HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neuvy comments

Old
08-29-2012, 08:03 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
Kris Beech second line center! Is this the right thread?
Move this post to 1999/00 prospect thread please.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
And, as typically happens, a perfectly valid observation is soiled by compulsive hyperbole.

Want to start a thread? Be my guest, particularly if it's newsworthy. There's plenty of mega-merge worthy threads still standing on the first page if mods really wanted to have at it. Maybe it's not a matter of being over-moderated but an under-active forum. It's not hard to figure out why that may be between team performance and a rise in annoying posters.
But isn't it your responsibility as a mod to keep stuff like a conversation about a Cap blasting teammates/fmr coaches out of a thread about roster building & the cap?? This isn't new here, it goes back to the News & Notes threads that everything got lumped into before. I tried your suggestion of starting a new thread and you can see what happened. I will give you your latter point thou, with some of the newer annoying posters I find myself paying less & less attention to the forum (that coupled with it still being August).

Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:52 PM
The Viking Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Move this post to 1999/00 prospect thread please.
you mean 2006-2007 acq/roster moves

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
But isn't it your responsibility as a mod to keep stuff like a conversation about a Cap blasting teammates/fmr coaches out of a thread about roster building & the cap?? This isn't new here, it goes back to the News & Notes threads that everything got lumped into before.
Yeah but then it would just be lumped into N&N.

It's a discussion board, not primarily a news service. Secondarily it can certainly be used that way but there are plenty of sites and services for that if a highly digestible format is the utmost concern.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Yeah but then it would just be lumped into N&N.

It's a discussion board, not primarily a news service. Secondarily it can certainly be used that way but there are plenty of sites and services for that if a highly digestible format is the utmost concern.
But that's why I come here. I came looking for discussion on the Neuvy comments and wound up missing it all because it was in a thread about team acquisitions, which I could care less about because it's the end of August. Anyway, I've said my 2c so you can take it for what it's worth.

The irony of a thread about a players comments turning into a forum discussion is not lost on me..

Oh, and as for the news thing, you get breaking news faster on here than just about anywhere....strange but true.

Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote