HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Sandisfan

vCash: 163
Not perfect but not bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
That's a pathetic ranking.

1. Hertl
2. Nieto
3. Stalock
4. Sateri
5. Kuraly
6. Demelo
7. Tenneyson
8. Oleksuk
9. Abeltshauser
10. Acolatse

(O'Regan, Stalberg, Ryan, and Moffie make up the next bunch, IMHO).
Your list is so much more informed than the THN list that I would recommend you do the writeup next time.

Old
08-22-2012, 07:13 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisfan View Post
Your list is so much more informed than the THN list that I would recommend you do the writeup next time.
Well, if you can get THN to hire me, I'm game.

Old
08-22-2012, 07:31 PM
KirbyDots

vCash: 500
Quote:
That's a pathetic ranking.

1. Hertl
2. Nieto
3. Stalock
4. Sateri
5. Kuraly
6. Demelo
7. Tennyson
8. Oleksuk
9. Abeltshauser
10. Acolatse

(O'Regan, Stalberg, Ryan, and Moffie make up the next bunch, IMHO).
I always find it hard to compare players of different positions. I'd say our best forward prospects are,

1. Nieto and Hertl, both seem to have the makings of true top 6 players.
2. Hamilton, seems to be pretty solid defensively and seems on track to be at least a quality third liner.
3. Kuraly, came outta nowhere and seems to have put it together. Looks to have top 6 potential but small sample size, much too early to tell.
4. Travis Oleksuk, kind of a wild card who had an amazing senior year, has a very good chance of making the bigs. Glad we got him!
5. Stalberg, O'Regan, Blackwell as wild cards, most interested in Stalberg and will be following O'Regan closely at BU. Cody Ferriero is another one who was playing great at Northeastern before his injury, will keep an eye on him as well. Also hoping Viedensky turns it around.

Defense,

1. Tennyson, another player I am really excited to see the Sharks pick up! Has a ton of potential, possibly enough to impress at camp and stay up for a few. Most likely spends a few years in Wor.
2. Irwin and Pelech, these are the two I see as potential call ups. Very close to being NHL ready.
3. Demelo
4. Abeltshauser and Acolatse
5. Petrecki and Doherty, if they turn it around they could be solid, but as of now looking like busts.

Goalies,

1. Stalock, has the potential to see NHL time if one of Niemi or Greiss falters or is injured. He's our best shot at having a legit starting goalie for the future.
2. Sateri
3. Anderson, I like his game but think he's a little under sized.
4. Heemskerk

Last edited by KirbyDots: 08-22-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old
08-22-2012, 07:59 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I always find it hard to compare players of different positions. I'd say our best forward prospects are,

2. Hamilton, seems to be pretty solid defensively and seems on track to be at least a quality third liner.
3. Kuraly, came outta nowhere and seems to have put it together. Looks to have top 6 potential but small sample size, much too early to tell.
4. Travis Oleksuk, kind of a wild card who had an amazing senior year, has a very good chance of making the bigs. Glad we got him!
5. Stalberg, O'Regan, Moffie, and Blackwell as wild cards, most interested in Stalberg and will be following O'Regan closely at BU. Cody Ferriero is another one who was playing great at Northeastern before his injury, will keep an eye on him as well. Also hoping Viedensky turns it around.

Defense,

1. Tennyson, another player I am really excited to see the Sharks pick up! Has a ton of potential, possibly enough to impress at camp and stay up for a few. Most likely spends a few years in Wor.
2. Irwin and Pelech, these are the two I see as potential call ups. Very close to being NHL ready.
3. Demelo
5. Petrecki and Doherty, if they turn it around they could be solid, but as of now looking like busts.

Goalies,

1. Stalock, has the potential to see NHL time if one of Niemi or Greiss falters or is injured. He's our best shot at having a legit starting goalie for the future.
2. Sateri
4. Heemskerk
I totally forgot about Hamilton, I knew I was missing someone important.

But yeah, I like your list, except I'm not in love with Irwin or Pelech. Pelech has had a shot at the NHL and didn't show much, and Irwin regressed significantly after a good first half of the year. For me, Joakim Ryan and Dylan Demelo look to be on the 'Demers' track. Those are two guys I quite like. Especially I like the Ryan pick. From what I read from guys who watched the US NJEC, Ryan has a lot of upside, just hasn't scratched it yet.

I also quite like Acolatse. Yeah, he's probably never gonna be more than a #5 offensive D who can fight, but then again who doesn't love those types?

KA returning to juniors makes me a bit wary. I know he did it because he wants to win a Memorial Cup on that stacked St. Johns team, but he's a man playing against boys, and I don't think that's great for his development. But I guess it might be better than him sharing time as the Worcester #7.

I've lost a bit of hope for Viedensky. He seems too slow and not enough offense to make the NHL as anything but a 4th liner, if at all, and we have Desjardins in that spot long-term.

I think you're right on Petrecki and Doherty, I'm really not counting on them for much of anything, or Heemskerk or Anderson or C. Ferriero to be honest.

And lastly, Moffie is a defenseman. He played #1 all situations last season when Jon Merill was out, but he's also an older college player and he benefitted from Merill quite a bit. I wish he'd join the Woo', but he wants to stick in the NCAA.

Old
08-22-2012, 08:04 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
I totally forgot about Hamilton, I knew I was missing someone important.

And lastly, Moffie is a defenseman. He played #1 all situations last season when Jon Merill was out, but he's also an older college player and he benefitted from Merill quite a bit. I wish he'd join the Woo', but he wants to stick in the NCAA.
Haha yeah I always misplace someone, happens whenever I do a huge list like that.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:01 AM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post

5. Stalberg, O'Regan, Blackwell as wild cards, most interested in Stalberg and will be following O'Regan closely at BU. Cody Ferriero is another one who was playing great at Northeastern before his injury, will keep an eye on him as well. Also hoping Viedensky turns it around.

Defense,

3. Demelo

Goalies,

2. Sateri
4. Heemskerk
Forwards - I would add Gourde in the mix as near term wild card, yes i know he's not on a 2 way deal and as such does not count as a "prospect". My guess that won't last long and he's sharks property right now, even if it's the AHL sharks. I'll add that i'm excited to see the w sharks this year as we have some decent forward prospects coming, they do not appear to be high profile prospects, yet could be some solid 2nd or 3rd liners. Overall, not sure when or if any of them will be NHL ready real soon. I'd be sure to say no sooner than a season away as a full time player, maybe two for any of them that will start in the AHL this season. This would sync up with the coming team overhaul a season or two out, just won't help the teams problems much this season.

Defense - I'm ready to let Petrecki go, just not developing even as a solid AHL player from what i understand. He's been a project player, at one point you just have to give up on him. My question here is if we don't sign him, and another team does (lets hope and prey!) do we get a compensation pick for losing him?? Doherty becomes the new project player, we'll have to see how he does this year.

Old
08-26-2012, 03:02 PM
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch

ill giver a go.

1. Hertl
2. Hamilton
3. Nieto
4. Kurlay
5. Demelo
6. Oleksuik
7. Ablethauser
8. Sateri
9. Stalock
10. Tierney

Old
08-26-2012, 04:35 PM

How many people have seen all the players they're ranking?

Old
08-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
None.

Old
08-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
None.
That's why I chuckle at prospect rankings

Old
08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
That's why I chuckle at prospect rankings
To be fair though, I have seen all the players that are in MY prospect rankings.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
To be fair though, I have seen all the players that are in MY prospect rankings.
And I think you've absolutely nailed your numbers 1 through 9, although I would probably have Irwin at #10 though as I've not seen Sgarbossa play.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:05 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640418

FTR - NHL.com ranks prospects. Includes quotes from Burke on prospect status (e.g., Petrecki just about on track, perhaps ready to be promoted to NHL soon).

Old
08-27-2012, 11:48 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
And I think you've absolutely nailed your numbers 1 through 9, although I would probably have Irwin at #10 though as I've not seen Sgarbossa play.
I have seen Sgarbossa play, but I just can't see him playing for the Sharks any time soon. He's got his work cut out for him… primarily with his agent.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
I have seen Sgarbossa play, but I just can't see him playing for the Sharks any time soon. He's got his work cut out for him… primarily with his agent.
I dont know much about our prospects, but I highly doubt Sgarbossa will be playing with the Sharks for a very long time.. Well into UFA if at all.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:43 AM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
Of course not. It's just guess-work based on things we've read. Sorry.

Old
08-28-2012, 02:11 AM
param

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
I dont know much about our prospects, but I highly doubt Sgarbossa will be playing with the Sharks for a very long time.. Well into UFA if at all.
I don't see where Sgarbossa fits, San Jose is loaded on centers as it is.

Can he play wing?

Old
08-28-2012, 02:16 AM
WTFetus

Connolly - Sgarbossa - Coyle

Old
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Probably be an AllStar line one day

Old
08-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Connolly-Sgarbossa-Coyle

Wishart-Vernace

Karlsson

Old
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

can you guys give me a little help? Im working on my fantasy gm game and I would like to know if Christophe Lalancette, Daniel O'Regan,Clifford Watson, and Joakin Ryan have signed any sort of deal / where I could go to find such info.

Old
08-30-2012, 08:47 PM
StalockSuperfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
can you guys give me a little help? Im working on my fantasy gm game and I would like to know if Christophe Lalancette, Daniel O'Regan,Clifford Watson, and Joakin Ryan have signed any sort of deal / where I could go to find such info.
None have signed that I know of, and I would say that here is the best place to look.

Old
08-30-2012, 10:30 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
O'Reagan, Ryan will be in NCAA this season (and for a few more); Watson in USHL and then heading to NCAA.

Lalancette is in the Q (so, it there're "rookies" @ camp, he'll probably be around). But I think it very, very low probability he'll (sign NHL deal and) play in NHL this season.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:40 AM
stalockrox

It looks like JP Anderson is going to play an OA year in the OHL for the Sarnia Sting as expected. The article also confirms that Anderson missed the SJSharks dev. camp due to injury.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/08/30...iarlitti-trade

Wrenn also missed the dev. camp due to an injury, I believe it was his hand.

Last edited by stalockrox: 08-31-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old
08-31-2012, 05:13 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
It looks like JP Anderson is going to play an OA year in the OHL for the Sarnia Sting as expected. The article also confirms that Anderson missed the SJSharks dev. camp due to injury.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/08/30...iarlitti-trade

Wrenn also missed the dev. camp due to an injury, I believe it was his hand.
not surprising on Anderson, there really wasn't any room to squeeze him into the pro stable of goalies unless he wanted to platoon with Heemskerk in San Fran.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Closed Thread