HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

United in dislike, NHL fans start boycott

Old
08-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
I just want people to boycott the CBC HNIC next year and the fact it has turned into a drug/alcohol sponsored infomercial.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Chris G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal4Life View Post
LOL,then switch to Bell. You`ll get both and they will count as one. Its Videotron that is making it count as 2
Exactly!

Ps Isn't TSN also owned by Bell Media? Hell, if your gonna boycott one does it really make sense to have TSN?

But I think your problem is with Videotron not Bell.

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:24 PM
deandebean

Errr...I think you don't reallly understand the issue here. It's VIDEOTRON, not BELL that is forcing you to take both.

And if you REALLY believe that Quebecor is not playing a game here, you don't understand how this war is waged. While PKP is crying a river over the Bell-Astral deal, he's the one trying to have his company be a quasi-monopoly in the Québec market. He is waging major wars against Bell, Astral, Transcontinental, the Remillard Brothers, SRC, Gesca...heck, the rest of the media world in this province. The guy wants to CONTROL. It's like having Hitler complaining about Milosevic's genocide of the Bosniacs.

Anyway, talked to someone who works at the CRTC, and what's going to happen is probably this: Bell will have to sell some of its regional stations to independent owners, and the deal will go through. Television-wise, Bell will prevail. And I'd rather have Bell prevailing than PKP.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
psychonaut

Funny I just got a letter from Videotron that I wont have to pay for TSN and RDS anymore.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:50 PM
FranksterQc

NHL Network + Proxy?

NHL Network + Proxy? Couldnt you stream all games like that?

FranksterQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:53 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Yeah let's boycott Nike..... and buy some Bauer... or Reebok maybe... or should we go with CCM? Wait should I even buy myself any skates after all since they are all competing against each other? No I guess I won't play my favorite sport this winter.

I won't go to any restaurants either since somewhere somehow, all fast food chains are sponsoring at least one NHL team.

If I'm with Rogers, should I cancel my phone contract and go with Bell? Oh wait they too are sponsors.

Nah I guess I'm just gonna buy myself a car and.......... dammit, pretty much every single car company is sponsoring one or multiple teams!

Okay fuk it, I'll remain on my couch and play some video games.... but if I recall, Playstation is a sponsor too, so I can't.

Well I'll go buy some beers and...........

So yeah... we're fuked.

You might wanna reconsider the "just don't buy any tickets" option, right?
You're hooked on brands, we get it.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
The very moment the Stanley Cup gets awarded to a non-NHL team it loses its credibility as a trophy. Nobody watches the playoffs to see who wins the Stanley Cup, they watch to see who becomes NHL champion. If you start awarding the cup to nothing leagues, then the trophy becomes a nothing trophy. The Stanley Cup is what it is because of the NHL, not the other way around.
Well the Stanley Cup is a great trophy because of the culmulative past winners. It's a legacy and tradition. I actually think it is and should be greater than the NHL. They have a claim to it but it should represent the best of hockey. If there's a Lockout, I would not have a problem if it would be defended by hockey games that are not NHL games because they would not exist. Just make sure it's highly competitive hockey.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Funny I just got a letter from Videotron that I wont have to pay for TSN and RDS anymore.
No. You got a letter saying TSN and Sportsnet HD won't cost any extra.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

cable television is a dying dinosaur. People should boycott it all together.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
That does suck that it counts as 2

I hate Bell, but I swtiched over from Videotron mainly for the HD programming.. It's like night and day in terms of HD selection and I can custom my channels as many times that I want in a given month (with Videotron, I was locked in for a month).

DJyellow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 11:31 AM
the

Oh boy, once again typical Quebecor's crap. It's a POS company...yes even bigger then Bell. They always brain wash people into thinking they are the "Nice" guys that do everything by the book and that everything bad about the telecom industry is because of "Evil" Bell.

It's Videotron that screws you over but PKP likes to make people look like a bunch of idiots by giving us great Bullsh*t Tv channels,newspaper and magazines.

Don't get me wrong,I hate Bell also but it always amazes me how people think that Videotron is the opposite of Bell. Maybe 10 years ago it was but now there's no real advantage staying with them. PKP is ruthless and he's going to find anyway possible to give a cheap shot and manipulate his viewers,subscribers opinion even if it's pure bs.

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Lizard King*

If I already have a plan that has RDS and not RDS2 is it still going to continue like that or am I going to have to get RDS2 as well?

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Boulette Cannon

I want to get rid of Vidéotron too.

The option I'm looking at is Techsavvy.

I just don't know how I'm going to stream habs games on my HD TV. Is there any good quality options? I know I can't access them via NHL Gamecenter on my apple tv because RDS is a b!tch.

What to do? What are the options?

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:36 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulette Cannon View Post
I want to get rid of Vidéotron too.

The option I'm looking at is Techsavvy.

I just don't know how I'm going to stream habs games on my HD TV. Is there any good quality options? I know I can't access them via NHL Gamecenter on my apple tv because RDS is a b!tch.

What to do? What are the options?
Right now? Illegal streams.

I really wish RDS would bring back their Habs streams like they did for the centennial season. By the end of the season the feed was HD quality however my internet connection kinda sucked and I didn't have an HDTV so I couldn't fully take advantage of it.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Right now? Illegal streams.

I really wish RDS would bring back their Habs streams like they did for the centennial season. By the end of the season the feed was HD quality however my internet connection kinda sucked and I didn't have an HDTV so I couldn't fully take advantage of it.
Yeah thats what I thought. There's also hockeystreams, but supposedly that its not that good and pretty expensive. Guess I'll have to change teams to watch hockey this year.

****** you PKP & BELL.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I've had enough of this ****.

**** the NHL and the NHLPA.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:58 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Yeah thats what I thought. There's also hockeystreams, but supposedly that its not that good and pretty expensive. Guess I'll have to change teams to watch hockey this year.

****** you PKP & BELL.
Heh. I usually find streams on Justin.tv that do the job and I watch CBC for the rest of games. it's not perfect but at least I get to watch most games.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:

****** you PKP & BELL.
You can also get IPTV from Colbanet which has RDS

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Would be interesting to know if tons of people would use Twitter to send NHL and NHLPA some boycott messages, if that would change anything.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
Oh boy, once again typical Quebecor's crap. It's a POS company...yes even bigger then Bell. They always brain wash people into thinking they are the "Nice" guys that do everything by the book and that everything bad about the telecom industry is because of "Evil" Bell.

It's Videotron that screws you over but PKP likes to make people look like a bunch of idiots by giving us great Bullsh*t Tv channels,newspaper and magazines.

Don't get me wrong,I hate Bell also but it always amazes me how people think that Videotron is the opposite of Bell. Maybe 10 years ago it was but now there's no real advantage staying with them. PKP is ruthless and he's going to find anyway possible to give a cheap shot and manipulate his viewers,subscribers opinion even if it's pure bs.
Except that the service of Bell has always been atrocious and it has not changed.

Except for the fact that RDS has always been an awful sports channel.

Except for the fact that they started RDS 2 to compete with TVA Sports.

Bell is like the drunk uncle that won't leave the room and embarass everybody. Quebecor is the hot chick who is a big tease but won't give you the time of day.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Heh. I usually find streams on Justin.tv that do the job and I watch CBC for the rest of games. it's not perfect but at least I get to watch most games.
Same I havn't had cable service for over 5 years now just 150 MBps internet and
a laptop that had a broken screen so I unscrewed the broken screen and attached it to my LCD TV , I've been streaming games this way for a while and it's just fantastic.
Sometimes the quality isn't as good but especially when games are on CBC.ca they
are in crystal clear HD(this service has been much better since they updated their servers in 2012).
Saving 50+ a month and just enjoying using the internet to it's full potential I really don't understand why
we are still stuck paying for Cable/Phone and internet in 2012 when all 3 services can be given by just the internet...In the future
I hope that we will just be able to buy internet everyone get's as fast speed as possible and you buy data as you need 50GB/100GB/200Gb/300Gb ,
I can't see how the average user can go over 100GB by using "Phone" Voip(10GB)/"TV" Streaming service(60GBO)/"PC/Mobile device" Internet usage(30GB).

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Flyinghab

I say if and when hockey resumes, we the fans upperdecker every washroom in every NHL arena across North America.

Flyinghab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:12 AM
BLONG7

Cooler heads have to prevail, there has got to be a deal done...I still think for some reason, we will have a full season...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote