Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets divisional record last year 14-6-4

Old
08-29-2012, 09:40 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 500
Jets divisional record last year 14-6-4

Jets went 14-6-4 against division rivals........ after reading the free press article in todays wpg free press (going over moves made by divisions rivals this off season). I was surrprised when I saw that #(14-6-4). If memory serves ...I think our record against the western confrence was not very good.

What do we all predict the Jets divisional record will be this year with all the improvement in the division? Assuming a full season and 24 games played against division rivals.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
KingSalamon

Makes you wonder how we can do so well in our division and not make the playoffs eh? I suppose there may be some truth that the SE was the weakest division last year.

Hope we can have a similar success rate in our division this season and improve on our road record... that could be the difference in playoffs versus no playoffs.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:58 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Makes you wonder how we can do so well in our division and not make the playoffs eh? I suppose there may be some truth that the SE was the weakest division last year.

Hope we can have a similar success rate in our division this season and improve on our road record... that could be the difference in playoffs versus no playoffs.
Thats how bad we were against the rest

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Thats how bad we were against the rest
Excellent example would be the Central Division... no wins... only 1 point I believe and it wasn't againt Columbus either. We need some improvement against this division especially if we plan on being in this division in the future.

We could end up with a first overall pick if we continue to play this way against this division (when we're in it that is).

Old
08-29-2012, 11:41 AM
sully1410

The Jets didn't seem to win the games that they should have won. I don't think they won a single game against Montreal. They finished bottom of the conference. Columbus is another story, which was in the basement by like 20pts or something. it was the same thing with the Islanders.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
KingSalamon

We did get that one win against MTL last year at home before Christmas... but that was it. Columbus... nothin... NYI... we ended getting 1-2-1 out of them... crazy thing with them was we barely got a single point against them AT HOME! (Lost in shootout and lost the other game at MTS)

Well lets hope we can improve on our position and win some of those 'easy' games... players need to get up for every game!

Old
08-29-2012, 12:47 PM
sully1410

Quote:
We did get that one win against MTL last year at home before Christmas... but that was it. Columbus... nothin... NYI... we ended getting 1-2-1 out of them... crazy thing with them was we barely got a single point against them AT HOME! (Lost in shootout and lost the other game at MTS)

Well lets hope we can improve on our position and win some of those 'easy' games... players need to get up for every game!
That last islanders game was embarrassing.

Old
08-29-2012, 01:11 PM
KingSalamon

I was out of town and missed that Isles game... or did I? From what you say, I didn't miss a thing!

I'll make a bold prediction... if the Jets manage this same record in our division this season, we WILL make the playoffs. Ok... so it isn't so bold but that's my prediction regardless.

Go Jets Go!

Old
08-29-2012, 02:45 PM
sully1410

Quote:
I was out of town and missed that Isles game... or did I? From what you say, I didn't miss a thing!

I'll make a bold prediction... if the Jets manage this same record in our division this season, we WILL make the playoffs. Ok... so it isn't so bold but that's my prediction regardless.

Go Jets Go!
It was so bad that it even left Jet depressed. That's saying something about our eternal optimist.

Everyone on the board was pretty dejected as I remember.

I maintained my optimism though.

Totally agree about the playoffs though.