08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
bidzey

vCash: 50
you can follow the world cup results here

Old
08-26-2012, 07:40 AM
BigBuck

vCash: 500
Here is a link to the final game of world cup.
http://www.youtube.com/KHLofficialvideo/

Old
08-26-2012, 09:08 AM
SuperAwesomeSeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Here is a link to the final game of world cup.
http://www.youtube.com/KHLofficialvideo/
Thank You!

Old
08-26-2012, 09:55 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAwesomeSeb View Post
Thank You!
You're welcome. Congrats to Sudbury. What a way to start the year for the Wolves "World Cup Champs". Great game to watch and the players were very happy with the win,I liked Phil Esposito handing out the medals he was excited as the players.

Old
08-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
You're welcome. Congrats to Sudbury. What a way to start the year for the Wolves "World Cup Champs". Great game to watch and the players were very happy with the win,I liked Phil Esposito handing out the medals he was excited as the players.
Congrats boys! Hopefully they can take this momentum into the season.

Oh and did you notice that Phil Esposito wanted to give Vienneau a second medal?

Old
08-26-2012, 02:13 PM
hockeylegend11

Congrats to the Wolves they represented Canada,the CHL and OHL very well
PS very happy they defeated the 2nd best team in the USHL way to go boys

Old
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

We have tough decisions to make with our OA's this season,
We can keep 3 OA's right? I'd go with Kantor, Vienneau, and Dodero
or if we decide to just go with Chartrand in net, keep Schoenmakers and get rid of Hanes

Old
08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Oilers4life1987

How did campagna look at this tourny.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

de Haan will make the team, right?

Old
08-28-2012, 08:56 PM
SuperAwesomeSeb

Alright boys nice!! Lets hope they can bring a winning season as well. This tourney probably got me more excited for OHL hockey

Old
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Hockeyfriend

2012-13

Anyone gave some thoughts on this years roster? Went to Russia with more than they need so curious who is in and who is out?

Old
08-30-2012, 09:40 AM
kenadian

Really? You posted in every team thread asking fans to NAME their source........good luck with that.

What happened? Guess no one took you up on NAMING their source?

Last edited by kenadian: 08-31-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Original post removed
Old
08-30-2012, 03:17 PM
howlman

Wolves acquire 94 born forward Ray Huether from Barrie. They gave up a 5th and 10th rounder for him. This looks like a steal for Sudbury this guy has the potential to be a big time scorer in the OHL. Barrie fans are puzzled by this deal, he was having a great camp in Barrie. I'm not sure why Barrie would deal him so cheap and on top of that why Barrie would deal him to a divisional rival, it puzzles me as well something more perhaps to this but as it stands now this looks great for Sudbury. Again Sudbury has further added to their log jam up front, look for more trades to come. I'd love to see Sudbury pull off an early blockbuster and add a top end guy. I think the Wolves are going to surprise alot of teams this year if certain pieces fall into place. Goaltending will be key.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Wolves acquire 94 born forward Ray Huether from Barrie. They gave up a 5th and 10th rounder for him. This looks like a steal for Sudbury this guy has the potential to be a big time scorer in the OHL. Barrie fans are puzzled by this deal, he was having a great camp in Barrie. I'm not sure why Barrie would deal him so cheap and on top of that why Barrie would deal him to a divisional rival, it puzzles me as well something more perhaps to this but as it stands now this looks great for Sudbury. Again Sudbury has further added to their log jam up front, look for more trades to come. I'd love to see Sudbury pull off an early blockbuster and add a top end guy. I think the Wolves are going to surprise alot of teams this year if certain pieces fall into place. Goaltending will be key.
Was drafted by Saginaw. Played 7 games in his rookie season with Saginaw but assume traded somewhere along the way to Barrie.

Old
09-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Was drafted by Saginaw. Played 7 games in his rookie season with Saginaw but assume traded somewhere along the way to Barrie.
Any news from up north, any chance kids who did not make the Russia trip crack this line up? Also who might be getting drop from their Russia roster and who as an in for the 3 OA spots?

Old
09-02-2012, 11:26 PM
defensehockey19

What do the wolves look like this year? Buying or selling?

Old
09-03-2012, 12:09 AM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What do the wolves look like this year? Buying or selling?
You never know with the wolves

Old
09-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorth View Post
You never know with the wolves
Cut down their roster to 28 yesterday, not too many surprises other than Hanes who was traded or released prior to blue and white game and Vilardi who was reassigned to his home centre. Prong AP for the last two years, finally made the roster and is joined by DeHass and Cummins as the new comer to the D. Up front they added their two European imports (who looked great in the Rookie scrimmage Sunday but disappeared during the Blue and White game), Huether (acquired from Barrie who looked good during the weekend) and I assume Burgess who did not play any games or participate in the practice due to a concussion received in Russia. Also I believe Desroschers, AP for last few years made the roster. Not sure what happened with Coulton Spicer, as at rookie camp looked strong and played well but was sent back home prior to Monday's Blue and White game. Also Racino official retired from Hockey due to recurring concussion issues.

Overall the teams looks strong and should be a contender , will need to bulk up on D however if they are planning to go all the way. Goaltending (Vienneau/Dupuis) might also be an issue, strong but not exceptional.

As to the rookies let go after yesterday, no one of note except possibly 1 or 2 players that could eventually play big roles in the organization, still 1 year away from playing OHL however. Also I was surprised not to see Crampton (95 D) as he was quite strong at their rookie camp, maybe he decided to follow the NCAA route.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Cut down their roster to 28 yesterday, not too many surprises other than Hanes who was traded or released prior to blue and white game and Vilardi who was reassigned to his home centre. Prong AP for the last two years, finally made the roster and is joined by DeHass and Cummins as the new comer to the D. Up front they added their two European imports (who looked great in the Rookie scrimmage Sunday but disappeared during the Blue and White game), Huether (acquired from Barrie who looked good during the weekend) and I assume Burgess who did not play any games or participate in the practice due to a concussion received in Russia. Also I believe Desroschers, AP for last few years made the roster. Not sure what happened with Coulton Spicer, as at rookie camp looked strong and played well but was sent back home prior to Monday's Blue and White game. Also Racino official retired from Hockey due to recurring concussion issues.

Overall the teams looks strong and should be a contender , will need to bulk up on D however if they are planning to go all the way. Goaltending (Vienneau/Dupuis) might also be an issue, strong but not exceptional.

As to the rookies let go after yesterday, no one of note except possibly 1 or 2 players that could eventually play big roles in the organization, still 1 year away from playing OHL however. Also I was surprised not to see Crampton (95 D) as he was quite strong at their rookie camp, maybe he decided to follow the NCAA route.
Thanks for that! From the SCTA how did Eccles and LeBlanc look while in camp?

Old
09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Loosie

Well Sudbury answered the "Who will be the overagers?" question. Schoenmakers was moved to Windsor for a 2013 3rd rounder and a 2016 2nd rounder. Hanes is also 'waiting to be assigned'.

SO it's Kantor, Dodero and Veinneau as the OAs

Old
09-04-2012, 10:38 PM
JwKo18

Is Zach McFadden expected to make any sort of impact in the OHL, maybe not this year, but in general?

Old
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Josh Leivo last night on TPS (HERE)

09-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Crottenham

Anyone know why Vilardi got sent home? He signed a contract, went to Russia with the team and then no room? Odd.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
bonefizzle

burgess over vilardi.. thats hilarious

Old
09-05-2012, 04:40 PM
chewerjones

Ladies and gentlemen, the 2012 Gong Show is gaining speed and momentum.

Closed Thread