HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2012, 10:16 AM
sighthndlady

vCash: 500
So this is how we become a close-to-cap team: the CBA gets redone, cap gets reduced to $58 million, and voila.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:37 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
So this is how we become a close-to-cap team: the CBA gets redone, cap gets reduced to $58 million, and voila.
PA won't go for a cap that low. That's a low ball offer. PA will come back with something next week. Maybe 64 mil cap?

At least they're still dancing. As long as they're doing that there's still hope for the season.

Old
08-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
PA won't go for a cap that low. That's a low ball offer. PA will come back with something next week. Maybe 64 mil cap?

At least they're still dancing. As long as they're doing that there's still hope for the season.
Yea there's no way they can cut the cap by 15-20mil in one swoop. Although it would be a deserving slap to the face of those GMs who recently took advantage of the eye of the storm and signed all these monster long term deals. (yea I'm forgetting about Weber but we technically didn't offer him the deal originally). I hope some middle ground can be found, and fast.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Legionnaire11

I'm not going to get my hopes up too much. But it does seem like both sides actually want to get a deal done this time, or there are small indications that they'll work harder to get there. 2005 was a disaster and we knew all along that a lengthy lockout was coming. For some reason it just feels different this time, like just maybe we'll see hockey in October

Old
08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Still don't understand why the owners gave up the 10 year contract control over players ... thought that was a good deal for the owners and probably shouldn't have ever been given up, could've given up anything else, but that

Old
09-05-2012, 06:48 PM
JR303

Since it's looking more and more like we'll at the very least lose some games while the cba crap drags on, I'll just let Shakespeare sum up my feelings:

"A plague o' both your houses!"

Old
09-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Per the team on Twitter (@KWilsonPreds), Ryan Ellis will wear No. 4 this season and Scott Hannan will be in jersey No. 22...

Old
09-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Per the team on Twitter (@KWilsonPreds), Ryan Ellis will wear No. 4 this season and Scott Hannan will be in jersey No. 22...
Awesome, I was wondering when we'd get some more players wearing lower numbers.

Old
09-07-2012, 02:08 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
wonder how many casual fans will think its still Jordin and then be like "when's he gonna fight?"??

Old
09-07-2012, 06:19 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wonder how many casual fans will think its still Jordin and then be like "when's he gonna fight?"??
I was still wondering why Greg Johnson was fighting.

Old
09-07-2012, 10:39 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Who was the last Pred to wear number 4?

Old
09-07-2012, 11:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Who was the last Pred to wear number 4?
Franson ... before him Laakso, Koistenen, Vishnevski,

Old
09-08-2012, 12:51 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

kinda hope the Preds have permanently put way #3.... cant imagine who would ask for it...

Old
09-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Everlong
-

I present to you Predators practicing on ice:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...at-sportsplex/

Not sure if I can embed these types of videos. Just exciting to see them warming up for the season even if there may not be one right away.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
glenngineer

Anyone know what time these informal workouts are taking place and is the general public allowed to view?

Old
09-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Anyone know what time these informal workouts are taking place and is the general public allowed to view?
10:30 AM and yes, it is open to the public

FWIW, the coach you'll likely see out there with them is Shawn Allard, our skills coach. He's been a great addition to the team's coaching staff.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:26 AM
cleangene

I guess I better skip work, and go watch today....it may be the last hockey seen in Nashville, other than the GNash high school league this year.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:46 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
probably quite a few actually

Old
09-12-2012, 01:50 PM
WartracePred

I loose a little respect for Weber each time he's publicly quoted. Cooper quoted that if there is a lockout, Weber may not participate in Brent Peterson's Parkinsons golf benefit because he isn't sure if it's hockey related. Said it's complicated. What????

Mason, on the other hand, thought it was pretty simple. He plans to participate.

