HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-31-2012, 10:51 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Par ailleurs, Charles Hudon a été blessé en première période et n'est pas revenu dans le match. Il est entré en collision avec la bande lors d'une course pour la rondelle avec un adversaire. Hudon est blessé au bas du corps et une évaluation aura lieu samedi.
http://www.sagueneens.com/article/d-...-drummondville

Old
09-01-2012, 07:16 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
And the injury bug begins again..

Old
09-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He really does need to work on his faceoffs, though
That's great material for all the "glass-half-empties" around here.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And the injury bug begins again..
Bourque....Hudon.....2 Habs members already out....and the season hasn't started yet....

Old
09-01-2012, 10:55 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bourque....Hudon.....2 Habs members already out....and the season hasn't started yet....
There will be blood.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Collberg and Nystrom are playing for Sweden in a U-20 4 nations tournament. Through 2 games, Collberg has 3 goals (2 today vs the Czechs) as he continues to excel against kids his age. Nystrom has an assist.

I can only wonder what Collberg's numbers would look like if he played in the CHL. Well over a point per game I would imagine.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Collberg and Nystrom are playing for Sweden in a U-20 4 nations tournament. Through 2 games, Collberg has 3 goals (2 today vs the Czechs) as he continues to excel against kids his age. Nystrom has an assist.

I can only wonder what Collberg's numbers would look like if he played in the CHL. Well over a point per game I would imagine.
You have to think. Still, with wingers like Collberg, you really don't know how they'll do in the show till they get there. Guys without talent don't suddenly become scoreres, but a ton of guys with elite skills just can't do put up numbers (or play defense, or skate, etc.) enough to really put together a career in the bigs.

Not trying to rain on the parade at all. I think Collberg's the best wing prospect we've drafted in years. But just like for Bozon and Hudon, or DD for example, these are guys who will make it as top six offensive players or not really make it at all. That's part of why it's so much fun to root for them.

Old
09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Not trying to rain on the parade at all. I think Collberg's the best wing prospect we've drafted in years. But just like for Bozon and Hudon, or DD for example, these are guys who will make it as top six offensive players or not really make it at all. That's part of why it's so much fun to root for them.
Yet, Collberg will make it. I just have no doubt about that. I mean, I could have doubts with almost everybody on our prospect list but Gally and Collberg. That's how strong I think of him. Will make it AND be a top 6 player. And yes, Collberg would be a dominant player in Juniors.

Strangely, I don't remember being that excited after seeing a pick we made on NHL.com. To see Collberg's name beside the Habs was a great draft feeling.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-02-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old
09-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

OT goal today in a 2-1 win over the Finns.

http://translate.google.com/translat...te-mot-finland

Old
09-02-2012, 10:27 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Yet, Collberg will make it. I just have no doubt about that. I mean, I could have doubts with almost everybody on our prospect list but Gally and Collberg. That's how strong I think of him. Will make it AND be a top 6 player. And yes, Collberg would be a dominant player in Juniors.

Strangely, I don't remember being that excited after seeing a pick we made on NHL.com. To see Collberg's name beside the Habs was a great draft feeling.
Galchenyuk the night before made me so ecstatic, especially with the fear that Murray may be our pick. Landing him was a huge celebration in my house.

The next day, when I heard Columbus talking, I thought they were speaking about Collberg, they took Dansk.. when Edmonton took Moroz, I laughed hysterically and couldn't believe our luck when Collberg was snagged.

Thrower and Bozon were just candies on top. Hudon surprising me with amazing play at the CAN-RUS challenge was another cherry on an already promising draft.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:00 AM
pine*

I love Trevor Timmins.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Galchenyuk the night before made me so ecstatic, especially with the fear that Murray may be our pick. Landing him was a huge celebration in my house.

The next day, when I heard Columbus talking, I thought they were speaking about Collberg, they took Dansk.. when Edmonton took Moroz, I laughed hysterically and couldn't believe our luck when Collberg was snagged.

Thrower and Bozon were just candies on top. Hudon surprising me with amazing play at the CAN-RUS challenge was another cherry on an already promising draft.
I'm with WS and WTK on how excited I was about the Collberg pick. I really think teams put an overemphasis on size and physicalness in the first round...it's a copycat league and the last 2 Cup winners had big forwards.

Jankowski, Moroz and Matteau being selected ahead of Collberg was very surprising for me...I

Old
09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Hudon did not break his ankle - he has a high ankle sprain.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Hudon did not break his ankle - he has a high ankle sprain.
No doctor...but isn't that worst? Are we automatically talking about half of a season here at the very least or am I mistaken it with something else?

Old
09-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I'm with WS and WTK on how excited I was about the Collberg pick. I really think teams put an overemphasis on size and physicalness in the first round...it's a copycat league and the last 2 Cup winners had big forwards.

Jankowski, Moroz and Matteau being selected ahead of Collberg was very surprising for me...I
Moroz is absolutely mind boggling for me. We never know, I guess he could develop into Lucic....but geez I so don't see it right now. Kudos to the Oilers clairvoyance if it does and I'll apologize but until then...it makes no sense whatsoever.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
No doctor...but isn't that worst? Are we automatically talking about half of a season here at the very least or am I mistaken it with something else?
It can be worse...it can also heal sooner than a fracture, depends on the severity.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:23 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

IMO getting Collberg at 33 really negates the disappointment of not being able to trade up into the 1st round to snag Teuvo Teravainen.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Not good news despite avoiding surgery - high ankle sprains can sometimes linger for an entire season. I mean, you can play on it eventually, but the ankle probably won't be 100% for 6+ months.

Chicoutimi's 1st regular season game is September 20th. That's 3 weeks. I would imagine they play it safe and have him sit out the start of the season.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Et le But

Gutted for Hudon,he was looking good too.

And the Collberg pick made me happier than any Habs pick in years. I loved the Galchenyuk and Beaulieu picks, but you could see them coming, Collberg should not have fallen past the 20s.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Collberg should not have fallen past the 20s.
Really? He's that talented? Haven't seen that much of him to make an assestment like that.

Old
09-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Really? He's that talented? Haven't seen that much of him to make an assestment like that.
Well the way other finesse players fell, it made sense. He was no top 10 pick for sure but to me you go for guys with goalscoring potential over grinders like Laughton and Wilson, and some of the defenders picked before him are projects.

The only wingers ahead of him IMO were Yakupov, Forsberg and Teravainen, three players I consider blue chip prospects.

Old
09-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Analyzer*

Pontus Aberg was another player who shouldn't have fell.

The great thing was hearing Timmins talk about how he couldn't sleep the night before with Collberg still on the table.

I was hoping for him, Thrower, or Dansk. We got 2 out of the 3.

Also, Nystrom is a great pick according to Swedish fans who would have actually seen him play.

Old
09-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Pontus Aberg was another player who shouldn't have fell.

The great thing was hearing Timmins talk about how he couldn't sleep the night before with Collberg still on the table.

I was hoping for him, Thrower, or Dansk. We got 2 out of the 3.

Also, Nystrom is a great pick according to Swedish fans who would have actually seen him play.

The Collberg vs Aberg debate was interesting, personally I thought all along Collberg has the higher ceiling of the two (Half a year younger and better wheels go a long way for me) but Aberg had the better SEL career so far, I have no idea how both dropped as far down as they did.

Didn't hear of Nystrom before the draft, he wasn't really talked about but seems he was on draft boards..looks like he's highly regarded in Sweden and has an interesting skillset, especially if there's no NHL this year I'm going to try and follow him.

Old
09-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Collberg vs Aberg debate was interesting, personally I thought all along Collberg has the higher ceiling of the two (Half a year younger and better wheels go a long way for me) but Aberg had the better SEL career so far, I have no idea how both dropped as far down as they did.

Didn't hear of Nystrom before the draft, he wasn't really talked about but seems he was on draft boards..looks like he's highly regarded in Sweden and has an interesting skillset, especially if there's no NHL this year I'm going to try and follow him.
It beats me how Collberg AND Aberg fell, but good for us and Nashville. I believe I remember reading/hearing that Bergevin wanted a late first to draft Collberg but couldn't get a deal that worked. Got him anyways.

I never heard of Nystrom either, but he did out produce Collberg. Should have drafted Nystrom in the 2nd round

Old
09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
It beats me how Collberg AND Aberg fell, but good for us and Nashville. I believe I remember reading/hearing that Bergevin wanted a late first to draft Collberg but couldn't get a deal that worked. Got him anyways.

I never heard of Nystrom either, but he did out produce Collberg. Should have drafted Nystrom in the 2nd round
I thought I had heard Bergevin wanted another late 1st to get Matteau... oh well, anyway, Collberg is an awesome pick, just after Moroz ().

And I agree, Nystrom still had twice the production in half the games that Collberg had, bust ?

Closed Thread