HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-26-2012, 03:17 PM
  #226
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Whats the word on collberg I heard he is being used as a 13th forward in this tourny worries me a bit because I was hoping he'd earn ice time

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
  #227
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
http://www.nhlpa.com/news/headlines/...-nhl-prospects

Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and Tinordi invited to the NHLPA rookie showcase. Only 30 prospects gets an invite.
That's great. Nice little shot of confidence to them as well.

I'm really happy with Tinordi's progression the past year, he's gone from a prospect that you couldn't dream on pencilling in an NHL line up for atleast another 5-6 years to a player that looks like after a year or two in the A is going to be ready.

This season is an important one in my opinion regarding Beaulieu as I feel he didn't improve a drastic amount over his draft year. Still. World class talent and already has what would be considered great skating at the NHL level. I think he could play in the NHL now, but I don't think it's in his best interests.

JGRB is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 06:26 PM
  #228
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
That's great. Nice little shot of confidence to them as well.

I'm really happy with Tinordi's progression the past year, he's gone from a prospect that you couldn't dream on pencilling in an NHL line up for atleast another 5-6 years to a player that looks like after a year or two in the A is going to be ready.

This season is an important one in my opinion regarding Beaulieu as I feel he didn't improve a drastic amount over his draft year. Still. World class talent and already has what would be considered great skating at the NHL level. I think he could play in the NHL now, but I don't think it's in his best interests.
I don't understand how anyone can think this, when Tinordi has been hands down one of the best prospects at every training camp.

His defensive play has always been a head above every prospect in the organization since he was drafted. The first time I saw him play was enough for me to convince me that he was NHL material in 2-3 years. I guarantee that if there's a season this year, Tinordi will be called up at some point and never go back down.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 10:07 PM
  #229
pc_md
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
I don't understand how anyone can think this, when Tinordi has been hands down one of the best prospects at every training camp.

His defensive play has always been a head above every prospect in the organization since he was drafted. The first time I saw him play was enough for me to convince me that he was NHL material in 2-3 years. I guarantee that if there's a season this year, Tinordi will be called up at some point and never go back down
Not really. I guess you did not see him play during his first year in London. He really has improved a lot this season. He still needs to work on a few things but his progression is exactly what you'd wish from a guy with his size and skating.

pc_md is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 10:43 PM
  #230
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
I don't understand how anyone can think this, when Tinordi has been hands down one of the best prospects at every training camp.

His defensive play has always been a head above every prospect in the organization since he was drafted. The first time I saw him play was enough for me to convince me that he was NHL material in 2-3 years. I guarantee that if there's a season this year, Tinordi will be called up at some point and never go back down.
I think you may well be right, but I think it would be a mistake to make Tinordi a full time NHLer with less than a full season (or at least close to) in the A. For his own best development I'd look for him to get callups next year, but be sent back down to finish the season in the A, especially if the Dogs are playoff bound (a fairly big if at this point.)

There is no rush with this guy. Just because he can compete in the NHL doesn't mean it's the best thing for him. The one thing this org needs to learn, IMO, is patience.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
  #231
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
Watched games 3 and 4 of the Can-Russ series again today. Hudon really impressed. Not an elite prospect, but a prospect with elite upside. Loved his drive. He had so many opportunities where he wasn't really a huge threat to score, but he created chaos out them nonetheless. If he he didn't have a good shot, he created rebounds. His positioning, hockey sense and drive were impossible to miss. Absolute dream of a late round pick. Odds are, to be honest, he never makes it to the NHL in any significant way, but if he does, it will be as a 40 point player minimum. Minimum.

He really was THE standout team Canada player as a late round pick. He was very, very noticeable more shifts than not.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 05:10 AM
  #232
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Watched games 3 and 4 of the Can-Russ series again today. Hudon really impressed. Not an elite prospect, but a prospect with elite upside. Loved his drive. He had so many opportunities where he wasn't really a huge threat to score, but he created chaos out them nonetheless. If he he didn't have a good shot, he created rebounds. His positioning, hockey sense and drive were impossible to miss. Absolute dream of a late round pick. Odds are, to be honest, he never makes it to the NHL in any significant way, but if he does, it will be as a 40 point player minimum. Minimum.

He really was THE standout team Canada player as a late round pick. He was very, very noticeable more shifts than not.
I think that as of now, we can really be glad that he performed that well making him a real contender to be in the next WJC which in the end, is the next goal. The rest....we'll we will see. But making the WJC is actually way better than I ever thought he could do.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 07:39 AM
  #233
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I think that as of now, we can really be glad that he performed that well making him a real contender to be in the next WJC which in the end, is the next goal. The rest....we'll we will see. But making the WJC is actually way better than I ever thought he could do.
Me too, but he's earned consideration at least.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
  #234
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Me too, but he's earned consideration at least.
I think Hudon has done more than just earn consideration... That was already achieved when he was invited to take part in this series. With his performance, I would say he has pretty much cemented a spot on that team. The only factors that would keep him out at this point are injuries or a prolonged lock-out.


Last edited by Fozz: 08-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Fozz is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 11:45 AM
  #235
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Watched games 3 and 4 of the Can-Russ series again today. Hudon really impressed. Not an elite prospect, but a prospect with elite upside. Loved his drive. He had so many opportunities where he wasn't really a huge threat to score, but he created chaos out them nonetheless. If he he didn't have a good shot, he created rebounds. His positioning, hockey sense and drive were impossible to miss. Absolute dream of a late round pick. Odds are, to be honest, he never makes it to the NHL in any significant way, but if he does, it will be as a 40 point player minimum. Minimum.

He really was THE standout team Canada player as a late round pick. He was very, very noticeable more shifts than not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I think that as of now, we can really be glad that he performed that well making him a real contender to be in the next WJC which in the end, is the next goal. The rest....we'll we will see. But making the WJC is actually way better than I ever thought he could do.
Timmins finally enjoyed an Entry Draft in which his draft position allowed him to take the players he had in mind to pick.Hudon may quite easily(Improve Skating) join Brendan Gallagher as another determined young player with loads of talent picked in the 5th round that will be a Hab.

S Bah is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 03:45 PM
  #236
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,345
vCash: 500
Any links for pictures ?

Analyzer is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
  #237
Andros777
Registered User
 
Andros777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Whether it's in the NHL or the AHL I can't WAIT to see what Brendan Gallagher does this season. I feel like a lot of people have forgotten how good he was this time last year.

Andros777 is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
  #238
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Whether it's in the NHL or the AHL I can't WAIT to see what Brendan Gallagher does this season. I feel like a lot of people have forgotten how good he was this time last year.
I havent I went to every training camp practice to watch him and Emelin last year and was super pumped when he got a few games in preseason ... I love his game! Cant wait just like you.

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 08:03 AM
  #239
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
a glimpse into the future

- from a game earlier this month

Sam I Am is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 09:35 AM
  #240
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
a glimpse into the future

- from a game earlier this month
You can see from that clip that there's no cheating in his game. Always involved and always in movement.

Fozz is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
  #241
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
You can see from that clip that there's no cheating in his game. Always involved and always in movement.
It's only 1 game but he does seem to have a sense of where to be on the ice. Like the skating and stick-handling too.

Sam I Am is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 12:16 PM
  #242
Maitz
Chucky#27
 
Maitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
a glimpse into the future

- from a game earlier this month
Really remind me of Marian Hossa on some shifts, still have some sick stickhandling move. Love what I saw from a guy that missed a whole year of development.

Maitz is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 01:15 PM
  #243
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
He really does need to work on his faceoffs, though

overlords is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 02:58 PM
  #244
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 500
Bozon had a goal in Kamloops pre-season. No one mentioned it so...

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 09:03 PM
  #245
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
This may be old news but I heard that Charles Sarault from Sarnia Sting will be invited to our rookie camp. He attended the Leafs prospect camp earlier in the summer. I apologize if this is really old news....I haven't been on this board much in recent weeks.

Schooner Guy is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
  #246
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
This may be old news but I heard that Charles Sarault from Sarnia Sting will be invited to our rookie camp. He attended the Leafs prospect camp earlier in the summer. I apologize if this is really old news....I haven't been on this board much in recent weeks.
Probably true:

Ryan Spooner ‏@RSpooner2376

Congrats to my boy @sarault12 for his invite to montreal camp! Kids worked hard. #appletree #greatflow

https://twitter.com/RSpooner2376/sta...52807710085120

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
  #247
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,941
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
This may be old news but I heard that Charles Sarault from Sarnia Sting will be invited to our rookie camp. He attended the Leafs prospect camp earlier in the summer. I apologize if this is really old news....I haven't been on this board much in recent weeks.
Interesting if true, had 87 points last year to lead the Sting. 67 assists. Can we call him accepting an invite the 'Galchenyuk effect'? I would imagine it was a factor.

He's from Eastern Ontario and a community called Fournier, combine that with his french name, gotta figure he's a francophone.

Spooner was on the Sting for a bit last year, and played with Sarault in Kingston the previous year, so this seems legit.

Now will this rookie camp actually take place due to CBA mess?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
  #248
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,762
vCash: 500
Will see if that's true....but apparently Hudon "might" have suffered a broken ankle after a hit from our own Archambault....talk about the injury bug yet again. But now, we injure our own.....I mean, might as well do it between us....Let's wait for more news...might be nothing.....

https://twitter.com/cfortier23/statu...29005710086145

But if serious...that would suck immensely....and I didn't think I'd be saying this.....But Hudon needs as much playing time he can for the WJC.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 08-31-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
  #249
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Will see if that's true....but apparently Hudon "might" have suffered a broken ankle after a hit from our own Archambault....talk about the injury bug yet again. But now, we injure our own.....I mean, might as well do it between us....

Let's wait for more news...might be nothing.....

https://twitter.com/cfortier23/statu...29005710086145
It was an accident. They both fell on the ice and Hudon's ankle took the hit. He looked like he suffered a lot and after the game, he was seen leaving the arena on crutches and something holding his ankle.

SergeConstantin74 is online now  
Old
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
  #250
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Oh it's true about Sarault being invited....heard it from reliable source this evening. I just didn't know whether it was common knowledge. His 67 assists last season led the OHL.

I hope the Hudon injury isn't too serious. It would be awful timing for the kid after such an impressive Canada-Russia challenge. I was at the final game of the challenge series in Halifax and he sure didn't look like the weak skater he gets criticized as.

Schooner Guy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.