HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

University/College Questions Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
shakenbake7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Anyone going to JMSB frosh? I'm thinking of hitting up some of the events, except I know absolutely no one in business (except Coldplay ).
I'll be everywhere (CASA Prez)... make sure you hit up EVERYTHING. This would be my 4th Frosh and we've gone above and beyond the previous three. The great thing about Frosh is that the vast majority of students are just like you; they know absolutely no one. So everyone is beyond welcoming and you'll literally make a hundred friends over the week. It bodes well when you begin walking into classes and you already know a bunch of people in the room. Most classes have group projects nowadays, so it will also help you out in that regard.

If anyone has any questions about YOFO/CASA Frosh/JMSB Frosh, don't be shy. I'll answer anything you guys have.

Old
08-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post
I'll be everywhere (CASA Prez)... make sure you hit up EVERYTHING. This would be my 4th Frosh and we've gone above and beyond the previous three. The great thing about Frosh is that the vast majority of students are just like you; they know absolutely no one. So everyone is beyond welcoming and you'll literally make a hundred friends over the week. It bodes well when you begin walking into classes and you already know a bunch of people in the room. Most classes have group projects nowadays, so it will also help you out in that regard.

If anyone has any questions about YOFO/CASA Frosh/JMSB Frosh, don't be shy. I'll answer anything you guys have.
This is my second year at JMSB and I received an invitation to Frosh in my e-mail.. does that mean I'm eligible for frosh again?

Old
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
shakenbake7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcrazy3 View Post
This is my second year at JMSB and I received an invitation to Frosh in my e-mail.. does that mean I'm eligible for frosh again?
Did you transfer from B.Admin to B.Comm by any chance?

Old
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
Did you transfer from B.Admin to B.Comm by any chance?
yah I did

Old
08-23-2012, 11:59 AM
shakenbake7

Quote:
yah I did
When you do that, the school puts you down onto the first-year student list that we get from the Dean of Students. In short, welcome to the greatest loophole of your undergraduate career.

Everyone who makes that switch gets thrown onto our list with the real newbies, but we can't decipher who did it and who didn't... so you'll be treated as a Froshie for that reason. Way to defeat the theme!

Old
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
When you do that, the school puts you down onto the first-year student list that we get from the Dean of Students. In short, welcome to the greatest loophole of your undergraduate career.

Everyone who makes that switch gets thrown onto our list with the real newbies, but we can't decipher who did it and who didn't... so you'll be treated as a Froshie for that reason. Way to defeat the theme!
WOOOOHOOO free food and ALCOHOL!!!

Old
08-23-2012, 12:18 PM
juve

Has anyone here took 3D Modeling at Lasalle College? I want to know if it's worth taking the program. Does anyone know the price? I've emailed them twice and got no response.

Old
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
zoomzoom

how is fina200 as an elective? easy?

Old
08-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Coldplay
Courage

How's this as a winter schedule?

I'm pumped and worried it might be a bit too much to handle, so MARK 486 (Product Strategy and Innovation) is on the hot seat.

Old
08-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Adamcrazy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

I'm pumped and worried it might be a bit too much to handle, so MARK 486 (Product Strategy and Innovation) is on the hot seat.

You have three 3 hour classes.. have fun sleeping

Old
08-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
You have three 3 hour classes.. have fun sleeping
Well not really much of a choice in that regard, the MARK classes come in 3 hour blocks. :/

Old
08-30-2012, 09:06 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

Speaking on schedule alone and not the courses themselves...I wish I had that sched every semester lol

Old
09-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Adamcrazy3

School starts tomorrow!!!! Anyone excited?!?

Old
09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Excited to finish, not existed to go to school.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Andros777

Quote:
YES!1!

I only get back tomorrow.

I have two three hour classes. Both on Aristotle. Gonna be wild.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:

5 classes isn't too bad, but the selection of classes....eeek.

COMM 308 is the worst class I've taken at JMSB - I worked my butt off for a B-, but its a compulsory so good luck.

MARK 453 may have changed the curriculum a little, but I took Advertising (think its called Marketing Communication now) last semester and the workload was pretty tough, but it's a pretty fun class and AFAIK there's no exam. Who's your prof for it?

I'm taking 454 this semester, I'll let you know how it goes...

