HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2012, 11:52 PM
alanschu

vCash: 500
I second Arkham City (and Arkham Asylum for that matter).

I'm more of a PC gamer, so I'm busy with:

Shogun 2
The Walking Dead (surprisingly fun adventure game!)

But soon my life will be taken over by XCOM

Old
08-31-2012, 12:05 AM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 6257
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Bought the God of War Origins Collection and started playing Chains of Olympus, took me bout 24 hours after buying the game to not only beat it but get the Platinum trophy as well.

08-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Not a big gamer myself, but I always get excited around this time of year for NHL, COD and now FIFA. If you've never played FIFA I really recommend at least getting the demo for FIFA 13. I'm not a soccer fan at all. I used to play, but stopped around the age of 13 and now I'm getting back into it since pretty much all of my friends are soccer fans. Pro Clubs in FIFA is some of the most fun I've had in a video game. Honestly, it's worth the money. Hands down the best sports game there is. Amazing graphics and unreal gameplay. It's about as close as you can get to the actual sport in a video game, and I find I'm paying attention to the sport, and am a lot more interested in watching soccer on TV now.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'm through with buying NHL games. I barely touched 11 and 12.

It would be nice if EA offered updates for say, 30 bucks opposed to charging full price for a glorified update every year.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:52 AM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Several months late, but I have finally discovered Skyrim. "Immersive" is an understatement.

Old
08-31-2012, 02:44 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
I second Arkham City (and Arkham Asylum for that matter).

I'm more of a PC gamer, so I'm busy with:

Shogun 2
The Walking Dead (surprisingly fun adventure game!)

But soon my life will be taken over by XCOM
I don't watch The Walking Dead, but the game is tempting me too. Such a great series so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

It would be nice if EA offered updates for say, 30 bucks opposed to charging full price for a glorified update every year.
They'd never do that. Too much money to make doing it this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Several months late, but I have finally discovered Skyrim. "Immersive" is an understatement.
Heh, I've never tried Skyrim yet either, not really into the whole dungeons and dragons type game. But I keep hearing how great a game it is. If I liked Fallout 3 and Mass Effect, I should like Skyrim then right?

Old
08-31-2012, 03:00 AM
dnicks17

Basically 100% of my gaming time is going into NCAA Football 13 right now. The dynasty mode is just so well done. Makes me wish they made an NCAA hockey game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Heh, I've never tried Skyrim yet either, not really into the whole dungeons and dragons type game. But I keep hearing how great a game it is. If I liked Fallout 3 and Mass Effect, I should like Skyrim then right?
Probably, but I wouldn't guarantee it. Skyrim gets a bit more tedious than those two, although there are plenty multiple classes and play styles for each class to change it up. Nice thing too is you can just change your class by playing like that class. The more you use weapons/armor/shields, the better you get with them.

Old
08-31-2012, 03:19 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Basically 100% of my gaming time is going into NCAA Football 13 right now. The dynasty mode is just so well done. Makes me wish they made an NCAA hockey game.

Probably, but I wouldn't guarantee it. Skyrim gets a bit more tedious than those two, although there are plenty multiple classes and play styles for each class to change it up. Nice thing too is you can just change your class by playing like that class. The more you use weapons/armor/shields, the better you get with them.
Tedious as in pointless and boring sidequests? Or does the main storyline get boring? Is it the type of RPG where you're useless in combat until you reach a certain level?

As long as the story/dialogue choices are interesting I don't think it'd get too boring for me. Liked Dragon Age Origins because the overarching story was interesting, but DA2 despite being in the same sorta setting didn't hold my attention because of the main quest.

Old
08-31-2012, 03:29 AM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

NHL 13 is a huge upgrade over NHL 12. It's not your average upgrade with a few little tweaks and improvements here and there.

Old
08-31-2012, 03:38 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Tedious as in pointless and boring sidequests? Or does the main storyline get boring? Is it the type of RPG where you're useless in combat until you reach a certain level?

As long as the story/dialogue choices are interesting I don't think it'd get too boring for me. Liked Dragon Age Origins because the overarching story was interesting, but DA2 despite being in the same sorta setting didn't hold my attention because of the main quest.
Most of the sidequests(and there's a lot of them) are your typical go to this generic dungeon, clear it and get an item off the "boss". You'll end up fighting a lot of the same enemies in almost identical caves or structures with them.

The main quest line is awesome. I really liked it. As well there's some other solid storylines with different factions i.e. you can side with one of the two armies fighting for Skyrim, work your way up the ranks of The Thieves Guild and/or The Dark Brotherhood, etc.

Some playstyles need a few skill points to make it easier(like the archer or sword/board warrior), but they're all fairly viable from the beginning. I haven't played as a spell caster though, so they might be a different story.

Old
08-31-2012, 03:55 AM
Villager
BAGS!!!

Other than hockey, my biggest intrest has been gaming, I've always been a Nintendo from when I was very little (who could forget Kirby and Pokemon!), I turn on my Wii every weekend and play Brawl(Best ****ing game eva), Xenoblade, That Zelda game called Skyward sword or soemthing. and a couple other games. Should I get a PS3 or something and get like NHL13? I heard its very good. I also played my copy of MW3 until it broke, it was kinda gay anyways with all those trolls running around with Akimbo FMG9s and pretty much painting a poster on their selves that says "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****************"

Anyone exicted for da WiiU?

