HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Selanne re-signs with Ducks (1 year, $4.5M)

Old
08-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
It's a two way street but Bettman designed the last CBA and now 7 years later he needs a new one because the original one is no longer good enough. He should have gotten things right after losing a year of hockey last time.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
It's a two way street but Bettman designed the last CBA and now 7 years later he needs a new one because the original one is no longer good enough. He should have gotten things right after losing a year of hockey last time.
A team of about 100 lawyers and advisors designed the last CBA, as directed by a group weaselly millionaire owners and millionaire athletes.

Bettman's role in that was somewhere between a mediator and a policeman. What he was NOT was a solo architect, cackling in his study while drafting his own vision of a perfect CBA.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
A team of about 100 lawyers and advisors designed the last CBA, as directed by a group weaselly millionaire owners and millionaire athletes.

Bettman's role in that was somewhere between a mediator and a policeman. What he was NOT was a solo architect, cackling in his study while drafting his own vision of a perfect CBA.
You knew what I meant. I'll rephrase my comment: Bettman/the owners/the advisors, lawyers etc are far more to blame than the players.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Especially since the players aren't the ones who designed contracts that effectively make the salary cap a bit of a joke. That falls on the GM's, who try to find every loop hole they can, and on the designers of the CBA who allowed the loop holes to exist.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Finnpin

Teemu's 1 hour episode at Finnish food/travel show, 2 star Michelin chef visits Anaheim:

Mostly in Finnish and little bit of english...not sure does this show abroad?

http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=139420

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Lui One Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post

Lui One Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 02:53 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Teemu is already thinking about next season http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...aan-lopullista. He doesn't want to rule out the possibility of continuing his career after this "season".

Google's translation is once again hilarious:
"Teemu Selanne is waiting for the other NHL players, like the end of the lockout. At the same time the winger already thinking about next season, little by little patterns.

42-year-old Stanley Cup winner does not knock out the idea that he plays NHL puck next season yet.

- Over the years I have learned that we should never say never. The mood and situations change so quickly. And when you do not have to say anything definitive, so there is no point to say anything, figuring Selanne MTV3 interview in Anaheim.

Even last season Joker increased the Ducks had the best point man.

- I'm 42 years old and I have to think carefully about what and when to leave the leaves. Life is a lot more things than hockey, but this is a very important thing for me is, of course, rolled Selanne.

Ridge dates in Southern California to wear during exercise, and children.

- I have enjoyed such a life, when the games did not have. I have been involved in children's sports activities."

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Especially since the players aren't the ones who designed contracts that effectively make the salary cap a bit of a joke. That falls on the GM's, who try to find every loop hole they can, and on the designers of the CBA who allowed the loop holes to exist.
The agents, who are employed by the players, had just as large of a hand in designing those contracts if you want to be fair about it. And then demanding that every star player get one.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Duck Fan

The real bummer about this lockout/strike is that the last one saved Teemu's career and this one may end it.

Duck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:07 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fan View Post
The real bummer about this lockout/strike is that the last one saved Teemu's career and this one may end it.
I gotta be honest, I love Teemu, have enjoyed watching him play all those great games in Anaheim. There will never be another Duck like him probably. But, having said all that, I'm not going to be too torn up about the guy retiring. I'll miss watching him play, but I feel like it's time to move on.

Most people here probably think I'm an idiot. Go ahead, fire away.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:29 AM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I gotta be honest, I love Teemu, have enjoyed watching him play all those great games in Anaheim. There will never be another Duck like him probably. But, having said all that, I'm not going to be too torn up about the guy retiring. I'll miss watching him play, but I feel like it's time to move on.

Most people here probably think I'm an idiot. Go ahead, fire away.
Him retiring wouldn't bother me as much, as I thought he was done last lockout, so everything since then is icing on the cake. But it would detriment our scoring depth quite a bit, seeing as even though he's playing third-line minutes, he's the fourth best forward.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:40 AM
sirMcDuck

OK! Things in Anaheim are just fine...

"We don't need our last season best player. We have Getzlaf - don't worry!"

Guys, please...

sirMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirMcDuck View Post
OK! Things in Anaheim are just fine...

"We don't need our last season best player. We have Getzlaf - don't worry!"

Guys, please...
And Perry, and Bobby Ryan, not to mention a pretty decent blue line, and a healthy Hiller. I could go on, but I think the point is made. At any rate, if Getzlaf isn't our best player, we're already in trouble. With or without Selanne. Losing Selanne is going to hurt, and you can't replace a Teemu Selanne, but if the Ducks live and die by Selanne, something is seriously wrong.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:38 PM
AngelDuck

To add, I seriously hope that when Selanne hangs them up that guys like Getzlaf and Ryan step up and realize that they can't fall back on Teemu anymore. I hope it lights a fire under them and they become the one's that carry the club.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:08 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
And Perry, and Bobby Ryan, not to mention a pretty decent blue line, and a healthy Hiller. I could go on, but I think the point is made. At any rate, if Getzlaf isn't our best player, we're already in trouble. With or without Selanne. Losing Selanne is going to hurt, and you can't replace a Teemu Selanne, but if the Ducks live and die by Selanne, something is seriously wrong.
I've always been of the opinion that except for some situations, a great team is built around that #1C. When Getzlaf is our best player, the Ducks flourish. IMO, there isn't a more important position in hockey.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fan View Post
If the lock-out cancels the whole season, Teemu will play for Jokerit, it's been confirmed by the club.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
I've always been of the opinion that except for some situations, a great team is built around that #1C. When Getzlaf is our best player, the Ducks flourish. IMO, there isn't a more important position in hockey.
Agreed. Most definitely.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:14 AM
phamJET

This is great news, the fact that he still has a desire to play hockey, even if its with a less prominent league and team means he still has the fire and desire to continue playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
If the lock-out cancels the whole season, Teemu will play for Jokerit, it's been confirmed by the club.

phamJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 03:09 PM
QnebO

I just watched 2007 stanley cup final game 5, its full on youtube..

If getzlaf just allways was playing like that... dat morale

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Fighter
Legend

Quote:
And that's why we sucked last year. Perry wasn't as deadly as the previous season, Ryan seemed bothered by trade talks and Getzlaf simply wasn't there.
Selanne is way more than the supposedly fourth best player on the team, he is the face of our franchise and the guy who put Anaheim on the hockey map (with... ugh... Kariya).

Losing him and "moving on" (who's gonna replace such a legend?) won't help our Ducks one bit.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Jspiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
I just watched 2007 stanley cup final game 5, its full on youtube..

If getzlaf just allways was playing like that... dat morale

Thanks for the tip! For others interested in watching this game... here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsAP_JKKdI

Jspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspiral View Post
Thanks for the tip! For others interested in watching this game... here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onsAP_JKKdI
Ugh. Just watching the first few minutes of that game reminds me how much I miss Pronger and that checking line.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:02 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Ugh. Just watching the first few minutes of that game reminds me how much I miss Pronger and that checking line.
Scotty Nieds wasn't too shabby himself. Miss that guy.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Paul4587

I always though Rob Niedermayer was underappreaciated while he was here. Some fans absolutely hated him but he was one of the best guys in the league along the boards and could chew up tough defensive minutes by getting the puck deep in the offensive zone, winning board battles and making the other teams stars chase him and Pahlsson around.

But yeah, I definitely miss Nieds, Pronger and Pahlsson. Andy McDonald wouldn't be a bad choice to play 2nd line centre about now also....

Old
10-31-2012, 03:02 AM
QnebO

And the dustin penner played that game well too.. very powerfull player. Ducks were bad ass those days.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote