HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Jordan Eberle vs Patrick Kane

View Poll Results: Who do you take?
Eberle 89 46.84%
Kane 101 53.16%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-29-2012, 01:34 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
I think Eberle will be consistently as good as he was last year. It wasn't a fluke year, he won't regress, but I also don't think he'll get much better than he is now. He should have a few better seasons than last though, as the other young stars grow into their roles and play full seasons, they'll help pad his stats. I can see 90 points in those odd years when the stars align.

The gap between Eberle and Kane is close. But even if Kane is a bit better, I'd much rather have Eberle on my team as I'm not a big fan of Kane, and he might pull an Ovechkin and drop off hard if he keeps partying like a maniac all the time.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 02:03 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Pretty debatable either way. Homer vote for Eberle.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
I'm taking Eberle on my team..If it's based on achievements, no doubt it's Kane so far as he has been a very prolific player that steps it up in the playoffs but let's not forget how stacked Chicago was when they won the Cup.

I don't think Kane is a franchise player. If Eberle progresses the way he has...he has the potential to be one without the baggage that Kane has.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Well the question is "who would you want on your team" not "who's the better player".
Why would anyone but Oilers homers distinguish the two? Wouldn't any sane individual want the better player on their team?

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Kane with ease. Have one down season, punch a cabbie here and there, and HF forgets quite easily how incredible you are offensively.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Why would anyone but Oilers homers distinguish the two? Wouldn't any sane individual want the better player on their team?
Cause he seems like a dbag and he beatz teh cab drivers! Always drunk!

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Patrick Kane. Just look at his playoff performance.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Eberle's really good, but I take 20 Cent.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:45 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Everyone has bad seasons, more or less. I think for last year most would have picked Eberle.

I think Kane has better ppg, though?
Last year? Eberle had 76 points in 78 games, while Kane had 66 points in 82 games.

Eberle's career PPG is 0.81, Kane's is 0.92. But that's to be expected for a 5 year pro compared to a 2 year pro.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:47 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Kane has a stanley Cup and is a first team all star. Also has a career high of 88 points.

I believe Eberle had a career year. I dont see him hitting 76 next year. Closer to 60.
I'd bet the only way Eberle only hits 60 is in a lockout shortened season.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:50 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Kane: 72 points in rookie season. Calder winner.
Eberle: 43 points in rookie season. Weird looking.

Kane, career high: 88 points. Stanley Cup.
Eberle, career high: 76 points. Draft lottery.
Just stating facts, you don't have to get mad just cause Eberle had the better year.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
Dont get me wrong. Kane is a star winger and would be very important player for any team in the NHL.

By saying he isnt the main piece to build around i didnt mean that he couldnt carry his team for some stretches. For me when we talk about 'players to build around' we mean players that you build around to win the cup.

In the regular season Kane can be more important to his team than in the playoffs but the Hawks wouldnt had even come close to winning the cup without Toews or Keith. Without Kane (but some other top 6 forward instead) they could've still gone far and possibly win.

Its mostly because of his style of play. Slick and small offensive wingers will never be the main pieces to build your team around. Thats just the way it is.
Kane had 28 points in that playoff run, 1 behind everyone's golden boy Toews. With an average top-6er instead of Kane, the Hawks don't even beat Nashville in the first round. Remember Game 5?

Lol, PK is so underrated, it's even spreading to some Hawk fans.
Sorry bud but you're out to lunch on this one.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Thats for sure. Kane has accomplished more, is more proven and the better player right now.

But Eberle is hard to not like since he seems so lethal and clutch based on last season. Maybe some people overrate him in terms of what he might become but i'd say right now, especially when Kane is struggling abit, they are very close to eachother.
Based on last season? The one where the Oilers were in the basement for a third straight year?

Eberle's clutch play in juniors is irrelevant in the NHL. You cannot pump his tires for being "lethal and clutch" and not say the same is true for Kane to a far larger degree, given Kane has actually proven to be a big-game player in the biggest league of them all.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2860
Eberle, easily.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Keep this discussion to on-ice production. Off-ice discussion has been removed from the thread, and it is not to return.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Derp Kassian

Kane cOming from a Canucks fan who watches both often. Kane has all the elite tools and ability, Eberle has the intagibles though. Still can't believe this poll is this close. Oilers fans trying to TSN it?

Derp Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:52 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Kane had 28 points in that playoff run, 1 behind everyone's golden boy Toews. With an average top-6er instead of Kane, the Hawks don't even beat Nashville in the first round. Remember Game 5?

Lol, PK is so underrated, it's even spreading to some Hawk fans.
Sorry bud but you're out to lunch on this one.
I knew you were going to bring that up. 1 point behind Toews who plays 1000x better defense than Kane.

Kane had a great post-season and was a significant part of them winning the cup but honestly, if you switch todays Eberle with Kane in that cup run, im 100 % sure the Hawks win it anyways. Based on how he seems to excel when his team needs it the most. So is Eberle a franchise player to you then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Based on last season? The one where the Oilers were in the basement for a third straight year?

Eberle's clutch play in juniors is irrelevant in the NHL. You cannot pump his tires for being "lethal and clutch" and not say the same is true for Kane to a far larger degree, given Kane has actually proven to be a big-game player in the biggest league of them all.
Im not speaking about the juniors. Im speaking about his play in the NHL. Seriously, watch all his goals and how important they were for his team. But you know, obviously when he alone didnt carry the Oilers to the playoffs he isnt nearly as good as Kane.. You know thats a stupid thing to say. Besides, i never said Kane isnt clutch or lethal.

I can see your point and accept it but if you cant see my argument then get real bud.

EDIT: found this thread http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...kane+franchise

I actually like the Batman reference in that thread. Kane makes for a very nice Robin but he is no Batman.

Last edited by Reikai: 08-30-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 03:16 AM
Sky04

Quote:

Kane had a great post-season and was a significant part of them winning the cup but honestly, if you switch todays Eberle with Kane in that cup run, im 100 % sure the Hawks win it anyways. So is Eberle a franchise player to you then?

Im not speaking about the juniors. Im speaking about his play in the NHL. Seriously, watch all his goals and how important they were for his team. But you know, obviously when he alone didnt carry the Oilers to the playoffs he isnt nearly as good as Kane.. You know thats a stupid thing to say. Besides, i never said Kane isnt clutch or lethal.
Actually no you can't say that, because Kane was THE best player in the finals and scored the most important goal in the entire playoffs. Sorry there's no way you could justify that statement no matter how stacked the Blackhawks were.

Also, he scored some "clutch" goals but this part of his game is getting overrated. Obviously his goals are important for them, same goes for just about any 30-40 goal scorer. Yes I know he scored a bunch of game-tying goals, however it shouldn't be overlooked that he only scored 4 gwg's... and 0 OTG's.

As far as the NHL career goes, Kane is more clutch thus far, until Eberle proves he can ( and I believe he will) step it up in the playoffs.

Sky04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Actually no you can't say that, because Kane was THE best player in the finals and scored the most important goal in the entire playoffs. Sorry there's no way you could justify that statement no matter how stacked the Blackhawks were.

As far as the NHL career goes, Kane is more clutch thus far, until Eberle proves he can ( and I believe he will) step it up in the playoffs.
Maybe i was abit out of line on that one but thats how i feel. So if you think Eberle will step it up in the playoffs, dont you think he would be at Kane's level then? Since he is already fairly close to him. I dont think thats ridicilous thing to assume that the Hawks would've won the cup with Eberle instead of Kane.

That cup winning goal is so overrated. The goal was on Leighton and if he stopped it like he should've and lets say Toews scores the winning goal oh boy that would've changed some things.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Rolen
sick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Last year? Eberle had 76 points in 78 games, while Kane had 66 points in 82 games.

Eberle's career PPG is 0.81, Kane's is 0.92. But that's to be expected for a 5 year pro compared to a 2 year pro.
.92 PPG for a five year pro is more impressive imo. Shows more consistency. What would Kane's PPG be without last years fluke?

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Sasso09

I'm sorry, but the fact that this is somewhat close is pretty disturbing, and i like Eberle.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EDM14OIL93 View Post
Just stating facts, you don't have to get mad just cause Eberle had the better year.
Yup.. and James Neal is better than...

Hossa
Tavares
Both Sedins
Kopitar
Toews
Kane
Elias
Thornton
Gaborik
St.Louis
Iginla
Sharp
E.Staal
Eriksson

ECT.

One superior year doesn't make the superior player. Now if both Kane and Eberle duplicate their stats from the 2012 season then you have an argument. I expect Kane to return to 80-85 points and Eberle to be around 65-70

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 10:48 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

1 point in 13 playoff games since 2010 for Kane. His playoff "clutch" ability is an anomaly until proven otherwise.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 10:50 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

After all, one superior year doesn't make the superior player.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Keep this discussion to on-ice production. Off-ice discussion has been removed from the thread, and it is not to return.
Since the OP asked who you would rather have on the team, wouldn't having off-ice issues matter in this discussion?

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote