HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

vCash: 500
Whats the word on collberg I heard he is being used as a 13th forward in this tourny worries me a bit because I was hoping he'd earn ice time

Old
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
http://www.nhlpa.com/news/headlines/...-nhl-prospects

Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and Tinordi invited to the NHLPA rookie showcase. Only 30 prospects gets an invite.
That's great. Nice little shot of confidence to them as well.

I'm really happy with Tinordi's progression the past year, he's gone from a prospect that you couldn't dream on pencilling in an NHL line up for atleast another 5-6 years to a player that looks like after a year or two in the A is going to be ready.

This season is an important one in my opinion regarding Beaulieu as I feel he didn't improve a drastic amount over his draft year. Still. World class talent and already has what would be considered great skating at the NHL level. I think he could play in the NHL now, but I don't think it's in his best interests.

Old
08-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
That's great. Nice little shot of confidence to them as well.

I'm really happy with Tinordi's progression the past year, he's gone from a prospect that you couldn't dream on pencilling in an NHL line up for atleast another 5-6 years to a player that looks like after a year or two in the A is going to be ready.

This season is an important one in my opinion regarding Beaulieu as I feel he didn't improve a drastic amount over his draft year. Still. World class talent and already has what would be considered great skating at the NHL level. I think he could play in the NHL now, but I don't think it's in his best interests.
I don't understand how anyone can think this, when Tinordi has been hands down one of the best prospects at every training camp.

His defensive play has always been a head above every prospect in the organization since he was drafted. The first time I saw him play was enough for me to convince me that he was NHL material in 2-3 years. I guarantee that if there's a season this year, Tinordi will be called up at some point and never go back down.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:07 PM
pc_md

Quote:
I don't understand how anyone can think this, when Tinordi has been hands down one of the best prospects at every training camp.

His defensive play has always been a head above every prospect in the organization since he was drafted. The first time I saw him play was enough for me to convince me that he was NHL material in 2-3 years. I guarantee that if there's a season this year, Tinordi will be called up at some point and never go back down
Not really. I guess you did not see him play during his first year in London. He really has improved a lot this season. He still needs to work on a few things but his progression is exactly what you'd wish from a guy with his size and skating.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post

His defensive play has always been a head above every prospect in the organization since he was drafted. The first time I saw him play was enough for me to convince me that he was NHL material in 2-3 years. I guarantee that if there's a season this year, Tinordi will be called up at some point and never go back down.
I think you may well be right, but I think it would be a mistake to make Tinordi a full time NHLer with less than a full season (or at least close to) in the A. For his own best development I'd look for him to get callups next year, but be sent back down to finish the season in the A, especially if the Dogs are playoff bound (a fairly big if at this point.)

There is no rush with this guy. Just because he can compete in the NHL doesn't mean it's the best thing for him. The one thing this org needs to learn, IMO, is patience.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Bullsmith

Watched games 3 and 4 of the Can-Russ series again today. Hudon really impressed. Not an elite prospect, but a prospect with elite upside. Loved his drive. He had so many opportunities where he wasn't really a huge threat to score, but he created chaos out them nonetheless. If he he didn't have a good shot, he created rebounds. His positioning, hockey sense and drive were impossible to miss. Absolute dream of a late round pick. Odds are, to be honest, he never makes it to the NHL in any significant way, but if he does, it will be as a 40 point player minimum. Minimum.

He really was THE standout team Canada player as a late round pick. He was very, very noticeable more shifts than not.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Watched games 3 and 4 of the Can-Russ series again today. Hudon really impressed. Not an elite prospect, but a prospect with elite upside. Loved his drive. He had so many opportunities where he wasn't really a huge threat to score, but he created chaos out them nonetheless. If he he didn't have a good shot, he created rebounds. His positioning, hockey sense and drive were impossible to miss. Absolute dream of a late round pick. Odds are, to be honest, he never makes it to the NHL in any significant way, but if he does, it will be as a 40 point player minimum. Minimum.

He really was THE standout team Canada player as a late round pick. He was very, very noticeable more shifts than not.
I think that as of now, we can really be glad that he performed that well making him a real contender to be in the next WJC which in the end, is the next goal. The rest....we'll we will see. But making the WJC is actually way better than I ever thought he could do.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I think that as of now, we can really be glad that he performed that well making him a real contender to be in the next WJC which in the end, is the next goal. The rest....we'll we will see. But making the WJC is actually way better than I ever thought he could do.
Me too, but he's earned consideration at least.

Old
08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Me too, but he's earned consideration at least.
I think Hudon has done more than just earn consideration... That was already achieved when he was invited to take part in this series. With his performance, I would say he has pretty much cemented a spot on that team. The only factors that would keep him out at this point are injuries or a prolonged lock-out.

Last edited by Fozz: 08-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old
08-29-2012, 11:45 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:

Quote:
Timmins finally enjoyed an Entry Draft in which his draft position allowed him to take the players he had in mind to pick.Hudon may quite easily(Improve Skating) join Brendan Gallagher as another determined young player with loads of talent picked in the 5th round that will be a Hab.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Any links for pictures ?

Old
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Andros777

Whether it's in the NHL or the AHL I can't WAIT to see what Brendan Gallagher does this season. I feel like a lot of people have forgotten how good he was this time last year.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Whether it's in the NHL or the AHL I can't WAIT to see what Brendan Gallagher does this season. I feel like a lot of people have forgotten how good he was this time last year.
I havent I went to every training camp practice to watch him and Emelin last year and was super pumped when he got a few games in preseason ... I love his game! Cant wait just like you.

Old
08-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Sam I Am

a glimpse into the future

- from a game earlier this month

Old
08-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post

You can see from that clip that there's no cheating in his game. Always involved and always in movement.

Old
08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
You can see from that clip that there's no cheating in his game. Always involved and always in movement.
It's only 1 game but he does seem to have a sense of where to be on the ice. Like the skating and stick-handling too.

Old
08-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post

Really remind me of Marian Hossa on some shifts, still have some sick stickhandling move. Love what I saw from a guy that missed a whole year of development.

Old
08-30-2012, 01:15 PM
overlords
Hfboards

He really does need to work on his faceoffs, though

Old
08-31-2012, 02:58 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Bozon had a goal in Kamloops pre-season. No one mentioned it so...

Old
08-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Schooner Guy

This may be old news but I heard that Charles Sarault from Sarnia Sting will be invited to our rookie camp. He attended the Leafs prospect camp earlier in the summer. I apologize if this is really old news....I haven't been on this board much in recent weeks.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
This may be old news but I heard that Charles Sarault from Sarnia Sting will be invited to our rookie camp. He attended the Leafs prospect camp earlier in the summer. I apologize if this is really old news....I haven't been on this board much in recent weeks.
Probably true:

Ryan Spooner ‏@RSpooner2376

Congrats to my boy @sarault12 for his invite to montreal camp! Kids worked hard. #appletree #greatflow

https://twitter.com/RSpooner2376/sta...52807710085120

Habs Prospects website
Old
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Interesting if true, had 87 points last year to lead the Sting. 67 assists. Can we call him accepting an invite the 'Galchenyuk effect'? I would imagine it was a factor.

He's from Eastern Ontario and a community called Fournier, combine that with his french name, gotta figure he's a francophone.

Spooner was on the Sting for a bit last year, and played with Sarault in Kingston the previous year, so this seems legit.

Now will this rookie camp actually take place due to CBA mess?

Old
08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Will see if that's true....but apparently Hudon "might" have suffered a broken ankle after a hit from our own Archambault....talk about the injury bug yet again. But now, we injure our own.....I mean, might as well do it between us....Let's wait for more news...might be nothing.....

https://twitter.com/cfortier23/statu...29005710086145

But if serious...that would suck immensely....and I didn't think I'd be saying this.....But Hudon needs as much playing time he can for the WJC.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 08-31-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Will see if that's true....but apparently Hudon "might" have suffered a broken ankle after a hit from our own Archambault....talk about the injury bug yet again. But now, we injure our own.....I mean, might as well do it between us....

Let's wait for more news...might be nothing.....

https://twitter.com/cfortier23/statu...29005710086145
It was an accident. They both fell on the ice and Hudon's ankle took the hit. He looked like he suffered a lot and after the game, he was seen leaving the arena on crutches and something holding his ankle.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Schooner Guy

Oh it's true about Sarault being invited....heard it from reliable source this evening. I just didn't know whether it was common knowledge. His 67 assists last season led the OHL.

I hope the Hudon injury isn't too serious. It would be awful timing for the kid after such an impressive Canada-Russia challenge. I was at the final game of the challenge series in Halifax and he sure didn't look like the weak skater he gets criticized as.

Closed Thread