HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bourque out for 8 to 12 weeks

Old
08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
As a hockey fan, I don't have to like every player the Habs sign. I'm not a big fan of Rene. He doesn't play with heart and doesn't use his size. Pacioretty and Cole played under the same coach and system as Rene. They have a winner attidue and do their best to win every night. Rene has a bed reputation before coming to Montreal and he did nothing to change it.

I don't wish him harm and for his own career hope he changes his view on things because he's got potential to be a much better player and help a team win. But as of now, I wish him a full recovery but I won't miss him out there and would not be sad to see him traded.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Perhaps Bourque was playing hurt the whole time...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
CrazyShea

Habs out 8 to 12 months

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Andy

With Bourque out early, I guess that leaves Kaberle as this year's scapegoat.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:42 PM
SuperAwesomeSeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
This was exactly my first thought upon hearing the news

SuperAwesomeSeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
It's not like he was great before last year.
6'2 210 pound winger that averaged 27 goals for the past 3 seasons before this one for 3.3 million makes him a very good player. For some reason he sucked **** last season. If he gets back to his old ways... he's a legitimate top 6 power forward.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
This statement makes absolutely no sense. Why on earth would any fan 'hate' a player on their team.
There's plenty of reasons. Being a fan doesn't mean being delusional. As a fan, I still wish the best for every players that plays for my team but if he's not happy to be here or doesn't want to give an honest effort, I don't see why I should cheer for him but like I said, I'm still willing to give him another chance for this upcoming season because of the situation we were in last year was not the best for a newcomer.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Takashi

Now who is going to play in the 2nd line now?

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Protest the Hero

Well at least he won't miss any NHL hockey.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Belso

Quote:
This statement makes absolutely no sense. Why on earth would any fan 'hate' a player on their team.
A fan's ultimate goal is to see his team win the championship. I've only been watching hockey since 1989 and have only seen the Habs win one cup in that span.

When you have players on the team that care about their contracts more that playing the game and play for themselves over their team which cases the team to suffer as a whole we can get frustrated at that player. The same thing can be said about management. They can make decisions that hurt the team they took over. For example I hated Gauthier. He thought he was smarter than everyone and called all the shots. Kaberle isn't a bad person. Bourque seems like an ok guy too. Neither seem to be dirty. But they were both struggling when they were traded to Montreal and in their time here they didn't improve one bit. The team even got worse with time.

So it's not like most fans want player's head on a plater. But when I think a trade was bad and the analysts are all agreeing that a trade was bad, are we really surprised it didn't work out?

I hate Gauthier and I'm glad he has nothing to do with the team anymore. I hated Malakov for saying he has a sore neck and couldn't help the Habs in the playoffs, but a week later after they are eliminated he's skiing with his son. Fans in general will "hate" players for not caring about winning games. The Habs "hated" Malakov too and traded him after that incident.

But again, "hate" does not mean burning him at the stake. It just means they don't want them being part of the team.

For the record, I don't "hate" Gomez. He actually tried and is a good team guy. I just hate the contract and the fact that they played him so much just because he has a big contract and had some good seasons in the past. BUT if he comes to training camp in good shape and he does well in pre-season game being used in new system more suited for his style of play, I'll cheer him on.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
Unfortunately, this injury has more or less made Leblanc play on the big team...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Unfortunately, this injury has more or less made Leblanc play on the big team...
or gallagher... on the same line as gionta

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
A LW injury makes Palushaj the most likely to fill the spot, he's probably the best RW to move to the left side.

But I'd think Armstrong plays top six ahead of any of the rookies.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
The Habs have depth at the center position. I think Eller might be able to be moved to the wing for the first part of the season.

Desharnais, Plekanec, White and Nokelainen would be the 4 centers I can see them start the season with.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
A LW injury makes Palushaj the most likely to fill the spot, he's probably the best RW to move to the left side.

But I'd think Armstrong plays top six ahead of any of the rookies.
I would really like to see a line of White, Armstrong and Moen. 3 guys who can go out and play with energy, give some good hits and can score a few here and there.

If Palushaj doesn't look good in camp, I have a feeling the Habs will try and move him. He's not going to get much bigger or stronger and at 23 with other prospects knocking at the door (Leblanc, Gallagher) and a few other blue chips next season, there won't be much room for him.

Last edited by Belso: 08-29-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old
08-29-2012, 05:11 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
With DD on the other line.

