HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl -edm

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2012, 09:42 PM
victor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Self explanatory.
Schultz keeps getting in fights with teammates?

Subban keeps getting in fights with his teammates.

"With that in mind, here’s the tally of teammates that Subban has infuriated to the point of violence this season: Desharnais, Mathieu Darche, Louis Leblanc and Tomas Plekanec. Things also got pretty heated between Subban and an assistant coach, not to mention all the opponents who want him to suffer a painful fate."

Seems like a team guy.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:05 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
Yes, hes been oh so clutch for a lottery team the last 2 years.. and he isnt a PPG player and probably wont be. Nail will take some of his PP time and his shooting % will surely go down.
76 points in 78 games. That's virtually PPG.

Nail doesn't operate the same place Eberle does on the PP. Complete opposite in fact. So how exactly will he take Eberle's PP time?

Old
08-28-2012, 10:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Schultz keeps getting in fights with teammates?

Subban keeps getting in fights with his teammates.

"With that in mind, here’s the tally of teammates that Subban has infuriated to the point of violence this season: Desharnais, Mathieu Darche, Louis Leblanc and Tomas Plekanec. Things also got pretty heated between Subban and an assistant coach, not to mention all the opponents who want him to suffer a painful fate."

Seems like a team guy.
So the quote you put, that's a quote from the author and not an actual quote from a teammate, general manager or coach? Sweet. Do you live in Canada? If you don't know canadian media by now...

Old
08-28-2012, 10:09 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Agreed but mind you, I'm surprised you even like Eberle considering your opinion of the 'undersized' Plekanec
The Oilers already have undersize C's in RNH and Gagner and they need a big gritty top 6 C, thats why I didn't want Plekanec. I still believe Plekanec is overrated though. Like I said before, Edmonton and Montreal make bad trading partners. Still have bad memories of Shayne Corson.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
So the quote you put, that's a quote from the author and not an actual quote from a teammate, general manager or coach? Sweet. Do you live in Canada? If you don't know canadian media by now...
Where there's smoke there often is fire.

The story should be taken with a grain of salt, it was most likely hyped up on the keyboard of the author. But I'd bet that there's some basis of fact in there. Stuff like this doesn't come out of thin air.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:14 PM
victor

Quote:
Canadian? Nothing more Canadian than the
CBC. They have a show, something about Hockey Night, Canada, something, something. Perhaps you've heard of it?

Sorry, how about this one:
LaPresse - it's in French, and from what I hear, they're a pretty good source for all things Habs.

I'd bet it looks something like this:

Old
08-28-2012, 10:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
The Oilers already have undersize C's in RNH and Gagner and they need a big gritty top 6 C, thats why I didn't want Plekanec. I still believe Plekanec is overrated though. Like I said before, Edmonton and Montreal make bad trading partners. Still have bad memories of Shayne Corson.
Who's talking about Plekanec to the Oilers? You've went in threads that AREN'T about the oilers to talk about how undersized and overpaid Plekanec is. You know, people can search your history. There was one about habs needing to PAY to get rid of Plekanec and Plekanec not even being worth a mid 1st alone despite guys like Gaustad getting that as rentals.

There's even Souray and well, complain all you want about Souray but Oilers haven't exactly been winning without him. Besides, the guy was punished by being demoted despite being NHL caliber. I think that story is even now.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
CBC. They have a show, something about Hockey Night, Canada, something, something. Perhaps you've heard of it?

LaPresse - it's in French, and from what I hear, they're a pretty good source for all things Habs.

Nice video, where's the fight though?

French media is even worse. Hate RDS and company. A lot of articles are sensationalized. I'm really surprised you act this way.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM
victor

Quote:
Nice video, where's the fight though?

French media is even worse. Hate RDS and company. A lot of articles are sensationalized. I'm really surprised you act this way.
Fine - you don't believe the media, nor the video. You could take a look at the eyewitness accounts on HockeyFights, but hey, you can't prove that they we there. I didn't post them, as I cant either.

That said, is all of the media posting these items against Subban? No rebuttals, after all of this? It's fiction?

Old
08-28-2012, 10:33 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Fine - you don't believe the media, nor the video. You could take a look at the eyewitness accounts on HockeyFights, but hey, you can't prove that they we there. I didn't post them, as I cant either.

That said, is all of the media posting these items against Subban? No rebuttals, after all of this? It's fiction?
What's in the video? That's a fight? No gloves were off, not a punch was thrown. Not even a stick check.

Besides, suppose there was a fight(which there wasn't in this case), Desharnais went after Subban. Subban bodychecked him and Desharnais didn't like it. Subban plays hard even in practice.

There actually WAS a fight with subban and a teammate before, so I'm VERY surprised you showed the desharnais one, nothing happened at all. I get into bigger fights with my brother over who drank the milk.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:38 PM
agreen23

Quote:

If that is considered a fight then Im sure there are "fights" in the majority of NHL practices.

Its a part of hockey. Practices have emotion. Things get heated. That proved literally nothing.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:40 PM
victor

Quote:
What's in the video? That's a fight? No gloves were off, not a punch was thrown. Not even a stick check.

Besides, suppose there was a fight(which there wasn't in this case), Desharnais went after Subban. Subban bodychecked him and Desharnais didn't like it. Subban plays hard even in practice.

There actually WAS a fight with subban and a teammate before, so I'm VERY surprised you showed the desharnais one, nothing happened at all. I get into bigger fights with my brother over who drank the milk.
I didn't have enough time to go through all of the links and videos.

That said, he reminds me of this guy. Funny read, to go through it now.

Clearly, a hard player in practice. Seems more interested in himself than the team though.

Old
08-28-2012, 10:46 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:

You're seeing what you want to see, there is absolutely no evidence in that video that makes Subban out to be the villain you portray him to be.

Things get heated in practice, it's normal. Just because a representative of the media was there on instruction to film Subban and report anything unusual to make a story out of, it doesn't mean PK and DD aren't good friends and teammates. After practice the reporter questioned them about it to try and stir something up, we get to see all the videos on rds.ca.

Long story short, things got heated and Subban put DD on his ass like he does to many players in the NHL, and the media always tries to create controversy out of nothing in this market. (see: Darkest Day in Habs History)

Quote:
Clearly, a hard player in practice. Seems more interested in himself than the team though.
This is your bias showing through, and to think you started off that paragraph so well.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

I'll speak on my behalf when I say this. I'm not trying to hype Subban so I can convince all of you that Subban should get X player in return. I really don't care as I have no interest in trading him. Subban's trade value could be zero and I'll be thrilled. He's awesome and that will keep him in montreal. The only reason I reply is to tell you the truth. I figure you joined this board to get updates and better input no? I'm providing it.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:02 AM
mytor4*

Quote:

This is what your basing your fighting opinion on.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Be a Hab

Schultz hasn't proven anything, but he is also a puckmoving offensive right hand defenseman. Is it really worth it to trade Eberle for a guy that we hope Schultz can turn into?[/QUOTE]

And what's the problem with having 2D'S that bring the same features(I think they don't yet since Subban is a N#1 paring d and shultz has not played a game in the nhl yet) would'int that make your D-core a lot more complete and competitive? Also I believe that MTL fans are only looking to see if this trade makes us better next year witch I know it dosen't but two three years down the line beaulieu,tinordi and galchenyuk will be ready to seriously Impact are team and i think with eberle along side them would make are team an exciting one to watch.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Montreal will keep Subban, Edmonton will keep Eberle. It's fair value though, I'll give you that. However, until it becomes a major problem salary-cap wise, I don't see the Oilers trading any one of Hall, Eberle, Hopkins, Yakupov, etc..

The other proposed trade sending Subban, Tinordi and Collberg for Eberle and a 2nd or 3rd is beyond horrible. Already, some feel that Subban for Eberle straight-up is fair, if not very close to being fair. Tinordi - a 1st round draftee - and Collberg - a 2nd round draftee - for a 2nd round pick doesn't make any sense. Trading Tinordi or including him in a package doesn't make sense either, as he is one of the Habs biggest defensive prospects in their system right now.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
08-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
If Subban matures he'll be a great D and a definite top pairing D. It is his maturity that is in question, not his potential.
He's already a great D and a definite top pairing D. The only area his maturity hurts us at times is in bad penalties. But a dozen bad penalties scattered over a season isn't the end of the world, there are lots of "mature" players who play with an edge and get those too. It would just be a "nice to have" if he found a way to at least pick his spots better for some of the most undisciplined of those. Although I wouldn't trade that in if it meant he lost any of his overall fire and jump on the ice. A very subtle change, if possible, would be ideal, but not if it came at the expense of his overall style. Chelios got a lot more "bad" penalties for us than this, for example, and having him on the edge and occasionally doing crazy things was entertaining at times too. They draw penalties to at least partly offset the bad ones they take too. So it's no biggie.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:

Only on HFboards would a player who practices and plays hard be considered a negative. Just effin ridiculous the Slander this kid's character takes in hockey forums and the media.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:17 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

I'd hate to see this trade happen. I'd rather face Pernell 6 times a year than have Jordan running around scoring goals.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:26 AM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
I'd hate to see this trade happen. I'd rather face Pernell 6 times a year than have Jordan running around scoring goals.
Despite the efforts of Price, they would have a hell of a time keeping the puck out of the net without Subban. Who would fill his 24 minutes?

I wouldnt be too worried about it even if it did happen.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:51 AM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Hall,RNH,Eberle all have good value but i wouldn't trade P.K. straight up for any one of them.We have more need for P.K than the Oilers big 3.
LOL. You wouldn't trade Subban for RNH.......LOL

Old
08-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Lebowski

A realistic target in a Subban trade with Edmonton would be Yakupov. He makes more sense since he's not really attached to Edmonton yet, plus due to the connection he has with Galchenyuk. Also, he's worth less than Eberle on the trade market at this point.

Either way, I'd rather hang on Subban at this point.

Old
08-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Anyway, both sides seem to have clear consensus opinions expressed here, so I think we can call it a thread, move on to the next one.
/thread

Closed Thread