HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2012, 01:19 AM
RehnX

vCash: 500
Well guys, since this is an NHL game, let's just go ahead and get rid of the Euro Leagues, and all of the players on Euro teams who never played in the NHL before, might as well get rid of them too. . .this is N. H. L.

Are you people ****ing high? These Women are legends in HOCKEY, that's all that matters.

Old
08-29-2012, 01:24 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
Something I'm very concerned about...As I'm finding in Madden, there is no longer any kind of Season/Franchise/Playoff Mode in the game. Just a simple season mode to casually play offline vs the CPU that have been a staple of sports games for over a decade. They seem to be out. All just because of all of this Connected stuff? I find that incredibly unfair to those who like to play Playoff Modes ON THE SAME CONSOLE with their friends OFFLINE, as well as simple 1 player Franchise mode.

If NHL is the same thing, and judging by the demo modes, it is, then I'm seriously bummed.
Be a GM is still in the game

Old
08-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehnX View Post
Well guys, since this is an NHL game, let's just go ahead and get rid of the Euro Leagues, and all of the players on Euro teams who never played in the NHL before, might as well get rid of them too. . .this is N. H. L.

Are you people ****ing high? These Women are legends in HOCKEY, that's all that matters.
Exactly, they are Women's hockey legends, not NHL legends. There are not any Euro league players being put into the game as NHL legends. So that is some faulty logic.

I had no issue of creating an all woman's all star team. But shoe horning them as NHL legends is silly.

Old
08-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
I'm just disappointed that we only got 3 legends and 2 female players. I enjoyed playing with the legends in NHL 12 the most and was even having fun just speculating which legends might make the cut for NHL 13. I had delusions of EA adding 12-15 legendary players ranging from personal favorites like Bobby Clarke or Eric Lindros to iconic players who should have made the first cut like Bobby Orr or Mark Messier. Alas, we got (in all honesty) 1 legend, 2 former superstars, and 2 pylons

Old
08-29-2012, 01:52 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

If there is a lockout for NHL moments I hope they put stuff that happened in the past couple seasons for example:

-Kanes OT winer against the Flyers
-Have an EA Sports world Tournament where you're Canada and have to score the OT winner against the USA
-When Brodeur tied Roy in career wins against the Canadians

I think it would be awesome to have those instead of nothing

Old
08-29-2012, 02:10 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
its not that i hate the inclusion of women, its that i hate the fact that players more deserving like Orr, Messier, Sakic, Lindros, Coffey etc werent included.
Exactly. Put real Legends in the game or do away with it completely. The fact that Messier, Orr, Leetch, Sakic, Stevens, ect. aren't in the game, but Wickenheiser and Ruggiero are. It's just stupid.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:41 AM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Exactly, they are Women's hockey legends, not NHL legends. There are not any Euro league players being put into the game as NHL legends. So that is some faulty logic.

I had no issue of creating an all woman's all star team. But shoe horning them as NHL legends is silly.
So if they called the team "Hockey Legends" as opposed to "NHL Legends", you would be fine with it? That little bit of semantics is why you are upset? While I think that is highly unlikely(I sense some underlying sexism), it is incredibly asinine either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Exactly. Put real Legends in the game or do away with it completely. The fact that Messier, Orr, Leetch, Sakic, Stevens, ect. aren't in the game, but Wickenheiser and Ruggiero are. It's just stupid.
You're right, they should just put people's faces, names, and marketing value into a product without their consent. That is EXACTLY how to avoid being sued.

As strange as this may seem, when party "A" is trying to use party "B" to make money, then party "B" has far more say in how that works, and if they don't like the contractual/monetary offer made to use their likeness, then it cannot, legally, be used.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
So if they called the team "Hockey Legends" as opposed to "NHL Legends", you would be fine with it? That little bit of semantics is why you are upset? While I think that is highly unlikely(I sense some underlying sexism), it is incredibly asinine either way.
I wouldn't have a problem with putting all of these players under an all encompassing banner. But that would include adding international players like Tretiak, Makarov etc. But if you are going to advertise a player as an "NHL legend", I think its fairly important that they played in the NHL. You may think that semantics or that I am being sexist(whatever dude), but I think that is a fairly LARGE requirement.

Quote:
You're right, they should just put people's faces, names, and marketing value into a product without their consent. That is EXACTLY how to avoid being sued.

As strange as this may seem, when party "A" is trying to use party "B" to make money, then party "B" has far more say in how that works, and if they don't like the contractual/monetary offer made to use their likeness, then it cannot, legally, be used.
I think if EA could not do it properly, they are better served not doing it at all. No one was clamoring for a legends mode. Especially one as half baked as the one EA served up. If you can't afford real legends, then brining in some 2nd tier hall of famers doesn't cut it.

To be fair, I think EA has been fairly loose on their definition of Hockey "legends". A legend to me is a player who utterly dominated, or changed the way the game was played. That is only a handful of players. I don't feel either of those women fit that category(or even Doug Gilmour, Jeremy Roenick). Especially when you have a guy like Bobby Orr not being included.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 08-29-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Old
08-29-2012, 03:21 AM
RehnX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with putting all of these players under an all encompassing banner. But that would include adding international players like Tretiak, Makarov etc. But if you are going to advertise a player as an "NHL legend", I think its fairly important that they played in the NHL. You may think that semantics or that I am being sexist(whatever dude), but I think that is a fairly LARGE requirement.

I think if EA could not do it properly, they are better served not doing it at all. No one was clamoring for a legends mode. Especially one as half baked as the one EA served up.
I've been trying to find where they've called this "NHL Legends Mode" but all I see them labeling this as is "Legends" so there, there's the fix to your problem, you can be happy now. Euro legends? Sure, in the future go for it, but they seem content to only add a few a year as opposed to over-saturation.

