HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
  #76
bidzey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 781
vCash: 50
you can follow the world cup results here

bidzey is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 07:40 AM
  #77
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Here is a link to the final game of world cup.
http://www.youtube.com/KHLofficialvideo/

BigBuck is online now  
Old
08-26-2012, 09:08 AM
  #78
SuperAwesomeSeb
Registered User
 
SuperAwesomeSeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sudbury,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Here is a link to the final game of world cup.
http://www.youtube.com/KHLofficialvideo/
Thank You!

SuperAwesomeSeb is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 09:55 AM
  #79
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAwesomeSeb View Post
Thank You!
You're welcome. Congrats to Sudbury. What a way to start the year for the Wolves "World Cup Champs". Great game to watch and the players were very happy with the win,I liked Phil Esposito handing out the medals he was excited as the players.

BigBuck is online now  
Old
08-26-2012, 10:20 AM
  #80
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
You're welcome. Congrats to Sudbury. What a way to start the year for the Wolves "World Cup Champs". Great game to watch and the players were very happy with the win,I liked Phil Esposito handing out the medals he was excited as the players.
Congrats boys! Hopefully they can take this momentum into the season.

Oh and did you notice that Phil Esposito wanted to give Vienneau a second medal?

Loosie is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 02:13 PM
  #81
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 500
Congrats to the Wolves they represented Canada,the CHL and OHL very well
PS very happy they defeated the 2nd best team in the USHL way to go boys

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
  #82
TheNorth
Better Call Saul
 
TheNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
We have tough decisions to make with our OA's this season,
We can keep 3 OA's right? I'd go with Kantor, Vienneau, and Dodero
or if we decide to just go with Chartrand in net, keep Schoenmakers and get rid of Hanes

TheNorth is online now  
Old
08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
  #83
Oilers4life1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
How did campagna look at this tourny.

Oilers4life1987 is offline  
Old
08-26-2012, 09:50 PM
  #84
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,402
vCash: 500
de Haan will make the team, right?

Manked is offline  
Old
08-28-2012, 08:56 PM
  #85
SuperAwesomeSeb
Registered User
 
SuperAwesomeSeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sudbury,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Alright boys nice!! Lets hope they can bring a winning season as well. This tourney probably got me more excited for OHL hockey

SuperAwesomeSeb is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
  #86
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
2012-13

Anyone gave some thoughts on this years roster? Went to Russia with more than they need so curious who is in and who is out?

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 09:40 AM
  #87
kenadian
Registered User
 
kenadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Really? You posted in every team thread asking fans to NAME their source........good luck with that.




What happened? Guess no one took you up on NAMING their source?


Last edited by kenadian: 08-31-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Original post removed
kenadian is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 03:17 PM
  #88
howlman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Wolves acquire 94 born forward Ray Huether from Barrie. They gave up a 5th and 10th rounder for him. This looks like a steal for Sudbury this guy has the potential to be a big time scorer in the OHL. Barrie fans are puzzled by this deal, he was having a great camp in Barrie. I'm not sure why Barrie would deal him so cheap and on top of that why Barrie would deal him to a divisional rival, it puzzles me as well something more perhaps to this but as it stands now this looks great for Sudbury. Again Sudbury has further added to their log jam up front, look for more trades to come. I'd love to see Sudbury pull off an early blockbuster and add a top end guy. I think the Wolves are going to surprise alot of teams this year if certain pieces fall into place. Goaltending will be key.

howlman is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 12:24 PM
  #89
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Wolves acquire 94 born forward Ray Huether from Barrie. They gave up a 5th and 10th rounder for him. This looks like a steal for Sudbury this guy has the potential to be a big time scorer in the OHL. Barrie fans are puzzled by this deal, he was having a great camp in Barrie. I'm not sure why Barrie would deal him so cheap and on top of that why Barrie would deal him to a divisional rival, it puzzles me as well something more perhaps to this but as it stands now this looks great for Sudbury. Again Sudbury has further added to their log jam up front, look for more trades to come. I'd love to see Sudbury pull off an early blockbuster and add a top end guy. I think the Wolves are going to surprise alot of teams this year if certain pieces fall into place. Goaltending will be key.
Was drafted by Saginaw. Played 7 games in his rookie season with Saginaw but assume traded somewhere along the way to Barrie.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
09-02-2012, 07:18 AM
  #90
Arsenault
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Was drafted by Saginaw. Played 7 games in his rookie season with Saginaw but assume traded somewhere along the way to Barrie.
Any news from up north, any chance kids who did not make the Russia trip crack this line up? Also who might be getting drop from their Russia roster and who as an in for the 3 OA spots?

Arsenault is offline  
Old
09-02-2012, 11:26 PM
  #91
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
What do the wolves look like this year? Buying or selling?

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
09-03-2012, 12:09 AM
  #92
TheNorth
Better Call Saul
 
TheNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What do the wolves look like this year? Buying or selling?
You never know with the wolves

TheNorth is online now  
Old
09-04-2012, 09:16 AM
  #93
Arsenault
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
You never know with the wolves
Cut down their roster to 28 yesterday, not too many surprises other than Hanes who was traded or released prior to blue and white game and Vilardi who was reassigned to his home centre. Prong AP for the last two years, finally made the roster and is joined by DeHass and Cummins as the new comer to the D. Up front they added their two European imports (who looked great in the Rookie scrimmage Sunday but disappeared during the Blue and White game), Huether (acquired from Barrie who looked good during the weekend) and I assume Burgess who did not play any games or participate in the practice due to a concussion received in Russia. Also I believe Desroschers, AP for last few years made the roster. Not sure what happened with Coulton Spicer, as at rookie camp looked strong and played well but was sent back home prior to Monday's Blue and White game. Also Racino official retired from Hockey due to recurring concussion issues.

Overall the teams looks strong and should be a contender , will need to bulk up on D however if they are planning to go all the way. Goaltending (Vienneau/Dupuis) might also be an issue, strong but not exceptional.

As to the rookies let go after yesterday, no one of note except possibly 1 or 2 players that could eventually play big roles in the organization, still 1 year away from playing OHL however. Also I was surprised not to see Crampton (95 D) as he was quite strong at their rookie camp, maybe he decided to follow the NCAA route.

Arsenault is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 10:12 AM
  #94
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Cut down their roster to 28 yesterday, not too many surprises other than Hanes who was traded or released prior to blue and white game and Vilardi who was reassigned to his home centre. Prong AP for the last two years, finally made the roster and is joined by DeHass and Cummins as the new comer to the D. Up front they added their two European imports (who looked great in the Rookie scrimmage Sunday but disappeared during the Blue and White game), Huether (acquired from Barrie who looked good during the weekend) and I assume Burgess who did not play any games or participate in the practice due to a concussion received in Russia. Also I believe Desroschers, AP for last few years made the roster. Not sure what happened with Coulton Spicer, as at rookie camp looked strong and played well but was sent back home prior to Monday's Blue and White game. Also Racino official retired from Hockey due to recurring concussion issues.

Overall the teams looks strong and should be a contender , will need to bulk up on D however if they are planning to go all the way. Goaltending (Vienneau/Dupuis) might also be an issue, strong but not exceptional.

As to the rookies let go after yesterday, no one of note except possibly 1 or 2 players that could eventually play big roles in the organization, still 1 year away from playing OHL however. Also I was surprised not to see Crampton (95 D) as he was quite strong at their rookie camp, maybe he decided to follow the NCAA route.
Thanks for that! From the SCTA how did Eccles and LeBlanc look while in camp?

Crottenham is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
  #95
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Well Sudbury answered the "Who will be the overagers?" question. Schoenmakers was moved to Windsor for a 2013 3rd rounder and a 2016 2nd rounder. Hanes is also 'waiting to be assigned'.

SO it's Kantor, Dodero and Veinneau as the OAs

Loosie is offline  
Old
09-04-2012, 10:38 PM
  #96
JwKo18
Registered User
 
JwKo18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Is Zach McFadden expected to make any sort of impact in the OHL, maybe not this year, but in general?

JwKo18 is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
  #97
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,265
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Josh Leivo last night on TPS (HERE)

__________________
Listen live to The Pipeline Show or find the audio archives and our blog at: www.thepipelineshow.com
Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 10:24 AM
  #98
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Anyone know why Vilardi got sent home? He signed a contract, went to Russia with the team and then no room? Odd.

Crottenham is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
  #99
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
burgess over vilardi.. thats hilarious

bonefizzle is offline  
Old
09-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  #100
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,598
vCash: 500
Ladies and gentlemen, the 2012 Gong Show is gaining speed and momentum.

chewerjones is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.