HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Jordan Eberle vs Patrick Kane

View Poll Results: Who do you take?
Eberle 89 46.84%
Kane 101 53.16%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-29-2012, 08:45 AM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

vCash: 500
Kane is more proven but he's pretty much a 25 goal 70 point guy outside of his career season, that really isn't all that impressive for a pure offensive player plus something just seemed off with him last season and this isn't including some of the baggage that you get with Kane.
Eberle needs to prove that last season wasn't a fluke but i would rather have him on my team because he just seems more like a team player than Kane and brings a skillset that really isn't that inferior to Kane. I don't get some of the Kane AINEC posts in here, is that because he's more proven? Otherwise, i don't see the big gap between the two.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:45 AM
bp spec

vCash: 50
Kane.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM
SweYote

Get back to me with all these Oiler youngsters threads when they've achieved anything. As for now, Kane and it's not close.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Kane: 72 points in rookie season. Calder winner.
Eberle: 43 points in rookie season. Weird looking.

Kane, career high: 88 points. Stanley Cup.
Eberle, career high: 76 points. Draft lottery.
Crosby, rookie season: 102 points. Draft lottery.

What's your point?

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Kane is more proven but he's pretty much a 25 goal 70 point guy outside of his career season, that really isn't all that impressive for a pure offensive player plus something just seemed off with him last season and this isn't including some of the baggage that you get with Kane.
Eberle needs to prove that last season wasn't a fluke but i would rather have him on my team because he just seems more like a team player than Kane and brings a skillset that really isn't that inferior to Kane. I don't get some of the Kane AINEC posts in here, is that because he's more proven? Otherwise, i don't see the big gap between the two.
Yes it is... anyone who comes into the league at 18 and consistently puts up 25 goal/70 point seasons is certainly impressive unless you're comparing then to Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin and Stamkos.

You don't think itd be impressive if Hall, RNH or Eberle averages 70 points each for the next couple years? Kanes first 4 years were top notch and set the standard for any 1st overall draft pick including Taylor Hall and RNH, nobody should be talking about Eberle being underrated if they don't know how impressive 303 points in your first 317 nhl games is.

Including the fact that he's the ONLY player on the hawks who has a ppg playoff record thus far merits alot considering he's already played 50+ playoff games.

Sky04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:12 AM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Yes it is... anyone who comes into the league at 18 and consistently puts up 25 goal/70 point seasons is certainly impressive unless you're comparing then to Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin and Stamkos.

You don't think itd be impressive if Hall, RNH or Eberle averages 70 points each for the next couple years? Kanes first 4 years were top notch and set the standard for any 1st overall draft pick including Taylor Hall and RNH, nobody should be talking about Eberle being underrated if they don't know how impressive 303 points in your first 317 nhl games is.

Including the fact that he's the ONLY player on the hawks who has a ppg playoff record thus far merits alot considering he's already played 50+ playoff games.
It just seems to me that he's not all that much better than he was in his rookie season and in fact, it seems that he has regressed a bit although he could very well bounce back. In fairness, his rookie season was quite impressive for a rookie but i don't think that he deserves the elite tag that has been placed on him by many.

If he scored 25g 70p to go along with many intangibles (Like Toews for instance) then i would say that's impressive but considering that he's a pure offensive player and his elite level skillset, i would expect a bit better from him by now. I would expect that in his 5th season that he would be a consistent 85-90 point player especially considering the talent around him, i feel his skillset is that good.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:28 AM
dan1el

Better player? Patrick Kane.

Who I want on my team? Eberle.

They are honestly very, very close. Eberle is a year younger. How many players peak in their second year? Also, Ebs is more of goal scorer then Kane, and could probably pot 40 playing on a PP with Spezza and Karlsson. As much as Kane would help our team, I think Eberle would help us more.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
No he is not. If you build your team around Kane you're screwed IMO.

Chicago is build around few players. Toews and Keith are much more important to the team.

If Kane can rebound (which i think he will) he is better than Eberle right now but not by much. In fact, i'd take Eberle if i had to choose.
Uh, no, Toews and Keith are not much more important.

The Hawks are not built around only Kane, but he is certainly one of their major pieces and is every bit as vital to the team's success as Toews and Keith. He is by far the team's most creative and dynamic offensive player.

When Toews went out this year, it was Kane who stepped up and played out of position at #1C and kept the team afloat (hell, more than just afloat - they were playing .650 hockey if I recall correctly). It wasn't Keith, who was trudging through the season not hitting his true potential for the second year in a row. It wasn't even the reliably solid Seabrook. It was Kane (and also Hossa) who was the backbone of the team.

And that remains just as true when Toews is in the lineup. They are equally important to the success of the Hawks.

If you surrounded Kane with the right mix of players, he certainly could be the piece to build around.

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
kane easily.

...and i can't believe this poll is even close.
Well the question is "who would you want on your team" not "who's the better player".

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:28 AM
bsmith14

Good poll. Both players are pretty close in ability but I would give the slight edge to Kane. With that said Eberle is a natural leader and is the definition of clutch. I would prefer him on my team.

AINEC does not belong in this thread IMO

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
tony d
The man

This is close but I'm going with Kane here. Though if both players play similarly next year to how they played last year my answer might change.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 179
Patty Kane

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

dup.

Jack Donaghy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
Good poll. Both players are pretty close in ability but I would give the slight edge to Kane. With that said Eberle is a natural leader and is the definition of clutch. I would prefer him on my team.

AINEC does not belong in this thread IMO
Doesn't get much more clutch than SC winning goal. Over a PPG in the playoffs is pretty damn impressive as well, especially with that amount of games.

I take Kane just cause he's more proven but it's going to be fun to see Eberle grow.

Jack Donaghy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Rolen
fire Kerr

vCash: 50
Kane

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:29 AM
PointL00kout

Kane.

PointL00kout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Kane. Love Eberle, but Kane isn't much older and can be downright dominant. He has his issues, but I'll take em with the expectation that they'll be ironed out.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Stephen23

Kane everytime.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Kane, I think if he played in Buffalo he would cut out the shenanigans.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:33 PM
ReyHF
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Uh, no, Toews and Keith are not much more important.

The Hawks are not built around only Kane, but he is certainly one of their major pieces and is every bit as vital to the team's success as Toews and Keith. He is by far the team's most creative and dynamic offensive player.

When Toews went out this year, it was Kane who stepped up and played out of position at #1C and kept the team afloat (hell, more than just afloat - they were playing .650 hockey if I recall correctly). It wasn't Keith, who was trudging through the season not hitting his true potential for the second year in a row. It wasn't even the reliably solid Seabrook. It was Kane (and also Hossa) who was the backbone of the team.

And that remains just as true when Toews is in the lineup. They are equally important to the success of the Hawks.

If you surrounded Kane with the right mix of players, he certainly could be the piece to build around.
Dont get me wrong. Kane is a star winger and would be very important player for any team in the NHL.

By saying he isnt the main piece to build around i didnt mean that he couldnt carry his team for some stretches. For me when we talk about 'players to build around' we mean players that you build around to win the cup.

In the regular season Kane can be more important to his team than in the playoffs but the Hawks wouldnt had even come close to winning the cup without Toews or Keith. Without Kane (but some other top 6 forward instead) they could've still gone far and possibly win.

Its mostly because of his style of play. Slick and small offensive wingers will never be the main pieces to build your team around. Thats just the way it is.

ReyHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
bostone737

kane all the way... it's close though

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohlow View Post
Kane is a franchise player, and a guy you would want to build a team around?

Shirley, you must be joking.

And Eberle is any different?

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Dont get me wrong. Kane is a star winger and would be very important player for any team in the NHL.

By saying he isnt the main piece to build around i didnt mean that he couldnt carry his team for some stretches. For me when we talk about 'players to build around' we mean players that you build around to win the cup.

In the regular season Kane can be more important to his team than in the playoffs but the Hawks wouldnt had even come close to winning the cup without Toews or Keith. Without Kane (but some other top 6 forward instead) they could've still gone far and possibly win.

Its mostly because of his style of play. Slick and small offensive wingers will never be the main pieces to build your team around. Thats just the way it is.
Ok, perhaps the Eberle/Kane type isn't the ideal franchise player, but Kane is a year older and has already won a cup with the Blackhawks, so he's done a lot more than Eberle has.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Henrik To Daniel

eberle had a ridiculous 19% shooting percentage this year. you think he's going to maintain that over the course of his career?

this will probably be his career year. he won't be anything more than a 60-65 point player from here on

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:31 PM
ReyHF
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ok, perhaps the Eberle/Kane type isn't the ideal franchise player, but Kane is a year older and has already won a cup with the Blackhawks, so he's done a lot more than Eberle has.
Thats for sure. Kane has accomplished more, is more proven and the better player right now.

But Eberle is hard to not like since he seems so lethal and clutch based on last season. Maybe some people overrate him in terms of what he might become but i'd say right now, especially when Kane is struggling abit, they are very close to eachother.

ReyHF is offline   Reply With Quote