So, let's say EA were to somehow get 99.9% of the Legends of the world of Hockey to agree to be in the game, but Bobby Orr says "Nah", they should just say "well, we couldn't get Orr, so this is pointless"? That's ridiculous. And considering this mode is 1 out of about 10, it really doesn't matter if they don't get every legend into it. Showcasing a couple is the best way to go about it.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
I've been trying to find where they've called this "NHL Legends Mode" but all I see them labeling this as is "Legends" so there, there's the fix to your problem, you can be happy now. Euro legends? Sure, in the future go for it, but they seem content to only add a few a year as opposed to over-saturation.

So, let's say EA were to somehow get 99.9% of the Legends of the world of Hockey to agree to be in the game, but Bobby Orr says "Nah", they should just say "well, we couldn't get Orr, so this is pointless"? That's ridiculous. And considering this mode is 1 out of about 10, it really doesn't matter if they don't get every legend into it. Showcasing a couple is the best way to go about it.
Therein lies the problem with the entire mode. EA would be much smarter doing a career retrospective of ONE player than putting in 20 HOF players.

At the end of day, these players are not even interesting unless they are put into the context to which they played. But that would require effort on EA's part.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:38 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I apologize if this was already answered, but does anyone know if you can add custom music, goal horns, and goal songs to the game? I'm particularly interested in uploading custom horns to each arena because it bugs me that EA can never seem to get them right...
Yes custom music has been an option since NHL 10, the reason they can't get the right horns, goal songs etc is licensing.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Joey Moss

I don't mind two women being added as legends. I have a problem with them being added before players such as Orr, Sakic, Messier, Forsberg, Bure, Lindros, Leetch, Stevens. I mean come on.. there is nothing more exciting in HUT than opening a pack with a legend in it. You are only bringing in 5? That is stupid. I'm very dissapointed.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I don't mind two women being added as legends. I have a problem with them being added before players such as Orr, Sakic, Messier, Forsberg, Bure, Lindros, Leetch, Stevens. I mean come on.. there is nothing more exciting in HUT than opening a pack with a legend in it. You are only bringing in 5? That is stupid. I'm very dissapointed.
I'm sure EA reached out to many of the legends you mentioned. I doubt however they are willing to negotiate terms to get them in the game.

Whomever says okay to the terms that get presented likely get in.

The whole legends mode is terrible anyway and needs to be bulldozed and be redone with the model the NBA 2k series went with.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:18 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
I'm sure EA reached out to many of the legends you mentioned. I doubt however they are willing to negotiate terms to get them in the game.

Whomever says okay to the terms that get presented likely get in.

The whole legends mode is terrible anyway and needs to be bulldozed and be redone with the model the NBA 2k series went with.
My thought exactly, take one player and do a retrospective on them. A legend is only relevant when he is put into the context to which they played.

Seems EA might be figuring that out with that "NHL Moments Live" mode. But for whatever reason they haven't had common sense to apply that to the legends.

Old
08-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I think the best thing that they could've done was just include a women's legends team as well. Would've probably been better as well as then you could do the Male v Female battles. Not really that bothered though, probably won't play with the legends much and it's just a nice touch really.

Old
08-29-2012, 08:27 AM
RANDOMH3RO

They really should have put the Canadian and American womens hockey teams in the game, instead of just having two players.

Old
08-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Fulcrum

Not sure if it's been discussed before, when are they going to update National team rosters? Playing for Russia in VS with 2 old Kozlovs, Fedorov (who is now retired!) and Kovalev is just rediculous. At least put the New NHL Russians like Anisimov, Burmistrov and so on.

Why can't they acquire licensing from IIHF or Hockey Feds like FIFA series? I bet a lot of the other rosters are very outdated as well. Would be absolutely amazing to see real NT Jerseys with atleast somewhat up to date rosters.

Last edited by Fulcrum: 08-29-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old
08-29-2012, 09:51 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
lol @ legends.
The worst "big edition" to the EA games ever.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:15 AM
KA BLAMO

Who cares if there are 2 women as Legends?

I remember when EA first introduced the addition of Legends to the game, everybody thought it was a huge waste of time and that EA was copping out instead of adding an actual good new feature to the game.

The inclusion of "Legends" appears to be a matter of life or death for most of you.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

On who's team is Hayley Wickenheiser going to play for on HUT? That SM Ligaa team she played for a couple years ago?

Old
08-29-2012, 10:30 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

Oh man some of you ea fans are insane they could make the worst game ever and you would still defend it like crazy, so delusional. Reminds me of sheep.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Who gives a ****? Why are people arguing about this? Will it honestly bother some people if the two girls are rated higher than their real life abilities might be?

Old
08-29-2012, 10:38 AM
ManyIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
Oh man some of you ea fans are insane they could make the worst game ever and you would still defend it like crazy, so delusional. Reminds me of sheep.
Thank you for changing my opinion, I will go buy the other nhl game coming out this year.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

are they rated like 40s or is it completely unrealistic with them you know belonging even in a video game on the ice with nhl players. this is so ridiculous. its NHL 13 not IIHF13

get these chicks out of here.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Not sure if it's been discussed before, when are they going to update National team rosters? Playing for Russia in VS with 2 old Kozlovs, Fedorov (who is now retired!) and Kovalev is just rediculous. At least put the New NHL Russians like Anisimov, Burmistrov and so on.

Why can't they acquire licensing from IIHF or Hockey Feds like FIFA series? I bet a lot of the other rosters are very outdated as well. Would be absolutely amazing to see real NT Jerseys with atleast somewhat up to date rosters.
Because its just not that simple.

Closed Thread