I'm taking 486 next semester as well. We could be class buddies

Here's my fall schedule. yay for marketing and 3 hour classes

Old
09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
LyricalLyricist

Seeing the above schedules makes me think "I hate you"

Old
09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Seeing the above schedules makes me think "I hate you"
The schedules above makes me think "Lol school"

Second fall I don't have to go to school. I sincerely thought I'd miss school for a little bit. Well, I was wrong.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
InglewoodJack

Hey, I'm considering joining the Sports Marketing Committee at John Molson.
What does this comprise of? Like meetings every week, etc. with that big conference and outings?
Also, a question more for Coldplay (you're high up in JMSM, right? ), but are you guys still looking for a Director of Marketing? It seems like something I'd be really interested in applying for.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:18 AM
TheAntiPrice

Any of you remember there used to be this Chinese photocopy place on Mckay/Maisonneuve? Beside that Jolie Copie place that's still there? Like right across the Library entrance on Mckay.

You could take your newly purchased books from the bookstore there and they would photocopy the whole thing for you, then you could refund your book back to the bookstore, it was awesome.

It got shut down sometime in 2010 I believe. Anybody aware of any other similar place in Montreal where they photocopy your books for a price? Concordia's bookstore totally screws you over.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
UQAM or Ulaval for a master in ''science politique''

Old
09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
5 classes isn't too bad, but the selection of classes....eeek.

COMM 308 is the worst class I've taken at JMSB - I worked my butt off for a B-, but its a compulsory so good luck.

MARK 453 may have changed the curriculum a little, but I took Advertising (think its called Marketing Communication now) last semester and the workload was pretty tough, but it's a pretty fun class and AFAIK there's no exam. Who's your prof for it?

I'm taking 454 this semester, I'll let you know how it goes...

I'm taking 486 next semester as well. We could be class buddies

Here's my fall schedule. yay for marketing and 3 hour classes

I ended up dropping 454 due to concerns about 308 being a lot to handle, so maybe that'll make things better (scratch that: it is making things better). Though I hear Brent Pearce (is he your prof?) is the absolute man.

453 prof is Darlene Walsh.

I've heard awful things about 308, but it has to be done...and as an ex-Lypny'er, it can't really be all that bad, no?

Class buddies?

Your fall schedule doesn't look too bad, honestly, it could be worse. 3-hour classes do suck, but the positive is that you don't need to show up multiple times a week. Suffering once is better than suffering twice, if the class is terrible.

On the other hand, I'm taking 226 and CHEM 208 (both online) this fall while I finish up my internship. I hear 226 is DESC 200-revisited, so I can only hope it's that much of a cakewalk.

451 is something I am definitely interested in taking too - sounds a lot more useful than the web marketing class. Keep me posted, or I'll pepper you in 486 in a few months with questions.

Oh, and thanks for your continuous advice; it's been very valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Hey, I'm considering joining the Sports Marketing Committee at John Molson.
What does this comprise of? Like meetings every week, etc. with that big conference and outings?
Also, a question more for Coldplay (you're high up in JMSM, right? ), but are you guys still looking for a Director of Marketing? It seems like something I'd be really interested in applying for.
The committee's flagship event is the annual Sports Marketing Conference, going on its 17th year. This year's flavour is JMSM12, and we're putting a fair bit of work into making it awesome (shameless plug: details, and teaser site). We do organize other events throughout the year, but none come close to the magnitude of JMSM12.

It's been a great experience so far, and it teaches you a lot about working as part of a team. Looks good on your CV too. Apply, and you'll be reporting to me.

Last edited by Coldplay: 09-06-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old
09-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
UQAM or Ulaval for a master in ''science politique''
Political science? Do you start school on October 1st?

For the record, the majority of University of Montreal students start school on October 1st, the faculties who went on strike for extended periods.

Old
09-06-2012, 09:57 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Political science? Do you start school on October 1st?

For the record, the majority of University of Montreal students start school on October 1st, the faculties who went on strike for extended periods.
No I just finished my BAC in june (uottawa) and i don't know where to go next...

Old
09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiPrice View Post
Any of you remember there used to be this Chinese photocopy place on Mckay/Maisonneuve? Beside that Jolie Copie place that's still there? Like right across the Library entrance on Mckay.

You could take your newly purchased books from the bookstore there and they would photocopy the whole thing for you, then you could refund your book back to the bookstore, it was awesome.

It got shut down sometime in 2010 I believe. Anybody aware of any other similar place in Montreal where they photocopy your books for a price? Concordia's bookstore totally screws you over.
I usually buy the textbook off someone on Kijiji or Craigslist then sell it for the same price the next semester so I don't spend much money on books.

Only case was my Comm 217 where I had to buy the "access" key to get our homework because they don't sell the key by itself.

Closed Thread