Old
08-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH View Post
Other than hockey, my biggest intrest has been gaming, I've always been a Nintendo from when I was very little (who could forget Kirby and Pokemon!), I turn on my Wii every weekend and play Brawl(Best ****ing game eva), Xenoblade, That Zelda game called Skyward sword or soemthing. and a couple other games. Should I get a PS3 or something and get like NHL13? I heard its very good. I also played my copy of MW3 until it broke, it was kinda gay anyways with all those trolls running around with Akimbo FMG9s and pretty much painting a poster on their selves that says "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****************"

Nope. The Wii was a big waste of money for me. The only games I play now is sports games. Can't stand MW3 or any of those shoot-em-up kind of games now. Too many kids and too many losers who play 24/7 just to reach prestige and brag about how great they are. I'd rather work and make crap loads of money and brag to them how great I am instead

Old
08-31-2012, 10:36 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
i am still a huge COD fanboy, i only play when i have 2-5 other buddies playing. alone isnt much fun. lol i havent even finished the MW3 campaign yet

Old
08-31-2012, 10:49 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
I don't watch The Walking Dead, but the game is tempting me too. Such a great series so far.

They'd never do that. Too much money to make doing it this way.

Fallout 3 is the same developer with the same engine (though it has been updated quite a bit since).

Pretty fun game, hundreds of hours of content.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:33 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i am still a huge COD fanboy, i only play when i have 2-5 other buddies playing. alone isnt much fun. lol i havent even finished the MW3 campaign yet
That group size is why I love BF3.

Your running around and you see a squad and suddenly your buddy in the tank comes driving in and opens up fire and gives you cover to hide behind. Then that helicopter shows up to start damaging the tank, so you call in your other friend that's flying air support and he lights up the chopper while you plant the bomb on the mcom station, quickly repair up the tank, and hop into the gunner position as he drives off to the next objective, leaving a wake of debris and bodies behind you! \m/

LOL. To be fair I haven't played a COD game MP since the first Modern Warfare but I find it hard to go back to the infantry only MP now. I think I just got burnt out on it from the Counterstrike days.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
thalegion

Quote:

You just revealed your age group with this post lol 12-16

Old
08-31-2012, 03:03 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
Wat a N00bnyk

Quote:

No offence but this post is full of . First off, Brawl is not even half the game Melee was and it's not even close. Second off "That Zelda game" is pretty much the only good thing to come out of Nintendo in years.

And the Wii U promises to be disappointing like nearly every other Nintendo product for the past 5-10 years. Nintendo is a dying breed.

Anyway, I'm buying a Game Boy Colour and Pokemon Red this weekend just for nostalgia's sake. Takes me back to my childhood

Also have pre-orders for NHL 13 Stanley Cup Edition, Assassin's Creed III and going to the midnight release of Halo 4. Gooood times

Last edited by EchoesoftheEighties: 08-31-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old
08-31-2012, 05:21 PM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

To anyone considering skyrim. Try it. Its amazing.

Old
08-31-2012, 05:29 PM
The Last Dynasty
We're in Hell men

How's Madden 13? my 2nd fav sport game (after FIFA) but I didn't like last year's game

Old
08-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Senor Catface

I still play EHM 2005. Yeah, I said it.

Old
08-31-2012, 06:57 PM
DousedInOil

Anyone else get sucked into Guild Wars 2??

Old
08-31-2012, 06:58 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaray_656 View Post
No offence but this post is full of . First off, Brawl is not even half the game Melee was and it's not even close. Second off "That Zelda game" is pretty much the only good thing to come out of Nintendo in years.

And the Wii U promises to be disappointing like nearly every other Nintendo product for the past 5-10 years. Nintendo is a dying breed.

Anyway, I'm buying a Game Boy Colour and Pokemon Red this weekend just for nostalgia's sake. Takes me back to my childhood

Also have pre-orders for NHL 13 Stanley Cup Edition, Assassin's Creed III and going to the midnight release of Halo 4. Gooood times

The boulded part is full of

Ok so the big upgrade to NHL13 is the skating physics! Fail! I've never played an NHL game that contradicts your commands as much as this one. I really hope the patches for this game come big time and early. Not very happy.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:47 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
I still play EHM 2005. Yeah, I said it.
I come back to 2007 from time to time.

I really am looking forward to this

Old
08-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
[/B]

The boulded part is full of

Ok so the big upgrade to NHL13 is the skating physics! Fail! I've never played an NHL game that contradicts your commands as much as this one. I really hope the patches for this game come big time and early. Not very happy.
Gm Connected looks like its going to be the best thing they have done in a long time.

The new player/goalie AI should increase the playability a lot as well.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:30 PM
ThePresent83

I would STRONGLY recommend The Walking Dead to anyone who wants great bang for your buck. I've played through the first 3 episodes and cant wait for the 4th and 5th.

This is a game for players who like great story, great characters, choose your own adventure style play, detective style play, morality issues, and of course, zombies.

There are tons of fine 60 dollar games out on the shelves, but instead, stay in your house, go into the game marketplace, by the 1st episode for like 5 bucks, and let yourself get hooked.

Closed Thread