It will do the trick to keep our cap low enough to re-sign all other players, but won't improve the team much.

I hope we'll be very aggressive in adding guys like Hrivik and Jean to make up for the fact that we won't have a lot of high draft picks. maybe a couple of these guys can crack the team.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:56 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I would re-do this list now:

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C J.T. Miller
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Michael St. Croix
8. RW Christian Thomas
9. C Oscar Lindberg
10. RW Kyle Jean

PROJECTS

11. C Cristoval Nieves
12. D Samuel Noreau
13. LW Marek Hrivik
14. G Cam Talbot
15. D Calle Andersson

SUSPECTS

16. C Steven Fogarty
17. RW Shane McColgan
18. RW Thomas Spelling
19. C Andrew Yogan
20. LW Ryan Bourque

HONORABLE MENTIONS

21. D Peter Ceresnak
22. G Jason Missiaen
23. D Blake Parlett
24. G Scott Stajcer
25. D Steven Delisle

Last edited by Beacon: 12-10-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote