HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who are your big sleepers for the year??

Old
08-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Alright so I finally did my draft.

My sleepers which I have drafted this season are the following:

Coby Fleener - TE with the Colts. Played with Luck in college and had 10+ touchdowns with Luck. drafted in 10th round

Jeffrey WR Bears - Should have a solid start to his career with Chi. Maybe not a sleeper as he is expected to do big things but I picked him up in the 9th round.

+ made a big trade for Decker. . . . . . . took a big risk by trading a top 10 WR for him but oh well. HOpefully it pans out........not going to say who as I may look like a dumbass for the trade lol but It was not Megatron.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:34 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Guys I've targeted include:
Donald Brown
Torrey Smith
Jon Baldwin
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Brandon LaFell
Nate Washington

Don't know if Cutler and Schaub qualify, but I think either has a chance to end up a top-8 QB.

And I really like Isaiah Pead, but I don't know that he'll see enough time to be worth rostering.
I see ...

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 03:56 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I have been going all in on a tandem of Jermaine Gresham and Kyle Rudolph as my tight ends....I am a firm believer in both these cats cracking the top 10 this year.... if you see either of them out there I would suggest getting them especially Rudolph who you can easily land as a #2 TE..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 03:57 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Alright so I finally did my draft.

My sleepers which I have drafted this season are the following:

Coby Fleener - TE with the Colts. Played with Luck in college and had 10+ touchdowns with Luck. drafted in 10th round

Jeffrey WR Bears - Should have a solid start to his career with Chi. Maybe not a sleeper as he is expected to do big things but I picked him up in the 9th round.

+ made a big trade for Decker. . . . . . . took a big risk by trading a top 10 WR for him but oh well. HOpefully it pans out........not going to say who as I may look like a dumbass for the trade lol but It was not Megatron.
hopefully not Julio Jones

Old
09-05-2012, 04:01 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Guys I've targeted include:
Donald Brown
Torrey Smith
Jon Baldwin
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Brandon LaFell
Nate Washington

Don't know if Cutler and Schaub qualify, but I think either has a chance to end up a top-8 QB.

And I really like Isaiah Pead, but I don't know that he'll see enough time to be worth rostering.
I honestly have Torrey Smith in all 5 of my leagues as my #3 wideout! I am so high on this kid as a top 20 receiver, he will make me a very happy man if he does what many think he will....but if this dude gets hurt, all 5 teams will suffer!!!

I also like Nate Washington with or without Britt playing. Locker is a much different QB then Hassleback, and Locker loves to let it fly...Locker and Washington have great rapport already and I see this Titans passing attack as a top 10 attack this year...

Old
09-05-2012, 10:56 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I also like Kevin Ogletree a lot....kid could have a breakout year taking over for Laurent Robinson.....

Old
09-07-2012, 11:07 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I will be the first to jump on the Knowshon Moreno bandwagon....always liked this cat, now a #2 back in Denver, he is one likely injury away to McGahee from being the starter....heck yeah he is a bigtime sleeper with huge upside...

Old
09-17-2012, 09:05 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I think Sundays game made it pretty clear that Lafell is going to be a big part of the Panthers offense all season. I'm mad I started Blackmon & his zero points instead of him.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I have been going all in on a tandem of Jermaine Gresham and Kyle Rudolph as my tight ends....I am a firm believer in both these cats cracking the top 10 this year.... if you see either of them out there I would suggest getting them especially Rudolph who you can easily land as a #2 TE..
I'm using Rudolph as my #1 TE right now. He's going to get red zone targets and Ponder loves him, giving him plenty of reception opportunities. He had two red zone targets on Sunday, one was tipped on the goal line and one he converted. For my drafts, if I don't get one of the big 4 or 5 TEs, I'll usually hold off and get one late round or on waivers (like Rudolph).

You commented on Moreno, he burned me last year, I drafted him as a number 2 RB and got torched. I fortunately had picked up Sproles in the later rounds who filled in nicely, but I don't really trust him this year. McGahee might be an injury worry, but Moreno's no pillar of health either.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 10:39 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I'm using Rudolph as my #1 TE right now. He's going to get red zone targets and Ponder loves him, giving him plenty of reception opportunities. He had two red zone targets on Sunday, one was tipped on the goal line and one he converted. For my drafts, if I don't get one of the big 4 or 5 TEs, I'll usually hold off and get one late round or on waivers (like Rudolph).

You commented on Moreno, he burned me last year, I drafted him as a number 2 RB and got torched. I fortunately had picked up Sproles in the later rounds who filled in nicely, but I don't really trust him this year. McGahee might be an injury worry, but Moreno's no pillar of health either.
well forget about Moreno now!! hahahaha

if the dude cant hang on to the ball, he wont have a job.

I just see McGahee as getting older and should split more carries, but it could be Ball that gets that chance as Moreno just doesnt add much right now.

The kid to target is Daryl Richardson -rb -STL... I have no doubt that Steven Jackson will get hurt this year, and this kid had over 100 total yards replacing him last week. Its barely week 3 and Jackson has groin issues, if you can stash Richardson on your bench, do so now as the kid could be a huge pickup if Jackson goes down....and if Jackson doesnt, I still see this kid working in a lot and resting Jackson so not a bad pickup here...