And people thought we were small when our Top 6 consisted of:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn.

By no means am I a fanatic of size like some, but when 3 of your potential Top 6 players are under 5'8.. That could pose a serious issue, not that I think we have a legitimate shot this season anyways.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The amount of hate this guy gets for playing half a season on a last place team under a lame-duck coach is ridiculous.
The funniest part is if he was on another team everybody would be propsing deals as a "buy low" candidate.

It explains his late season struggles if he had an abdominal injury.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:25 PM

Didnt like what i saw from Bourque last year BUT i am willing to give him a chance to prove himself. The guy did score 27 goals/50+pts the 2 previous seasons so he can be productive.

My biggest grip with him is his style of play (not engaged enough and somewhat seem to lack motivation at times) but if he can get to those 25+ goals i am willing to accept him until we find a better replacement. However if he plays like a lazy **** i will be the first to want him to GTFO of town.

131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
With DD on the other line.

And people thought we were small when our Top 6 consisted of:

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn.

By no means am I a fanatic of size like some, but when 3 of your potential Top 6 players are under 5'8.. That could pose a serious issue, not that I think we have a legitimate shot this season anyways.
The only way you can play with such small forwards with puck possession. You can't dump in chase and it's so important to win faceoffs. The problem in my opinion is Plekanec and Desharnais are not great in Face-offs. But I don't see Desharnais playing with Gionta this season. Having 2 big wingers in Pacioretty and Cole really help take that physical pressure off Desharnais. Pacioretty and Cole's job will be to get the puck in the corners, have Desharnais use his hockey sense to get open and get puck to him and then use his passing skills to make plays. The Habs will also have both Markov and Subban this season to give good first passes out of the zone and let Desharnais skate the puck in and again use his hockey sense to make good plays.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Bad break for our top 6. Shows how badly we need scoring depth on the wing.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
But again, "hate" does not mean burning him at the stake. It just means they don't want them being part of the team.
Ummm no...... you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word hate. When an employer terminates or lays off an employee this does not constitute hate.

Quote:
I would really like to see a line of White, Armstrong and Moen. 3 guys who can go out and play with energy, give some good hits and can score a few here and there.
You would like to see a line of 3 wingers???? White is not a center and is only used in that role if the team is really in a pinch.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Edit: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/347034.html

No, according this press report, he injured himself while training for this season. So maybe we whipped him a little too much

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Ummm no...... you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word hate. When an employer terminates or lays off an employee this does not constitute hate.

An employer can hate an employee. I've heard employers say it out loud to me. Sometimes they can't just fire them because of unions and other labor rights. And in same cases I can't blame them. I've even meet someone who was hired by a company to negotiate with the union and she wanted to "sack" everyone. No joke.

Cammalleri being traded halfway through a game after he said the team was playing with a loser mentality and then not given his game jersey after the trade to me is a sign of hate towards a player. I have respect for Geoff for his act of sending mike his jersey and apologizing on behalf of the team for his treatment by the former administration.

You would like to see a line of 3 wingers???? White is not a center and is only used in that role if the team is really in a pinch.
An employer can hate an employee. I've heard employers say it out loud to me. Sometimes they can't just fire them because of unions and other labor rights. And in same cases I can't blame them. I've even meet someone who was hired by a company to negotiate with the union and she wanted to "sack" everyone. No joke.

Cammalleri being traded halfway through a game after he said the team was playing with a loser mentality and then not given his game jersey after the trade to me is a sign of hate towards a player. I have respect for Geoff for his act of sending mike his jersey and apologizing on behalf of the team for his treatment by the former administration.

White is a center according to TSN and Hockey's future. He might have been played on the wing in the last few seasons due position issues.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Maxpac

The player that HAS to seeze this oppurtinity is Geoffrion imo. With Gionta back the 2nd needs a strong player that will crash the net, and he has the frame to do it.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

White is a center according to TSN and Hockey's future. He might have been played on the wing in the last few seasons due position issues.
According to people who actually watch hockey Ryan White is a winger. He played center in junior but was quickly removed from that role when he turned pro. He was put on the wing because he is too slow to play center in the NHL. It is funny how people on this site treat players like EA sports commodities. I guess Markov is also a center because that is where he played in Russia prior to being drafted.

As far as the hate issue is concerned, your statement clearly stated that when a employer fires an employee it constitutes hatred. This is a ridiculous statement.........while hate is a possibility in this scenario, it is far from an absolute.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote