Bench

Nate Washington
Lance Moore
Mario Manningham
Greg Little
Michael Floyd
Jason Snelling
Tim Tebow

Heavy on receivers obviously as all the good backs got snatched up quick, my QB and RB positions arent the best but im looking to improve now.

I got offered

Larry Fitzgerald
Jamaal Charles

for

Calvin Johnson
Deangelo Williams

I think I'd come out ahead in this but interested in opinions regardless

JD12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 06:58 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Ten team's League, PPR league: who to draft first?
I'd definitely go Stafford over Newton. He typically goes 5-10 picks ahead of Newton. The 11th ranked QB is either Romo/Rivers/Peyton/Ryan, depending on your league, and all are pretty similar to me, so if you don't take Stafford or Newton, I'd wait far beyond the 3rd and grab whichever of those guys was left. Typically you're safe til like the 6th/7th round. I'd go Stafford toward the end of the first if Foster, Rice, McCoy, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, CJ2K, and maybe even Calvin are all off the board, otherwise I'd wait for one of the QBs I mentioned late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD12 View Post
I think I'd come out ahead in this but interested in opinions regardless
Yeah your receivers are ridiculous. Calvin and Julio are 1/2 on my board, and Jennings is probably top 10. I like that trade for you. I don't think Calvin will have quite as good a year, Fitz is always productive, and I think Charles has far more upside than DWill. That being said, I don't like Ben as your number 1 at all, and in that Calvin is your top bargaining chip, I might see if I could use him for a significant upgrade at QB.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:09 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Posted in the other thread,but I wanted actual advice rather than to just show off my team:

#2 pick in a 12 team league:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Victor Cruz
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Owen Daniels
WR/T: Antonio Brown
K: Stephen Gostkowski
Def: NY Jets

Bench: Greg Olsen
Bench: Michael Bush
Bench: Kenny Britt
Bench: Doug Baldwin
Bench: Toby Gerhart
Bench: Andy Dalton

Had the #2 pick and really struggled on who to take after Rodgers went #1, but settled on Foster. Somehow I got Peterson on the return of the snake draft, and then I grabbed Cruz 3 picks later, but it was downhill from there. I'm not really in love with this team at all. I missed out on all the top QBs so I waited on Luck, and my RB depth is pretty poor. But if Luck has a good rookie season and Olsen puts up big numbers like I think he might, I could do well. Also obviously need AP to stay healthy, but at least I have Gerhart as insurance.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Posted in the other thread,but I wanted actual advice rather than to just show off my team:

#2 pick in a 12 team league:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Victor Cruz
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Owen Daniels
WR/T: Antonio Brown
K: Stephen Gostkowski
Def: NY Jets

Bench: Greg Olsen
Bench: Michael Bush
Bench: Kenny Britt
Bench: Doug Baldwin
Bench: Toby Gerhart
Bench: Andy Dalton

Had the #2 pick and really struggled on who to take after Rodgers went #1, but settled on Foster. Somehow I got Peterson on the return of the snake draft, and then I grabbed Cruz 3 picks later, but it was downhill from there. I'm not really in love with this team at all. I missed out on all the top QBs so I waited on Luck, and my RB depth is pretty poor. But if Luck has a good rookie season and Olsen puts up big numbers like I think he might, I could do well. Also obviously need AP to stay healthy, but at least I have Gerhart as insurance.
You got solid starters, Luck is scary though. What did people stack up on QBs? I'm sure you coulda got someone like Cutler or Roethlisberger in the mid rounds. I'd probably start Dalton to start

Bench is kinda weak though, especially RB. Its good you got Gerhart. I'd probably start him week 1. Peterson just now starting getting hit and it's only above the waste. If he plays week 1, I don't see him getting more than 5 carries.

Britt is unlikely to play the right away too.

I don't know who's a FA so I can't give an suggestions on who to pick up, but you'll need to keep an eye on it as the BYEs start.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:26 AM
sabrefan27

Posted this in the other thread, but I'm really pleased with my team and draft. But everyone loves their team right away, so someone bring me down to earth if it's not that good.

10 team league. Picked 2nd. Standard scoring, with .5 PPR.

QB - Tony Romo
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Julio Jones
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Darren Sproles
Flex - Victor Cruz
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Dan Bailey
DEF - Chicago Bears

BN - Willis McGahee
BN - Peyton Hillis
BN - Titus Young
BN - Jacquizz Rodgers
BN - Brandon LaFell
BN - Robert Griffin III

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Trap Jesus

My RBs are Arian Foster, Trent Richardson, Michael Turner, Doug Martin and Toby Gerhart and my WRs are Larry Fitzgerald, A.J. Green, Miles Austin and Michael Crabtree.

Scoring System

Rushing/Receiving Yards: 1 point per 10 yards
Rushing/Receiving Touchdowns: 6 points
Fumbles Lost: -2 points

I have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 flex position of either a RB or WR. Just wondering who I should start. Foster, Fitzgerald and Green are locks, and most likely Richardson as well, but I'm debating whether to start Turner, Martin or Austin in the flex position. Or are they close enough that I should just go by match-ups?

Last edited by Trap Jesus: 08-29-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Loyal View Post
Quick! I just got a very intriguing offer

12 teamer PPR keeper league

I give up:
Titus Young
DeAngelo Williams
Sam Bradford
next years 3rd round pick

I get:
A.J Green
Matt Forte
Tim Tebow
next years 15th round pick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Do it, I would just drop Tebow though.

Those are huge upgrades at WR and RB.
Alright, I did it. I can't actually do the trade until the trade I made for Bradford goes through tomorrow so I'm PRAYING our agreement holds true. Anyways, this is what my team looks like now.

Starters:
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, Shonn Greene
WR: Roddy White, A.J Green, Demetrius Thomas
TE: Jimmy Graham
Q/W/R/T: Russel Wilson
W/R/T: Willis McGahee
K: David Akers
Defense: New England

Bench:
QB Tim Tebow
RB Kendall Hunter
RB Bernard Scott
WR Denarius Moore
WR Kendall Wright
WR Laurent Robinson
Defense Pittsburgh

Thrilled with my team. Got some good keepers as well in Wilson, Thomas, Hunter and Wright and maybe even Tebow if he's ever worth a damn.

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Time to drop Starks?

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:54 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Time to drop Starks?
I got him too, I'm holding onto him until he's cut, or for the first week or two to see how the carries go.

ShadowDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:59 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Thoughts on my 10 Team Fantasy League? (drafted 10th)

Chris Johnson
Darren McFadden
Fred Jackson
Steve Smith
Dwayne Bowe
Aaron Hernandez
Philip Rivers
San Francisco 49ers SF-DEF
Mason Crosby

BENCH

Anquan Boldin
Matt Schaub
Cedric Benson
Santonio Holmes
Brent Celek
LeGarrette Blount

Last edited by TML g u n n e R s*: 08-31-2012 at 08:51 PM.
TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:10 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
I think your season's gonna come down to if AP can return to form (even by say midseason). Your starting RB/WR/Flex is real solid, but QB is definitely a problem, and TE could be as well. Not to be too critical, but you essentially have 2 QBs and 2 TEs that aren't top 12 guys. That shouldn't happen. I think you gotta find someone with a Romo/Rivers on their bench, and offer them a trade. I'd look trade before free agency because the only guy you have that you could easily drop is Doug Baldwin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I have to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 flex position of either a RB or WR. Just wondering who I should start. Foster, Fitzgerald and Green are locks, and most likely Richardson as well, but I'm debating whether to start Turner, Martin or Austin in the flex position. Or are they close enough that I should just go by match-ups?
I could give you a much better answer next week. If Richardson is eased back in week 1 (which it sounds like he will be), then I'd sit him. Turner and Martin are better options. Austin's banged up as well. So as of now I'd definitely go Foster, Turner, Fitz, Green, and Martin.

Quote:
Time to drop Starks?
Absolutely. Unless you're in like a 16-team league there will definitely be better options in the free agent pool.

Old
08-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Does Yahoo allow you to participate in 2 drafts at the same time? I've got a time conflict tonight and 2 drafts are scheduled within an hour of eachother. Been a member of yahoo fantasy for years but I don't think I've ever attempted this.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

My league has always randomized the draft order, but I seem to get 9th-12th every single year... Now I got 10th this year too

I have a gut feeling MJD will be "technically" the best RB available, but should I actually be worried about the contract situation? 9 times out of 10 they end up playing week 1 anyways and MJD has clearly stated he wants to be in Jacksonville.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

1 more question. Anyone have an idea on how many carries Charles will get compared to Hillis? I would love to get Charles, but if the split is heavily in effect I'll pass.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
My league has always randomized the draft order, but I seem to get 9th-12th every single year... Now I got 10th this year too

I have a gut feeling MJD will be "technically" the best RB available, but should I actually be worried about the contract situation? 9 times out of 10 they end up playing week 1 anyways and MJD has clearly stated he wants to be in Jacksonville.
I would not be worried about picking up MJD if he was available. He will play. He has too much talent not to be wanted by a handful of teams and further more he is going to want to get paid. If he does come back to the Jags in the next this week he probably will miss week 1 or 2 to get back into game day shape and practice the offence.

Or I could be wrong. I dunno lol. Maybe he will get traded ? anything is possible but I think he is too much of a competitor to sit out the season.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Omnomnomnom

Keeper question: Is it worth it to keep MJD? He eats up a quarter of my auction budget, but I keep Gronkowski for nothing, and Jordy Nelson for 1 point out of 200, so I think I can afford the hit.

Omnomnomnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:10 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Anyone think Blount will start in Tampa?

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Nope.

He might vulture some goalline carries though.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

So, I picked up Alfred Morris off the waiver wire as roster filler just today, and someone offered me Rob Helu. His logic was "This way no matter who they announce as the starter in Washington you have the right guy". This is tempting, but he want me to give up either Shonn Greene or Willis McGahee for him. Both of whom are my RB2's that I'll be bouncing around with this season at RB2

Thoughts guys?

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:25 PM
VLoo

14 team IDP league and I have 5th selection in Round 1... All my mocks have been awful with Megatron as my 1st pick and I generally feel a lot better about my team when I go RB in Round 1, but I'd rather go Rodgers than Megatron regardless. Is Mcfadden or CJ2K worth the risk at #5?

VLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:26 PM
VLoo

Quote:
So, I picked up Alfred Morris off the waiver wire as roster filler just today, and someone offered me Rob Helu. His logic was "This way no matter who they announce as the starter in Washington you have the right guy". This is tempting, but he want me to give up either Shonn Greene or Willis McGahee for him. Both of whom are my RB2's that I'll be bouncing around with this season at RB2

Thoughts guys?
Not worth it in my eyes, you're giving up a #2 for a handcuff. Not a good deal.

Old
08-30-2012, 07:29 PM
VLoo

Quote:
Does Yahoo allow you to participate in 2 drafts at the same time? I've got a time conflict tonight and 2 drafts are scheduled within an hour of eachother. Been a member of yahoo fantasy for years but I don't think I've ever attempted this.
I run multiple mocks at the same time occasionally, so I don't think it would be an issue.

Old
08-30-2012, 08:26 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
1 more question. Anyone have an idea on how many carries Charles will get compared to Hillis? I would love to get Charles, but if the split is heavily in effect I'll pass.
Word today on rotoworld is they're gonna try to make it pretty close to an even split. I'd still say Charles will get more, but even if it's 60/40, you have to figure Hillis will get more of the goal line work, so if we're talking Charles in the 2nd or Hillis in like the 7/8 range I think you have to go with the latter. I still have a feeling that despite what the team is saying, Charles is the much better of the two, and because of that the split will be more like 75/25, so depending on where you're looking to take Charles, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to grab him say in the 3rd, and then Hillis in the 8th or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnomnomnom View Post
Keeper question: Is it worth it to keep MJD? He eats up a quarter of my auction budget, but I keep Gronkowski for nothing, and Jordy Nelson for 1 point out of 200, so I think I can afford the hit.
Depends on what other RBs are available. MJD isn't worth 50 to me right now, but if all the top RBs are gone, then you might have to consider it. I'm guessing in a 3 keeper league the pickings are gonna be slim, so that might make it so that you're stuck keeping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Definitely not. Only way he starts is if Martin gets hurt.

Quote:

Thoughts guys?
I'm not high on Greene at all and I also think Helu will be the guy in Washington, so it's tempting to me. Greene's ceiling is like 1,000 and 4 IMO, and he doesn't catch balls (not to mention that offense is a disaster). If Helu is the guy there this year I could easily see him going for 1,500+ (total) and 8. I wouldn't do the deal for McGahee though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLoo View Post
14 team IDP league and I have 5th selection in Round 1... All my mocks have been awful with Megatron as my 1st pick and I generally feel a lot better about my team when I go RB in Round 1, but I'd rather go Rodgers than Megatron regardless. Is Mcfadden or CJ2K worth the risk at #5?
I think CJ2K definitely is. Argument certainly can be made for McFadden there as well, but I like him more in the 8-12 range. I'm with ya that I never like my team all that much when I take Calvin first. I personally wouldn't even take him in the first round.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:03 PM
VLoo

To follow up on this, Shady and CJ seem to be the best available RB's at my spot because everyone falls in love with Rodgers and Megatron, is(what appears to be, anyway) a motivated Johnson a better option? The big worry is that with Locker, defenses are going to stack the box. With McCoy, I have a hard time believing that production is going to be carried over from last year.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Omnomnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post

Depends on what other RBs are available. MJD isn't worth 50 to me right now, but if all the top RBs are gone, then you might have to consider it. I'm guessing in a 3 keeper league the pickings are gonna be slim, so that might make it so that you're stuck keeping him.

It gets even worse as it's a 4 keeper league, lol. I just wish I had other options to keep at RB, but my others are Mendenhall, Tolbert, and Bradshaw. I guess I'll hold on to him, and just try and get value in my other RB selections.

Omnomnomnom is offline   Reply With Quote