Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper89 View Post
The deal just doesn't make sense, is Ford rushed to get this roster closer to being completed sooner than later?

I guess after tonights blue & white game the coaching staff and mgmt have a deicison on which OA to move (btwn o'connor & buonomo). However i still wish it was Beyers who got moved.
they technically don't have to move one until Jan 10th haha

no rush.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:29 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

hey - just wanted to follow up on some late 2011 draft pics. Are/were any of these guys followed up on in camp this year - did any of them come to camp - if so how did any of them look?..otherwise, anyone know where they have ended up?

8-4 - Jack Hidi (Markham Majors)

12-11 - Mike Webster (Vaughan Kings)

15-1 - Fabrizio Ricci (Toronto Titans)

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 08-31-2012 at 03:05 AM. Reason: just cleaned up ambiguous wording in post
Old
08-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Webster has the inroads on the 7th D spot

Ricci has a shot at a forward job

Hidi was cut i believe

Old
08-31-2012, 07:49 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
Webster has the inroads on the 7th D spot

Ricci has a shot at a forward job

Hidi was cut i believe
Fatovic survive the cuts? Thanks!

Old
08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
behind the d

Fatovic did not survive from what i hear, Told he had a great camp but didn't show up for the Blue & White game, He is still young should have a good shot next year.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by behind the d View Post
Fatovic did not survive from what i hear, Told he had a great camp but didn't show up for the Blue & White game, He is still young should have a good shot next year.
He didn't impress me at the Blue & white game but Webster did. Does anybody know who got cut or who is left?

Old
08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Crottenham

Thanks! Goes to show you, in major junior every opportunity counts.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

yes Fatovic was cut, they plan on him being a big part of the D next year.

32 players left in camp.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

9 D left in camp:
Buonomo/oc/lepkowski/ekblad/yuill/laser/garcia/webster/cruickshank

Old
08-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Arjay

Interesting that Cruikshank is still around. He played with Forslund in the Blue/White and they both looked good for 2 periods. As I was watching him closely I noted that he was -4 in the third period including a penalty shot goal! I agree that Fatovic did not do much but I would argue that Laser was pretty bad as well.
Among the forwards I thought Matthew McLeod looked great - not 16 till October! Ricci had a good game while Seraphim was almost invisible - except when he had a brief scrap with Ricci. Anybody know the forward list at this point?

Old
08-31-2012, 11:18 PM
NHL Fanatic

Did Mike Webster sign or will that be pending exhibition play?

Old
09-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Weber hasn't signed yet...but with Cruickshank's being cut tonight he is on the team barring a trade.

Blackwood, Fotinos, Niederberger.

D include Webster, Garcia, Ekblad, Yuill, Lepkowski, Buonomo, Laser, O'Connor.

Forwards are: Scheifele, Beyers, Camara, Hall, Athanasiou, MacDonald, Bradford, Bell, Markkula, Corson, Scott, Perlini, Smoskowitz, Ricci, Kravchuk, Klie

Not sure why Klie is still here....he hasn't done anything as far as I am concerned....if I were Seraphim, I wouldn't even come back next year

Old
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
LeafsColts13

I will be going to see the game in Owen Sound tomorrow. Hope to see them get a win to start the year. I will do an update when I get back.

Old
09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
coltsfan3035

Any reports on the game in os this afternoon?

Old
09-02-2012, 08:33 PM
LeafsColts13

Barrie Vs Owen Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan3035 View Post
Any reports on the game in os this afternoon?
As you probaly know by now they won 3-1 and there were a few fights including Anthiansiou, Corson and Hall all in the first period. Niederburger played the first half and was tested quite a bit in the first on Camara's double minor and was extremely solid. Fotinos was shakey to start and let in a bad goal but after that he settled down and was solid. Webster also had a slow start but played well after the first period and was huge in Camara's goal. Laser was good but soft and O'Connor had a good game and had a sweet backhand goal from Perelini who had a solid game. Overall for the first preseason game I was impressed and I am looking forward to tomorrows game at the BMC!

Old
09-03-2012, 11:56 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

How did Athanasiou look?

Old
09-03-2012, 02:25 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
How did Athanasiou look?
He looked good but I didn't see him after the fight as they give game misconduct for fighting in preseason.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:08 AM
LeafsColts13

I am hearing from twitter Webster has signed and he deserves it after last night playing with Ekblad in the colts 4-3 win.

Old
09-04-2012, 02:33 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
He looked good but I didn't see him after the fight as they give game misconduct for fighting in preseason.
Did he win the fight?

Old
09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Arjay

If he didn't win the fight, he sure as hell didn't lose it! After hardly noticing Webster in training camp, I have been mightily impressed with him in the first 2 ex games. Apparently you have to be a really good skater to play for DH. Maybe that's why Seraphim lost out - although his had improved a lot from last year. It may also be why Laser gets cut a lot of slack!

Old
09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Wiley Old Vet

I don't know what you saw but I find it disturbing when I read that a player played ugly or people take pot shots at players constantly. At the Blue White game and on Monday I saw some real positives. Starting from the goal out:

Blackwood was real solid. Square to the puck and quiet in net. The net looks good for a few years.
Garcia and Laser were the steadiest pairing, IMO, and it was good to see Garcia get a game star. Arjay and Racer have you ever given Laser any credit? You seem to enjoy throwing him under the bus even when he plays well.
Macdonald and Hall seem to have nice chemistry and I would like to see them stay together for a while. Cannot image that Macdonald played ugly in the camp. Maybe he did not mesh with linemates but ugly? I did not see the scrimmages but he has been real good when I did see him. Again, Racer have you ever given him any credit? or do you only give credit to your favorite players?
It was great to see some of the surprise younger players play so well. Ricci, Webster, Brown (not young but still a rookie), etc. They played a solid game without a lot of the vets.
The Colts lost a lot of scoring so it will be fun to see who steps up. Last year was a great ride and this year may be a surprise as well.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Arjay

WileyOleVet- Maybe it's just a difference of opinion rather than favouritism!? At the last game I had a long time season ticket holder tell me that Justin Scott was not going to make the team. I on the other hand, feel that he is going to be star!! Simply a difference of opinion.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
WileyOleVet- Maybe it's just a difference of opinion rather than favouritism!? At the last game I had a long time season ticket holder tell me that Justin Scott was not going to make the team. I on the other hand, feel that he is going to be star!! Simply a difference of opinion.
Thats the problem with online message boards. Alot of people have personal reasons for posting. Some are friends, some are fans, some are family. If somethign negative (or sometimes nothing at all) is said about a player, then those who are emotionally attached to said player feel as thou its someone attacking them, and lash out. Its happened that way for a long, long time.

I think people need to appriciate that this is a public forum, and that kids can read this stuff.

That said, I haven't seen much of that on the Barrie forum, you guys seem to have a nice group here, unlike some threads which are riddled with parents and hangers on.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley Old Vet View Post
I don't know what you saw but I find it disturbing when I read that a player played ugly or people take pot shots at players constantly. At the Blue White game and on Monday I saw some real positives. Starting from the goal out:

Blackwood was real solid. Square to the puck and quiet in net. The net looks good for a few years.

He looked great Monday, at camp he let in an average of 3 goals per 20 min period...

Garcia and Laser were the steadiest pairing, IMO, and it was good to see Garcia get a game star.

They looked okay....Lepkowski and Ekblad were by far the best defenders on the ice though Monday....Laser and garcia both are pushed around too easily but when Lase has the puck he can make magic happen.

Arjay and Racer have you ever given Laser any credit? You seem to enjoy throwing him under the bus even when he plays well.
Who's him? I believe every player i said had a bad camp I also said something positive about....with the veterans I went off a few factors, even comments from team mates and a few in management.

Macdonald and Hall seem to have nice chemistry and I would like to see them stay together for a while. Cannot image that Macdonald played ugly in the camp. Maybe he did not mesh with linemates but ugly? I did not see the scrimmages but he has been real good when I did see him. Again, Racer have you ever given him any credit? or do you only give credit to your favorite players?

Alex Fotinos was in the bad i believe....I think you may find I am his biggest fan....I watched every scrimmage and I gave my honest opinion...again I believe I said something positive even in the little write up...why are you so hung up on Macdonald? Also last year I was campaigning for him to make the team and get a regular shift so I dont know what you are referring to?

It was great to see some of the surprise younger players play so well. Ricci, Webster, Brown (not young but still a rookie), etc. They played a solid game without alot of the vets.

Cody looked awesome and is in the catbirds seat for that final 4th line job.

The Colts lost a lot of scoring so it will be fun to see who steps up. Last year was a great ride and this year may be a surprise as well.
feel free to shoot me a PM on here and we can meet up at the next game and I can explain to you what I saw....I don't want to be the 'keyboard warrior' and I know the kids read on here and am conscious of it....I rarely talk bad about a player and if I do..I state a positive...like i did with Josh's work in the summer

Old
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Arjay

Good post Racer14]. I too am strictly a fan with no connections to individual players or management. I hope I have not developed the habit of directly criticising specific kids. I agree that encouragement is much more contructive. Go Colts Go!

Closed Thread