HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 09:25 AM
korndog81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
So you think she's anywhere close to Dustin Penner in real life?

Her having better stats than him is a joke, just the usual political correctness.

The best woman in the world couldn't cut it in OHL - and the worst player in OHL isn't anywhere close to Dustin Penner.

Wickenheizer should be around 25 at most.
I agree 100% with what your saying, but it's a video game man... Chill

Old
09-01-2012, 09:27 AM
TeppoWinnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
You can't do that.
I understood that you get 2-3 players from the team you choose
to be your favourite team at the beginning.

Old
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeppoWinnipeg View Post
Haha where did you hear that? No way would that be true. Everyone would have Sid+ Malkin + Neal right away

Old
09-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Well if it is true, it'd probably be players something like if you're a Montreal fan you get Yannick Weber, Blake Geoffrion and Ryan White.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
TeppoWinnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Haha where did you hear that? No way would that be true. Everyone would have Sid+ Malkin + Neal right away
http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...eam-deep-dive-

Old
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
You get a couple from your favorite team, but they are more than likely going to be 3rd or 4th liners.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:32 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
That's pretty cool I guess. In confused as to why they bothered with Salaries this year if there is no cap.

Old
09-01-2012, 11:59 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

The auction price of superstars is going to be ridiculous this year. It's always been high, but now that you get to keep them forever and no cap to worry about(for the most part), it's going to skyrocket.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:06 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
That's pretty cool I guess. In confused as to why they bothered with Salaries this year if there is no cap.
Certain online tournaments will have salary caps.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:07 PM
RW8

I like the team switch thing. I always seemed to limit my lines to players on the same team for the chemistry. It will be nice to actually be able to put the guys I want on each line and not have to worry about it.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
So you think she's anywhere close to Dustin Penner in real life?

Her having better stats than him is a joke, just the usual political correctness.

The best woman in the world couldn't cut it in OHL - and the worst player in OHL isn't anywhere close to Dustin Penner.

Wickenheizer should be around 25 at most.
Do me a favour will you
Go find Hayley Wickenheiser, meet her face to face, tell her she doesn't deserve to be in the game and that she's overrated. If you filmed it that would be even better.

Also is that fear I sense? Are all you anti-Hayley/Angela boys really that scared that women are going to take over the NHL franchise? Want to know why us "white knights" that you keep making fun of don't care what their rated?

If women and girls want to live their dreams by playing as either woman in the NHL on a video game then they can. Your probably one of those boys that thinks girls shouldn't be even allowed to play boys hockey at any level in any league.

I would like to add something in the realm of a short pier and a long walk but I'm sure that's against the rules.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
He has it. He posted a picture of it on Facebook, he's just not allowed to make videos until the game is out.

Also, I'm surprised that Bobby Orr isn't in the game as a Legend yet.
I knew he wasn't allowed to post videos. He is so lucky.

Old
09-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Neither girl belongs in the game. Neither girl has ever played for any of the teams in the game an it's a joke that they have ratings higher than real NHL players. Is Mia Hamm gonna be in FIFA next?

Stop it

It doesn't make or break the game it's just ridiculous and quite frankly it's insulting to real pro players in the game

Old
09-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Neither girl belongs in the game. Neither girl has ever played for any of the teams in the game an it's a joke that they have ratings higher than real NHL players. Is Mia Hamm gonna be in FIFA next?

Stop it

It doesn't make or break the game it's just ridiculous and quite frankly it's insulting to real pro players in the game
Yeah...I'm pretty sure real pro players aren't going to be insulted by a couple of 'legends' overall ratings. This is just a marketing attempt to draw interest from women and, like you yourself stated, it doesn't make or break the game.

The joke is people thinking this is something to complain about IMO. I mean come on, this is a mode where you have training cards to boost player ability and people are talking about couple of player ratings not being 'realistic'.

Old
09-01-2012, 01:48 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

So does anybody have any idea what these Reward Item Packs are that we win for playing stuff like HUT and NHL Moments Live?

Old
09-01-2012, 01:55 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
Do me a favour will you
Go find Hayley Wickenheiser, meet her face to face, tell her she doesn't deserve to be in the game and that she's overrated. If you filmed it that would be even better.

Also is that fear I sense? Are all you anti-Hayley/Angela boys really that scared that women are going to take over the NHL franchise? Want to know why us "white knights" that you keep making fun of don't care what their rated?

If women and girls want to live their dreams by playing as either woman in the NHL on a video game then they can. Your probably one of those boys that thinks girls shouldn't be even allowed to play boys hockey at any level in any league.

I would like to add something in the realm of a short pier and a long walk but I'm sure that's against the rules.
This...

Now matter what people say these too are better then 90% of the people on these boards...

And they'll still be legends at the end of the day... Show some ****ing respect.

Old
09-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
So does anybody have any idea what these Reward Item Packs are that we win for playing stuff like HUT and NHL Moments Live?
Just a free pack with maybe one rare. You'll definitely get one rare by beating the HUT tournament though. They call it "upgraded". Don't expect too much though.

Old
09-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Roomtemperature

Quote:
I imagine it'd be like they did in Madden. Its a "training camp" version where they are an 85 (or what ever they use in NHL's) to make sure you aren't stuck with all crappy unrecognizable players at first. So its the generic player in a shell and name you like

Old
09-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Give me manon reheaume if anything. At least she played in an NHL game played in the IHL the CHL an other pro and junior leagues. Christ if she was in te game they'd probably give her brodeurs ratings

Old
09-01-2012, 03:29 PM
derriko

I love the shooting in this game. It feels so good to pick a corner or go bar down.

I was streaking down the left wing on Kovalchuk's forehand, I moved it to his backhand a little closer than the faceoff dot to the net, and scored high blocker and off the post on Quick.

It was maybe the coolest single shot I've ever scored with in any game, not to mention my first backhand snipe. I dont think i have ever scored a clear backhand that far out unless it was a rebound before. The replay looked gorgeous as well, its too bad you can't view it again in the demo.

Old
09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

Yeah I was just about to come in here to praise the shooting. Feels a lot more fluid and quick shots are important, I've scored a couple snipes that I could have never done in any other game, including NHL12 which was already pretty decent in that regard.

I've only been able to play 4 or so games in the demo (was on vacation when it came out) but I love it so far. An incredible step ahead, sure there will always be a thing here or there to complain about, but when you really consider how far these games have come it's pretty incredible.

Can't wait for the whole product, I'm hoping some of the presentation stuff will be really fleshed out when you play complete games, I dig the transitions into intermissions, feel much more like a broadcast.

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 09-01-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old
09-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Do me a favour will you

How is this relevant? Me telling someone face to face that they are massively overrated on a video game would make any difference?

You, sir, just posted the most illogical comment of the decade.

carry on.

edit: I was wrong. This guy takes the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
This...

Now matter what people say these too are better then 90% of the people on these boards...

What does it matter that the two best women in the world are better than 90% of the posters in a forum?? I don't see any of us being in NHL 13? And some of us should be since there apparently are 10 % of us who are better than they are.

Stupid, really stupid post.

Old
09-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
How is this relevant? Me telling someone face to face that they are massively overrated on a video game would make any difference?

carry on.
You feel pretty strongly that she shouldn't be in the game so you should be the one to tell her she shouldn't be in the game.

You know since she's an overrated piece of garbage who never did anything in the NHL. Oh wait to us maybe she didn't but to other women and girls she won herself a spot at the Flyers training camp. How many women do that?

That's pretty special considering she didn't deserve it according to you. These are no longer women playing in skirts and in pink. They have as much passion as you and I.

She deserves respect for the boundaries she's dared to cross. She's done more as a woman then you have.

Old
09-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
You feel pretty strongly that she shouldn't be in the game so you should be the one to tell her she shouldn't be in the game.

You know since she's an overrated piece of garbage who never did anything in the NHL. Oh wait to us maybe she didn't but to other women and girls she won herself a spot at the Flyers training camp. How many women do that?

That's pretty special considering she didn't deserve it according to you. These are no longer women playing in skirts and in pink. They have as much passion as you and I.

She deserves respect for the boundaries she's dared to cross. She's done more as a woman then you have.
1: When did I say she shouldn't be in the game? I said her rating was way too high.

2: She got invited to the training camp ONLY because she is a famous female hockey player. If she had been a man with exctly the same skills/physical traits, she would never have been asked to join. Are you seriously believing that she earned it irregardless of her gender?

3: I'm sure she's done more as a woman than I have, considering I'm not a woman.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Martyros

Quote:

carry on.

edit: I was wrong. This guy takes the cake.

What does it matter that the two best women in the world are better than 90% of the posters in a forum?? I don't see any of us being in NHL 13? And some of us should be since there apparently are 10 % of us who are better than they are.

Stupid, really stupid post.
The only thing that's stupid is you saying that the ladies don't deserve to be in the game when they ARE legends to begin with. Is Roenick a legend? I don't think, why the **** is he a legend in the game? Who gives a **** what their ratings are? are their ratings better than the other legends? I don't think so.

Closed Thread