HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HARBORcenter Thread

Old
08-29-2012, 01:00 PM
threeVo

vCash: 500
I moved downtown into a loft in June and coming from someone who plays hockey 2-3 days a week and gets tired of driving to the northtown center for league games this is beyond exciting. I can just hop on the train or even walk on nicer days.

Win

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

So far the only reported public dollars are PILOT and state brownfield credits. Buffalo isn't going to be asked to pony up anything more.

This is still a win then. The Sabres proposal has more hotel space than Paladino's did, that will also generate more bed tax revenue.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Insomniac99

In the mockups, I see the sign "Buffalo Grill" and "Buffalo Stampede Grill". Will there be multiple large restaurants in there, or is it just this signature Tim Horton's they keep talking about?

Insomniac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac99 View Post
In the mockups, I see the sign "Buffalo Grill" and "Buffalo Stampede Grill". Will there be multiple large restaurants in there, or is it just this signature Tim Horton's they keep talking about?
The proposal calls for almost 16,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space along Main and Scott Streets. I'd expect some eateries will end up in there for sure.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Insomniac99

Mr President Big Daddy Ted just said on WGR that they want to move New Era's signature store into the Webster block property, or at least open a new twin signature store. I think thats an awesome idea.

Last edited by Insomniac99: 08-29-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old
08-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
"I know something you don't know" rarely goes over well on the Internet.
There was a last minute addition that some of the space would be used to open a restaurant that serves human fetuses called 'Kaleta's'. It didn't go over too well with some people.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:29 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Mr President Big Daddy Ted just said on WGR that they want to move New Era's signature store into the Webster block property, or at least open a new twin signature store. I think thats an awesome idea.
If you listened to this interview I can confirm that I am one of those people he talks about who drives an hour to go to Tim Horton's.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
There is a Horton's. It's in the plaza level of the HSBC building -- been there for years.

08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Happy that some government or politician didn't get the land and the team got it. If you guys don't mind me coming in here (I don't think I say mean stuff) But I think the team owning this will help restore some economy. I know I'll probably grab a bite whenever I visit the FNC before the game and if these rinks are open to the public, I'd pay to skate there.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Bosswally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
There is a Horton's. It's in the plaza level of the HSBC building -- been there for years.
ya but is it a "destination" Tim Horton's

Bosswally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosswally View Post
Destination? What's that mean..like..Is it gonna be a huge 1?

Old
08-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Summit72

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew5580 View Post
certain things didn't come up for one reason or another. can't say much but I will say, their was def a reason why the decision got delayed for 2 weeks. the proposals you saw weren't entirely accurate. Don't get me wrong, I think both proposals are nice and I'm glad stuff is being done down there and I love Pegula's enthusiasm on and off the ice, however their is more to this that hasn't come out yet.
Are you referring to something that will be revealed at a later time? Will you explain what you mean when it does "come out"?

Summit72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:02 PM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Destination like it will be a Tim Horton/Sabre Shrine as well as Timmy Ho's maybe. The Canadians will eat this up!

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Destination like it will be a Tim Horton/Sabre Shrine as well as Timmy Ho's maybe. The Canadians will eat this up!
Oh I see. Kinda. I'll be that guy and go there to check it out but I am happy that the Sabres won the land. I'd like to work at the rinks, if that's even possible

Old
08-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post

They're going to sneak the Canadian cream across the border to make out double doubles the same as the Canadian ones. I've got a buddy who lives in Fort Erie and when he brings in timmy's for us it blows away the local stuff.

Last edited by Rebuild: 08-29-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Bosswally

awesome I read that there is going to be an elevated walkway connecting FNC and the HARBORcenter

Bosswally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:53 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Sounds great!

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post
They're going to sneak the Canadian cream across the border to make out double doubles the same as the Canadian ones. I've got a buddy who lives in Fort Erie and when he brings in timmy's for us it blows away the local stuff.
Hook me up. the Tim Horton's in UB is okay. But the students have no clue what a double double is :

Old
08-30-2012, 01:48 AM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

This place is pretty big, how many fireplaces do you think they can get in there?

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 06:21 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
From what I have heard, (WGR went into detail about this project both on my way home from work last night, and my way in this morning) there will be a sports bar and a restaurant included in the webster block. There will be a destination tim hortons as well, which is supposed to be dedicated to tim horton with all kinds of sabres and hockey memorobilia. Two ice rinks, a hotel, a parking garage, they are trying to get New Era to put something there, and have buffalo merchandise there that can't be bought anywhere else. There will be walkways, connecting it to the effin center as well. They also mentioned something about the Aerospace museum too. They want to open retail slace around it as well. They also mentioned that they are looking for more ideas for stuff to do in there as well. This is a fantastic way to start to sprout a revitilization of down town buffalo centered around the arena. If they can bring that area to life it would make the sabres game night/day experiance so much better.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:45 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
From what I have heard, (WGR went into detail about this project both on my way home from work last night, and my way in this morning) there will be a sports bar and a restaurant included in the webster block. There will be a destination tim hortons as well, which is supposed to be dedicated to tim horton with all kinds of sabres and hockey memorobilia. Two ice rinks, a hotel, a parking garage, they are trying to get New Era to put something there, and have buffalo merchandise there that can't be bought anywhere else. There will be walkways, connecting it to the effin center as well. They also mentioned something about the Aerospace museum too. They want to open retail slace around it as well. They also mentioned that they are looking for more ideas for stuff to do in there as well. This is a fantastic way to start to sprout a revitilization of down town buffalo centered around the arena. If they can bring that area to life it would make the sabres game night/day experiance so much better.
Love It!

Can we just give Pegula and his team pieces of downtown at a time, and let him and his team just build.

Even Pegula knows that the best way to make Buffalo a better place is to keep any of the government officals away from any input of what goes where.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Insomniac99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Love It!

Can we just give Pegula and his team pieces of downtown at a time, and let him and his team just build.

Even Pegula knows that the best way to make Buffalo a better place is to keep any of the government officals away from any input of what goes where.
I'd vote for him if he ran for mayor

Old
08-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosswally View Post
Judging by the lines between 9:30 and 11:00 in the morning, that little hole in the wall Timmy's is a destination of sorts.

I'm interested to see where the tunnel/walkway(s) are located upon completion. It seems the landing area at the top of the right-hand escalator would be the logical location.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:02 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Love It!

Well, that's not exactly true, since government officials decided who they would sell the land to based on what they were going to build.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:07 AM
sabregoat

Quote:
Love It!

Did I hear correctly on the news that as part of the deal, there will be "a cap of $500,000" on construction permits/fees for the project? Holy crap, no wonder nothing gets done with the high cost of permits.

sabregoat is offline   Reply With Quote