I think Weber may have suffered permanent brain damage from the concussion last season. Everything seems very complicated for him these days.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Steps to get the cup to Nashville:

1. Lockout
2. Win Draft Lottery
3. Nathan MacKinnon

Old
09-12-2012, 09:34 PM
predfan98

Quote:
I loose a little respect for Weber each time he's publicly quoted. Cooper quoted that if there is a lockout, Weber may not participate in Brent Peterson's Parkinsons golf benefit because he isn't sure if it's hockey related. Said it's complicated. What????

Mason, on the other hand, thought it was pretty simple. He plans to participate.

I think Weber may have suffered permanent brain damage from the concussion last season. Everything seems very complicated for him these days.

this is what unions do..........force you to toe the party line, and not do what is right.

weber has been so noncommittal about everything for the last 2 years that he doesn't know how to think for himself.....
and won't do what is right for someone who has done so much for him.

Chris Mason has always been a class act, and Weber is showing his lack of it.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:

Man I'm getting tired of this guy. He's been a bit of a diva this summer.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:08 PM
glenngineer

Wow. Rip on Weber all you want but if it's hockey related in any way shape or form these guys are prohibited from participating. Since it's ties into the preds foundation he may not legally be allowed to participate.

It's great that mason will go or at least says he will.

We have to remember weber is part of the players negotiating and in NY right now. He has to do what's right for the players association right now and it sucks. Bashing a guy for toting the line with other players is a bit much.

I am astonished at the amount of animosity being thrown at him. He signed an offer sheet. Big freaking deal. We matched. He's going to be here long term. Do you think Avs fans held this much of a grudge against Sakic for signing an offer sheet?

I know we're bored and have nothing to talk about but this is ridiculous.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Wow. Rip on Weber all you want but if it's hockey related in any way shape or form these guys are prohibited from participating. Since it's ties into the preds foundation he may not legally be allowed to participate.

We have to remember weber is part of the players negotiating and in NY right now. He has to do what's right for the players association right now and it sucks. Bashing a guy for toting the line with other players is a bit much.

I am astonished at the amount of animosity being thrown at him. He signed an offer sheet. Big freaking deal. We matched. He's going to be here long term. Do you think Avs fans held this much of a grudge against Sakic for signing an offer sheet?

I really do see where you're coming from Glenn, and maybe I am a bad person for it, but yes, I am going to hold a grudge for awhile. I don't want to turn this into a Weber thread (like every other thread right now), but I think there are some valid points on both sides of the argument. You have made some good ones for yours. Let me make a few for mine.

1. It has been reported that Poile was looking to trade Weber before the OS, implying Weber wanted out. Poile wouldn't have been trying to deal him if Weber wanted to be here.

2. Weber talked about nothing but wanting to be in Nashville, but when it came down to it, did not sign a deal with us. Lots of talk, not a lot of walk. Yes, he is here, but if he really wanted to be here, he should have come to us and said "Here is Philly's offer. Match the $$ and term and I won't sign the OS." Would have saved us a lot of trouble and frontloading, and kept him from the backlash he is getting now.

3. The OS Weber signed was structured specifically to target the Nashville market so we could not match. Say all you want about his agent being the one negotiating the deal, Weber put his signature on a deal that made us pay a 13mil signing bonus the second he put pen to paper. If he knew that, he knew it was going to be VERY hard for us to match, and if he didn't know that, he is foolish for letting his agent run negotiations.

4. For the first time EVER, a player didn't immedietly sign his matched OS. Weber held out after we just forked over a crazy sum of money for a small market team to keep him here. He matched, suck it up and sign.

5. After putting the franchise is a nearly impossible spot, he has the gall to demand a NTC. If you wanted a NTC, just sign the deal with the same $$$ and term with us, not an OS (see #2).

6. Suter left the franchise, and we all, fair or not, expected Weber to step up and lead this team. He didn't. He went out and signed an OS aimed to be un-matchable less than a month later.

That is why I am upset with him, and I think it's safe to say I speak for many others here. The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle, with both sides having a point.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:02 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:

in my book he's a ******** until he shows me on the ice that he's still the same player he was before this summer....

Closed Thread