*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
mcreferee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
Not on their prelimenary roster to start camp. Most likely an OHL free agent i guess. Will prolly take advantage of his education package and play at school.
I noticed he wasn't on the roster. Any ideas when the camp invite roster will be available? I noticed Belleville has posted their camp roster on their website. Also, any truth to the Brace wants out rumours as posted on another thread?

Old
08-27-2012, 12:17 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreferee View Post
I noticed he wasn't on the roster. Any ideas when the camp invite roster will be available? I noticed Belleville has posted their camp roster on their website. Also, any truth to the Brace wants out rumours as posted on another thread?
Mississauga normally doesn't post their roster online, but if you do go to the intrasquad scrimmages they have the rosters available.

Old
08-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Torts

As for Brace wanting to leave, i always agree with the OA player that wants to compete in their last season. I dont see the Steelheads being anywhere close to even a playoff team yet so if a deal comes up at the dealine or earlier I think Boyd should pull the trigger and try to bring in some prospects and picks for next year.

Anyone going on thursday?

Old
08-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Torts

anyone who was at the scrimmages can you comment on who stood out and such.

i got there late and only nabbed a t-shirt

Old
08-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Elever
Hth

The exhibition games are open to the general public right? And I'm assuming you pay at the door?

Wanna go to the game against Owen Sound (shakes fist) at the Streetsville Arena cos it's the only one close by lol.

Btw do they ever hold anything at the arena near Meadowvale?

Old
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
The exhibition games are open to the general public right? And I'm assuming you pay at the door?

Wanna go to the game against Owen Sound (shakes fist) at the Streetsville Arena cos it's the only one close by lol.

Btw do they ever hold anything at the arena near Meadowvale?
You pay at the door but the tickets are significantly cheaper than the regular season of course.

Old
08-30-2012, 07:01 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
anyone who was at the scrimmages can you comment on who stood out and such.

i got there late and only nabbed a t-shirt
Teskey looked much improved, skating was much better. Scored 2 nice goals.

Burnside- was speed, speed, speed the kid was flying all over the ice. Looks bigger from last year. Scored a nice breakaway goal.

Solid play from returnees Foy, and Goldberg.

Carrick played very well, he just keeps getting better and better, strong on the wall, really good first pay and getting a lot better on the puck.

Walsh- looked alright, good first pass, good play defensively

Babinstev- looked ok, still adjusting you can tell, good hands though

Cobbold, Martin, Teichmann, DeMelo, Percy did not participate in scrimmage but were watching from the crowd.

Old
08-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post

Burnside- was speed, speed, speed the kid was flying all over the ice. Scored a nice breakaway goal.

Carrick played very well, he just keeps getting better and better, strong on the wall, really good first pay and getting a lot better on the puck.

Cobbold, Martin, Teichmann, DeMelo, Percy did not participate in scrimmage but were watching from the crowd.
Exactly what i wanted to hear. potential outside chance both these guys can score 20 goals each this year with upgraded playing time.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:15 PM
NHL Fanatic

Walsh, MacIntyre both had solid games in scrimmage two. MacIntyre signed with the team.

Old
09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Torts

anybody else gunna be in guelph today. i will let you guys know whos tands out after the game

glad tohear macintyre signed. now im wondering if Walsh's play has potentially gotten boyd to sign him.

Old
09-01-2012, 06:22 PM
wikiwikiwiki

Does anyone have the roster and stats for todays game?

Old
09-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Elever
Hth

Anyone know if the Steelheads have any hockey cards yet? Haven't gotten any jnr cards since I got a pack of Spitfires as a kid in the 90s but started collecting again and thought it'd be cool to get some Majors ones and get a few signed if they have a meet & greet.

Old
09-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikiwiki View Post
Does anyone have the roster and stats for todays game?
we won 5-3 against guelph. lines were mixed up a little bit. Brace and Cobbold were scratches. Rasumussen had a couple goals. Burnside had 3 points. Teskey short a goal and other than that im not sure what else stood out. Team played good and looked sharp even in the practice jerseys.

Old
09-03-2012, 10:21 AM
superspitfan99

Quote:

Burnside- was speed, speed, speed the kid was flying all over the ice. Looks bigger from last year. Scored a nice breakaway goal.

You're kidding right? Were you actually there?
Burnside looked great...he has got a little more height on him this year. McIntyre looked great...nice suprise!
Walsh...who is Walsh? Not one of the non-returning D looked good in my opinion and they would HAVE to be better than the 7 already there to be able to crack that line up. That being said, since you mentioned Carrick, I'm again not sure what you saw, but I thought he didn't have a great camp - probably knowing he didn't need to.

As for Cord, he's there. I thought the same thing when I didn't see his name. Don't know if something is in the works, or if it's just a huge oversight. Steelheads need to get on top of their website and keep it more up-to-date. No camp pics or comments, no exhibition comments, nada!!!

Old
09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post
Burnside looked great...he has got a little more height on him this year. McIntyre looked great...nice suprise!
Walsh...who is Walsh? Not one of the non-returning D looked good in my opinion and they would HAVE to be better than the 7 already there to be able to crack that line up. That being said, since you mentioned Carrick, I'm again not sure what you saw, but I thought he didn't have a great camp - probably knowing he didn't need to.

As for Cord, he's there. I thought the same thing when I didn't see his name. Don't know if something is in the works, or if it's just a huge oversight. Steelheads need to get on top of their website and keep it more up-to-date. No camp pics or comments, no exhibition comments, nada!!!
I was at the game in Port credit and let me tell you... Burnside is going to be a hell of a hockey player. Kid has a huge ceiling in my opinion.

Old
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post

Relax that was just day 1. No need to attack that is just my opinion. If you watch Carrick you know he isn't a flashy defensemen. He was pretty good in the corners escaping the forecheck without an issue. Good first pass, and he was doing well defensively. Now if you look at my earlier posts you would know I didn't have Walsh making the team this year but he wasn't bad. Did you actually watch him play, he made good first passes, played good positionally and wasn't bad for a rookie. He did have some turnovers but he will mature. And yes I was at training and attended the first two exhibition games. And as for Cord he didn't play of day 1, but he will be suiting up with the team, I don't expect them to get rid of him. Cobbold did not participate due to injury.

Old
09-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Torts

very impressed with the game against peterbourough. now of course they were sitting Quine, Menard and Koekkoek so it wasnt a full test but we are on par with a team like the petes so ill take that W. teams looking fairly good this preseason. young kids are stepping up

Old
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
NHL Fanatic

Thomas Welsh has decommitted to Penn State University, thus keeping his options open to possibly joining the OHL or pursuing another NCAA team.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 09-05-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old
09-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Torts

Quote:
Thomas Welsh has decommitted to Penn State University, thus keeping his options open to possibly joining the OHL or pursuing another NCAA team.
Good news for the Steelheads, heard online he couldnt come to an agreement with them on a contract but will now have to be bought out from the Georgetown Raiders for $5000, hope Boyd fronts the money as another solid dman could pave the way for one of/both DeMelo and Percy being traded away which could bring back enough pieces to turn this team into a contender again.

As for the game last night. It's obvious its gunna be one of those years, with some many young players we are bound to get beat most nights. However, Guelph had essential their starting nights lineup and we sat some players. Players who played well were Diodati, Cord, MacIntrye, Bourne (first OHL fight) and Teskey.

Will be interesting to see how young guns answer the call this season

Old
09-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Elever
Hth

Single tickets are going on sale on Sep 10th.

Btw if anyone drops by their box office then can they check the fan shop (called the bait shop or something, it's inside the arena right by the box office) to see if it has any hockey cards for Steelhead players in there? Arena's on the opposite corner of the city for me, I don't normally go by there.

Old
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
NHL Fanatic

I'm not 100% sure if he signed but Zottl still remains with the team and the new addition of Venuto.

Old
09-10-2012, 12:41 PM
NHL Fanatic

You can finally buy tickets online, they are now available on Ticketmaster.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Torts

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure if he signed but Zottl still remains with the team and the new addition of Venuto.
both looked decent in the preseason game at iceland

Zottl needs some time to adjust and Venuto played in the Q and has a hell of a snap shot.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:19 PM
superspitfan99

Quote:
Good news for the Steelheads, heard online he couldnt come to an agreement with them on a contract but will now have to be bought out from the Georgetown Raiders for $5000, hope Boyd fronts the money as another solid dman could pave the way for one of/both DeMelo and Percy being traded away which could bring back enough pieces to turn this team into a contender again.

As for the game last night. It's obvious its gunna be one of those years, with some many young players we are bound to get beat most nights. However, Guelph had essential their starting nights lineup and we sat some players. Players who played well were Diodati, Cord, MacIntrye, Bourne (first OHL fight) and Teskey.

Will be interesting to see how young guns answer the call this season
I would agree on your assessment here. This is going to be a rough start, but with some good strategic trades for some front end power the Steelheads should/could still be in the game. Question - will Boyd be the coach to be able to develop this team?

Old
09-15-2012, 02:00 PM
wikiwikiwiki

with the upcoming lockout, is it possible DSP comes back to the ohl?

Closed Thread